Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drinking and Dying

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
A standard Corellian model YV-545 freighter sliced through the atmosphere of Naboo, incoming from Malastare on impending arrival to its passengers' destination. The scorched silver hull gleamed in the cheery sunlight of the temperate world's skies, a magnificent sight to behold from the grassy meadows below. It was like a shimmering dove from the heavens reflecting all that was good about the galaxy, stabilization mandibles like asymmetrical avian wings from a far distance.

The girls aboard the vessel were hardly of the saintly variety, however--especially Bronwyn, who sat in the back cockpit seat with arms folded against her chest sullenly. Sure, she could deal with adventure, but flying was not something she particularly felt comfortable about. Sure, there was indeed something a bit magical about lifting off from ground and being one among the clouds. But journeys through space could never end fast enough. The wonderment of seeing the unfiltered heavens was incredible in itself, but Bronwyn did not like the idea that one thing could go wrong, and they would forever be lost to the stars. Drifting through nothing was just too similar to her own spirit. It was chilling to the imagination.

"Finally, this is over," the elder sister mumbled, her scornful gaze eying the familiar territory of her homeworld. Soon she would be on the sweet ground.

Their port-of-call was situated on a shore town, which meant the Lightfire Dreamer would be crossing over the ocean before it arrived at the landing zone. A crystalline ocean, full of glamorous and also massive and dangerous creatures. Bronwyn had never seen any of the fabled mammoth fish of prey herself, but they were down there--somewhere.

Only a few kilometers off the coast, the freighter suddenly lurched, its tail no longer aglow with the fire of thrusters, but smoking. "What was that?" the girl demanded as the ship began to keel and angle towards the waves below. Her breath was understandably quick and unrelaxed.

"Emergency landing!" the pilot shouted over the comms, momentarily ignoring Bronwyn's inquiry. "Booster's out! The heck did they do back at Silver Station?"

But now was no time for chatter. "We're going to die, aren't we?!" She reached forward shook the pilot's shoulder violently, annoyed that he would not answer her directly. "You're going to kill us!"

The man slapped her across the face, throwing her back into her seat. "Shut up, banshee! I'm bringing us in as best I can."

The girl leapt from her seat and plunged out of the cockpit as the floor began to slip out from under her with the falling craft's declining angle. "Zannah!"

[member="Zannah Pehluos-Quel"]

Contrary to Bronwyn's hatred of flight, Zannah was completely enthralled by it. Not only would one who flies be doing so faster than the the creatures that naturally took flight, it was also very symbolic of life for her. Every flies by so fast. One moment you see the clouds and the sky, the next is everything but, a blackness filled with only the most subtle of specks of light. Really, she enjoyed flying because overtime she looked out the window, it reminded her about how much she need to enjoy things in the moment before they're gone. To enjoy her sister, her life, and as much as she may have disliked him, her father. What she had.

Zannah sat in the "passenger" bay of the freighter, as that's what it seemed to be repurposed for, staring out the window as she always did on flights like this one. Her eyes were fixated upon the shinning sea below her, and all she could think about was just how majestic the sea was; how anything could be that majestic was mesmerising, and far beyond her.

Though entranced, Zannah made a conscious effort to listen for Bronwyn, in case of there being any chance Zannah might be the one where Bronwyn's next sentence is directed. Zannah nearly laughed at the first couple words Bronwyn said the entirety of the flight, managing only to keep to a playful snicker and a huge grin. She turned, planning to say something snarky in return, as that would be her role as Bronwyn's sister, but the slight jerk and view of blackish smoke from her peripherals stole her attention before she had the chance.

Next thing she knew, the Lightfire Dreamer was on a collision course for the body of water she was just admiring, and her sister was shouting for her as her floor fell from underneath her. In then instant she had, Zannah jumped out of her seat and dived for Bronwyn, catching the end of the doorway to the cockpit and Bronwyn's hand, doing her best to quickly lift Bronwyn up to the small ledge —as that's what it seems to be repurposed for— and grimaced.

"I've got you!"

[member="Bronwyn Pehluos"]

Beowoof

Bronwyn's fingers clasped around the digits of Zannah as the floor continued to incline steeper and steeper with the ship's dive, her body being slung around the partition and into that of her sister. This ship was not constructed to glide by any means, and apparently the repulsorlift system had been damaged with the engines. As the seconds drew by with increasing slowness, it seemed like Lightfire Dreamer would be smashing headfirst into the deep, blue, watery casket below.

Having been drawn out of the cockpit pod, Bronwyn embraced her sister to keep balance and stepped back towards the forward wall of the cargo vessel to brace for impact. It was going to be a rough one, and if there was one fateful action left for her in this life, she wanted it to be her protecting her little sister. Her body would be the one to strike against the wall or ceiling. And her body would by the first to sink to the depths of Naboo's ocean. Hopefully Zannah would be able to forsake her elder sister's body and just swim to rescue--if the ship did not simply plummet to the shrouded floor of the sea. With then angle at which they were dropping, Bronwyn was not sure the ship would not just slice itself underneath the waves without so much as a shudder.

"Don't wait for me and don't cry. Promise me."

The entire transport buckled and shivered a moment later, apparently having recovered part of its repulsor power. The slope of its descent rapidly decreased, but it would not be enough to prevent the crash. At least the impact would probably not instantly kill Bronwyn if they entered the water on this trajectory.

She kissed the back of Zannah's head and shut her eyes.

In an instant, time felt like it came to a halt as Bronwyn embraced Zannah. Having drawn Bronwyn out of the cockpit pod was one things, and that one thing saved Zannah the extra gasp and beats of her heart, but after Bronwyn embraced her, any feeling of relief became sorrow. She knew what was coming next. She did want to admit it, but as of right now, if Bronwyn left her, she wouldn't have the will left over to hold her own till help arrived. She didn't want to tell her, but if Bronwyn died on impact to the once beautiful ocean below, Zannah would be going down with her, never letting go of her beloved sister.

"I won't make you a promise I can't keep..."

Zannah wanted to reminisce. This, for all she knew, could be the last time that she would ever be with her sister physically. She wanted to think of all the good times that she had, she wanted to remember all the love that she felt and the times that they shared.

But nothing came to mind. Her mind was blank, wiped clean by the mesmerising waves of the ocean and the impending doom that it promised to deliver to the two sisters... and the only thing that Zannah could do was cry.

"Especially one that I'd break not moments after you ask."

When —at least part of— the Lightfire Dreamer sputter back to life, there was no relief that Zannah felt, but rather, as time seemed to return to normal for her, it felt like an opportunity was presented to her.

Yet still, as Bronwyn kissed the back of her head, sorrow got the better of her.

Beowoof

Spaceships were made to withstand the pressure and lack of environment of outer space, so sinking into the water was not to be the concern. No, Lightfire Dreamer would be fine if it were simply set adrift in the water. The danger was not in the hull's ability to retain anything should they fall into the ocean. The danger was on impact--smashing into deep blue waves and possibly tearing the ship apart to allow the entirety of the sea to rush in and drown its passengers and cargo and sink it to the murky depths like an ancient man-o-war.

Bronwyn hugged her sister tighter as the younger teen began to cry, and she did her best to blink back her own tears so Zannah would not notice. They only had a few more seconds. Bronwyn could sense it. "Don't wait for me. Find your way out. I'll see you there." Whether that was an empty promise or not, she did not know. But whatever would help Zannah find safety was all that mattered. She would lie and murder and skewer someone if she had to in order to save her sister. She had already lost her mother. She was not going to live without Zannah.

Her eyes remained closed as the Corellian vessel smacked against the water's surface, lurching violently and knocking Bronwyn's head into the ceiling as the trusty freighter skipped like a stone atop the choppy wake. Her eyes dimmed and nearly rolled back into her skull as consciousness faded, but she could still faintly comprehend her surroundings. She had lost her hold on Zannah, but at least protected her sister from suffering the same injury. Where was the girl, though? It was hard to tell in this twilight between wakefulness and slumber.

Another heavy concussion rocked the ship as it splashed into the water again, and Bronwyn lost all contact with the physical world as she blacked out on the durasteel decking. Zannah, call for Father.

Time, as it did before, had this habit of prolonging the inevitable, and the longer that this prolonging prolonged, Zannah's heart sank. It started first again with the kiss on the back of her head, then more with Bronwyn's painfully caring words, more with her own thoughts on the matter, and finally, the impact on the water.

Zannah's head was racing with so many different thoughts that she couldn't even pinpoint the ones that were necessary. as the Lightfire Dreamer struck the water, time flowed again, and with it, Zannah's thoughts as her body lurched out of her sister's embrace and into the nearest wall, head first, before she had the chance to snap Bronwyn out of her silly talk, silly talk that Zannah could not respect, as righteous as it was, because Bronwyn had already given up. Zannah held her head for a moment before the second lurch came around, and as the ship skipped she struck the side of the ship once more, her shoulder bumping into the side and forcing her to the ground. The ship finally began to sink, and as it did, Zannah saw the state her sister was in, and the flood gates of her mind open once more, this time with time to process them.

"Bronnie... Bronnie, wake up," Zannah cried, nearly delusional in her pleas. "I know you're not gone yet... I can feel you still her with me... wake up. Please wake up. You don't – you shouldn't – I want you to stay here, with me. Because with you..." Zannah's eyes were filled to the brim with tears, and the floor beneath her was damp with those that failed to be contained as she looked upon her sister with thoughts of disbelief and grief. "... There's no reason for me to go on without you."

Zannah sat in the corner next to her sister, waiting for her to get up. With every waking thought, the ship sank deeper and deeper

Why? Why now? What does the world have to prove?

Zannah's tears eventually stopped, and as her laboured breathing began to return to normal, she stood and began to pace the durasteel flooring of the freighter, thinking to herself, looking for the answer to her own question. She did this for several minutes, gauging all of the possibilities, probabilities, to the best of her ability, and as she came to the only conclusion she could find, Zannah bit her bottom lip and cried out and struck the window of the ship.

Her emotions exasperated, she stuck it again and again and again, and leaning on the wall, she cried out, "Damn you! Damn you and your vaping Sith! Sithspit! Damn negligent father!

Beowoof

There was not much to say. She was on an island somewhere, all alone--save the pair of bodies strewn along the shore. Zannah. Mother. The dark blue sea lapped at the dark grains of her private beach as she sat on the watery ground. Her skirt was soiled, her rump sinking into the saturated sands as she stared towards the blinding skies ahead.

The Force was not with her. She could feel it, sure, but it was of no use. No amount of power could save her in this marooned state. She was trapped here and bound to die on her own. Just as her mother and sister before her, apparently. "Father!" she cried over the rush of the waves. There was nothing else she could think to do. "I hate you, Father! You leave us alone to die! You let Mother die, and now I lose Zannah. You coward. You can't even step up to train me yourself. You just toss me around and hope I live. What good has that done so far for you, you bastard? I've lost everything I love."

A cool breeze blew over her and she looked aside as her sister's locks fluttered and revealed the dead eyes of her corpse. "You don't love me. And I don't love you. I hate you. I hate you!"

--

Bronwyn's body stirred and her eyes flickered open, arms extended across the shiny decking of the YV-545 freighter. Lightfire Dreamer. Well, who was the dreamer now? Zannah was still alive. Somewhere. She could still feel that life; hear that voice--very shrill as the screams and curses echoed from the cockpit. "I can still hear you, Sis," she called as she tried to stand up, bracing her weight against the bulging interior of the battered hull. "Why are you still here?"

Zannah's head spun as she sprung to her feet and looked at her once deadly silent sister. At first, her eyes relished the sight of her sister and grew relaxed, but in mere moments they sparked into flames as her mind processed the words that left her sisters mouth. Almost carelessly, it seemed. Her face grew rouge, turned violently as if to walk away from the question and diffuse the tension, but jerked back as her rage was expressed through violent motions of her hands.

"Why am I still here? Why am I still here!? Damn it Bronnie, I'd be more concerned with what the hell you were thinking! What the hell were you thinking!?" Zannah paced back and forth a few times before turning back to her sister, her rage still fuming as she looked down and punched the side of the hull once more. "You can't just tell me to leave like its some kind of joke, damn it," she said, looking at her sister once more, having said that and calmed down somewhat. "The last place I want you to be is the bottom of some damn ocean we aren't going to see often, dead or alive sis. You had me worried you did."

Zannah sat down next to her beloved sister and held her close. "Don't pull that kind of chit with me. I would never leave you just because you asked me to... for my own good or not. You and I, together forever, for better or worse. You hear me?"

Beowoof

The words pinballed about Bronwyn's currently fragile skull as her sister embarked on a tirade about being overly protective or even selfless. Really, Brownyn hardly had the energy to take in all this silly talk. It just echoed inside her buzzing brain like radio interference while she stumbled to her knees in the process of reorienting herself. Hush.

While her hearing was still mentally obstructed, her visual comprehension was certainly at a peak. Every detail she noticed for a blink of an eye before something else caught her attention. Everything was crystal-clear to her eyes, and yet her reception was overloaded; overwhelmed. Focus. She saw the body language of her sister, motion quite dominant in what she could consistently track. Back and forth. Back and forth. Zannah was exhibiting exasperation. It was catching. "Shut up!" Bronwyn commanded, a transcendental atmosphere of fury wrapping around her mind.

Why the anger? Zannah was here. That was all that mattered. Bronnie. People only called her that with endearment, and she felt absolutely lost in the world with this confusion. There was wrath stirring in her heart but only love near her--evident as physically as an embrace with her sister taking to her side and holding her up. She latched onto the other girl's neck and wiped her mussed hair away from their faces.

"I'm seeing everything, Zannah," she whispered, voice quivering as her eyes shook and flitted about the confines of the ship. Everyone else was dead--the pilot; the captain; the mechanic. Or was he? "Make it stop."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom