Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Drahr'kandar

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRAHR'KANDAR
dTCQLzV.jpg
wdINxRx.png

Image Source: Here
Intent: Draco Vereen's Updated Armor

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Development Thread:

Manufacturer: Draco Vereen, Ijaat Akun
Model: Not Applicable
Affiliation: Draco Vereen
Modularity: Yes

• Any weapon can be replaced with ease
Production: Unique With Replacement and Repair Parts
Material: Beskar, Mandalorian Steel, Armorweave, Copper, Electronics

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Mulitpurpose
Weight: 18 Kilograms
Quality:

• Plates: 10
  • Armorweave: 8
Special Features:
  • Force Enhanced Senses: The Helmet is imbued with Force Essence to enhance Draco's Force Sense and his perception of time, allowing him to react faster
  • Lightsaber Resistance: Crafted from Beskar and Highly resistant Armorweave, the armor is exceptionally resistant to damage, including lightsabers.
  • Lightning Absorption: The Gauntlets of the Armor are Alchemically altered to absorb Force Lightning, Electric Judgement, and Ionize and release the energy when the knucleplates strike a solid surface
  • Force Immunity: The Cod Piece and Gorget are lined with heavily alchemically altered Terentatek leather, making those areas almost immune to the Force, beneficial or detrimental
  • Minor Stealth: Scanner Proof when Idle
  • EMP/Ion Resistant Helmet and Gauntlets
  • Force Enhanced Strength is more easily done
Armor
Helmet
Back Plate
Wrists
  • Crushgaunts
  • Light Shields
  • Concealed Modular Weapons Mounts (1 per wrist) [Subbed Separately or Pulled From Cannon]
  • Copper Faraday Cage
Shoulders
Boots
Combat Harness
DESCRIPTION
The Beskar’kandar of Draco Vereen was taken and scavenged for parts, the metal taken and gutted, smelted back into the raw ore at the behest of Ijaat Akun. The Master Beskarsmith, arguably the greatest Beskarsmith in the known galaxy personally crafted the armor using ancient, forgotten techniques with Draco’s assistance. Making use of the nearly limitless materials and resources at Draco’s disposal, the pair formed the metal the old way, with hammer and anvil. Metal was smelted, pressed, and formed into molecularly-aligned matrices of beskar. The metal plates were hammered into shape by hand instead of a power hammer, giving it a sense of self, finally making the Mandalorian personal armor forged by his own hands with his own blood, sweat, and tears poured into it. Threads of Mandalorian Steel, or Euk’gar, were forged by the pair of master smiths, weaving ancient techniques and modern technology together into a masterpiece of metal.

The plates are segmented, scalloped, and articulated pieces fitted to his physique to allow for maximum mobility and maneuverability despite the significant weight of the plates. The armor plates consist of a Cuirass, Pauldrons, Cod Piece, Thigh Plates, Greaves, and Sabatons covering the majority of his body with Beskar, forged with a small percentage of Ciridium to allow the plates a bit of flexibility to assist with the articulation of the armor. The plates are forged of molecularly-aligned beskar, reinforced with vertical strips of Euk’gar on the inside to assist against penetrating weapons. They are padded and comfortable to wear, allowing them to absorb a small amount of kinetic shock. The areas where they overlap is coated in a durable rubber to keep the pieces from clanking together making noise. The plates are painted in a camouflage pattern of Reflec that is very mildly photoreactive, having the ability to shift from forest to desert or other environment after a few minutes or it can be programmed to be set colors or change symbols. The reflec makes the wearer difficult to detect with sensors or scanners due to its sensor blocking properties, however this is largely mitigated if the wearer is participating in combat, in flight, or using systems that produce signals that are normally detected.

The Gauntlets of the armor were crafted specifically to compliment Draco’s Force Abilities. They have been treated similar to a Sith Sword the gauntlets are able to absorb Force Lightning, Electric Judgement, and Ionize Lightning like a capacitor, only releasing the buildup of energy when the knuckle plates strike a solid object, pouring the energy into the target. The basis of the set is a pair of altered Crushgaunts, capable of amplifying his grip strength somewhat more than standard Crushgaunts. They are able to be used to crush normal metals with ease, bending durasteel, and shattering duracrete. Super-Metals, like Beskar, Phrik, Alchemized material, songsteel, and ultrachrome are less affected, if affected at all, though it should be noted that cortosis is a brittle material compared to other rare, lightsaber resistant, durable minerals. These gauntlets have been imbued with the power of the Force, enhancing Draco’s physical strength as well as refining his control when using the Force to amplify his strength and might, making it easier to maintain and requiring less focus and concentration for him to do so. The most interesting feature in the gauntlets however, is the adjustable Light Shield Projector built into them. This shield is based on the same principles as a lightsaber, projecting a lightsaber containment field capable of deflecting bullets, blaster bolts, and other lightsabers. The edges are able to cut similar to a lightsaber, though with much more difficulty given the nature of the shield. When activated the shields instantly form, and appear to be a glowing, semi-transparent disc when projected from the forearms or semi-sphere when projected from the palms. The discs can be adjusted via the HUD but are normally sixty centimeters in diameter, while the sphere is forty centimeters, though neither are able to be extended past one hundred centimeters in diameter. These Light Shields can be adjusted so that they can deflect Ssi-ruvi Paddle Beamer weapons through the HUD with a simple action or Voice command. Built into the each of the vambraces there is a concealed modular weapon slot on each wrist, allowing him to easily change out weapons in between combats and reload the ones installed. The left gauntlet features and integrated holographic control panel that also can perform the functions of a datapad, a HoloNet uplink, and HoloComm. The gauntlets are lined with a copper faraday cage, electromagnetic shielding, and insulation to protect the delicate internal systems within them.

The helmet is slightly more advanced than the Arbiter Combat Helmet or Hyperion Combat Helmet, with a sensor range of about two hundred meters, due to the advanced processors and electronics used in addition to the dual antennas found on it. The visor is photo-absorbent allowing solar energy that hits the visor to recharge the internal batteries, allowing the helmet to be used almost indefinitely without having to replace the battery. The Helmet has a copper faraday cage to protect the delicate internal systems it houses. Draco imbued the helmet with Force power at the Nexus of the Dark Side on Vjun, causing it to have several beneficial alterations. It increases his perception of time, allowing him to think and react faster than would otherwise be possible, almost as though time slows down for him when he taps into this ability, though it does not actually increase the speed of his movements. Draco's perception of time dilates somewhat, roughly X0.9 that without the helmet in normal circumstances. In combat, assuming that he isn't disoriented, wounded, or heavily distract he can focus this to about X0.75 that of standard perception of time. If allowed the vast majority of his concentration it is possible for his perceptions to be increased to around X0.4 standard perception, however this isn't sustainable in combat scenarios he is participating in. A side effect of this enhanced perception is the adjustment of perceived pitches. Almost across the board the pitch of a sound he hears is reduced, possibly falling below his ability to hear. This benefit becomes far less prolific when combined with other similar abilities. Additionally it refines his control and amplifies his abilities of Force Sense.

The armor glove is made from an armorweave including Euk’gar fibers weaved in, increasing its resistance to damage. A power armor-liner provides limited resistance to kinetic and energy weapons on his torso, waist, upper arms and legs, reducing the amount of kinetic force of slugs similar to wearing kevlar without ceramic plates, and granting him minor resistance to fire, acid, toxins, and corrosives. The armorweave features an internal layer of thermal gel and resealing foam, providing additional blaster and heat resistance, as well as allowing it to automatically reseal itself if it is punctured. The layer that touches skin is comfortable fabric. The cod piece area and gorget are lined with heavily alchemized Terentatek Leather, offering great resistance to many direct Force abilities that target the covered regions, almost to full immunity. Some powers, such as Spear of Midnight Black would still deal kinetic energy into him, but wouldn’t puncture the leather. This was done because most of his defeats in battle had been born from the use of Telekinesis on those areas, rendering him unable to fight effectively.

The armor features a large number of support systems, enhancing it to extensive levels. As such the armor is capable of serving Draco in any number of environments. It is hermetically sealed, and features an Arbiter Combat helmet which has a rebreather, independent air filter, and air supply allowing him to remain operational in almost any environment. It features a climate control system allowing him to function at peak capacity in almost any environment, keeping cool in the desert and warm in the artic. The boots of the armor may be used as either grav boots, assisting in flight maneuvering while within a planet's gravity well, or allowing Draco to hover slightly above the surface he is fighting on. The soles of the boots are magno-grip, allowing the wearer to lock themselves onto metallic surfaces, which can be incredibly useful in the right situation. It features a digital life support system readout allowing medics to quickly assess an injured individual. Finally the armor has a tactical combat harness with a variety of tools and equipment options, as well as pouches and holsters for weapons. Draco wears an Armorweave kama to better protect his legs from shrapnel and blades.

REFERENCES

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Thanks for going forward with the edits we discussed. I really feel they add some depth to the sub.

This sub's technical capabilities are consistent with several other approved beskar'gam subs and canon precedents. It's impressive but not an overreach.

On reflection, I think we need more detail on the time perception factor. Years back, I had a character who specialized in that, and it became very easy to powergame. So I need you to nail down a range here, like '0.8x perception dilation with moderate focus, 0.5x perception dilation with extreme focus.' Numbers as examples; I'm open to your thoughts. Except most of the dirty ones.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I don't have a problem with trying to assign a number here. My question would be the Modifier. Anzat and their brief description claims three time times the athletic ability of humans, but I played a couple of videos on youtube at half speed, and its a BIG difference.

How does X0.8 passive, X0.6.5 moderate focus, X0.5 extreme focus sound? Its a shot in the dark to be honest, especially stacking it onto the reflexes of a Force User which have been shown to be wicked quick compared to base line humans already.

In the May 5, 1969 Sports Illustrated, Ali’s jab was measured with an omegascope. Ali’s jab, it was found, could smash a balsa board 16.5 inches away in 19/100 of a second. It actually covered the distance in 4/100 of a second, which is the blink of an eye.
Effectively halving those speeds puts it at something that is a lot more manageable, however I would say Extreme Focus wouldn't be something sustainable in combat with any significant threat (Any real fighting requires some focus which in my opinion would prevent anyone from obtaining extreme focus in a fight) but would still allow the Extreme Focus (Sniping, doing some fancy flying out of combat like navigating an asteroid field, or even battle meditation [Maybe?])

Also, I'm going to edit that the enhancement becomes prolifically less beneficial when stacked with other enhancements, having found three things that also boost reflexes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_reflex
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_speed
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bavakar_reflex_enhancement

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

I think that could work. The effort is there. Tag me when the edits are complete and we'll take another look.

One side effect that comes to mind is reduced awareness of lower-pitched sounds. With dilated time perception, pitch changes radically. Soprano becomes alto, bass goes subsonic - that kind of thing. If you could address whether that's a thing and why, I think it'd be cool.

Draco's perception of time dilates somewhat, roughly X0.8 that without the helmet in normal circumstances. In combat, assuming that he isn't disoriented, wounded, or heavily distract he can focus this to about X0.65 that of standard perception of time. If allowed the vast majority of his concentration it is possible for his perceptions to be increased to around X0.5 standard perception, however this isn't sustainable in combat scenarios he is participating in. A side effect of this enhanced perception is the adjustment of perceived pitches. Almost across the board the pitch of a sound he hears is reduced, possibly falling below his ability to hear. This benefit becomes far less prolific when combined with other similar abilities. Additionally it refines his control and amplifies his abilities of Force Sense.
That is what I added. Look good to you?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Darth Vulkan"]
Yup. Seeing as it's 4am and I'm operating on virtually zero sleep, though, I'll give all this another look once I'm alive. Last thing I need is to wake up to 'Your first day back and you gave someone time warp armour?!?!?'

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Then I'm just fine with this. Only sticking point is the brief first alchemy thread (two very large posts, probably intended to be a blog originally), but I'm of the mindset that folding it in with the other alchemy thread yields a stupid amount of words for that aspect alone. Now, if I was a dick, I'd say "break those two massive posts into five each," but that's a waste of both our time, and I think you can get away with considering it part of the other thread. Small potatoes

[member="Spencer Varanin"], all yours again. We've done 3-4 rounds of edits and we're in good shape to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom