Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor Housecalls (Anemone)

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

"Our embedded correspondent with the Omega Defence Forces has confirmed that the rampaging hordes of the Fringe are retreating from Eriadu. Our own government had already written off the Protectorate when it cowardly gave the Sith Empress a free hand against it, but it has shown that you do not compromise with evil. We can only strenuously demand that our brave troops are likewise given the chance to show the Mandalorian barbarians that this Galaxy's great democracy will not be browbeaten into sub..."

A mental command of Siobhan switched the holoscreen off before Maerys Cadalthor, one of the co-hosts of the alternate news broadcast Battle for Democracy on GNN could keep delivering what passed for news and analysis. Naturally while showing gratuitous amounts of leg and giving a good look of her cleavage. Yeah, and couple days ago your line was the Protectorate does not stand a chance and the Republic should occupy its northern half for democracy, she thought cynically regarding the newscaster's grand declarations.

Siobhan sank back in her chair, having watched the news in the study in her and Tegaea's villa, which was equipped with the latest in terms of holocommunications technology, theoretically enabling both her and her wife Tegaea to conduct a good deal of the company's business from home. Well, strictly speaking that was more Tegaea's role, for Siobhan was not an administrator, though nonetheless she could not escape the evils of paperwork! It was less for her than when she had been Exarch, but on the other hand she had proportionally less staff. The gleaming city of Santaissa, which despite all the modern innovations had retained a very organic look, prominently filled with white stone buildings, could be overlooked from the window. For a change they had been spared the storms and rainfalls that so often hit Kaeshana with a vengeance and the sun shune through the windows.

Part of her felt like she should have been there at the battle of Eriadu, fought against the Fringers, but at the same time she was firm in her belief that she had more than done her duty for the Protectorate, having crushed the Bando Gora, shed more of her own blood than anyone else. Time for them to stand on their own feet. Besides, she had only recently come home from punching Cthulhu, or rather a Lotek'k, having been part of a pangalactic team of Masters that took it down. Well, not just masters, Dells had been there with a missile launcher!

The sound of footsteps and a soft voice shook her out of her musings. "Mistress Kerrigan, a Dr. Nivalis has arrived for your...checkup," a pretty Eldorai servant girl said. Hearing that Siobhan arose from her seat, giving the space elf a smile, though when she stepped forward it was with a slight limp. Getting a good deal of your bones broken by said eldritch abomination was serious business, even though a certain Rave Merrill had then mended the damage with Sith magic.

Sith magic, yikes, hopefully there would be no side-effects. Well, bit too late to worry about that now!

"Thank you, Ariane. Please send her in." Just a normal housecall and check-up. Well, that and talking about Anemone's new...position in Firemane Industries. Yes, that would be the position up for discussion. Of course, Siobhan's thoughts inexorably drifted back to a certain encounter that had resulted in the cute doctor falling face first into her warm bosom. Admittedly on a certain level Siobhan did feel bad about not recognising that the girl had wanted more so soon. But things might get...interesting.

Anemone Nivalis

M.D., Expert Trauma Surgeon
An idiot. She was an idiot. Maybe that was a bit strong.. Maybe she was a moron? At the very least, she was that..

Leaned back against a wall, a heavy sigh escaped her lips as she stared at the ceiling. For the last few months, she'd found herself spending her time jumping planet to planet, with no true destination in sight. As she normally did, she'd followed those closest to her, which never worked out too well for her. They were mostly fighters, shooters, some type of warrior. Anemone was about as different from this bunch as possible. She was a doctor, a surgeon, to be specific. Why in the hell would she be following this crazy bunch? The answer was simple. In some odd and weird fashion, she loved each of them. Though, in truth, she'd considering returning to Coruscant. That wasn't really an option, considering how she'd left after her promotion, if it could even be called such.

That plan was thrown to the wayside, however, as she received a call about a needed check up. There were few who knew who she was, and even fewer that knew how to get a hold of her. The trimmed the possibilities down to only a few. The planet she'd need to venture to, however, narrowed it down to one. The only person who'd specifically contact her for a check up on Kaeshana was a certain woman shaped battering ram she'd known. And, with that, the doctor hitched herself a ride to the paradise planet, a choice that she made without even thinking. You'd think, after their 'history', that she would know better. But Anemone had long since proven to be a bit dim at times..

"Doctor? Lady Kerrigan will see you now."

Well, that confirmed it. Adjusting the bag slung across her shoulder, she pushed off the wall and began heading down the short hall. An open doorway, and what lay within was the same woman who'd caused her to run from the best job she could've ever hoped to have. Stopping once more, she sighed loud enough to fill the hall, mentally cursing herself for not being able to say no. And with that, she turned the corner, entering through the doorway, her feet came to an abrupt halt. Her eyes fell upon Siobhan, forcing a smile. "Hey.."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

((Sorry if the post seems off. My mind got a little off right when I started..))

[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

"Hey, Anemone. Good to see you again. I trust the flight was pleasant. No problems with the space elves," Siobhan said with a short smile. Oh, wait, it was Dells who punched Eldorai geriatrics! Straightening her skirt - she was dressed in an authoritative and no doubt very expensive black women's business suit that, ahem,...fit her very well - she indicated a comfortable looking couch for Anemone to sit down on.

Even for Siobhan this was awkward, something she intensely disliked. Hopefully she would be less oblivious this time around. "If you were reluctant to come here I understand that. For what it's worth I am sorry for what happened. You're just...very skilled. And beyond a check-up I wanted to talk to you about your place in Firemane, a more permanent position ideally."

Well, she would not say no to a fun romp either, but it seemed best not to start with that! As....oblivious and self-centred as Siobhan was - and her self-absorption was colossal - she was sincere in her apology, though on a certain level she thought Anemone's exit had been very...overdramatic. The villa that Siobhan and Tegaea called home could be best described as tastefully opulent. The rich carpets, the tapestries and works of art displayed on the wall, expensive furniture showed that the couple had succeeded in rising from the gutter, joined high society and the local aristocracy.

The former Exarch walked with a limp, which might end up being permanent, especially given the way she kept pushing her body, though she forced herself to stand tall and proud. Aside from getting nastily scorched by fireballs and magma, damage to her legs, especially the flesh one, had been accumulated on Myrkr, when a rogue Sith leader clad in a power suit peppered her with rounds from a repeater cannon. Skin on her face had recently been healed via force healing and plenty of bacta after suffering some rather nasty burns. As in those gained from beating up a space ork Sith lord who liked pyrokinesis and then flying through the sky while Fire Breathers were about to, well, breathe fire, not to mention getting electrical shocks courtesy of a Connor net. The flesh had been rebuilt, though scars remained that even bacta could not heal, and she had been repaired...again. Yes, it sounded terribly technical and that irked her, but then in practical terms she was half-machine.

Anemone Nivalis

She could hear the words, she could see her lips moving. But none of it registered within her mind. In a way, every thought in her mind had come to an abrupt halt as her eyes trailed over the former Protectorate leader. That lasted for only a few seconds after the sounds ceased to emit from the powerful redhead, yet to her, it felt like it lasted forever. Finally, Anemone snapped to as her eyes glanced in the direction the woman pointed to, her gaze falling upon the couch. Her steps her soft and slow, though her heels still clicked upon the ground. Sliding the bag from her shoulder, the doctor lowered it to the floor as she took seat upon the oddly comfortable couch, legs crossing over one another.

"Thanks for the invite, I guess. I mean, I didn't have much of a choice." This was true. These days, she was essentially broke. A doctor being broke... Who'd have ever thought it?

Her gaze locked upon Siobhan as she leaned back into the couch, hands resting in her lap a she flashed a small grin. Somehow, the two of them always found themselves in such interesting situations with one another. And it never ceased to be more awkward each and every time. Even now, it was like they were simply tip toeing around one another, trying not to say anything to make things worse. But even being so bright, Anemone had to adress the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room..

"Look, Kerrigan....Siobhan. About that time...at cardea.."

Yeah, cause talking about it was gonna make it so much better...

"Yeah, that. Look, I didn't want to hurt you. I thought you...knew how things were...and if I misled you I'm sorry. It wasn't intentional," Siobhan said. "I do look fondly back at the, well, good time we had," she said a bit awkwardly. Siobhan was not particularly cunning and she was sincere in what she said. Strictly speaking she did not see anything wrong with how she had behaved. Anemone had wanted it and they had both enjoyed it, it was well known that Siobhan was an unrepentant skirt chaser and enjoyed the company of many a woman, though she loved only Tegaea.

However, Anemone's feelings had evidently been hurt. That was the part she felt about. As overdramatic as her exit had been. She stood for a moment, then joined Anemone on the very comfortable couch, toned, long legs crossed. Her being physically being close to the doctor would totally not make things awkward. But then Anemone did have to examine her at some point!

Anemone Nivalis

Yeah....cause this so wasn't awkward...

She averted her gaze from the woman, not wanting to make things even more odd then they already felt on her end. How in the world did Siobhan sound so relaxed at ease in this kind of situation?! Just what was she? Well, obviously, she was at least half bionic. Having done a previous 'examination' herself, this was one fact that she knew herself. Far too well. Still, looking her in the eye would make things even worse. Nope. She'd much rather stare at the ground below her feet, scratching lightly at her own scalp, as she did so often when she was nervous.

"Yeah, thanks, I guess. Uh, I think I'm the one that should be apologizing. There's a reason I don't have a boyfriend....or girlfriend....or many friends. I'm kind of clingy. And, by the way things went, it's pretty obvious that Dells didn't warn you ahead of time. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be shocked if she set this up.. Anyway, maybe quitting the best job I could've possibly ever had on whim like that was kind of....dramatic, to say the least." Even as she said all that, her heart was still pounding like it was prepared to burst from her chest. For heavens sake, why did her life have to be so overly complicated?

You're still very cute, Siobhan thought to herself. No, she had not given up on thoughts on having a more...detailed and special examination, but then this was Siobhan!

"Kind of. Well, I've been told I get sort of clingy. It is sort of true I guess, so no worries. I know all about dramatic exits," she shrugged, giving the woman a short smile. "Regarding your job, can't get you the one at Cardea back, but would you be interested in taking a more permanent position with Firemane on Kaeshana? Could really use a chief doctor, head surgeon of your skills. Kaeshana doesn't have something like the Cardea...yet, but the elves are eager for foreign experts to help them modernise. Can't just do that by building battleships and buying blasters. And I'm...tight with Anya...the Queen I mean, she'd be interested in what you have to offer."

In other words that was Siobhan's idea of an olive branch and moving past it. Obviously she did have ulterior motives for wanting to have Anemone close, but at the same time it would give the doctor a steady job! "And, no, you wouldn't have to accompany us explosive-happy lunatics unless you want to," she joked.

Anemone Nivalis

That was an apology, right? She couldn't even tell. The woman seemed to so quickly switch subjects, it was as if they all ran together. There was no pause, no separation, no time to digest anything she'd said. It cause a heat to rise within the seemingly always calm doctor quite rapidly. And though she didn't know it, it showed across her face. Then, like the firecracker she momentarily was, Anemone jumped up form her seat, throwing her arms up as loud grunt came from her person. "Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?! Get my job back at Cardea? I'm supposed to go back there and beg for my job? Why?! So I sit there and watch them laugh at me while I get turned down like some kind of reject?! Why? Is that supposed to be some kind of punishment for not fawning all over you after we had our little tryst? Why don't you..."

Her words came to a sudden halt, her face quickly filling with a deep red from embarrassment. Anemone pivoted about, eyes glancing down at Siobhan. "Wait... Did you just offer me a job? Again?"

Is it just me or has it gotten hot in here? Siobhan could not help thinking to herself, but she looked confused at the sudden outburst, which was much like as if a volcano had erupted. She had most certainly not told the doctor to go back to Cardea!

"Err, yes, actually I did. Anemone, calm down, take a breath," she said softly, taking the doctor's hand to give it a gentle pat because physical contact could not be awkward at all. From a table she casually levitated a glass of water towards Anemone, whose face presently bore the same colour as Delila's flaming red hair.

"I offered you a job. With Firemane. On Kaeshana," she said, speaking slowly and with deliberate emphasis.

Anemone Nivalis

No. Physical contact between two people couldn't possibly be awkward. Not at all. Unless, you know, they spent some time together in a locked hospital room. And then one of them unceremoniously rejected the other. Wait....oh yeah! That was what happened! ...Oh boy.

Her eyes dropped from the woman's face, falling upon her abnormally large chest and trailing her arms until she was staring at her own hand resting within Siobhan's. Ah, how it took everything the socially awkward doctor had to not jump the cybernetic super-woman. After all, it made sense. There had to be guys fawning over her, dreaming that she'd simply gaze their way. When she mentally compared herself to her, it made perfect sense why still didn't have anyone in her life, or even any prospects.

Anemone returned to her seat on the couch, face still red as she exhaled deeply. "This isn't some kind of joke, right? I mean, your serious. Because I have nowhere else to go. I've burned every other bridge but this one. So, tell me this isn't a joke. Tell me it's for real."

Said guys would find their desires unfulfilled and confined to the realm of fantasy because, to be frank, they had the wrong parts for Siobhan and thus held no interest for her! Not to mention the fact that she was very sexist. Adril Tythorin, Eldorai 'Jedi Knight' - presumably using pyrokinesis was just as un-Jedi like as a Jedi flamethrower - had taught her well in that regard. That said, Siobhan was hardly an unblemished beauty, given the vicious scars etched into her features, for even the healing capacity of bacta had its limits - and her breasts were not that big.

"Anemone, I'm not that cruel," Siobhan said calmly. Inherently selfish, arrogant, probably skirting closer to the dark side than was healthy, but not deliberately hurtful. "So, yes, it is for real. You're great at your job and I'd like you to do it here on Kaeshana with Firemane."

Anemone Nivalis

Gotta fell bad for those guys... Well! Dells was single! So one of their primary targets was still available!

A deep breath escaped her lips and she nodded slightly, the color finally beginning to drain from her face. This was real. She could have somewhere to call home, again. Somewhere she could work, play, and advance in her own abilities. It was like a dream come true. Except for the crazy fact that she'd have to see the half-droid-woman she'd slept with just before her dramatic exit from Cardea. So maybe she'd never be the head of a department, or the chief of an entire hospital. But she had a chance to be known as the woman who led Kaeshana into a medical revolution. Under her, they could even become a central home for medicine in the entire galaxy. Or at least she dream of such things, now that she'd have a place to work and do research, that is.

"Okay...okay. Lets say I agree to all this. What would be next? What's our next step? And can I be fired?...."

Alas Dells had a habit of scaring them away. It seemed that few men could appreciate a redhead properly. Perhaps she should be set up on blind dates. Nothing could possibly go wrong! Well, she might punch a few people.

"Anemone, it's a job, so, yes, but as long as you don't run off," Siobhan said indulgently. "Anyway, I'd like you to work at the Firemane hospital. You're more than qualified for a senior position. I've already spoken with Tegs, and she's agreeable, I think to see would like to see you first to clearly define your position. Also the Eldorai are looking for foreign experts and researchers to help them advance in the medical field, so you'd be working closely with them. Who knows, maybe in time they'll launch their own Cardea. I know the Queen and she knows your skills. The Eldorai are...very proud, to the point of xenophobia, but they recognise they need foreign talent and the Queen's the most open-minded. You'd be provided with an apartment by the company. Most of our people hang out in the Foreign Quarter because that's where most expats are."

Good thing that Siobhan used to be, ahem, close to the Queen. Who was sadly forbidden fruit to her now. But then there were plenty of Eldorai aristos who liked the idea of a 'human monkeigh' showing them...discipline at night. Meeting [member="Tegaea Alcori"] would not be awkward at all. Well, Tegs knew about the little tryst and did not mind, since the couple was liberal and all that.

"As for now, well, you are supposed to check me up," Siobhan said innocently.

Anemone Nivalis

Somehow it always came back to a 'check-up'. Well, at least one thing in her life was consistent...

"Okay... Okay. If that's the case, then I accept your offer. And, this time, I promise, I won't run off." Well, even though she made that promise, Anemone knew she wasn't sure she could keep it. If something happened that made her uncomfortable enough, she'd bolt in a heart beat. It was her nature, who she was. Still, it was amazingly fun being around the wild group. It was just about the only way for her to live her dream, and have fun at the same time. Not to mention all the traveling possibly increased the chances that she'd some day find someone to call her own. Still, even with all of that, Siobhan only had one thing on her mind..

The young doctor sighed, reaching down into the bag she'd brought with her on the floor, a small chuckled escaped her lips. With her datapad in hand, Anemone sat back, keying in the pass code to access her datapad. "Okay then, I guess I owe you that much, After all, if I don't keep you in one piece, no one will. So, tell me, what have you been up to lately? Any scuffles? Amputations? Head trauma? Massive loss of bodily fluid? And don't bother lying to me. I 'll know."

"Well...fought a Lotek'k. One of its tentacles broke a lot of my bones and left me immobilised, before I ripped it off with my mind and plunged its through its eye. Oh, by the way, that tentacle was as big as a light freighter and the whole beast as tall as a skyscraper. Couldn't walk then, got healed by Sith magic, which felt like getting everything broken again. But no worries, rammed the beast's spear through its head. Dells was there as well. She had a missile launcher," Siobhan spoke.

A Lotek'k was sort of like Cthulhu. Well, actually it was Cthulhu. She had gotten an awesome leather coat made out of its hide for playing a big role in killing it. "Started limping since then. Fought a horde of Vong and space orks on Aurum. Bionic leg got most of its skin fried by magma their space ork emperor somehow unleashed. Got some boiling hot shards cut into my face. Repeatedly pulled him into the air and smashed him against a dropship and fried him with lightning for that. Flew through the sky while Fire Breathers were setting the place alight, got fried some more. Shall I go on?" she asked sweetly.

She had not yet gotten to the part about chucking asteroids at a Horde fleet and crushing the bridge tower of the dark lord's Star Destroyer! It had sort of made her pass out and after awakening given her one hell of a headache.

Anemone Nivalis

A headache was what Anemone was getting from simply listening to the woman seemingly parade her injuries like a badge of honor, or an accomplishment. She blinked, taking it all in as each new injury found its way into her ears, an image forming within her mind. Was this real? It was like she never like neither of them ever learned their lesson. Siobhan always found a new way to barely survive something, and Anemone always found herself standing beside her. What sense did this make? A normal person would walk out. As a physician, one could find a much easier way to get paid. But where was the fun in that?

Sighing slightly and releasing a nervous laugh. "Okay... Let's try a different question.. Have you felt strange at all? Heart skipping beats? Shallow breathing? Loss of balance?" Why did she ask that? The answer was obvious to anyone with half a brain...

Siobhan was apparently incapable of staying out of danger. No matter how good her life was for some reason she could not escape the desire to charge into skirmish after skirmish. Perhaps not the healthiest attitude. Or the one the most conducive to maintaing a happy marriage. Still it was so sweet for Anemone to stay!

"Headaches, varying in how much they hurt. Guess my head disagreed with chucking asteroids and crushing a Sith Star Destroyer's bridge tower. Breathing's more laboured, guess some ribs got smashed. Can't walk without a limp unless I'm using the Force to strengthen my flesh leg. Heart seems faster sometimes." Frankly by this stage Siobhan was heavily Force reliant when it came to combat, something which irked her a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom