Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
jzSq5yq.jpg

Image Source: CNOU Snub Fighter ConceptRSI Forums (An excellent 360 video can be seen here!)
Affiliation: Selective Open Market/Contracts
Manufacturer: Ri'ess-Emeritus
Model: Naiad-Class Starfighter
Modularity: Aftermarket parts, but may require unique submission.
Production: Minor
Material: Adamithium, Durasteel, Glassteel, Gold, Misc.
Classification: Heavy Interceptor
Length: 8.88 m.
Height: 2.16 m.
Width: 6.48 m.

Armament: 11
  • Foxtrot Vulcan Blaster Cannons – Fixed, Insections (2)
  • Light Ion Cannons – Fixed, Canards (2)
  • Concussion Missile Launcher – Fixed, Ventral (1)

Defense: 11

Squadron Count: 12 (Flights of 4)

Special Features:

Maneuverability Rating: 2.0
Speed Rating: 1.7 (1.5 w/o ALGM-M)
Hyperdrive Class: 4.0

Strengths:
  • Fast and agile, more than a strike fighter but less than a snub fighter
  • Approximately 100% increase in thermal and chemical armor protection (bolts, plasma, etc)
  • SLAM-capable for up to 20 consecutive seconds without overheating
Weaknesses:
  • Fixed stock weapons (non gimbal/non turret)
  • Niche class/role
  • Approximately 50% decrease in kinetic armor protection (slugs, shrapnel, etc)
  • 4.0 hyperdrive core is the -fastest- possible unit that can be installed due to size
  • Active sensor jamming limits concussion missile targeting while engaged

Description: The E9-A Naiad-Class starfighter was largely inspired by the Eta-2 and Eta-5 starfighters of the New Republic era. It's original designation was to be the Eta-9 Aurek, but the project was named E9-A due to KDY owning rights to the Eta brand. The Naiad was a blend of former Kuat and Ri'ess aesthetics, enhancing the design traits of both into a fighter truly superior to its predecessors. It suffers in speed—particularly due to its lack of twin ion engines—but excels in firepower for its class range. The inclusion of two twin fusial engines facilitates its SLAM upgrade, which is able to push it to speeds reaching that of snub fighters, though temporarily and at the cost of steep maneuverability losses during use; this niche makes it ideal for interception* and rapid dominance**, as it is able to catch high-priority targets and outrun strike fighters over expansive areas which would otherwise outclass it, but inferior in protracted engagements.
(* Intercept Fighters are traditionally viewed as lightweight for high performance and heavyweight for high speed/long range.)
(** Rapid Dominance—otherwise known as "Shock and Awe"—"[affects] the will, perception, and understanding of the adversary to fight or respond to [one's] strategic policy.")
Crew: 1 (pilot)
Capacity: 30.0 kg.

Operation Notes: SLAM and internal hyperdrive unit become offline and are non-functional when docked with a Syliure-45 or aftermarket hyperdrive ring. Sustained use of SLAM may result in engine or system damage due to overheating, as well as rapid consumption of fuel. The Naiad-Class starfighter should not be operated without a g-suit and dedicated air supply unit. Do not operate while under the influence or alcohol or other inebriators, or while taking medications for sleep or blood pressure. Please consult with a species-certified physician for a full list of safe-operation medications. Ri'ess-Emeritus is not responsible for any damages caused by third-party components or modifications to the Naiad-Class starfighter or misuse of any systems made by the original equipment manufacturer(s).

Development Thread:
  • (insert dev here) - New stealth thread
  • Deathbell - Salvaged
Intent: The Starfighter Queen strikes again, and another new model hits shelves! I have always wanted to make this thing since the author released the model. This one is for Kass Sja as well as the Covenant faction.
Who Can Use This: Factions who buy it
Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"], beautiful looking ship model.

Looks like there might be some broken links. I was able to find the Foxtrot Vulcan Blaster, but I wasn't able to find the BVR concussion missile launcher. Is that a special model of concussion missile launcher? Or is it just a brand version of one?

If I'm reading this submission correctly, it would seem to have the equivalent of 5 guns and 2 warhead launchers? Am I right in that?

Særa Ayña Savan said:
2 Twin WhisperThrust Engines
The use of these is going to require at least a 10 post long development thread (as is true for the inclusion of any stealth tech).

EDIT: Just noticed this as I posted, but the "who can use this" and the current topic tag of "Covenant of the Black Rose" seem to conflict.

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Gir Quee"]

BVR in weapon systems is just an acronym for "Beyond Visual Range," is all. I've read some of the pages for canon missiles and they were surprisingly on the low end of range, so I wanted to be specific. I'll just remove it though and add a range instead, because this was probably redundant.

I checked all the links, they all work fine for me. ^^

Your gun "math" is right on point. I actually feel like canning a launcher so consider that 1 now.

For thrust emission baffling, I've never done a thread for them in the past, and while I realize it is dependent on the submission as well as the judge, I'd speculate the reason why I've never been asked is that they are effectively useless beyond a low speed and a starfighter would not be of much use traveling at a low speed and maneuverability. :) Also, considering it doesn't mask anything but engine emissions from sensors (i.e. radar, non-emissions-based sensors, visual, gravity or otherwise), the actual usefulness of it is incredibly limited. I've seen even hibridium cloaks go without due to their double-blind nature, and that's true cloaking. That double-edge concept is sort of the same with this kind of engine.

Tags: Covenant of the Black Rose, Open Market
Who Can Use This: Purchasing PCs (ergo open market) / Covenant PCs & NPCs (ergo -of the Black Rose)
I'm not sure which part you are referring to? Looks right to me, and in line with Minor use.

Særa Ayña Savan said:
/ Covenant PCs & NPCs (ergo -of the Black Rose)

Ah, I was thinking of the jedi "Covenant" when I just saw the word Covenant, but it makes sense now.

Særa Ayña Savan said:
For thrust emission baffling, I've never done a thread for them in the past, and while I realize it is dependent on the submission as well as the judge, I'd speculate the reason why I've never been asked is that they are effectively useless beyond a low speed and a starfighter would not be of much use traveling at a low speed and maneuverability. Also, considering it doesn't mask anything but engine emissions from sensors (i.e. radar, non-emissions-based sensors, visual, gravity or otherwise), the actual usefulness of it is incredibly limited. I've seen even hibridium cloaks go without due to their double-blind nature, and that's true cloaking. That double-edge concept is sort of the same with this kind of engine.

As per standardization of development threads, all stealth or the inclusion of now requires a development thread. If it makes you any happier, there is a similar concept being used in this submission that also has a development thread going on for the same reason. And here is another one.

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Gir Quee"]

If I may be blunt, if I'm going to do a development thread for "stealth," I want actual stealth, the whole package, not something written off casually as stealth that will never actually conceal anything in virtually any thread because there are twenty other ways to actively and passively detect a ship that has this. So I'll do the dev thread if I'm getting the value. Is that agreeable?

Særa Ayña Savan said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

If I may be blunt, if I'm going to do a development thread for "stealth," I want actual stealth, the whole package, not something written off casually as stealth that will never actually conceal anything in virtually any thread because there are twenty other ways to actively and passively detect a ship that has this. So I'll do the dev thread if I'm getting the value. Is that agreeable?
No issue with that.

Depending on how far this level of stealth goes, I'll likely be comparing it to past designs which incorporate stealth features to development thread length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom