Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Down by the Riverside

sunset.png

Corellia
div1.png
"I think you'll like him," Aiden told Briana as he walked into the living room and adjusted his jacket. For about a week now, Aiden had been on Corellia to enjoy his time away from the front, but it wouldn't have been the same without her. Their relationship was evolving, and while they weren't living together yet, they were testing the waters by staying together at least for a little while.

He was excited to see where it would take them.

"He's the only other survivor from the ambush on Selvaris, and like the others who didn't make it, he's like a brother to me." Aiden seemed very serious about that. The bond between soldiers was unique, and in some ways, exceeded any other bond in life. These weren't just friends — he trusted each one of them with his life, and would take a shot for them without a second thought.

And they would do the same for him without hesitation.

"I was thinking we'd handle introductions here and maybe head out into the city to get lunch? Unless you have better ideas..." he let his deep voice trail off and made his way over to her with a grin. For just a moment, he let his hands settle on her waist, and pulled her closer for a quick kiss. Only a few months ago, when he regularly found himself knocked half-unconscious in a Coruscant gutter, he could have never imagined living comfortably again.

He owed her everything.

"He should be here any minute now." He winked and stepped away to relax on the couch until Alex arrived.

Bri4_1.png

Briana_Div.png

Briana_Template.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: N/A
Tag: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek , Alexander Hayes Alexander Hayes

Briana listened aptly as Aiden explained to her who this friend of his was and their connection, shining a light of clear understanding on just how precious and monumental this meeting was for him, recalling previous conversations about the tragedy that'd befallen him and his fellow soldiers on Selvaris, making her suddenly all too aware of her own nerves and the pressure of wanting to leave a good impression on this yet unknown individual.

One of many firsts in her ever unfolding relationship with Aiden.

Spending extended periods of time together, meeting up with each others mutual friends and family... most, if not all, of her previous paramours had only ever amounted to a brief footnote in her life. With Aiden, the desire to explore those deeper aspects of a relationship came so easily and natural that it was almost unsettling. "Well, we already have one thing in common, so I'd say we're off to a good start." she reassured, attempting to scrape up the dredges of that cock-sured Corellian confidence she was known for, as a rougish smile spread on her lips at the pressure she felt when his hands found her waist.

"I was thinking we'd handle introductions here and maybe head out into the city to get lunch?" Aiden asked her in that warm, accented baritone that made her toes curl, before additionally drawling out with a suggestive curve shaping his lips, "Unless you have better ideas..."

A ripple of warmth surged beneath her skin in waves, a long honeyed ringlet tumbling over her shoulder as her head tilted to meet his gaze, a dimple of teasing in her rose-dusted cheeks. "Oh, I have plenty of ideas that I think you'd enjoy," she intoned, taking the collar of his shirt and pushing onto tip-toes to meet his lips, "but none of them involve leaving this house, which would be a little problematic, given the situation." she lowered back to the floor, resmoothing his collar thoughtfully.

"Honestly though, that sounds great. We should go to that place we saw the other day, Skips Bistro, I think?" Untangling from their brief connection, Briana nodded at the mentioning of Alexander showing up soon, taking those last few moments to try and calm her nerves by doing one final checkup of her hair and makeup before finally coming to settle with Aiden on the couch, her cerulean gaze sweeping towards the door, waiting in rapt anticipation for that first knock.

Briana_Div.png

Last edited:

Alexander felt a degree of bemusement as he walked the streets of Corellia. Before Selvaris, it was rare for him and Aiden to be apart. Though that was mostly due to the fact they were regularly ordered from one battlefield to another. But even during the rare times of R&R, they were usually still with their squadmates.

But now? Well Alex supposed it was new ground for them both.

Walking somewhat different paths now. No longer was their day-to-day life filled with carnage and bloodshed. They could actually live a life that wasn’t solely the battlefield. It was still a foreign concept for Alexander, which was why he was a bit sceptical when Aiden messaged him.

It was a simple thing, asking if he’d like to meet up on Corellia. That there was someone he wanted the K’paur to meet. Given his recent track history of missions, Alex assumed it was something related to that. Perhaps a contact Aiden knew, who needed help with something that was more suited for him?

…Maybe he needed a bit of an extended break himself.

And yet every time Alex thought that, he was reminded he had spent more than enough time stuck in that medical facility.

But the tone of the message felt important, so the K’paur accepted and made his way to Corellia. Now as he stood outside of Aiden’s apartment, Alex took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom