Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Work So Hard

Estate of Baron Antleion
Prytis, Bakura

Thunder ripped through the soundwaves as the associated lightning illuminated the night sky. Near the edge of the large forest surrounding the city of Prytis, the cloaked image of the Sith Lord Ashmedai was momentarily and partially visible. Due to the perpetual stormy weather of Bakura, there wasn't really anyone outside to view his approach to the lavish city. Even if there had been, they would have seen little more than the burning intensity of his silver-green eyes floating amidst the volatile darkness of this side of the planet. If the Sith Lord made any sound during his approach, it would have been completely obscured by the sound of heavy rain pelting upon multiple surfaces.

As Ashmedai approached the estate closest to the city's easternmost edge, he paused against the large brick wall that encircled the home of the planet's most affluent inhabitants. The top of the nearly twenty-foot wall was, unlike most of the forest beyond, bathed in light. Obviously shorting out only a portion of the city's lighting would prove...well...more trouble than Ashmedai was presently interested in dealing with. For a brief moment, the Sith turned his eyes to the sky. It was more violent tonight than it had been the previous three days. Fitting.

Lowering his gaze, the Sith Lord bent his knees and propeled himself into the air and over the wall. It would only be a few moments longer before the Sith Lord had secured his objective.

Six Hours Later
Salis D'aar, Bakura

"Mr. Centurion... I think that I speak for this entire committee when I tell you that your request is...never going to be approved."

Cameron Centurion adjusted the coat of his suit slightly as he offered Baron Antleion a warm smile. "Mr. Antle--"

"Baron..."

The Sith's smile only widened. "My apologies. Baron Antleion, I think perhaps we should have a conversation in private. Immediately."

The Baron indicated the rest of the committee. "Whatever you have to say, you can say to all of us."

Locking eyes with the Baron, the Sith Lord manipulated the man's mind to make him more...agreeable to his position. "I insist, Baron Antleion."

There was a brief pause before the Baron dismissed the other members of the committee. Once the door had sealed behind them, the Baron deactivated the room's recording devices. "Alright Mr. Centurion, what is it?"

Cameron reached into his pocket and swiftly withdrew a datapad before sliding it across the large table towards the Baron. "Those are real time images, Baron."

As the Baron looked at the images, his eyes went from narrow with confusion to wide with fear. Eventually, the Baron's fear gave way to rage.

Typically, fear was not much of a motivator for sentients. However, Cameron knew all too well how powerful rage could be. The problem was, the vast majority of sentients in the galaxy knew nothing of how powerful rage was. They permitted rage to control their actions, give them delusions about what they were actually capable of. Before the Baron's rage could grant him a misconception of his position in life, the Sith Lord motioned under the table to keep the man's limbs completely immobilized and remove his ability to speak.

The Baron struggled uselessly for several moments before the rage in his eyes was once more replaced by fear.

Cameron smiled at the realization. "Good, I have your attention. Now Baron... I just need you to listen for a moment or two. You're going to give me the access codes I require. If you don't, your pretty little daughters and your equally pretty, equally naive wife are going to die...painfully. Now...I suspect you're the type of man to care more about yourself than your loved ones. I can appreciate that, really, I can. So...those photos are also going to be distributed to the entire Bakuran Senate and every major business official on the planet. Your wife may be too stupid to realize you are cheating on her, but I'm sure once things start going public some enterprising lawyer is going to 'educate' her on her options real fast. Now then..." Releasing his control over the Baron, Cameron allowed the man to move and speak freely. "The only words I want to here are 'yes' and 'master'." Cameron paused for another moment. "The order is rather irrelevant." Coming to his feet, Cameron buttoned his jacket and began making his way towards the exit. "You work for me now, Baron. Cross me and I'm perfectly capable of carrying out my threats and much more. I strongly advise you not to test me. I have people on the planet that will keep me appraised of everything you do. Your life is now mine." Pausing at the door, Cameron turned and smiled. "Sound good?"

The Baron looked like he was contemplating being a fool, but he eventually sighed and hung his head slightly. "Yes master."

Cameron nodded with a smile. "Excellent. Don't worry! I'll keep your reputation in tact so long as you do as instructed. I expect those access codes before I've departed this building." Without another word, Cameron exited the room.

Rogue Cantina
Two Hours Later

"Another Whyren's Reserve?"

Cameron nodded before draining the remaining contents of his glass. "Yeah, please. Expensive poodoo, by the way."

The female bartender merely laughed. "Yeah well...during the whole Gulag thing, imports from Corellia crawled to a stop. It was all we could do to keep things going out here. The supply flow hasn't increased much as of late, so we keep our stores up by keeping prices up. Don't worry. We'll have to raise prices on it again if you stick around much longer."

The Sith smiled thinly. "A challenge then? I guess I could do my part as a citizen to put some credits into the local economy huh?"

"Yeah. No problem mister...?

"Just stick with mister."

The bartender arched a curious eyebrow. "Whatever you say cloak and dagger. Anyways, you're clearly not a citizen of this place. Let's just say you seem...a bit too worldly."

Cameron laughed as his new drink was placed in front of him. "Worldly huh?"

"Plus with the dark skin and...the most intoxicating eyes I've ever seen. You have to be from somewhere exotic."

Cameron shrugged his shoulders slightly as breaking news flashed on the holoscreen behind the bar. "Maybe, hey can you turn that up real quick?"

"Sure thing." The bartender turned up the volume slightly and listened along with a few other members of the bar as the news described the government scrambling to uncover the source of a critical intelligence leak. "See, everything is still poodoo around here. Now the government is losing government secrets. Next thing you know, the Planetary Reserve is going to start losing credits."

Cameron hid his smile by taking another long sip of his drink. Sure. He could afford the ridiculously over-priced drinks. Clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom