Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Slaying (Hunting for Crystals, PM for an invite)

Tatooine: Dune Sea

KraytDragon-CotF.jpg

Kryat Dragons. There was only one thing these beasts fear, but they were few in number. Outside of the grand spaceport of Mos Isley, which was still recuperating from a recent terrorist attack, a Kryat Dragon had wandered close. It had attacked and eaten a moisture farmer and destroyed much of the farms machinery before disappearing back into the desert. There was a canyon that many suspected the Dragon slept, but with Mos Isley's reconstruction there were none free to hunt the beast down and keep the farmers safe.

Krest stood in a newer set of Templar armor, his hood on. Under the armor were bandages still covering the burns he had received during the attack, but they weren't enough to slow him down. The Dragon was a danger to the people he swore to protect, and thus he needed to deal with it. But he wouldn't do so alone. He made a call to those he thought were free enough to assist after the Weedkiller operation. @[member="Hayato"], @[member="Sophia Walsh"], @Xander Carrik. Three he knew. Three he's fought against in the past. Now he needed them to fight with him against the beast.

Four knights to slay a dragon. Krest couldn't help but smile at the idea.

I smiled as I adjusted my armor. Wearing the robed Varient of the Templar Armor, I decided that it would be suited best for this task. With my hood down, I carried two lightsabers, and a S-1 Heavy blaster pistol. As we would be hunting down a Dragon, I thought we might need something alittle stronger, Carrying a book bag with a few grenades, mines, and a blaster rifle, I hopped onto my PTS speeder and sped off towards the location we were meeting at. In a mere few minutes. I slowed down to see @[member="Krest"]. Braking and slowing down. I brought the speeder to a standstill.

"Miss me?"

Sophia was lucky that a dragon was not something that she had yet dealt with on her planet. The most trouble she had was when she first got there and had to put everything on the planet back together. Earning the trust and respect of her people was something that had taken time after what they had gone through. Things were better now certainly no dragons but instead hordes of visitors which she did her best to control. The last thing she wanted was a terrorist sneaking in especially since the planet was right on the border of confederacy.

"So, we are hunting a dragon. This ought to be interesting," Sophia smiled as she walked up to the group. She wondered if Krest had tried to fight the dragon alone before calling back up. Knowing him he did and found that he couldn't do it alone and was smart enough to recruit help. Sophia of course was more than happy to help.

@Krest@Xander Carrick

Atlas Kane

A
After a short while of waiting Hayato arrived. He had walked half the way here, since he didn't really have any kind of speeder he owned and he didn't want to endanger someone else's property whilst hunting the dragon. Hunting a dragon was something ... different to him. He had never hunted anything before and he had certainly never hunted a dragon before. He had only once in his life participated in something similar to a hunt, but that was more of an investigation. This however was a true hunt. A hunt for a Krayt Dragon. One of the most feared beasts in the Galaxy and it was attacking innocent people. It had already destroyed one farm and killed a couple people, that was already too much. It had to be stopped and Hayato thought he and the others would be perfect for this. He would just have to get some quick info about the Krayt Dragon either from Krest, his friend and fellow aspiring blademaster, or from his Helmet H.U.D., which could provide him with some basic info once they met the Krayt Dragon.

''Well then, long time no see Krest.'' He said to his old friend. ''If you fight like you did during our duel, this should be over quickly.'' An unfamiliar face caught his attention and he bowed. ''Hello, miss, I don't think we have met yet. My name is Hayato, may I know yours?'' He paused to give the woman a chance to introduce herself, then he turned his attention towards a man who was very familiar to him. ''Xander, how great to see you again. How have you been?''

@[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Xander Carrick"]

Krest set his hands behind his head, grinning. It certainly was an interesting group. Three bladesman and @[member="Sophia Walsh"]. A shadow of a frown formed on his face for just a moment. Sophia was here, but he didn't really know what her style was. Well, this was a good of a time as any to figure it out. He doesn't speak, simply letting the other three continue with their conversation, but he nodded to each of them in turn.

His mind was already spinning. He had not gone after the dragon yet simply because of the recent attack on Mos Isley. It would have to be a quick kill so he could get back to the city and help finish the reconstruction.

@[member="Xander Carrick"], @[member="Hayato"]

It was only a few seconds after I had gotten the nod from @[member="Krest"] that @[member="Sophia Walsh"], and @[member="Hayato"] walked up. I nodded to the woman and waited as the Ronin spoke to me. I nodded to him as well, "Fairly well, just learning new forms and getting better at my Soresu. Even fought Krest here with it!" I added with a smile. I then looked around, know that the three men were born fighters of lightsaber, while Sophia was a wild card for me. I knew that she was a Knight in the Templars, but that was just about it. Turning to Krest, I decided to get the show on the road, "What will we be getting there with. I mean unless you want us walking for a few hours."

"Sophia, it's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled at @[member="Hayato"]. It was nice to meet other Knights in the order as she didn't know many. Sophia was far too busy with duties, responsibilities and the like to hang out at Jedi Sanctuaries and meet other Templars. She was glad to have the chance to help with this problem. Admittedly Sophia wasn't a swordsman like the others but she had other abilities that she was sure would come in handy here. She had her ways it was just that they were not well known instead the young woman was known as a Viceroy.

"Speeders would probably be the best. They may actually be helpful when we fight this dragon because I doubt that it's a baby one." She didn't expect this to be an easy task for the group but she was prepared for this. It would be a good test of her skills.

@Krest@Xander Carrick

Atlas Kane

A
It was good to see new people, as was it good to see old acquaintances. Hayato was glad to see Xander alive and well. It seemed he was even improving his Soresu skills, since he had dueled Krest with his Soresu. It was great to see young people advance their skill in Lightsaber Forms and Xander definitely seemed like someone who would pick up things quickly and now Hayato had confirmation on that. ''That is great to hear, old friend.'' He said with a friendly smile on his face, which was covered by his helmet though. Meeting new people was equally great. Often it meant making new friends and just expanding the amount of people who you knew. ''It's a pleasure to meet you as well.'' He said and gave a quick nod towards the woman. He then turned towards Krest, his old friend. ''So, when are we going to start hunting that dragon?'' He said. It would not be a very easy task, but Hayato was certain they could take the Krayt Dragon down.

@[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Krest"]

Krest rubbed the back of his head. "Well, that's the issue. It's a five minute walk to the canyon it's hiding in." With that he moved off, not exactly in a hurry. "She's a big one. Some of the camera's out here caught her walking into the canyon just around the corner. No ones gone in, not enough time in the day with the rebuilding of Mos Isley. That's why I called you lot. Won't be easy, but we should be able to do it quick."

He rounded the bend, spreading his arms wide. Ahead was the canyon, huge empty space. Some would expect a raid from some Tuskans, but the next noise quickly proved that thought wrong. The Kryat Dragon roared, deep and powerful. Even for a Cayon Kryat, this was a giant. There was still no sign of her, but it was clear from how loud the roar was that it wouldn't be long till there was.

@[member="Xander Carrick"], @[member="Sophia Walsh"], @[member="Hayato"]

"I think I can sooth her, maybe she will just leave?" Sophia knew that the dragon was causing all sorts of issues but if she didn't have to kill her Sophia rather not. The guys with her she knew were out for blood so she was sure that her words were futile but it was worth trying at the very least. The dragon could just be out of hand because it was a mother protecting it's babies or something. Sophia wasn't sure but there had to be a reason for all of this.

Sophia stepped ahead of the group as she heard another roar come from around the corner. It was obvious the dragon was angry about something but what that was escaped her for the moment.

@Krest@Hayato

(Sorry guys)

I smiled and nodded my head to my old teacher. he had taught me the basics of Soresu, and over the time that we both had left the Fel, I had grown many times more than what I had may thought. Learning Ataru and Juyo from Krest, Already knowing Shien or also known as Djem-so, and learning Shi-Cho from a sith that I had not seen in such a long time, I really did have the title of prodigy of the lightsaber. I mostly only held that title because I was 19, a new knight, and already I knew more forms that most of my comrades in the same levels. As such, they probably knew more force powers than I did. Though, I had one power up my sleeve that most of them did not know about.

As we walked around the corner, in what seemed to be that we were already there. a roar of epic portions came out and reverberated in the canyon. Though we were only steps in, it seemed as though we were standing right next to it. The dragon roared again after @[member="Sophia Walsh"] spoke about maybe making friends with it. I shook my head, trying to make reason with her why not. "I would agree with you that we could try, but it would be Futile. If it was already attacking beasts and others without cause that we know of, then why should it bend to our will? it already shows signs that it is not here for a simple meal and moving on. No, it has a purpose to be here. and from what I can tell, its nothing to awfully nice."

@[member="Hayato"], @[member="Krest"]

Atlas Kane

A
A Krayt Dragon was no joke. Krayt Dragons could easily destroy many homes and cost many people their lives. Hayato wondered, what made the Krayt Dragons so aggressive? Was it their need to hunt and survive? Was it their need to defend their territory? Or maybe was it a completely different reason? Hayato would really like to find out. Maybe it would one day provide the answer as to how to defend against Krayt Dragons without having to hunt and possibly kill them.

As the group moved on, the roar happened. It was a loud roar, it made the ferocity of the beast apparent. This would not be an easy task and after Sophia and Xander spoke, he decided to respond himself ''We should let the Knight Walsh try it. If she doesn't succeed we can always fight it and scare it off that way and seeing as we are three skilled swordsmen we should be able to do so easily.'' He chuckled. The last part was a bit of a joke, but he wanted to lighten up the mood a bit. It wasn't very helpful to go into a fight with a completely serious face, it was always good to have a bit of fun before a battle.

@[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Krest"]

Krest rubbed his chin slowly, frowning. But he listened to @[member="Hayato"], nodding to @[member="Sophia Walsh"]. "If you think you can tame it, we'll try that option out." He moved more towards down the canyon, his saber alight. The Kryat Dragon would have a hard time should it end up fighting.

Speaking of, the Kryat Dragon and all it's glory stepped out around the bend, letting loose another roar. The beast was huge, much larger then normal canyon kryats. Krest stood by, motioning for Sophia to step ahead. "That's your Q Sophia. Show us what you got."

@[member="Xander Carrick"]

@Krest@Hayato@Xander Carrick

Nodding Sophia took a deep breath as she continued forward to where the dragon was supposed to be hiding. She could hear something rumbling around in there and it was obvious angry. It seemed as if it was her responsibility to calm the beast down if she could. The knight wasn't sure if it was angry just to be angry or if there was something else that they were missing.

Closing her eyes she tried her best to focus on the dragon in hopes of calming it and seeing what was going on. If she could help it rather than kill it she would very much like that. She knew that she needed to also not be scared of the dragon or show fear herself as that would go against her.

"She's scared and angry," Sophia mummer as she stepped closer attempting to sooth the beast. Instead she could hear it's footsteps coming closer to closer to her by the second and it was roaring too. "She's a mother protecting her babies. She doesn't want the villagers close to the nest." She honestly could understand.

Krest shook his head as he stepped up beside @[member="Sophia Walsh"]. "A Kryat dragon nesting here can't continue. One the babies hatch they'll attack the city or anyone who happens by. She's going to have to be put down." Kryat dragons were very territorial. The mother was not going to leave, and that meant either moving the whole city, or dealing with the mother. With what happened in the city recently, the mother got the short end of the stick.

"We'll see what we can do with the babies, but they can't remain here. She won't move them." The Zabrak took off, his form leaping atop a ledge. Now was the time for action.

Now was time to slay a dragon.

@[member="Hayato"], @[member="Xander Carrick"]

"What about the eggs? We can't just leave them here.." The thought of killing the mother dragon and leaving the baby dragons alone was heartbreaking. She would never leave her little girl alone like that it was why she was so very careful. A child needed their mother after all. She didn't like Krest's idea at all even though she knew that they had no other choice.

"I could take them with me. I can make a home for them and raise them as if they were my own. It won't be easy but they shouldn't just be killed. They are innocent from doing anything wrong and besides having some dragons around might prove useful."

@[member="Xander Carrick"]@Hayato@Krest

Krest kept still for a moment, setting a hand to the side of his head. In his ear was a microphone, two way communicator. A smile formed over his face as he nodded to @[member="Sophia Walsh"]. "There's a bounty for a live Kryat Dragon. We can move her off world with her eggs no issue, and she won't come back to terrorize. Sound promising?"

@[member="Krest"]

"I could take them with me to Chroma Zed and build a home for them there. I can raise me some dragons and I'm sure that Izzy would also like them. Now how to capture her." Sophia like the idea of capturing her instead of killing a dragon for doing dragon type things. It was in her mind a win win situation.

Krest would nod his head at [member="Sophia Denko"] , but he would take up a different approach. Fighting the dragon would only harm it, something he now wanted to avoid. Instead he made a call, bringing in a team of nameless bounty hunters to assist. With their help, the beast was put under rather quickly, and soon loaded up on a ship large enough to carry the beast. The eggs would be left behind for Sophia, but the dragon would be taken to the HC of JAC on Val'hala, a place the Zabrak knew well. There, the dragon would hopefully be treated well, but the bounty itself would be complete.

Matreya

A few days later, after recieving of the beast, JAC emisarry Pexim showed himself to the group, bearing a suit case. Once opened, rows of credits could be found, "5,000,000 credits, as the Pearls were no longer accepted in the deal after Zaiden's death. But, of course, this was a grand bounty, and this will indeed leave us up to requesting your assistance again in the future."

[member="Sophia Denko"][member="Krest"] [member="Hayato"] [member="Xander Carrick"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom