Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor by Day, Slicer by Night

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
"And here's a lollipop Timothy." Leonard said to an eight year old rodian. It was strange watching the creature stick the lollipop into his tiny little mouth, but the parentless child was no less happy than other child receiving a lollipop. He wasn't quite happy at the shot he'd taken in the arm, but he did need his flu shot, and the lollipop's succulent gala fruit flavor seemed to remove his fears. Little did he know that his flu shot was laced with a version of the Common Cold that would go quicker the more Force-sensitivity he had and that his systems would be monitored remotely, but what the little orphan didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Much.

In any case Timothy the little rodian boy was Leonard's last orphan to deal with today. And, notably, today was Leonard's last day of work before the weekend. For many folk this would mean partying, drinking, and committing otherwise illustrious activities but for Leonard it meant one thing. His true work was to begin. Here, in Safe Harbor Orphanage everyone knew him as the friendly doctor with a penchant for science. While he was a doctor, of sorts, and he did have quite a bit of knowledge of all sciences, the friendly man known as Doctor McCoy was merely a facade, a face that he wore to avoid detection and create a new identity. One that allowed him access to child test subjects, and one that allowed him access to Coruscant, the former home of the Jedi Temple. Former after the One Sith blew it all to smithereens.

But that didn't mean all was lost. There were still the ruins, the excavations that came later. There was data in those ruins, in those destroyed terminals that Leonard needed. And what Leonard needed, he was gonna get. Even if he had take down all of the One Sith to do it.

Jaxton Ravos

Despite the nefarious influence of the diabolical One Sith Coruscant was still the sprawling ecumenopolis it was revered as. Towering skyscrapers glistened in the sunlight, making the planet a maze of buildings and platforms. As a result getting to where Leonard wanted to go, especially with little geographical knowledge of the planet outside the orphanage, was rather difficult. The turn roads and alleyways seemed omnipresent and ever turning. Try as he might he couldn't find a place that sold a city map, and simply asking for direction was out of the question. "Where's the Old Jedi Temple?" Was a quick way to get on a One Sith watch list, and he didn't want to compromise this identity so quickly. He had a good job and orphans to experiment on.

Then again, that didn't make these people any easier to find. He continued onwards, forging ahead in his attempt to find the Jedi Temple. Getting nowhere fast he turned to the only tool he had, the Force. Sitting down he touched the floor, and using the Force travelled to it's past until he saw One Sith troops and Sith heading in one direction. Hopefully towards the Temple.

Jaxton Ravos

Leonard McCoy found the Ruins of the Jedi Temple as advertised. Mounds of rubble were piled up nearly a story high, the rest stripped by the government or salvagers. Salvagers still prowled the area looking out for any potential valuables. Logic told Leonard that most anything valuable was likely gone at this point, but that hadn't stopped a horde of men down on their luck from coming. Heading over to one of the salvagers he engaged him in conversation.

"Find anything good?" He asked, before finding a blaster in his face.

"My salvage. You buy it or you head somewhere else." He said only half-confidently.

"You have any tech? Terminals, databases?" Leonard asked, hopefully reassuring the man with the blaster. Not that he was particularly afraid of the man, but interrupting his jaunt might have caused a scene he didn't want to attract.

"No, so get moving." The salvager scowled, before Leonard pulled out a few credits.

"Know where I could find some?" He said before almost dropping the credits, which would have placed them oh-so-close to the man's foot.

"My memory's a little fuzzy-" Leonard then dropped ten credits.

"I seem to remember a salvager named Kellam coming in with a bunch of droids and picking up a bunch of tech. Can't remember what he was gonna do with it mind you-" Another ten credits hit the floor.

"You know, I really should tell you about this auction down on 7th and Broadway. Kellam'll be making some real dough at around 11:00 tonight." The Salvager finished, and Leonard left. He had what he needed.

Jaxton Ravos

The half of the city planet on which Leonard resided was dark, facing away from it's sun. The night had claimed the streets, with all sorts of gangsters and unsavory sort of characters prowling around. Leonard had actually been jumped by a trio of Rodians looking to make some credits. They quickly dispersed after they found their weapons leaving their hands and falling in Leonard's however. With One Sith rule over the planet the local yocal's had grown keen on looking the other way, hell, running the other way, whenever they saw something they didn't understand.

After that there were few incidents as Leonard walked to the corner of 7th and Broadway. And old abandonded warehouse by the looks of it, with a smugglerish sort watching the front of the door. Leonard walked towards him, clear in his intent to get into the auction.

"Hey there, I don't recognize you, you got a ticket to get in? If not I could give you one for three hundred credits." He said slyly, a businessman amongst door bouncers. To the response Leonard brought fumbled into his jacket, pulling a lone silver cylinder out of his inside pocket.

"This is my ticket through the door. And your silence is your ticket through the night." Leonard replied, before putting the lightsaber back into his pocket and walking into the warehouse.

"Wait, wait-" He said quickly, and Leonard turned, a scowl on his face that could mean death. "You-you need a ticket number to bid, they-they don't take names. Here." He said stumbling about his words, trying to show he wasn't wasting the man's time. Leonard took the ticket quickly, giving him a glance before turned.

"Silence." He said before finally entering the warehouse. It was filled with all sorts of men, counting credits and examining the piles of merchandise. A loud Devaronian lead the center of the fold, talking to this man or that man, assuring them the validity of their agreements. After taking a quick glance to his chrono and seeing that the time was 11:03 he left his current conversation and headed to the front, tapping a microphone to get everyone's attention.

"Before we begin dividing lots, are their any men out there with the cash that want to bid for everything?" He asked, and only ticket was raised. "Oh yes, Ticket 347, how much would you like to bid?" He asked, and Leonard in response head up a silver orb.

"This is a grenade filled with an aerosolized Sith Poison. If I don't get every piece of tech scoured from the Jedi Temple I will release it. So in short, my bid is all of your lives."

Jaxton Ravos

Without a word a man fired a blaster bolt at Leonard, activating his PDA. Leonard grabbed the blaster Telekinetically and put force onto it's powerpack, causing a small explosion and a scream as his hands burned away. Another came with a vibroblade, prompting him to pull out his crimson blade. A block, a sidestep, de-igniting the blade, and the pulling around for a slice bisected him in the middle of his pectoral muscles.

"You have seventeen seconds before this grenade goes off." Leonard said, before the man running the auction raised his hands.

"Hey hey hey, you said you wanted tech, I got tech, I give you Tech, you get outta here deal?" He said quick, rushed, trying to reason.

"Eight Seconds." Was Leonards only reply.

"Alright alright, I got your tech, Vinnie, get him whatever he wants." A small Nautolan, apparently 'vinnie' gathered all of the tech and put it on a wheelbarrow.

"All of it." He prodded, but brought his grenade down. Vinnie hurried in response, putting more and more of anything that looked like it was once a terminal onto the wheelbarrow. "Outside." Leonard commanded as he was finished, and the Nautolan headed out the door. Leonard turned to the man running the auction. "Should any of this be spoken of the rest of the One Sith will not be as merciful as I." He threatened, before heading out the door, meeting the Nautolan. From there he took his stuff and headed home. He had a long day ahead of him.

Jaxton Ravos

Leonard McCoy spent the next day in his apartment, just restoring and hacking damaged terminals. He found a few scandalous h-mails, some bogus Jedi Philosophy, a good few tidbits of history, but nothing pertaining to his research. He searched for anything pertaining to the Force, whether it be training or the study of it, but useful data was few and far between. After much time and patience however Leonard found himself face to face with a huge list of Jedi Blood tests. Midi-Chlorian counts of nearly all the Jedi since the end of the Four Hundred Years Darkness. Leonard took some time, set up an alogorithm, and had the data transferred to a new datapad and sorted by count rather than testing date. The algorithm took some time to complete, as it was dealing with years of data, but Leonard had time. He didn't have work until tomorrow.

Upon the completion of the sorting algorithm Leonard looked through the names to see if he found anything familiar, before letting out an audible chuckle. Yet another way the Fire Dragon and his Predecessor are last among their peers. He thought to himself, before he saw another name he recognized.

Spencer Jacobs.

The bride of the old Sith Empress Ashin Varanin. Another subject he had to reach, if the rumors were true and she had allowed herself to be severed from the Force. Odd how many connections were made in the same places. Making a mental note Leonard began corrupting the data of all of the Jedi Terminal's he'd found, wiping or altering everything he could, including his own digital footprint. From there the tech would be thrown over a balcony into the underlevels of Coruscant, to hopefully be destroyed beyond recognition. Hopefully. One could never be sure nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom