Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drag the Dream into Existence

To: [member="Danger Arceneau"]
Subject: Isotope-5 Shipment

Encryption: Secure

Salutations,

As I believe I have mentioned to you before, Hegemonic Automaton is undertaking a rather large project currently. I am unfortunately unable to go into details in writing. Suffice to say, it will necessitate the usage of an Isotope-5 power generator. It is my understanding that you own one of the more reputable Isotope-5 mines on Makeb, and so I would like to arrange for consistent shipments be made as needed to support production once the project is completed. Naturally I will acquiesce to whatever payments you require for such shipments.

I realize you may find the absence of details and information regarding the project to be disconcerting. I will be more than happy to discuss this more in person, perhaps over dinner, if you would like.

With all due Respect,

ryci0bM.png

To: [member="Gerion Ardik"]

Greetings Mistah Ardik,

It is such a pleasure to hear from you. I hope this finds you well. I'd be happy to come calling over for dinner to discuss your needs and how Arceneau Trade may meet them.

What date and time would be of your preference? Location?

Regards,

[SIZE=22pt]Danger Arceneau[/SIZE]

To: [member="Danger Arceneau"]

Salutations,

I will be grounded on Hypori for the next few weeks. Some matters within the Department of Law required my direct attention. If you are within the vicinity of the world, I would be happy to meet you at a restaurant in New E'y-Akh. If not, I would be happy to meet at a location more convenient to you once I am able to relieve myself of my duties. I understand Arceneau Trade business can often take one to the farthest corners of the galaxy.

With all due Respect,

ryci0bM.png

To: [member="Gerion Ardik"]

Greetings Mistah Ardik,

I am currently in Geonosis and would not take me too long at all to come to New E'y-Akh. It would be a pleasure to meet you there. The Chambraise is a lovely spot and I am told it has a wonderful menu. Would you be so inclined to join me at seven o'clock there?

Regards,

[SIZE=22pt]Danger Arceneau[/SIZE]

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

This was the second time Gerion had been to Chambraise. This was also the second time he would be going there to discuss business and the second time his partner for the evening was a red-haired woman in a position of great power. Reflecting Hypori's strange history, Chambraise featured a fusion of Geonosian and Atrisian cuisine. Ultimately none of those things wound up in the title, as the restaurant's owners were more concerned with making the place sound sufficiently high-brow than accurately reflecting the restaurant's menu. Gerion wouldn't have recommended it himself- he found it adequate and not much else, but he wasn't about to argue with Danger about it. The Chambraise' owners, on the other hand, were positively thrilled that the former Viceroy was set to become a recurring customer.

When Gerion arrived early, they already had a table selected for him and ushered him to sit down despite the fact that Danger hadn't arrived yet. Too tired from a number of trips to fight about it, Gerion wound up in his seat earlier than anticipated, idly leafing through the menu while he waited.

[member="Gerion Ardik"]

Gerion wouldn't wait long, Danger was prompt to arrive for dinner.

"Mistah Ardik," her voice would float over with a song, warm and genuine in her greeting. A Chambraise host led and would guide the red head to her seat, sliding the chair out for her to take at her pleasure. But for the moment, Danger would place all of her attention over to Gerion.

"It is always a pleasure to see you," she told him, extending her hand out. It was true. Danger did have a fondness for the Umbaran, he was always so pragmatic and succinct in his manner. Not to mention his business sense and philosophy was above reproach.

"I hope everything is going well for you?"

Gerion rose at Danger's approach, shaking her hand as provided. As always, she exuded an aura of pleasantry. "Likewise," he replied. If Gerion had ever been in proximity to Arceneau Trade's proprietor when she was visibly angered, he couldn't recall it. Their respect was perfectly mutual- Gerion could maintain an icy demeanor throughout just about any situation. It took someone of a different mental temperament to actually seem affable at all times.

"As well as it can get, as usual." He said, releasing her hand and sitting back down once she had done so as well. "I trust your flight was enjoyable? I'm grateful you could come on such short notice."

Or in the absence of particular details, but they would get to all of that soon enough.

[member="Gerion Ardik"]

Sliding comfortably into her seat, Danger continued to shine Gerion with a warm smile, "The flight was uneventful, but pleasant. Although there is talk about a stirring of the governments up 'round Sullust." she would inform him, inviting him in on her bit of gossip.

The waiter came around, stopping to the side of the redhead to lay her napkin over her lap. He moved to do the same to Ardik, but if Gerion would let him, well that was up to the Umbaran.

"With the fall of the Protectorate, all kinds of buzzards are flyin' round to get their choice pick." she would add, referencing not only Stratus Sphere, the Trade Conglomerate, but also the new Galactic Alliance. A smile was cast to the other bus boy who came to set a glass of fresh ice water for both her and Gerion.

"Thank you," her green eyes then drew back over to the Umbaran.

"Reckon we shall see who holds sway soon enough."

"The Protectorate was home to a lot of prosperous worlds." Gerion replied. Before he could swat away the waiter, a napkin was draped over his crotch. Did they let anyone do anything for themselves around here? The nerve. "I'm not surprised Sullust is the first pick of many buzzards."

Personally, Eriadu would have been his first choice. The climate was much more agreeable to him. The rest of the Protectorate's worlds were located perilously close to the One Sith, so Sullust and Eriadu suddenly became prime real estate. If Gerion had to guess, he would imagine the Trade Conglomerate would have an easier time pushing its agenda if it partnered with the Galactic Alliance rather than rival them. But the politics of fledgling states were not especially relevant to the purpose behind their meeting here today.

"Speaking of the first pick, I imagine you'd like to get down to business." The Umbaran shifted slightly in his seat, as if checking that something was still in his pocket, as he continued. "Are you familiar at all with slave circuits, miss Arceneau?"

[member="Gerion Ardik"]

Danger had just finished taking a sip of her glass of water when Gerion pressed his inquiry. The local slave circus? Well there were several between one neck of the 'verse to the other. A large part of them had been quickly snuffed within Techno Union territory. Gerion had no patience for them.

To her, it was neither here nor there. Born and raised on Tatooine meant she was well used to slavery and how that worked. Granted, her time had seen things move towards a more regional occupational program for those less unfortunate. One would call it indenture servitude if you wanted the black and white of it all, but few were keen to leave if house, food, and security were met.

"That I do, a majority of them have left Techno Union space onto greater pastures," she would reply, setting her glass down upon the table. A fresh basket of artisan bread was set upon the table, fresh out of the oven and piping hot. A small plate of artfully decorated butter patties was perched right next to it.

"Are you looking to connect with someone in particular?"

If Gerion's eyebrows climbed any higher they, too, would have left Techno Union space for greater pastures. There was a great disparity between these two corporate power players. The concept of a slave circuit in the Tion Cluster apparently carried a much different meaning in the far reaches of the Outer Rim. Gerion should have suspected that much, but was internally appalled that Danger thought he would meet her to dinner to discuss the illegal trafficking of sentient beings. They were eating, for petty's sake!

Gerion cleared his throat awkwardly, breaking off a piece of the bread and spreading a small portion of butter onto it with his knife. "That is not the kind of slave circuit I refer to." He was going to have to ignore the fact that Danger had almost offered to connect him with someone running an actual human trafficking ring. Gerion would likely be leaving this restaurant with a migraine.

"I'm talking about automating capital ships. Remote control systems. Those kinds of slave circuits."

He shook his head disapprovingly.

[member="Gerion Ardik"]

Well that wasn't quite what she intended by her query. An expression of apologetic aghast spread over her features.

"I beg your pardon, Gerion," it was the first time she'd ever spoken his given name aloud, and it was said with no small measure of apology. "Forgive me for the miscommunication." she'd add, smoothing over the napkin over her lap. "I had thought you were perhaps looking into furthering your investigations."

With that said, she took a deep breath. Alright. Slave Circuits -- as in the technology.

"Attaining the rights to the Maladi Class production has familiarized me with the subject." she would add, "So production and implementation of them are part of our production line for not only the Maladi but for others based on request."

"It's fine." Gerion acquiesced, deciding not to say anything further on the subject. There was no point in making an elaborate scene about it. Danger just happened to be from a... Peculiar background that for some reason had a lax view on... Peculiar economic practices. No matter. It hardly impacted her value as an ally. If this were some low-tier flunky he probably would have shackled them and shipped them off to a detention center for interrogation. But he didn't have dinner with low-tier flunkies.

"Good. Good. Then you'll be pleased to know I'll soon require the services of a shipbuilder for a vessel similar to the Maladi."

Gerion fished around in his pocket for something. His hand came back up with a miniature holoprojector, a small disk, which he placed close to the center of the table. It flickered to life shortly after, projecting a small image of a star destroyer. It was a sleek vessel, shaped almost like a bullet that had been halved and curved downward slightly. This was clearly a design that had intended to present itself as modern as possible. The image rotated in place as Gerion continued.

"The gist of it is a vessel roughly the same size as the Wryyrlok, equivalent firepower, with a crew of no more than eight-hundred droids. Self-sufficient. Fully automated. Without the need for life support and other amenities for crews, there's more room for... Well, you can imagine, I'm sure. The strength of all this comes from three supercomputers coordinating the affairs of the entire vessel. This can create some strain on the ship's power supply when running at maximum force. But a single Isotope-5 fuel rod, as you're capable of making, allocated to each vessel would more than suffice."

[member="Gerion Ardik"]

Ahh, so that was it.

Now it made sense. Isotope-5 was one of the rarest substances in the known galaxy, and Arceneau Trade held the rights to a few of those mines. While she wasn't the only one, she certainly had her hand on the mining and refining of the substance longer than the rest, to include the production of synthetic Isotope 5. It was still in production, but with it would come a far more affordable option to those who would still desire the benefits a a lower cost. There were also the deposits on Corellia, but those were kept strictly in check. They were the reason for the gravitational anomalies where the former Black Gold Beaches once stood. Now, there were floating pillars that hovered in the air much like the ones on Makeb. It was an anomaly Danger did not want to end up on public notice. The Corellians had already suffered enough.

The corner of her mouth would perk and Danger gave a nod.

"I'm intrigued," she told him, setting her water down to study the man. "How large of a production are you considering?" That was key, because the Isotope was not an endless commodity. She would work with Gerion in whatever capacity he needed, as he was in line with her more pragmatic view of things and honestly, she enjoyed his company and the crafting of his creations.

"And how fast are you lookin' to develop it?"

"Limited, most likely. They'll be produced to order, much like our other larger, more advanced droids." Gerion replied. Isotope-5 didn't grow on trees, after all. Neither did his supercomputers.

These vessels would be feats of modern technology coupled with expert shipbuilding. Monuments of advanced technology. Most slave-rigged ships or the droid controlled ones of ancient history were cheap. They were fodder, usually only lightly armed and armored. These would be capable of going toe-to-toe with other ships of the line and then some. If the goal had only been to replicate ancient technology, there would have hardly been any point. That was the work of fools and degenerates. Hegemonic Automaton would rather pave the way to the future- one droid at a time.

He took a sip of his own drink before continuing. "Time isn't an issue. I've waited this long. All the other pieces are in place, excepting the Isotope-5 needed and a shipbuilder capable of executing the blueprints that have already been finished."

With a nod Danger would state her understanding of the bigger picture to [member="Gerion Ardik"].

“Get me the schematics of the design you need, and I can get into production of them posthaste.” she told him, taking her water glass to take another sip.

“Mmm, knowing your designs I wouldn’t mind bartering for a few of those ships in return for the isotope. Maybe a few of your newest droid designs.” her eyes perked, “Which I had been wanting to discuss with you the possibility to finally expand our contract beyond the initial one with Cetus.” their contract was dated prior to the first Southern Systems Business Bazaar Expo. Back when the only territory within Arceneau’s reach were the Confederacy and the Mandalorians. She had expanded beyond those two since then.

“I want to procure your product lines for a new series of new trade stations.”

He was surprised she would volunteer her own shipyards for the vessel. Expensive droid ships were probably a gamble in the current economy, but Danger was a gambler, if nothing else. Her own involvement would probably increase the odds of this being a successful enterprise anyway. Although he'd never admit it, Gerion was more interested in the inherent prestige of the project.

"You would allow use of your own shipyards?" Gerion asked. "You'd have my gratitude, naturally. Hegemonic Automaton will be more than willing to give you favorable terms for whatever trade stations were needed."

Hegemonic Automaton, due to the shifting realities of the galaxy's major governments (they were not as stable as they had been prior to the One SIth's appearance), had scrapped its previous system of relying on them to determine the placement of distribution centers. Now instead of five distribution centers supplying the border-locked intergalactic governments, there would be a network of four or five throughout each sector, plus a dedicated factory world for that sector. What this ultimately meant was more distribution centers for Arceneau Trade to enact deliveries from and a bigger paycheck for their services.

And since Arceneau Trade's merchant fleet was among the most well defended in the galaxy, it also meant losses from pirates were mitigated. There really was no better example of the back scratching analogy to be found in the galaxy. It would bring a tear to the eye of anyone who found amicable business practices to be moving.

Gerion rubbed something out of the corner of his eye. "Which lines were you intent on procuring?"

[member="Gerion Ardik"]

Danger would only brighten her smile. If anything, Gerion Ardik was a businessman who fell in line to a similar philosophy Danger aspired to. They worked well together, and in that she was always willing to support his endeavors. How astounding it would be if she were to ever discover that the man she respected and admired was a Force user. But everyone has their own measure of prejudice. Perhaps if such a time ever came, Danger would look past that and only see the merits of the Umbaran.

"A full line of the Zenithar and the Talos series." she would state, describing the work and labor droids along with the security. "Along with the standard medical droids." she would add. "With an ongoing maintenance contract and insurance policy as always."

It was at that moment that their waiter made his appearance. He was a rather thin, gaunt fellow with a stiff upper lip. "Greetings Madame," he first said to Danger, then turned to Gerion, "Sir. Welcome to Chambraise, I shall be your server for this evening. " he would then gesture to their menu's. "We have a wonderful five course tasting menu...."

He would go through the various Chef's specials for the tasting menu. The end result would have Danger select the five course along with a glass of Kuati wine.

There it was- the legendary backscratching of Danger Arceneau. Credit signs appeared in Gerion's eyes momentarily and were gone as soon as he blinked a second time. Was it sad that there were not even any runner ups for the title of Hegemonic Automaton's best customer? It wasn't exceptionally relevant to his paycheck, so it must not have been relevant at all. Money was money, and he'd take a huge chunk from one person just as soon as he would take fifty little chunks from fifty little people.

The waiter arrived and started to take their order before Gerion could reply. Gerion ordered something similar, with the exception of any wine. The water would do just fine for now. Once he had scurried off to the kitchen, Gerion returned to the topic at hand.

"As always, I'm more than happy to oblige you. I'll be sure to find you some kind of discount befitting the amount of business you do with us."

[member="Gerion Ardik"]

"Good to hear, Mistah Ardik. You are ever so magnanimous." Danger would state with a lingering smile. This bit of business would do well for them both. Certainly for Haven Shipyards.

"I can also provide mobile shipyards if you've a desire to keep things consolidated to a specific area." she would inform him. The glass of water rose to her lips and she took a quick sip. "Otherwise, I've locations at Kalee, Tatooine, Corellia, and Telos for your use in the construction."

She was constantly looking to expand, and preliminary efforts were made to also include Rishi as well as Sullust. Things were looking well in the form of expansion, and Danger was eager to ensure the smooth transition into a larger sphere of influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom