Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Doc Azure's Slugthrowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF6726.jpg

Image Source: http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/46060
Intent: Multi-purpose guns for the good doctor.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Lorane Azure
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Lorane Azure
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Slugthrower
Size: Handheld
Length: 15 cm
Weight: 3 kg
Ammunition Type: Bullets, Specialized Darts
Ammunition Capacity: 10 bullets
Effective Range: 150 meters
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic
Special Features:
- Long range compared to other slugthrowing pistols
- Made to fire bullets or specialized darts/canisters
- Small security chip to prevent unlocking of the safety by thieves

Description:

With all the trouble working as an underground doctor gets him into, Lorane eventually decided that he needed something with more kick than the holdout blasters he had hidden away. These slugthrowers were the answer. They are designed to fire traditional pistol-caliber bullets, as well as custom bullets that are made to fire from these guns.

The main departures from a run-of-the-mill slugthrower lie in the range and security of Lorane's pistols. In an effort to not be impaled on his own sword, the good doctor added a small security chip to each individual gun's safety that is coded to only let a specific set of fingerprints unlock it.

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Hello there, good sub, looks a fair solid standard pistol.

However, adding angular momentum to a round doesn't add down range momentum. Spin only stabilises the bullet, which makes it more accurate.

I think the maximum effective range for this, if that's what it's designed for could be around 150m

[member='Raziel']

Thanks. I was always sort of under the assumption that longer barrels were useful for more spin. Apparently I'm wrong. XD

Edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom