Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Droid-Armor Integrator system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Meta

T
Intent: The Intent of this system, is the integrate the Tactical Advantage of droid algerythms within battle armor, and also for the creative solutions an Artificial Intelligence program can provide with less limitations in thinking ability.
Manufacturer: Project Freelancer once approved
Model: Phase I Droid-Armor Integrator System
Affiliation: Project Freelancer once approved
Modularity: The programing is self-modulating, and the armor it can be applied to varies greatly; name a type of armor and it an probably be applied to it as long as there is power present. Outside Modulation, which does not include either of these is a no.
Production: Minor
Material: Circuitry
Description: In lame man terms, take armor, take a T-series Tactical Droid and slap it on its back. More seriously though, it is essentially a wareable droid, that acts as a tactical advisor in various situations. The droid communicates with the warer via mic system within the helmet, as well as an Avatar within the HUD display. Each Avatar is different in personality depending on the droids degree of experience and specialization. Most come in the variety of probability, though there are more experienced models that are know for advanced creative solutions, in various situations. These situations include but are not limited to, Battle Strategy, Negotiation and Communication, and Engineering solutions.

It is to be noted though, that these A.I. being experimented with (upon Project Freelancers approval) will not be memory wiped totally. Only the most recent data, and stored personality quirks will be kept, in order to allow "personality" to grow, to see if combat effectiveness is improved. In addition, the programs limiting ordinary A.I. are not present within these programs to test if combat effectiveness is improved without boundries. The only exception to this rule being that the A.I. itself cannot be destroyed or stolen, thus by proxy the wearer of the suit. However, it will destroy itself complete via deletion should it be under threat of being stolen by non-identified, members outside of Project Freelancer, whom are identified via a ship in the standardized and experimental suits of the Military. These chips are often on the insignia badge.

It also serves as a black box to a soldiers death.

Stengths:
  • Adds Tactical advantage to the wearer
  • Helps to manage power within a Power armor suit.
  • Auto-aim for soldiers
Weaknesses:
  • In order for the droid brain to be of any use to the wearer, it must be powered, and thus requires a small power cell just for the brain componants. The powering for the suit itself will vary depending upon what suit it is integrated into.
Tolerance's
  • It's armored external plating has a heat tolerance of 300 degrees celsius
  • It can handle most concussive forces when protected by exterior armor plating.
  • It's electrical protection is weak comparatively to arsenals such as E.M.P.'s and Sith lightning.

Classification: Fourth Degree, or Fifth Degree depending on the situation. In some cases in addition to the Fourth Degree it also includes the Second degree, though neither the 2nd degree or the 5th degree present at the same time.
Weight: 5 kilograms
Height: Height of the Armor integrated.
Movement: Bipedal/stationary
Armaments: Whatever is on the armor it is integrated into.
Misc. Equipment: Whatever sensors are provided via armor.

The Meta

T
It is a pending/work in progress until Project Freelancer is a faction. If it turns out that it will not become a Faction than I shall turns this App into Unique production for the Meta to use within his upcoming suit.

The Meta

T
I also wanted it to be graded just so I know where I'm at with this thanks, I forgot to add that.

The Meta

T
I thought I was fairly clear in all it is a droid strapped to your back. If you're back back explodes no "Cortana". It isn't a small chip you store in your helmet and makes a sparsly clothed hologram of a blue chick, just a voice in your ear. It's an advanced HUD, essentially, for the terminology of existing technology.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ahh, I see. In that case, I'd suggest upping the weight. 0.5-1kg seems quite small for a full tactical droid brain. If all you're doing is strapping a droid brain to your armor's backplate, that's a good fit with Star Wars.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Personally, my rule of thumb is that Star Wars is rather heavily based on World War Two. To get anything done, gear needs to be a bit clunky. I'm not saying you need a thirty-pound field radio on your back, but up the weight a bit.
Oh, and I'd also like to see some assessment of weaknesses. How is this powered? How vulnerable is it to things like shock and electromagnetic pulse?

The Meta

T
Okay. It seems that with my tech submissions that is my greatest weakness in the creative catagory. I only go into how it works and its purpose and forget about everything else. I'll just add a Stengths and weaknesses section to all my submissions from now on so I don't forget.

The Meta

T
Could you give me list of potentially damaging scenarios so I can generate a broader spectrum of weaknesses?

Otherwise that skimpy list is all I have and I'd say grade it fully.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Potential damage?
Falling from a great height or getting bashed into things.
Exposure to radiation, fire, shockwave, EMP.
Force Lightning would be a big one, IMO.
How durable is the pack when it comes to blasterfire? Shotgun blasts? Grenades?

The Meta

T
I think this is possibly done. However though, project Freelancer isn't a faction yet, so I'm going to wait two weeks to see if it suceeds and gaining the last member required for factionhood. If it isn't accepted by then I'll donate this technological piece to Baktoid Industry's to be sold in any way the owner sees fit.

I have a hard time understanding how this only weighs 5 kilograms. If this is a suit made of metal, it's going to weigh more than that, no ifs, ands, or buts. As well, I have a hard time understanding how someone is supposed to survive in a suit after hitting the ground at terminal velocity, which in this case would be achieved from a fall under 600 meters. There is no mention of breaking thrusters, or any sort of cushion factor that would speak to me for how the operator is supposed to survive. The suit might be fine, but the person inside would be reduced to pudding.

The Meta

T
Ashin Varanin said:
I was about to approve this, but...falling from half a mile up? Not terribly realistic tolerances here. Tweak them and I'll approve.
I'm not good with tolerance's. I'll work on that.

Ayden Cater said:
I have a hard time understanding how this only weighs 5 kilograms.
It's intended to only be weighing the droid brain, however

Ayden Cater said:
As well, since it does look like this thing is going to be used as armor as well as having the droid brain, it'll need the Armor template applied.
I'll add that to it as well. And....
Ayden Cater said:
As well, I have a hard time understanding how someone is supposed to survive in a suit after hitting the ground at terminal velocity, which in this case would be achieved from a fall under 600 meters. There is no mention of breaking thrusters, or any sort of cushion factor that would speak to me for how the operator is supposed to survive. The suit might be fine, but the person inside would be reduced to pudding.
Again, I'll work on that, as I am terrible with tolerance's technologically.

Generally speaking, the human body is only able to withstand a fairly finite amount of pressure and G-forces before things just give. Easiest way around this would be thrusters to break the fall, since anything approaching adequate padding would be very, very bulky.

The Meta

T
I have a question. Do you need exact numbers for the tolerance's or just general terms?

Also, is the armor template nessissary? If I will you can archive The Meta's Armor as I'll just use this Application instead.

I'm going to repeat that just incase, DON'T ARCHIVE THIS, ARCHIVE THE META'S POWER ARMOR. That is, if the armor template is nessissary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom