Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drifters

Lord Eclipsion often took breaks from the strain of the chaotic galaxy. She often traveled to forgotten and desolate worlds, places that the rest of the civilization couldn't find her. Today, she had come to Baros, a barren and arid planet that was inhabited by the hardy and tough Brubb species. However, her peaceful relaxation was interrupted by some sort of presence she sensed nearby. The Chiss was intrigued by the fact that said presence was neither light or dark, but merely gray. Eclipsion put away her lightsaber and slowly began approaching the being.

The only sight for miles was the dry expanse of the unpopulated plains, with the occasional farm appearing on the distant horizon. No wonder nobody visited this planet, it truly was a useless world with nothing useful for any faction or government. The rhythmic crunch of her feet against dead grass was the only sounds Eclipsion heard in the great expanse of the cold plains. As she got closer, she decided to try and contact the mysterious person. "Hello? Is anybody out there?"

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Quiet. Peace. Calm. For one born to the dance of saber and blade, the rattle of combat, it was hardly something he got often in life, but something he desperately needed. For some, a few moments of tranquility, a moment of inward looking was enough to balance their ledger in the black. But Julius' had more than enough red... Some days it felt like he waded in rivers of blood, with the deaths he had caused or failed to prevent. So long he had fought to become such that he would be a shield for those who could not stand on their own, and that illusion was easily ripped from him. There were few jedi or sith who could likely stand against him saber to saber, but he was unbalanced, honed on just one edge, the other side dull and misused.

So he had came to this planet, seeking time inward to deepen his connection to the Force, to perhaps be shown a glimpse of his future and what he was to do or become. As he sat, floating a few inches from the ground in deep concentration, he heard a voice speak out suddenly. So deep was he in his own twisted mind and memories he had not felt or registered another.

"Hello? Is anybody out there?"

Standing to, with a click as he half jumped to land, Julius' saber flew into his hand with a flick, held in a readied low guard as he narrowed his mind back to the present, feeding all thought and emotion into a singular point, becoming intensely at one with all around him, and yet achingly separate from it, an act of deliberate denial that sharpened the senses to inhuman levels. In combat, this state was particularly deadly.

"Who goes?"

The words grated, harsh from days of not speaking or drinking, and his eyes flicked about.

[member="Lord Eclipsion"]

Dust devils swirled around Eclipsion, as she quickly grabbed her lightsaber off her belt. She quickly tried to size up her opponent, only to allow her arm to go limp. While the Knight had placed himself in a rather dangerous and offensive stance which would be very effective in combat, the man looked like he was in terrible shape. Rings of pink flesh circled his eyes, as tired, sunburnt skin was covered in dust, sand and dirt. His voice was raspy and was noticeably hoarse, like he hadn't had a drink in weeks.

"Well, this wouldn't exactly be a fair fight. Are you alright...Jedi, I'm assuming?" The Chiss carefully asked, trying not to provoke Julius.

Julius shook his head in a negative response, though to what part of the question it would be hard to tell. The posture, however did not change on twitch. Not a foot stepped from the ready, and his muscles held themselves well in the en guarde position. He eyed the chiss for a moment, and then stood, relaxed, but still on edge. If she had wanted to kill him, it could have been done much easier. Despite the relaxing, he was still coiled like a spring, his slouch even a readied gesture.

"Jedi? Hardly... I don't even know what I am anymore... I thought I was alone here... And trust me... Even in this state, I could probably kill you before you ignited your blade....Who are you and why have you come here?"

Grimacing the wearied man looked at the Chiss woman again, trying to see past her physical appearance, to what she was, and got back a confirmation that this was certainly no Jedi.

Lord Eclipsion dryly smirked as she heard Sedaire's response to her inquiries. "I'm here to mainly get away from the galaxy, as a sort of retreat from all the chaos. You think you could strike me down in that position? I've struck down Masters in far better shape than you...Heck, I don't even know what to call you! You're not a Jedi, so are you Rogue, or what?" She spat out in an extremely cold tone. The Chiss did have to admit the stance he was in was for more adept force-users, but he had relaxed himself from his position.

"So please, tell me while in the name of the Sith are you here?" Eclipsion calmly asked.

"I am here for much the same reason as you... To get away from the chaos of the world and loose myself within myself to try and forget my past... As for what I am? I am myself, and that is all that need be said. I don't need a label or Order."

Julius clipped his saber to his belt, smiling coldly and folded his legs back under him, closing his eyes and sighing.

"As for striking you down? I could. You would probably be able to take me out with you, but that would not be something i'd be adverse to right at this moment anyhow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom