Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Drahrr'Jor, the Mandalorian Dragon Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
tumblr_ngoqlpYIpt1rrrleuo1_1280_zps2yv6notx.jpg

Image Credit

Name: Drahr'jor
Designation: Non-Sentient
Homeworld: Mandalore
Language: None
Average height of adults: 3.5~ Meters At the Shoulder, 7.2~ Meters Standing on hind legs
Skin color: Black
Hair color: Black
Breathes: Type I, II, III
Strengths:
  • Gigantic Size {Main Variant}
  • Strong Jaws and Paws: While not lightsaber resistant like the Catra'diamtr, the Drahr'jor's claws combined with its sheer size and strength proves effective enough to rip through durasteel and plasteel and it has been known to claw through Mandalorian Steel with great effort. The smaller variants on Mandalore and Concord Dawn have enough strength and sharp enough claws to cut through the toughest woods of Mandalore and thin sheets of metal, but its more likely that they would crush it before cutting through due to their weight.
  • Sharp Claws and Teeth: Sharp enough to cut through flesh, hide and bone, but only the variant found on Tra'Shebs has strong enough jaws and sharp enough teeth to cut through steel. Most Drahr'Jor have a bite force strong enough to crush steel cans and dent/crush consumer grade starship hulls.
  • Resists the Force: This has only been observed with the Tra'shebs variant. It is believed to be an adaptation to counter the Catra'diamtr's Force Bellow. Its hide allows it some resistance to force abilities like Force Push and Force Bellow however mind tricks, lightning and throwing objects with the Force will work as normal on it.
  • Hide class 6 resistant to personal military grade and civilian blasters.
Weaknesses:
  • Can't climb
  • Can't swim in large bodies of water
  • Can't sneak up on its prey (For several reasons which will be discussed)
  • Poor Night vision
  • Incredibly difficult to tame
  • Allergic to the Varos Fruit
  • Strill musk in large quantities works as a repellent against the Drahr'jor
Distinctions: The Dahr'jor is a massive beast with thick skin and patchy fur. Black as night these beasts usually bear the scars of their hunt which heal an odd yellow color on the flesh. With paws as wide as a human and a body that towers over even some of the tallest sentient lifeforms in the Galaxy the Drahr'jor 's sharp claws, short muzzle, and goatee-like fur are all trademarks of the beast.
  • Black Skin
  • Black Fur
  • Giant body
  • No tail
  • Short snout
  • Goatee-fur patch
Average Lifespan: 30~ years
Races:
  • Mandalorian Drahr'jor: Signifigantly smaller than the Tra'shebs variant at around 1.8~ Meters tall at the shoulder and standing at 3.7~ Meters tall on its hind legs. This is found on both Mandalore and Concordia. Also only breathes Type I
  • Concord Dawn Variant: Slightly bigger than the Mandalorian at 2.6~ meters a the shoulder and 6~ meters standing
  • Tra'shebs variant: Truest to the original breed of Drahr'jor, it is the largest and only found on Tra'shebs where the creatures there can sustain its massive size. Also only breathes Type I
Estimated Population: 1000
  • Mandalore - Mandalorian Variant
  • Concordia - Extinct
  • Concord Dawn - Concord Dawn Variant
  • Tra'shebs - Main
Diet: The Drahr'jor's ancestors were theorized to hunt the largest animals on Mandalore including the Beskar Epar and adolescent Mythosaurs. They continue to eat and hunt the largest predators around with the Tra'shebs going toe to toe with the Catra'diamtr for number one on the food chain. Since being introduced several thousand years ago they have depleted the Catra'diamtr population significantly due to their hunting of adolescents mostly. On Mandalore and Concord Dawn they are one of the biggest land mammals and eat anything not fast enough to run away. Unlike many other bears in Mandalorian space, the Drahr'jor is strictly carnivorous, though some have been known to devour entire hives of insects in order to get to their honey.
Communication: Roars, growls, bear noises
Culture: To the Mandalorians the Drahr'jor is one of the greatest challenges since the Mythosaur. Alongside the Catra'diamtr and the Beskar Epar it is easily one of the largest and deadliest animals in Mandalorian space. In ancient times when leather was still a very common material used in the construction of Beskar'gam, the Drahr'jor's leather was a sought after item as when treated and hardened could provide protection against heat and energy weapons for above what was available in synthetic fabrics at the time. Even today Drahr'jor leather is something sought after by the less frugal and showy Mandalorians. Usually it is only honorable to wear the leather of a Drahr'jor you've killed yourself.

The Drahr'jor is also one of the animals that many Mandalorians see as encapsulating the role of a Mandalorian parent due to the way that Drahr'jor are raised at the side of their parents to hunt and live as Drahr'jor.
Technology level: N/A
General behavior: The Drahr'jor is a solitary creature and often hold large swaths of territory that they consider their own. Wandering into such zones can prove deadly as many a hunter have met their end chasing their prey into a Drahr'jor's domain. The only exception is when they mate. Drahr'jor mate for life. Despite this though even once two have paired they simply occupy a shared space and rarely even live in the same den, only coming together during mating season which is around summer time. Other than that time period they are separated and sometimes even fight over territory.

Despite their massive appearance the Drahr'jor are not as hyper-aggressive as they seem. Generally they don't bother with anything that won't fill them up from one chase or hunt. What they will fight for is any carcass in their territory and their young, of which they have two, one for each parent to guard and teach. Young Drahr'jor are incredibly naive and friendly and often wander away from their parents. Some Mandalorians throughout the centuries have claimed to have been accepted and befriended by Drahr'jor families after saving their young. Some believe that the only way to tame a Drah'jor is to imprint on it as young as possible, though since the Crusader days this has not been attempted. It is rumored that the only man to have tamed an adult Drah'jor was Emberli Garett, or "The Bear". A great warrior it is said he fought and defeated a Mandalorian Drah'jor with just his armor and his bare hands and forced it to submit to his authority. This can only be speculated however as there are numerous accounts as to how he got his name.

History: The first recorded sighting of the giant bear was towards the end of the Mythosaur's reign as king of Mandalore. At some point they were used for war, though they were not tamed but rather captured and let lose upon enemies. Because of this their population spread to many of the Mandalorians' most commonly traveled worlds. Eventually however their numbers were thinned to the point of near extinction. A conservationist took several hundred cubs and put them on Tra'shebs to save them from the massive hunt that was occurring on other planets.

Thus the Drahr'jor split into several sub-species, all smaller than their original ancestor. The breed that evolved on Tra'shebs however would continue to grow large due to the caliber of prey that it had at its disposal.
Notable Player-Characters: N/A
Intent: Lore building of Mandalore and the Mandalorian people

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

• Strengths/Weaknesses: "Strong Jaws and Paws | Sharp Claws and Teeth | Resists the Force for all off these I need you to in sentences elaborate on exactly what these claws, teeth and jaws can pierce through. I especially need you to describe in depth the resistance to the force and what that entails. Additionally I feel that for the strengths of this species it needs stronger weaknesses to counteract its strengths.
Those things will impact what my next round will be.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Gilamar Skirata"] | [member="Lorelei Darke"]

While this beast possesses strong strengths, it has pretty powerful weaknesses and there aren't too many of them. It looks fairly reasonable to me. Approved Pending Secondary.

• Hide class 6 resistant to all energy weapons
Due to it's already massively powerful nature and it's limited Force Resistance, I'm going to need you to knock this hide class down. "All energy weapons" is too much and I must insist on limitations here. Some energy weapons would be acceptable with a short list of the types it is resistant to.

I'm more concerned about spelling out the limitations of the hide - which it needs. The field and scope of energy weapons is far too broad and covers far too many things that range from menial blasters to destructive turbolasers. As I said: Some energy weapons would be acceptable with a short list of the types it is resistant to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom