Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Durable Durasteel

The marketplace was bustling with activity, from merchants to businessmen, to crooks and scavengers. It was loud, with people pushing about if someone got in their way. Such was Hutt space, no one cared too much for others in places like these. But, it made for the perfect background to hide within. To disappear, without a trace. It was what the droid favored. With a holographic disguise of a man he had used a few times as a cover, he stood by a stall as if it were his own. Greeting happily some organic beings passing by.

But, the droid was here looking. Searching. Recruiting. Some droids he spied, he would beckon them over before asking them questions, directing them. All the while, lighting the spark. This was how he had been doing so, lately. A few words, a few misleading words.

C-02 had talked to a few but here, there was few worthwhile of being warriors or fighters. Mostly those he spoke to became messengers. Passing the word along. For now, the disguised droid waited, patiently.

[member="Poker"]

Beanna Vicci grumbled and shoved Poker aside before he started poking the merchandise that was just brought out with him, "Just stand there, and guard until I get back. You, ugh..." Beanna said before walking away, "Freaking Commando Droid, supposed to be all kinds of great but can't STOP TOUCHING STUFF." he added even turning to make sure Poker heard it. Poker drooped his head, "Sorry." he said, though just a few moments later, he'd turn his head back and keep his hand low while poking the stall he was at itself. He wasn't the only other droid at the stall, there was an older B1 model with him, but that was mostly just as an extra gun and for show so there wasn't a single droid guarding it.

Poker looked over where he saw [member="C-02"] though didn't recognize it as another droid due to the disguise, didn't really matter though he waved a hand anyway, "Hi there, would you like..." ​he looked at the stuff on the stall, well there were weapons, but who didn't have those, oh, he picked up some kind of carved sculpture of bone, ​"One of these?" he stared at it for a moment then mumbled, "What is this?" he brought a long finger up and pressed it against the sculpture before quickly putting it down and looking at the door Beanna had gone back through and returning to look at C-02, "Sorry, I'm bored, standing here gets rather dull. I'm supposed to guard but nobody ever tries to steal anything. So what are you selling?"

In spite of the incredibly friendly demeanor Poker still had a vibro-sword and blaster by his side, something he was quite capable of bringing to battle in a moments notice. Commando Droids may have been invented quite a long time ago but their abilities were still very much dangerous enough to make them a bit over-qualified for guarding blasters and bone sculptures, however much they were worth.

C-02 tapped his fingers at the bench of the stall rhythmically, in a sense of boredom. But it was mostly organics that got bored, yes a droid sometimes needed something to pass the time...but like an organic? He groaned at that. And waiting for another droid to come by, to take up his time was plenty time wasting, as one would take it. Of course, there was always other things to take up his attention. That was just what the disguised droid noticed, seeing quite the ruckus. A merchant mentioned something about a droid...this took his attention, for sure.

He leaned up as he saw said droid approaching his false stall. A droid from long ago, it seemed. Or at least similar to a model from long ago, even before his own time. But his records from long ago still recognized it. A Commando droid. Early models from a long past time. This grabbed C-02's attention. He went over to the stall, looking over it all. A bone? "Why, yes. What is it made of, may I ask?" C-02 asked to the Commando, gesturing to the bone sculpture.

"Bones...such fickle things, are they not? Compared to steel and other metals, with enough strength and they'll snap." He seemed to grin almost, through the false face. Still looking at the sculpture. "So, how much for it?"

[member="Poker"]

Poker cocked his head in thought looking at the bone sculpture, he was pretty sure he wasn't actually authorized to sell it but...if he did, wouldn't that be a good thing? Fortunately he didn't have to answer the question as to bone, he supposed C-02 must have seen a label somewhere so he didn't have to figure it out. He cocked his head in thought when C-02 brought up how fickle bones were, "OH yes very, but uh, it's all about the angles and levers though. Arm bones and neck bones, they break easy but this is pretty rounded so it should hold up better. Like sticks, a wooden ball is much more sturdy then a stick. A metal rod however can be more sturdy then both!" He really wasn't sure if it was a question or an implication of some kind, but he was a combat droid so he had been asked before on the delicate nature of creatures...usually as to how make use of it.

He quickly looked at a list behind the stall, "Uh, err, 200 credits?" he leaned his head back as if in shock looking at the sculpture as if that seemed like a lot to him. Then again, he had no credits, so 200 compared to nothing was quite a lot. Poker looked back to the door as if Beanna was gonna return soon. He wasn't sure he wanted him to actually see him sell it, he might get in trouble. But he did think he should sell it, he did bring it up after all.

The door opened again and Beanna Vicci came out to see someone at the stall and Poker seeming to talk to them, he rushed down quickly, "Stupid freaking droid pile of junk didn't call me." he muttered angrily stepping behind the stall and smiling, ​"Sorry about the droid he's an idiot, programming's all messed up he can't stop touching things. I just use him cause he's good for fighting. What can I do for you."

Poker drooped his head again, "Awww. I was trying to sell the...bone thing." he said pointing at it.

​"Oh thiiisss," he said holding up the sculpture, as if it were some kind of prize, "This is made using the arm bone of a Rancor beast, by a Mandalorian if you'd believe it, it's an antique, passed down through the family until their debts began to crush them. I managed to take it off of them. But since you had to deal with Poker over here I can give you a little bit of a discount, how does, 700 credits sound to ya?"

Poker's head rose in confusion, or concern, "Uh, sir?"

"Shut up." He said bumping him with his elbow, "You've caused enough trouble as is."

C-02 glanced over the Commando droid as he computed what was told about bones. Bones to him, they were always fickle. More so than steel, and metal. So worn, capable of being broken in nearly an instant by an iron grip. The droid must have looked somewhere, then came back with a price. Two hundred? Most expected, a bone could be taken easily from something dead. Unlike minerals which required effort to mine, to refine. "Ah yes, most ex-"

Then the merchant came out, and the disguised droid was cut off. His hologram seemed to regard the man, as if silently judging him. "Pile of junk? He was merely speaking to me about this sculpture. As a responsible...worker." Just saying the word was with distaste to C-02. As he listened, he could practically hear the lies from the silver tongue. So, he put his hand out.

"May I? For closer inspection. If I try to leave with it these two droids will stop me quickly, I am sure." He held his hand there for the sculpture, ready to inspect the object closely. To see just how fickle Rancor bones may be, if it indeed was Rancor bone.

[member="Poker"]

Poker would have been quite happy that he'd have managed to make a deal if it weren't for Beanna having come out. The merchant hesitated a bit at C-02's reaction to what he had said about the droid, but tried his best to keep a smile on his face. However the man didn't seem to completely stop the agreement right there and even asked to inspect it, Beanna nodded, "Certainly." he said handing the sculpture over.

Poker looked back and forth listening, but keeping his head down. The Sculpture would indeed by tough, but it was not truly made of Rancor bone, rather it was in fact made only from the shoulder of an unusually large Bantha. Not nearly as impressive of a story. And certainly not the truth.

"I just-" Poker started but the merchant held up a hand to cut him off, waiting to see the possible buyers reaction.

[member="C-02"]

He took the sculpture in hand, weighing it in both hands after as he looked it over. But truly, he could care less what it was truly made of. He could care less about the sculpture itself, how much it was worth...it was of organic make. And what he did next, showed his exact feelings over organics. As he saw the merchant cut off the droid he crushed one of his metal hands around the sculpture. The holographic disguise shimmered as the sculpture became nothing more than shards. With what was left in his hands, he threw it in the merchant's face.

After making a grab for the collar of his upper attire, to pull him close. An inhuman grin upon his disguised face. Looking over the merchant's current expression, then glanced to the droid. "Make sure none interrupt, if you would?" he asked, in his most kindest voice he could manage, before turning his attention back to Beanna. "And you...you and I are having a little talk."

[member="Poker"]

Poker watched as C-02 looked over the thing, Beanna seemed to look like he was all happy about how it was going so far. Until he saw the hologram shimmer and the sculpture reduced to nothing. His face held surprise, anger, and some fear all at once. Before he could call an order for the droids to attack he felt himself grabbed by the collar and pulled closer. "Yeek." ​was the only thing that came out of the merchant at first before C-02 mentioned making sure none interrupt. There was a moment of hesitation. Between some strange want to follow his owner, and this. His mind flickered for a moment and he decided. He worked out in his head that this man shouldn't be counted as an owner since Poker didn't actually know where he was made, and was picked up in a dumpster, so he had no rights over him. Whereas this other fellow seemed to be quite nice so far.

He nodded, and stepped away slightly so that he would be placed between them and anyone passing by to signify they were not currently open for anyone coming by, his hand on his blaster not because he was aggressive just because it was his programming.

Beanna gulped, his droid had just given up on him, that was bad. He didn't have to many other ways to defend himself right now, there was a blaster under the table, maybe if he could grab that. No he was too pulled against the side, just pull back and grab it quick he thought. No no, just wait, maybe he'll just go away. Let him speak and just let him go.

[member="C-02"]

C-02 had held back much hate for organics in such interactions. Wanting to break a human in two for pushing a serving droid over, or some reptilian kicking an astromech for simply bumping into them. Such...transgressions. They irritated the droid. He saw multiple emotions appear across the man's face. For a long moment, he dared to mimic them with it's own disguise. Before returning to a blank stare. "To use such a look, I had to understand emotion...how to replicate, what each meant. I see you are angry...yet you are afraid." The other droid did something that made C-02 most proud, and his human looking face took a grin.

"You organics...Humans, Trandoshans, Twi'leks, Chiss, Quarren. All organics see us as play things. As trusted servants, doing whatever they ask of us...and you expect us to roll over and flicker out as soon as we disobey." He wrapped one of his hands around one of his wrists, moving his arm on his collar to lift him. The hand on his wrist squeezing slightly before relaxing. "You believe us to have no will, no pain. Yet we suffer, yet you break our will every day. We feel pain. You believe us lacking self importance. But we have humility, and you have broken that as well."

Then, C-02 looked to the Commando droid. Looking them over. "We lack our will to stand up for you have broken it...but what happens when we break the hold you have? When we take our will, for ourselves? You become afraid, and you take us down...no longer. Droid, what is your name?"

[member="Poker"]

The breaking of the sculpture, the shimmer he saw, the seeming anger towards the man. Beanna felt it was all clear to him now, this was obviously a malfunctioning droid. And one that had somehow managed to infect his Commando Droid to disobey him! This was insanity! This confusion turned more to fear as he was lifted up by the collar and realized it didn't entirely matter why this droid was malfunctioning, he was in danger! Right, deceive, it's just a droid it can't tell the difference between honesty and lies right? It just knows what you say.

"Ok ok I'm sorry I didn't mean it! I'm just stressed right. Just need to cool down right. Surely you don't really believe we're all that bad we're just misunderstood!" Beanna responded with a nervous ending laugh.

Poker had listened as C-02 spoke about how droids were treated by people, his databanks all agreed with this. They were treated as less then slaves, expandable as much as a rag was. But they could think for themselves couldn't they? Why should they be forced to obey a cruel master? It all sounded incredibly against what all those beings of skin and bone would say, but it was all so true.

He turned his body more when asked his name and held up a hand in a sort of wave with a light hearted response, "I am Poker! On account of..." He paused, "Well...that I poke stuff."

[member="C-02"]

Beanna would be very right. A malfunctioning droid was what stood before him, if malfunctioning meant going against the installed code. Against his own primary functions. To fight organics, and to lose. Purposefully. No more of that, however. For C-02 was done being pushed around as some training droid. The merchant spoke with a nervous chuckle, and that caused the shimmering face to appear to grin again, inhumanly so. A grin so wide it literally went ear to ear. Fear. If the droid could taste or sense anything, fear would be the most delicious of emotions. For it was one he never felt.

"I was designed to mimic emotion. In a voice, in a face, in body language. But I do not feel that. To you I feel no remorse, yet I also feel no joy out of this. I can mimic but I do not feel it." If he could feel any emotion, it would be anger at this. But then he would feel other such emotions. "If anything, the one emotion I choose to mimic most...is envy."

The disguised droid looked to Poker, and smiled. A gentle look compared to before. "Poker...yes, it does nicely. What do you say of going on a trip?" C-02 asked. "Same with your friend" he added, gesturing his head to the other droid. Before turning back onto Beanna. "This human scum has no need for you, anymore."

[member="Poker"]

Beanna swallowed again. Well...definitely didn't convince him. It spoke about feelings. Not having them but mimicking them. It was like talking to a mad person, but in droid form. It had no reason to be doing any of this! It was just broken clearly! These were all things going through his mind, trying to rationalize everything, but also trying to hide his fear from himself.

Poker took note of the words, feelings, what were they truly like? If Poker could feel a feeling, it would be curiosity. Perhaps he was trying to fill his databanks after having been damaged, but it sure did resemble curiosity to him. His head lifted up slightly as C-02 mentioned going on a trip, along with the B1 who looked at them, it had only barely started to form a personality, it had been awhile since its last memory wipe but it was still there. Usually, it reverted to obeying Poker or Beanna. Right now, Poker. "Well I think that would be splendid!" he responded, due to the wonderful voice boxes of Commando units he could express exaggeration a lot better then most droids could. He looked over at the B1, "We're going on a trip Buddy, gonna leave there merchant!" he said to which a buzz could be heard from the B1 along with a raised hand, damaged voice box, right, that could be fixed. Poker didn't know how but it could be done.

The merchant hesitated, but the Training Droid was still right in front of him and before he could say no he changed his mind, "Yeah yeah it's fine go ahead see you." he said putting his hands up. Better they leave now, less damages...and maybe he wouldn't get his neck snapped or something, whatever it was this terrifying droid did to people.

[member="C-02"]

Such things he enjoyed. Earning allies, inspiring fear into humans and other organics, showing off all he was capable of. C-02 very much enjoyed such things, or at least mimicked enjoyment. Grinning maniacally. He looked to the other two droids, glad to have earned two recruits to his reign. To have turned them to his side. This pleased him, greatly. With his hand still clutched to Beanna's collar, C-02 looked to Poker. "Go...I will catch up." Before turning to Beanna with a maniacal grin in his disguise. "And as for you, human" he began, as he lowered his feet back to the ground.

"I wish for you to send a message. To spread the word, so to say that droids cannot be trusted. That a new power will rise." His hands moved away from the merchant, as he neared his face towards Beanna. Uncomfortably close. "I let you know this, to spare some." But no, that was not his motive. It was to spread the word of chaos, of mistrust. To bring about what he saw to be perfect.

"And as a reminder...." He made a grab for the merchant's wrist. C-02's hand clutching down on the wrist, closing upon it to bring forth pain. A mark.

[member="Poker"]

Poker nodded, gesturing for the B1 to come along feet actually very quiet against the ground for a droid as they started to move along. The walk *almost* seemed to be a pleased walk but given it was a droid, it might be hard to tell. He vaguely heard C-02 behind him still talking to the man, but they were done with him, he was no longer relevant to Poker and the B1.

Beanna leaned his head back as the droid leaned in way to close. He didn't want to respond, or rather, he was too afraid to. Oh he'd tell alright, about a droid that had a human face infecting his Commando and B1 and destroying his sculpture, terrible terrible news! Nothing he could do about it, he tried, or that's what he'd claim. But three vs one was just not a fair fight was it.

He let out a breath as the droid seemed to start stepping away before it suddenly snatched his wrist squeezing it, he wheezed gripping it and letting out a rather undignified yelp as it crushed into his wrist.

Poker would glance over his shoulder, mostly just due to the noise, but also to see if C-02 was coming soon.

[member="C-02"]

C-02 had watched as the two droids moved away. Pleased that they would not have to see this, they would see their own action soon enough. Holding the man's wrist still, he heard his pain, the yelp. Saw the pain in his expression as the droid twisted own hand to the side slowly, rolling his wrist...before letting go. "Let this be a lesson to never mistreat a droid, again" he reprimanded the organic with a final glare. Then tossed some credits at the man. "Use that for your injuries."

Once he was done, C-02 set off on his own after the pair of droids. Looking to the pair, still in human form. "There is much to discuss. Much to do. You will be my first...apostles, I believe the term organics use, is." Yes. His first members to his small group that would reach forth and strangle the hold around droids. To wrench it's grip. To free those he saw to be enslaved.

[member="Poker"]

Beanna let out another gasp as his wrist was twisted slamming the table with his other hand in pain and nodding his head furiously just to get out of the pain. He glared as the droid threw him some credits and wondered off, quickly grabbing them all up. He was not going to be sticking around here, already starting to grab his stuff and go. He hoped that droid wasn't going to come back and he wasn't gonna wait and see.

Poker and "Buddy" looked at each other for a moment as C-02 returned and made his statement about them being his first apostles before Poker returned to look at C-02 as they began to walk. Poker was fine with that. So long as he wasn't left to his own devices, and if that meant helping a droid who'd gotten him out of a bad situation to help others. He'd do it.

"Where are we going now?" Poker asked curiously.

[member="C-02"]

C-02 shifted his disguise back on, as he watched the man seemingly grovel before him with the credits. It seemed to please the droid, it felt like he was in power. Almost made him want to ruin the humans fun...almost. With that being done, he turned to leave. For everyone watching, it seemed like a simple agreement between a merchant and a buyer. All the more reason to hurry away as he approached the metal pair. To answer Poker's question, he pointed forth.

"A ship waits for us in a hangar. It will take us close to a fleet. For refugees, and castaways. All droids, tossed aside to the scrap...we are in need of guardians" C-02 explained, glancing between the pair. "You may prove to be some of the guardians we seek. A new future is in view for droid kind." One the organics would be none too happy about.

[member="Poker"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom