Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Drinking a secret

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

smalldivdark.png

UqfwXsl.png

enclavediv6.png
It had been almost a week since since Tayl's latest surgery, augmenting the poor girl with synthskin and many new cybernetics. With her survival no longer in question, it was now a time to reflect and then consider the future. A future that seemed to include the young Jedi Knight, Iris Arani Iris Arani .

They began as enemies. Not by choice and certainly in mindset, but merely circumstance. So much had changed in the little time that has past since then. Iris would go on to fight beside Tayl and her family in the battle that would see mother and daughter reunited after so many miserable years. A battle that did not leave the young Mandalorian unscathed, and in fact, left her more humbled and broken than ever before.

Iris had stayed by her side, even when she was too broken to take notice. She'd cared for Tayl in her darkest hours, and been the first face she saw when opening her eyes. Even then, she did what she could to further that care.

Tayl was grateful. More so than she ever thought she would be to a Jedi. Though alien to her zealous mind, it had fundamentally changed her outlook on the Galaxy and the very Force itself.

That was why she left Iris a message, asking her to come to the recreational garden aboard
The Recluse.

She sat atop a large and flat rock near the center, flowing water running along the edge of this artificial and grassy island, circulated and filtered through various systems hidden beneath the small wooden bridges that connected the artificial land to the rest of the room. It even had little fish in the pond, and gnarled trees.

Beside her, safely atop the rock where nothing could be burned, a little heating tray had been placed alongside wooden platters and little cups. On top, lay a single little tea pot full of
Cassius Tea that was done whistling, instead brought to a low boil.

It was the first time in awhile that she had her helmet removed for an Aruetii, which sat beside her on the rock. Her now lavender face, smoothed over by many bacta treatments and synthskin, was now out in the artificial sunlight for Iris to see whenever she arrived.

Even the armored lekku sleeves and gloves had been set aside, revealing the strange black gradients at the tips and along her fingers. It was as if the Dark Side had drained a portion of her life force there, even after the much more organic skin grafts that were cloned from her own genetic code.

scars are runes carved in stone. A bold message to this cruel galaxy that proudly proclaims; "I Survived"

It were these words that she dwelled on the most. A statement she genuinely meant back then, and wished to own up to now. She knew the organic skin grafts in those few places wouldn't heal the same. She wanted the marks to last. A warning to anyone who dared consider adding new ones; I am a survivor. And I will still be a survivor long after you are dust in a tomb... But it was also a reminder to herself of where she had been. That she couldn't be caught off guard by her own hubris like that ever again.

She just never imagined it'd look like this.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"A Mandalorian out of their armor. I don't know a lot about your culture, but that seems rather special, isn't it?"

Iris took a seat beside her, looking out over the garden. Peace. That was what most plant life brought her. No stains in the colors of human emotion or the primal intentions of beasts. Just life, pure and simple. She closed her eyes, let her mind soak in that peace for the moment. Just for a little bit, anyway. Shortly after her eyes opened, looking over towards the Twi'lek. She'd healed well, all things considered. The scars would always remain, but here she was, drinking tea.

"How are you feeling, Tayl?"

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

smalldivdark.png
She just smiled and shook her head at Iris, revealing many new blade-like teeth that had been hiding behind those purple lips. Well, save maybe the two front teeth and rearmost mullers of course. Ever her nails had been replaced with tiny little claws that cut through the air as she waved her friend off.

"I guess it is. For children of the watch, at least"

. . .
"So is sharing tea with Jedi"

Once Iris had taken a moment to get comfortable, she would remove the pot from it's heating tray after watching the little flames fade, and then the steam waft through the air while she poured both their drinks.

"How are you feeling, Tayl?"

"Not just going to read my mind again?" She stifled a chuckle while handing Iris a cup, and then took the smallest sip from her own.

"Better. A little. I don't look like a piece of Kingsley's fried chicken anymore, so"
There was of course a little regret in the colors floating around her still. But, physically at least, she was back to being herself. And maybe even better, thanks to the extensive bionics.

"And of course, I get to spend time with the family now. and... with you"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I don't actually read minds, you know. Just emotion." Though it kinda felt like she was reading minds, sometimes. Looking back, it was just a lot of her being correct in her guesses. Mostly. Crazy to think about how much she was, though. Almost like she was reading people's minds. The Force was complicated. She took up the tea, gently sipping at it for a second. Hummed.

"I'm glad you're able to spend time with your family. I know you've been wanting to for a long time. At least, that's how you seemed to feel. .. How's rehabilitation? The skin grafts? Do you still feel any lingering pain?"

Ever the doctor Iris was already looking through a mental list of the very problems and complications she had to deal with.

smalldivdark.png
She just sort of furrowed her brow and tilted her head in thought. Well, She didn't really have a brow to furrow, seeing as Twi'lek had no body hair. It was more like she furrowed the particular patch of flesh that had been tattooed to look like a brow.

"Hm... Always so concerned for me, even still"

Iris had proven herself a better friend than Tayl initially gave her credit for, time and time again. And in such short notice, too. It was the kind of thing that reminded her of Viper Team, or maybe even stories about Aloy and Tan'yill before they were married. The kind of bonds that would normally take a lifetime to form, and yet Iris had already done the same if not more since they met.

"Anyway, I'd say it's going well? Only thing that really hurts now is my pride" She stifled a chuckle, gazing into the pond beside them.

"I should have trusted you back there. in your training, maybe. Or maybe... Myself? I had a good feeling about you from pretty early on. Still do..."

There was only an anxious glance spared to Iris; With a single vibrant green eye, acting as a window into the thoughts behind them. Searching for the right words as much as a reaction.

"You saved my life, Iris... That's a pretty big thing, where I come from"

"So..."
Her glance is thrown back at the pond "I want to... spent more... time... with you? did give you my word that I'd go play detective with you,"

Now her blackened hands were clasped together, pointing idly at nothing in particular as she anxiously rubbed at her skin with one stray finger "Although~ Mother does have plans to set up on Tatooine if you'd rather get into trouble there first"

She smiled a little then, glancing back at Iris with a hopeful expression and a playful glint about her
"Either way I'd... Like to keep you around, A little more? I... kinda like you, Iris"

ByTheMandaWhyIsItSoHardToSpeakRightNow?

<Please tell me you're joking and that you really can read my mind... Holy chit it would make this so much easier!>

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh. Oohh. That's what the colors meant. Iris smiled, just a little, before shaking her head. "I want to help everywhere I can, but if I keep spreading myself thin I'm not going to get anything done. Denon, the wars. Coruscant. I can't help enough there as it is." The Jedi kept a pretty calm smile on her face as she looked back out to the garden around them. Thought, just for a moment in silence.

"I save a lot of people, Tayl. It's what I'm supposed to do as a Jedi. .. If you're going to base these feelings off of that, I can't return them."

smalldivdark.png

. . .

She just held a stare for a time, her face returning to it's typical state of neutrality that was often reserved for aruetiise. It wasn't even that she was hiding her expression this time, but that she genuinely didn't know to feel now.

But her chest sure did...

It was as if a security droid at had punched her in the stomach. Without her armor.

Eventually she'd turn her gaze back over the pond, sighing in thought.
"I don't know what they're based off... I don't even- I don't even know what these feelings mean. It's not something they prepared us for on..."

"On Kamino, I..."

Oh, right. she'd never actually told Iris about this. That she wasn't even a real person. <Why does this have to be so complicated?>
And how the hell did she expect this to go any other way...? Iris hardly knew her, at the end of the day. And she hardly knew Iris. She hardly knew anything. About... Everything! <This was supposed to be a good day. Our day. Why does it feel like I just ruined it?>

"Look- I- All I know is that whatever happens- I don't want to just watch you board a shuttle and that be the end of it"

"And there's more to you than just being some- savior in a bath robe- whatever"
She huffed, crossing her arms
"You mean... more than that... to me."

"You're always so calm... so... thoughtful. You're one of the few Aruetiise that I've... come to respect. I think you might be one of the only people I've ever met that a has a chance of understanding me. Or for me to understand. We both have our scars, Iris. Ones we can see, and ones we can't"

Her tea idly sloshed with each little gesture, almost random movements meant to emphasize various points. A lie in it's own right, to Tayl really. A way to pretend that she had a single cohesive line of thought right now, that anything made sense these days. It was the first time that chip had failed it's purpose to keep her focused, and she hadn't the feintest idea what to make of it all now.

"I don't... care what that feeling is or what it's based on. I don't care what we even are, so long as it's not... separated"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris reached a hand out, gently setting it atop Tayl's own. Just to calm her down. Stop her from the rambling she'd been going so deep into. She understood, just from the colors alone. "Don't rush into it. Into anything. At least with me. .. I'm still trying to figure out my own life too, you know. .. I don't want to be the only reason someone is happy. Ever again." She pulled her hand away at that, turning her gaze back to her tea as she took another sip.

"The tea is really good."

smalldivdark.png
She froze up at the Jedi's touch, apologetically glancing through the corner of her eye. The rambling had stopped for now, allowing Tayl to simply wait and listen.

But those words were of little comfort by comparison. She still didn't know her own feelings on the matter, but she didn't like them all the same. Like losing something special you never knew you had in the first place.
It doesn't make any sense.

"The tea is really good."

"Thanks..." she said, sipping her own for a moment "I... made it myself. Cassius, good for health. Old family recipe"

She went back to just staring at the pond for a time. Breathing in the cool, albeit recycled air with a slight sigh. She could take the hint when someone wanted to change the topic. And in all honesty she... Didn't want to talk about it anymore either, despite the feeling of dread and importance in her gut right now. At least the warm tea was soothing.

"I'm... happy, here. With my family. Mother is teaching me to play the Bes'nynir... I think it's the first time I've really... talked to her about something other than blasters"

"
So... when are we heading back to Denon?" She spared the Jedi another sidelong glance, returning to a more 'business-like' state
"I know what I said... but... maybe it's time I tried helping people too...? I've just been some gunslinger since..."

"I want to be my own person... See things... Experience things other than whatever level 1313 was. Better people...?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Technically I've been on and off Denon for a while now. While you were healing. Not much of a change there. The DireX are pretty tight knit and closed mouthed. Legally, I don't think there's much I can do without the senate backing. Rumor is though there's going to be an assembly soon to address that. Moment that comes in? Hopefully more free investigation will be encouraged."

Politics. She hated them, but for the sake of the Alliance she fought to protect, they were needed. So long as Senators like Alicio Organa Alicio Organa existed, anyway.

"Otherwise it's war. Against the Sith. Against the Empire. Even the Hutts these days. So much war, everywhere."

smalldivdark.png
Tayl turned to Iris again, carefully observing her friend and considering the situation. The Jedi had this aura around her. Maybe not a look per se, or it was just subtle. But Tayl had seen that same aura before. Aloy always looked like that when talking about politics and war back home... The woman was war-weary, anyone could see that.

"Iris..." She placed her hand atop her friend's now. It was her turn. "War is no place for a Jedi... For anyone. Not for that long"

"So... come with me. To Tatooine. Mother is resigning from the clans, building a home for us there. A place no Empire or even Mandalorian can tell us what to do and who to fight"

Such a strange and dusty little world. But Tatooine's strength was it's remoteness. They could build anything there. Be anyone they wanted to be.

"You need a break. So do I. So let's just take one! It doesn't have to be permanent, maybe just until that assembly? We can... brew more tea? Maybe some cultural exchange, even? Always was interested in saber forms... Or, Paint the new house! Just some time to relax. Calm before the storm, as it were" She smiled, hopeful that she could in some small way at least.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I.. I can't." She'd hesitated to answer, at first. But there was no change to it. She shook her head, smiled sadly as she sipped at her drink. "I'm not alone. My family, the Jedi. We fight every day. I can't abandon them, not with everything going on. Taking a break like this? I can do that. But I can't leave them, not for long. Not to let them fight alone."

smalldivdark.png
. . .

. . .

There was a long pause as she took another sip of tea. much longer this time. Followed by an equally long, shaky sigh.

"It... It doesn't have to be for long. I dunno, just..."

"When you say it like that? You sound so... broken" She threw another glance at her friend, finishing off the tea and setting her little cup aside. "I'm not saying you need someone to... fix you, or whatever. But... I'd still like to be there for you, If I can? If... you'll let me"

"Maybe I was being selfish before."

The pond earns another empty stare as Tayl brings her knees in close, just sort of huddled there while the colors around her start to darken.

"When we first met... I just wanted mother back. So we could settle down and... be a family again. I wanted revenge, and then I wanted to just... disappear. crawl into a bottle and sleep... At first, you were just... easy credits. A means to an end. Then things changed, you offered to help... became almost a tool. A Weapon, like... like me...?"

"But over time, you. You grew on me, ya know? You reminded me that, even if it's... hard. People can still make a difference. That it doesn't have to be just... Stacking bodies. Sure I always made sure never to hurt "the little people", But you were the first one to really make me think about them, ya know?"

With another, shorter sigh, and soft groan, she stands and places a hand on Iris' shoulder for just a moment "Just... don't spread yourself too thin, Okay?"

Then she begins to collect some of her things, starting with the gloves "It's... wrong of me to make you think about someone else right now, Isn't it...? All this time, and I never stopped to consider; You need to think of yourself sometimes. And this rare moment of quiet , it might be the best time to start..."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I'm not broken. Tired, maybe. But I'm actually in a good place, for once." After everything she'd been through, at least. A clear head, no more nightmares. For once, just relaxed. The tea helped, a lot. She took another sip, listening in some silence before just smiling. Not the warm smile like before where she took the stance of a Jedi. A genuine, almost embarrassed kind of smile.

She reached up, gently touching Tayl's hand. Just for a moment.

"I save a lot of people, Tayl. It's what I do, as a Jedi. and I know how helpless you can feel after you got hurt like that. After I was thrown from a train it was a friend who saved me. Not from the train, but from that helpless feeling. .. Think about what you feel. When the trauma's not so fresh in your mind, I do want to talk about this again. Erm.." She frowned. Glanced off. Pulled her hand away to scratch her cheek.

"Us, I guess? .. Just- You should find yourself before you try to take anyone else on, y'know?"

smalldivdark.png
She looked up at Iris, taking her hand in kind. Hesitantly at first, but gently squeezing. That smiled too had earned one in return, every bit as awkward, and just a little bitter-sweet.
Think about what you feel. When the trauma's not so fresh in your mind, I do want to talk about this again. Erm.."

"Mmm..." she tilts her head for just a moment, blinking. Every bit as unsure how to feel as Iris right now. Perhaps even more so, being the blank slate that she was.

"Us, I guess? .. Just- You should find yourself before you try to take anyone else on, y'know?"

Us. It seemed like such a strange word all the sudden. A word with so many possibilities like never before, clouded at the very edge with uncertainties. Variables.

She'd spent her entire, albeit short, life calculating and preparing for variables. Always a plan B and C in place for every step taken and every word spoken. And today? nothing.

Admittedly though, she could be content with that answer for now. The possibilities were still present in that statement, both the ones she never wanted, and the ones she could be happy with.

"I'm... trying, you know. It's just hard when you've been molded into someone else's vision for so long"
She turned away for just a moment, wiping away some stray dust from the helmet she had just picked up and looking at her reflection in it's empty visor. Maybe Iris was right... Maybe it was time to think about who was really behind the mask she wore.

"Hey," And then she smiled over her shoulder "Just... don't have too much fun without me, okay?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Can't say I get it, but I can tell it's hard." Iris wasn't a person when she joined the Jedi. Every day had been a day of self discovery. Learning who she was outside the colors. No one made her who she was, they just helped her open her eyes to the choices. Not that she knew who she was in the slightest. There was so much more to figure out. Like how to deal with other people.

And this. Whatever this was.

"I'll try. No promises, though. I like my fun, when I can have it anyway." She flashed a smile. Nodded her head. "You be sure to take it easy. You're still recovering. Understood?"

smalldivdark.png
I like my fun, when I can have it anyway."

"Hahh!" she threw her head back in laughter, just shaking her head before slipping back into her helmet. No, she didn't like the young woman just because Coruscant. The Jedi's humor was often endearing when it crept up, and it never had the infamous "Jedi Arrogance" that her mother had warned her to look out for.
"You be sure to take it easy. You're still recovering. Understood?"

Mostly, anyway.

"Yeah, yeah! Doctor's orders and all that" Tayl stifled a chuckle while giving the Jedi a simple little finger salute as she walked away. Admittedly feeling a little better about this whole thing than she had a minute ago. Iris always did have that affect on her.

"Just call me when I can make good on my promise, yeah? And enjoy the tea"
She had left the Jedi with a small pot of it after all.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I will. Once I figure out where to even start."

Iris flashed one last little smile before turning her gaze back to the garden around her. And just sat in silence, enjoying both that and the tea. It really was rare for her to enjoy a moment like this. She sighed after a moment though, glancing to the kettle.

"I never said I wanted to be alone, though." Ah well. She shrugged it off. At least it was peaceful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom