Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dressel to Impress: Contract

John Ash

Only by Fire do we become Ash.
Dressel was the one planet that Ashhearth Industries had a factory at to produce product. They currently did not have any to make, but a large smelter made short work of the scrap metal that was gathered by the salvage yards. So it came as no surprise to John when the head of another factory came to him about a possible contract. A contract would go a long way towards getting his new born company a more steady source of credits and work for his employees. It also would help get word of his company out into the rest of the galaxy. A win win for him.

John had decided not to go alone and actually worked to get [member="Rashae"] a chance to sign a contract with the client as well. GenTech and Ashhearth Industries had plenty of connections after all. They had done a salvage job together not long ago on Denon, which GenTech acting as a medical unit while field testing their products. Both companies also had credits put into them by John. He owned Ashhearth Industries directly and he had invested into GenTech heavily. So getting both companies a contract was in his best interest. It was also in the best interest of Rashae as well since her company was as new as his own.

John had made sure to fly the pair of them in his own ship to the planet. His naboo style ship with enough seats to comfortably sit two people entered the atmosphere of Dressel after having exited hyperspace. He said as he slowed down his speed for his approach, " We are about to arrive. Do whatever it is you high society types do to prepare for a business meeting. Straighten out your hair, push of the gals. Whatever it is you do to look so good."

John was peculiar. He was uneducated and really rough around the edges. The bounty hunter turned business man was a man of action and usually meant what the said. There was little to no subtlety to him. Rashae tried to teach him these subtleties but he remained resistant. The glare she cast him when he told her to do the voodoo she does to look like she does as if she didnt know that and his tone was not well received.

“I'm not an object or a droid, John!” she said sharply.

She folded her arms in the seat next to him. She looked similar to how she looked when he said he was investing in GenTech. "Do i not look ready for some reason. Not enough cleavage for you? or do you think that i should hike up the skirt?" Rhetorical questions that did not bode well to answer in certain ways. "I am a doctor and a scientist. Not a Nar Shadda call girl. " She was fired up. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise to have that kind of energy and presence. Maybe.

Rashae smelled as ravishing and inviting as she looked. She took out a tablet datapad that could hold more data as she reviewed her presentation in as much as the products she was planning on showing as examples. She took out a compact to looked in the mirror. Checked the whiteness of her teeth. She looked stunning, beautiful and hopefully looked like she knew what she was doing. John knew the brain behind the beauty. Most did not see past the beauty. The Doctor had to come to terms that it was possible she may be viewed as John's eye candy. The thought irritated her a bit, but she wasn't going to not look her best either.

[member="John Ash"]

John Ash

A smirk and a chuckle escaped John's lips as [member="Rashae"] went off on him. It might not have been the best reaction in the galaxy if he planned to keep the woman happy during their time together, but it was honestly fun to him to hear her say what she did. It was something he had heard other women say at clubs on Nar Shaddaa when a guy got too blatant with her about what he wanted. Despite the moon being such a den of carnal release, more of the women had enough pride in themselves to not open their legs for every wannabe that asked them to. Seeing the young doctor act the same when he didn't mean it that way just sort of endeared her to him. It was even more humorous to him when she actually did check her appearance out in her compact mirror after having said all of that to him.

" Don't worry Snow, I know very well what kind of woman you are." John said as he continued to slow down their speed as their craft moved towards the surface. " Our client doesn't though. We can use that. Let him think you are just a pair of lovely legs with a nice chest and then when it is time to make our end of the deal ambush him with that amazing brain of yours. You would be surprised how easily people judge women based on their looks... or maybe you do know."

The ship shook a little bit as they hit some turbulence with the jet stream. John corrected their course as they finally got in close enough to make out details for the small city the factory in question was located at. It was a typical factory city with most of the infrastructure designed to support the industrial plants there. It would not be unusual either if most of it was owned by the same company either. John had dealt with that type before, the ones who felt they owned everything just because they owned most of a single small city. He wasn't going to make any assumptions about this client, but if they were that type then John would be fine here. So would Rashae. She probably would completely control the entire thing if he was that kind.

" Prepare for landing." John said as they approached a large office building. " Once we land I will help you out of the ship."

There was a slight huffing sigh as John finished his little talk. He was right. Most did look at her as a walking sexy pair of legs with boobs. As uncouth as that sounded, even in high society that existed. His strategy therefore had merit.

“My mother is ten times worse than I am about appearances. If even a spec gets on their eyelashes out of place, the world hears it.” She couldn't help but chuckle at that.

“You sure about that.” Rashae asked with a raised eyebrow as to his strategy. “Alright. “ She said simply. A simple answer like that from a woman like that should have been the first warning.

She freshened her lips and gave them a slight gloss. She then quickly as he landed did something simple but dramatic to her eyes where all you could do was stare if you didn't know the practice. Her mother taught her the art of using makeup to do certain things. She let her hair flow instead of it being half up. Rashae always had great hair as it cascaded down her back like a shimmering obsidian river waterfall.

She accepted John's hand to help her out as she did so slowly and methodically. Then it was show time. The walk. The walk used the hips instead of the legs. The hips would go into a figure eight, infinity movement as it subtly moved the behind as the purposeful walk came straight at the company delegation that met them. Rashae spotted their leader as she tossed her hair to the side. The hair toss coupled with the walk for the practiced was a devastating combination. John's strides would place him in front of her but a lot of eyes were on this creature that moved spirit and soul like heaven.

[member="John Ash"]

John Ash

John got worried when the only thing that [member="Rashae"] said in response to his suggestion for the plan of action was "alright." It was like someone just yelled "thermal" while in hallway with no corners or "sniper" while out in the open. He just got a feeling that he was about to regret saying anything to her at all that wasn't "you look pretty and smart." He just really hoped that he was wrong here. Regardless of what he wanted though, they had arrived at their destination and he touched the ship down onto the empty landing pad.

After getting out of his spot in the pilots seat of the cockpit, John made sure that the young doctor was able to get out safely. Ships like his were not the easier thing to get in and out of without a ladder of some kind. He had one at home, but lacked one here for that task. They were both out and he had the ship locked down. He walked in front of the stunning beauty so missed most of what she was doing behind him. As they approached the delegation, John raised an eyebrow. Every single one of them was male and each was staring past him with wide eyes. Everyone other than the owner was dressellian, and the owner was a human or not as obvious a mix. The owner also was the one most wide eyed of the group.

" Mr. Preye, I'm John Ash and this lovely woman behind me is Dr. Rashae Lovous." John said as he turned and motioned towards Rashae. As he did this he finally caught sight of her behind him. She was an attractive women normally, but right now she was seductive. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, and likely had much the same kind of look on his face as these men did. It seems he was right with his earlier feelings. A thermal had gone off on him and the enchanting doctor was that explosion.

After a few silent moments past, John finally pulled himself back to his senses. The other men seemed to be doing the same, if a little slower. He said in a slightly awed tone, " As I said, I am John Ash and this is Rashae Lovous. We are here to discuss that contract with your factories in town Mr. Preye." The owner made some niceties with them then instructed them to follow him to his office to discuss their business. The owner and the rest of his delegation turned around and began to walk towards his main office in the factory.

John waited for the men to begin to lead them on then began to follow while standing right next to Rashae. He offered her his arm and hoped deep down she would take it just so he could make some physical contact with her. Regardless of her reaction to his offer, he would lean in close after to whisper in her ear, " If you were a thermal I would be dead right now Snow. I didn't think a anyone could look this attractive and yet here you are leaving me speechless. Are you fine with skipping this contract and just going on a nice date?" He meant for that last question to sound like a joke, but his voice betrayed how seriously he actually wanted to do that right now. They both knew they couldn't do that after getting this far into things.

What did John expect would happen when he suggested that strategy? John's reaction was more amusing as the Dressel delegation. She expected the Dressel Delegation to have their jaw drop. Its like they hadn't seen a female before. When John introduced her she put her hand out delicately and lightly.

“Charmed. Pleasure to meet you.” She said in a soft velvet that had a honeyed tone. The 'human' male at least had the present of mind to take her hand. Though he wasn't exactly sure to kiss it or shake it. There was a fumble as she smiled at him reassuringly while inwardly thinking how much a goober he was.

“Shall we proceed, gentlemen?” She motioned onward.

John offered his arm to which she took as was proper. “This is your strategy not mine. You wanted boobs with legs. You got it.” She said quietly through a smile. She looked at him as there was a gleam in her eye as he mentioned a date night. “We are overdue for a date night. That would be lovely, John.” She said with that same gleam. The gleam in her eye was half wicked and half thinking. The wheels were always turning in that brain of hers.

John paced with her fortunately. He was getting better with that. She looked around as she examined work conditions. Workers if she saw any. Rashae observed her surroundings to see what kind of details she could observe. The more she can think of needs, the better her presentation. Once they reached the council chambers, they sat down as she put her tablet datapad on the table.

[member="John Ash"]

John Ash

The offer for the date went well, and it was something that John was already planning out as they walked. He enjoyed their date nights as much as she did, so it was more of for both of them when he offered it. As they walked side by side, the company people in front of them glanced back often. Jealous looks were common and thick upon their faces. This was particularly true for the human owner as he eyed [member="Rashae"] with a gleam of greed and envy that spoke of how he saw her as nothing more than an object for his carnal appetites. John caught the look and noted it. He was going to be sure the man didn't look at the young doctor that way again after the contract was signed.

Along the way to the office, the conditions of the factory became obvious. The workers were overworked during their shifts so injuries were common as tired hands and eyes slipped. The process of putting together different metal machines was mostly automated with different kinds of machinery, but there was a need for an organic element as repairs were often needed and oversight was always required from none robotic eyes. It was clear that the workers had some protection, but not enough to keep them in the best of health as they worked.

As they arrived at the office, John made sure to pull out Rashae's seat for her so she could sit down. It was something she made sure he had learned to do on their date nights, and something he had found to come natural for him after once or twice of doing it. He would wait for her to take her seat then push her in gently. Once that was done he took his seat next to her, which left the both of them across the table from the owner and his advisers. Mr. Preye's advisers began immediately in detailing out what they wanted from John's company. A steady supply of salvaged metal smelted down from their original scrap form into re-purposed ingots for the next cycle of the planet. That was a good deal for his company but the offer was too low. He spent a little time haggling with them before he finally got a fair price out of them. It was already clear they didn't view John's company as their equal. They saw Ashhearth as beneath them and lucky to get their business. That was going to need to be corrected eventually, but for now he got acceptable results.

While all of this happened, the owner kept his eyes on Rashae. He specifically kept his eyes slowly roaming over her face and body as she sat in her chair. The human showed no interest in John or what he had to offer to him. He let the Dressellians handle it all while he just made eyes and faces at the young doctor. That gleam in his eyes never fading away. After things finalized for Ashhearth's contract, Mr. Preye said, " Now that we settled that matter. What services do you have to offer me today Ms. Lovous was it? I am looking forward to you laying everything you have bare to me."

John knew the icy gleam from those blue eyes. The bounty hunter knew a trap when he senses one. Mr. Preye had no idea. Those lovely lips curled up ever so delicately as the executive turned to her. Mr. Preye's choice of words under normal circumstances would have acquired Rashae's ire quickly. If it did, it didn't show. What laid beneath the beautiful creature before Mr. Preye was a thin sheet of ice that he was standing on and it was cracking.

“It is Doctor Lovous, Mr. Preyes” Her diction was precise with a soft roll of the 'r' with velvet tones.

“Excellent, Mr. Preye.” As Rashae took the insulting words and turned them into an invitation. She turned to the tablet as she allowed a pause to occur. She was cool as a cucumber. Mr. Preyes was tapping and anxting for some kind of affirmation of something to take advantage of. Let this lovely bird present what she has and real her in. No problem. The oily smile didn't leave his face.

“I noticed Mr Preyes that your profits are down eight percent. From my resources, you have a ghastly time keeping personnel working. Thirty eight percent turnover rate, thirty three loss due to injury, eighteen percent recall rate. “She ticked her tongue as she let those figures sink in. “What if with a couple of products you could reduce those numbers by half. “ Those ice hard eyes looked him right in the eyes.

“Gentech has designed and produced a new wound kit. “ She turned the video on that was on that hurt worker on Dressel. “Antisepsis spray and bacta patch that work together. The worker can be back at work fifteen to thirty minutes were as that wound would have rendered that worker inoperable for a week. “ Rashae caught the man's eye who was actually now paying attention to the product. “With this wound kit, most job related injuries can be handled and the worker back to work producing. More production means more profits. More workers mean the work is spread out and less accidents happen. Less turn over rate as workers can bring home a pay check to their families. “ Not that Mr. Preye cared about the last part but some of the other dresselinians might care about it.

“we also developed a Nutrition Pudding. It has an on the go delivery device that can keep those workers going during long overtime hours. Testing is near completion with it. The offer for you to be one of the first in line for this unique product is on the table. “ She proceeded to give a holo presentation of packages and pricing not missing a beat. Any questions were answered in the same cool manner. The advantage these products would lend was not missed. They argued exclusivity. “You are not offering enough for exclusivity as I already have a contract with Ashhearth. They know the value of these products first hand. “ Ashhearth loss rate due to injury was negligible now. As long as she didn't scream into the Com again. “More products are under development of similar quality as these two products.”

The haggling continued as they tried to low ball. “At the current rate of profit loss, do you really want to low ball me like that? Do you want to raise your profits or not?” She countered coldly and rather sternly. Rashae didn't see it but Claude had said at this rate they would be out of business in a year. “The figure I gave you is quite reasonable. No other pharma company has these products. I can guarantee it. “

“How can you guarantee that?” Mr Preye countered. Challenging her statement.

Perfect. Rashae smiled. It wasn't a warm smile either. “Look it up yourself. I developed the genetic fusion for the active ingredients in these products. I hold the sole rights to the genetic code for these products. “ She challenged him right back. Mr. Preye was not dealing with a dumb pair of legs with boobs. This was slowly dawning on him a little. “Please, by all means look it up. “

[member="John Ash"]

John Ash

As soon as the part of the meeting to handle [member="Rashae"] potential came up, the young doctor shifted from a chest with long legs into an experienced researcher. All of them were caught completely off-guard by what she had to say. As number after number hit them, they were getting further and further behind her. She had blindsided them, and their faces showed just as much. The main issue was that it was all sinking in much more slowly for the owner of the factories, Mr. Preye. He was still looking at her as nothing more than a thing for him to seduce and use for his lustful desires before tossing her away. His eyes showed he thought she was doing nothing more than repeating back a speech she had memorized. Even after she had finished playing them completely in her favor, the idea that she might be more than that had sunk in a little but only a little. He directed for one of his men to look it up after her challenge. They all sat there quietly until she was proven right. He never once looked at her as an equal or even as someone who might be something other than an object for his desires.

While all of this was going on, John watched and listened to everything that was going on. He didn't know exactly what the numbers on profit meant but knew they were bad. This was only confirmed by the way the color drained from some of the dressellian's faces as Rashae mentioned them. He noted it. He also noted every single one of the numbers concerning the employee lose, either from turn over or injury, and the recall rate. He could work with those later. He could do more than work with them actually. He could use them to kill the company, which was exactly what he planned to do to this Mr. Preye. The way he treated John and his workers was bad enough, but was typical for businessmen that cared little about anything other than raw profits. What had truly settled his mind was the look, the attitude, directed toward the young doctor the entire time they had been around one another. It was not something he would permit. It was something that would be punished severely.

The business was finally wrapped up after the confirmation of Rashae's information being correct. Holopads and actual papers were produced with the terms of the contracts just agreed upon were presented. John pulled out two holopads, one for him and one for the doctor, and set them on the table. Each owner signed their contract, both the paper versions and holopad versions, then each got their own copy to hold onto. It was standard. It was simple. It was the only part of this whole meeting that was not met with subtle hostility and resistance. After getting everything put away, John stood up from his chair and said, " Thank you gentlemen. Your first shipment will be here before the end of the week."

John began to head towards the door and let Rashae go out first. After she was through he began to follow, but stopped. He turned around towards his new regular customers and said, " If any of you men want a job, I will be opening up a factory here soon."

All of their faces widened at John's words. Most of them looked unsure how to take it, two seemed disgusted by it, but one looked ready to accept the offer on the spot. Mr. Preye just frowned as he replied, " I own all of the factories in town, and none of them are for sale."

John looked directly at Mr. Preye with the eyes of a predator that sensed blood. John said in a completely serious tone with a threatening edge, " For now, but not for much longer."

John turned as he finished and began to head back towards his ship. He could hear them scrambling within the room behind him as he felt the panic in the air. It was clear Mr. Preye didn't believe John's threat, but the others knew it was real. They knew that a declaration of war had been issued and they were not ready for the invasion that was about to begin. John's steps were confident even predatory as he headed back to his ship. His mind already finalizing his plan of attack to cripple the company before he made the killing blow. Dressel was about to see one of it's companies burnt to Ash.

Rashae largely kept a polite smile and a very well veiled disgust as she focused on details to get the production orders sent to Claude and the factory staff started. Claude was ecstatic of course. The doctor checked the progress of testing of the nutrition pudding and its trials were positive. Certain orders of finalization protocols were sent. She would nod at certain points of the completion and parting words. John kept himself between that Mr Preye and herself most pointedly. It was just as well, she couldn't stand the man.

She stood a couple of feet out of the door as there was a pause of him coming behind her. Just as well, she was still exchanging discussion points with Claude. She heard part of John's unveiled words and firing shot. This did not anger her but it did make her curious. John was not a subtle person.

They were well on their way to his two seater ship when the raven haired lady finally spoke. “John, you do know Corporations across the Galaxy are filled with people like Mr. Preye. There are even women in business that are just like Mr Preye. “ She said softly as he helped her into the ship.

There was that determined look in her eyes though that she was beginning to learn that couldn't be changed. It was something significantly steady with him. There was a danger and a charm to that at the same time. Both frightening and endearing.

[member="John Ash"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom