Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor's Orders [Constantin, Please/Public]

Chandrila
Constantin's Office

Chandrila, to Disciple, was an absurdly tranquil planet that was far too perfect for it's own good. Through sheer luck, it has suffered no catastrophe no wars, and little that could be considered conflict in any of his sixteen thousand years of life. That didn't sit too well with the Jester-Sith, because, well, he lived to ruin the happy things for others. Not because he himself was jealous, but because it's where he derived his pleasure: from pain.

Seated in a high back office chair in the office of an esteemed professor, however, was not exactly something he'd envisioned doing so soon. Bedecked in his checkered royal purple and gold Jester costume, the Sith with the lichfire wisps for eyes toyed with a small skull on the desk.

"Oh, do go on. Tell me your secrets.", he says jovially.

Naturally, there's no response from the skull. "Truly, you're quite droll. Come now, don't be so stiff!" Cackling faintly, he rocks back and forth giddily for a moment. "For a moment I'd thought you'd missed the punchline, my friend. But I see your sense of humor isn't quite dead!~"

Again, there's more cackling. Outside, in the hallway, doors opened and students began to file around as they did between classes. Much as with all colleges, there was no bell to signal class change time. "March, march, march!" He commands, walking his gloved fingers across the desktop, the pointed ends of his claws making a faint clacking noise with every 'step'.

"Go about your days, oblivious to the world around you~ There could never be anything here to ruin your paradise. Don't mind the murderer seated mere feet from the door.", he adds sadly, before a mirth fueled chuckle escapes his lips once more.

Constantin Thraxis

C
Constantin twiddled his thumbs nervously as the man dressed up in an absurd violet and gold jester outfit rambled to himself and talked to the decorative skull Constantin kept on his desk, as if it were an actual person instead of being just an inanimate object. This Jester sure did unsettle the normally calm and collective professor, but it wasn't because of his outfit or his not-so-well mannerisms, no. It was the aura and atmosphere this man generated around him, and Constantin could taste it, feel it, smell it. It was fear, pure unadulterated fear, and the man seemed to be surrounded with this field of terror that brought a bead of sweat to the professor's brow, which he wiped away quickly with a small cloth he kept in one of his drawers. Once the man had finally stopped talking for a bit, Constantin made his opening move.

"Soo, Uhm"

Constantin took a moment to clear his throat before proceeding.

"What brings you to my office mister... uhh... I didn't quite catch your name earlier, what was it again?" He said with the utmost tone of seniority and politeness, trying not in anyway to offend his rather odd guest and make him do something drastic. Now that he thought about it, the man's grinning mask sure was creepy, to say the least. Thank goodness none of his students had seen this man yet, otherwise things could get complicated with security and whatnot, and besides, if this jester tried anything he always had the blaster pistol hidden in the lowest drawer of his desk with a full ammo clip he could whip out if things get dicey. So, Constantin waited for the man's response and clasped both hands together, interlocking his fingers as best he could to keep his shaky hands still.

There's a long pause where the Jester seems to be intent on looking to the skull a bit more. After a pregnant pause, the head turns slowly, painfully slow, like a man twisting a squeaky doorknob while trying to maintain silence. Bells on his hat tingling faintly with the movements, it's a moment or two before the flaming blue gaze is left to settle upon the nervous professor.

"Oh... right...", he says with no humor for once. It had seemed he'd forgotten there was anyone else in the room. The mask, naturally, didn't budge; grin permanently locked onto it's front.

Settling himself into a very official posture, he sets his hands on the desk and clasps them together, mimicking the Professor's own posture perfectly. Again, there's a silence.

Ominously, he leans forward slowly until he's nearly rising out of his seat. Quiet descends on the room as the students are funneled into their classes and they're left alone - yet again. "I know what you're doing." If ever there was a tone to send chills down a spine, it was the lethal seriousness edged into that simple sentence.

And still, no name.

Constantin Thraxis

C
Constantin's eyes narrowed slightly as the Jester menacingly leaned over and uttered that one spine-tingling sentence, and he eyed the Jester nervously now. "By, whatever do you mean?" He said simply, as he scooted his chair up closer to his desk and stared directly at the Jester's mask. He would not be bullied or intimidated in his own office, he would not. "Like I said before, sir. Your name please?" He said with authority and sternness, his eyes never leaving the Jester's. "It is quite impolite to withhold your own name in the company of another, and I will not suffer impoliteness in my own sanctuary..."

The leering gaze stayed, and again, the painful quiet. "You know what I mean. But you'll never find perfect.", he says, quite seriously. Putting the pressure on and getting a spine back was amusing, to say the least. It was, in it's own way, a welcome surprise. Too often did people just break down with him around - he didn't know his Dark Side Aura inspired terror. In some ways he wasn't very self aware.

Shaking in apparent happiness at what was transpiring, the Jester appears to nearly be dancing in his seat. "Oh you'll never get my name. But they call me Disciple." He had what he wanted, and Disciple had what he wanted. The term 'sanctuary' wasn't thrown around in a normal office unless someone felt a secret being threatened. One they didn't want getting out.

Oh, the scandal!

Constantin Thraxis

C
Constantin was taken aback by what the man now known as Disciple just said to him, and leaned back in his chair. H-how... How did he know that? For once now Constantin was truly worried and actually on the verge of panic, but he quickly brought himself back to his calm normality with a shot of delicious Corellian Ale he had hidden in one of his desk cabinets. He pulled the bottle out and screwed off the top, pouring some of it into a small glass he always had on his table, and downed it in one go before asking. "What do you want with me, Disciple? It's obvious you're not here for the school, so why are you here?" He then poured himself another glass while waiting.

Under the mask Disciple raised a victorious brow momentarily, although that little affectation would be lost because of the false front he hid behind. But was he really hiding, or protecting the galaxy at large? Regardless, the Doctor had turned to alcohol and that confirmed for Disciple, fully, what he'd suspected. "I want to see your...", there's a slow intake of breath as if tasting the next word, "progress."

Constantin Thraxis

C
"My progress? What do you know about the pursuit of perfection?" He'd down another glass of ale, and would decide to stop there before he went too far over the edge. "What interests you so much about perfection, anyways?" He said with an accusing glare at the Jester before absentmindedly re-arranged some of the papers on his desk into neat stacks out of anxiety and nervousness.

"What do you know about it's pursuit? Hrm?", he retorts coldly, all hint of the Jester's amusement solidly gone from his voice. Palms flattening on the desktop, he pushes himself up and moves the chair back behind him to accommodate the movement. Pausing as the papers are rearranged to keep himself occupied, Disciple snorts.

Lifting his own right hand to regard the clawed glove curiously, he clenches his left and places it behind him in the small of his back. "What interest is perfection of mine? Perfection was my business for a long, long time. And it wasn't until I'd created my own species that I realized it. But that's neither here nor there. I want to know what you think you know."

Constantin Thraxis

C
Constantin swallowed hard, and decided that perhaps it wasn't very wise to conceal such information from a being as threatening and intimidating as Disciple was, so he indulged the jester with what he knew. "To be quite honest, my research is minimal at best. I know that I have barely even tapped the surface of the genetic structure required to create the perfect life-form... but I know that if I had the correct facility and-and-and research materials, I could at least have a far better shot than I can with this Academy's limited technological capabilities." He realized that he had rambled slightly, evident by his stammering halfway through his sentence, but he didn't care. Perhaps Disciple held some sort of way to aid him in his endeavors, he said he had been in the business of genetics for a long time. Maybe a partnership could benefit both, but of course he couldn't just blindly agree with some stranger as absurd as Disciple without proof.

Eryn Xaltyr

I Want to Do Real Bad Things With You
As the various classes ended and all of the students went on their own ways, one student in particular headed straight from her class to the door of Professor Thraxis. She was a med student, but this was not her first time being in college; she already possessed another medical degree from a competing college and she was by no means finished with her education. Heels clicking against the tiled floor she made her way down the hall, weaving through the crowd easily. She gave a polite smile to a few passing students, her pristine fangs peeking from beneath her lip. The other students hurried by and she rolled her eyes, shaking her head slightly as she stepped up to the Professor's door.

She knocked on the door, leaning in a bit to speak against the door. "Professor Thraxis? Its Eryn Xaltyr..."

Pausing as he's about to answer the Doctor, a feral grin splits his face. Turning and making his way to the door long before the Professor could do anything - in fact it seems he'd simply appeared at the door instead of walking over - Eryn would feel the icy tendrils of dread snaking in and taking a fierce hold of her heart. Opening the office door, cold ephemeral eyes greet the pale redhead, a mask with a leering grin giving her the sort of happy greeting she'd likely not expected.

"Oh this will be fun...", he whispers, before speaking audibly enough for her to hear. "Come in, my dear~", he says, bowing slightly and sweeping a hand backwards to beckon her inside. Then, he's back to the desk.

Constantin Thraxis

C
Constantin hoped that this wouldn't happen, but the fates were not on his side at all this day and it did indeed happen. One of the brightest students Constantin had even seen, Eryn Xaltyr, a woman with far above average grasp on biology had come to his office for some unknown reason. Constantin was about to call her away to come back later when Disciple, the bastard, instead beat him to the punch and opened the door to let her in. Constantin quickly slide his bottle of ale back into it's spot in the cabinet of his desk, and closed it quickly with an audible slam, composing himself rather quickly in order to be appear that he hadn't just had an insane talk with a Jester and drank roughly three to four glasses of alcohol. "Ah yes, Miss Xaltyr, what can I do for you on this... Uhm, fine evening?" He said while his eyes glanced back and forth between her and Disciple, and then slumped back in his chair. Looks like he wasn't going to get out of this situation any easier than he thought he would.

Eryn Xaltyr

A sudden chill gripped her, causing her to tremble involuntarily as goosebumps bloomed across her fair skin. Shifting slightly she adjusted the strap of her bag full of books, rubbing her arms up and down her arms in an attempt to fight the chill off that made her feel ill at ease. The door to the Professor's office opened seconds later, but it wasn't the Professor that greeted her, instead she was faced with a man dressed as a fester. Cool blue eyes showed her surprise, but she said nothing as she entered the office and closed the door behind her. She gave the jester a strange look, before turning her attention to the Professor.

"Evening Professor...I came to speak to you about my project and the results I brought you the other day."

She glanced to the jester once more and gave the man a polite smile, making it a point to show her fangs, before giving Professor Thraxis her full attention again.

Making sure the door was secure behind her, Disciple eyes the short, pale woman before him. She had... Force potential, as yet untapped. Delicious. "I like her, Professor. She's... saucy~" The faint cackle that followed was thoroughly amused as one clawed finger drifted across her shoulder.

"She's more than she lets on, you know?", he adds enigmatically. "But then again, with the galaxy in the state it has been... it's easy to see why that is. Amazing what four hundred years of little to no recorded history can do to the orders who would have gladly taken her in." Almost as if to accentuate the point, the terror field around Disciple becomes leaden, heavy, almost palpable in the air.

Constantin Thraxis

C
"Ah yes, the project. Well, I must politely ask you to wait until later to show me, as I am..." He gave Disciple a quick look, hardly even noticeable really, before proceeding, "In a meeting with someone, as you can see... unless my guest does not mind this break in our earlier conversation?" He raised his right eyebrow as he firmly set his gaze on Disciple, waiting for this demented Jester to decide whether or not he'd want to hear anything or not. Hopefully not, he didn't want one of his most brightest students to be exposed to such madness.

Eryn Xaltyr

Cool blue eyes darkened as she bared her fangs in barely concealed rage as the jester's nail trailed across her bare shoulder. Goosebumps bloomed across her skin as yet another gut twisting chill swept across her body. For a moment her instincts took control and she struggled to fight the urge to run; the man hovering so close to her was a predator that outmatched even her. With some difficulty she managed to get herself back under control and so she relaxed, her snarled disappearing. She continued to give the clown an icy glare, a nearly inaudible growl rumbling deep in her chest. Her attention was pulled away from the jester when Professor Thraxis spoke to her and she bowed her head in acknowledgement.

"Of course, sir. I'd be happy to come back another time."

Eryn turned away from the Professor and faced the jester, struggling to keep her composure as the predator in her attempted to get free. "Forgive my intrussion, sir." She bowed her head once more, then promptly turned and moved to the door, intent upon leaving with or without the clown's approval.

"Take a break if you wish. This might be... interesting." The wetting of his lips under the mask was nearly audible, and the man's ghostly gaze drifted to the retreating form of the pale redhead. Should she try to actually use the door, she'd find she couldn't get her hand closer than a few inches from it's surface.

Moving to the desk and leaning back against it, he clasps his hands together and let's them rest atop his legs. It was evident he was patiently waiting for her to realize she wasn't going anywhere. "Now, go ahead. Talk." And like that, he'd completely and utterly established he was in total control of the situation - as if that hadn't been evident.

Constantin Thraxis

C
Constantin would clear his throat and clasped his hands in front of him and took a deep breath. He was about to confide his experiments with this Jester-man, it was a crazy enough thing to do, but Constantin would take this gamble. What did he have to lose really? "I've had some progress with the genetic material I've been able to get my hands on, but its hardly working out the way I hoped it would. The cells do accept some of the augmentation I've been adding to their structure, but the flaws still persist and I'm getting nowhere fast. Like I said before, I need better technology and more research before I can really make a breakthrough, I need help..." He said with a heavy sigh, and then proceeded to rub the bridge of his nose as he felt a slight headache growing behind his eyes. "Now, if you've been able to do any better, I would love to see it." He said finally with half-winded enthusiasm.

Eryn Xaltyr

Reaching for the door she attempted to leave Professor Thraxis' office, however, she couldn't seem to get her hand upon the doorknob. After attempting to put her hand upon the doorknob a few times, she stopped and simply stared at the offensive object. She wasn't sure what was going on, but she still had that feeling in her stomach that she needed to escape. Sneering, a low growl rumbled in her chest as she turned back around and stared at the clown with an icy stare. However, she turned her attention away from the clown when the Professor started talking about his research; research that Eryn had never heard him mention before.

With her interest peeked Eryn set her bag down and sat down in one of the chairs before the Professor's desk, silencing her screaming instincts by sheer force of will. Cool blue eyes looked from one man to other, then she focused on Professor Thraxis, a soft smile upon her lips. She reached into her bag and pulled out a datapad, silently holding it out to the Professor.

"I came to discuss that I was changing my focus of study after my experiments produced these results, perhaps it will help you in your pursuits."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom