Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want to build a warchief? (Jala)

[member="Jala Rekab"]

Alzoc III, a cold, quiet place, filled with snow, Talz, and other people crazy enough to think that a place where snow slugs and blizzards were fun sight-seeing opportunities. Vorhi smiled, wondering to himself if he could open up a ski resort on this planet. Nah, the Talz aren't much likely to be cool with tourists. He shook the snow off his boots and continue through the cool tundra.

Vorhi sat on a nice rock and began meditating. With any luck, his local contact--a native Templar initiate--would arrive soon. He sat, relaxing, in clothing far less rugged than most would wear in this wasteland, warped in some simple leatheris pants, heavy boots, robes, and his lacquered hat. He smiled as he heard a crunch. "Come forth, child. I am eager to hear you speak," he said, not moving form his rock. Not yet. He had to see how this student would act, to gauge her.

Jala walked closer to the prestigious Templar whom came to her frozen home of Alzoc III. Jala was lucky to find a Templar who is skilled in the art of Teras Kasi. It had been sometime since she's been looking for one and now that she found one, she wouldn't squander his teachings. "Hello, Master Vorhi." she greeted, standing before him and bowing. "I hope coming here isn't too much of a inconvenience to you." Jala stood in a suit of Templar Armor. Her being an Enso meant that the cold did not bother her none.

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

He stretched his arms, smirking playfully at the youngling before him. She was smaller, and looked frail, but he knew better than to trust appearances. He smiled warmly. "No trouble at all. Part of working within the obsidian order is traveling to aid other members, after all," he said with a nod. "That having been said, I am quite curious. Very few initiates desire to learn art of the Steel Fist--to become an Oppila of Teras Kasi," he said thoughtfully, jumping form the rock and landing before her, spry for a man pushing forty. He nodded and adjusted his hat. "Tell me, why are you interested in learning Teras Kasi? What do you desire from such a discipline? It is important to understand you as a warrior, and as a person, if I am to teach you to fight."

He appraised her quickly, his mind's eye focusing on various things. She seemed civil, quick, sharp-tongued, young, and energetic. Perhaps she would make a good student--time was the only test to prove it either way. Still, it'd be interesting. But, the real interest was letting people reveal themselves. After all, this young one wanted the power of an Oppila, than she would have reasons for doing so. Probably.

[member="Jala Rekab"]

Jala smiled softly when he noted his willingness to come to such a place simply to train her in the arts of Teras Kasi. With his note of few students wanting to learn what he was a master of, Teras Kasi, Jala reminded herself of the reasons as to why she wished to learn it. After he landed before her, she stood straight and answered the middle aged Miraluka. "Well, I find the combat techniques utilized by Teras Kasi practitioners to be very interesting. Also, I wish to have the ability to shield my mind from those who would try to affect it with their mind tricks. And.." Jala paused for a moment before continuing. "I want to prove to myself that I can be more than just a simple, heat fearing Enso." Jala stated that last reason with such dedication that it was clear that she meant it.

He considered her statements. She desired less fear of the elements, more strength of mind. He nodded. It was a simple desire, in its nature. Btu htere was sincerity in her voice. She wanted strength--even if she didn't know what it meant yet. Good. He nodded. "Curiosity, the desire to abide, strengthening the will, defiance of one's supposed nature. Those are not bad places to start. Not at all. Elaborate on the last point. Why do you feel the need to separate yourself from 'a simple, heat-fearing Enso?' What is your aim within such a task?" He said, his voice staying the same relaxed, curious tone. There was a challenging motion in his posture, but he continued to stand before her, nodding.

There was more to this than simple curiosity and power, of that he was certain. Was there enough within her to seek the difference between strength and power, though? That was a hard question. One he'd find before he began this discipleship. He nodded. "Tell me, what does strength mean to you?"

[member="Jala Rekab"]

Jala blinked. There were so many answers she had to the question. She had to narrow it down to a few in fear of boring him. "You know what others call my people? Snowmen, Suitsluts, I dare not say the others. They don't think we are capable of anything because of our adaption to the cold. I want to prove them wrong. I want the people of the galaxy to know that being born an Enso, doesn't mean only time we are useful is when the air is colder than a wampa's ass." Jala said this with an essence of anger, but the anger was overshadowed by sheer determination and feeling. She meant every word she said.

"To me, strength is having the power to do something, knowing whether or not it's right to do it, then acting." Jala answered.

Vorhi grinned. For the first time in a while, he'd met someone who didn't flinch. Strong backbone, even if there was a chip on the kid's shoulder. "Names are part of being a near-human, I'm afraid. Take it from a 'blind, bumbling fool,' it happens," he said with a dismissive wave. "People will say you are weak because you are a healer. People will call you weak for forsaking the swords and ploys of a Jedi or a Sith over the mastery of Teras Kasi--for that discipline is to master the self. People will think you weak until they are shown otherwise--and you will watch their heads shake and jaws drop as your strength reveals itself."

He smirked, removing his outer cloak, leaving him a simple silk shirt and smiling as he stretched his limbs. "This is your optimal environment. Let's start with the basics. Take a few swings at me. You know what a good punch looks like? Show me one." He raised a hand and removed his hand sticking it in the soft snow. A simple fool with a blindfold. Let's see how the ice mystic handled himself.

[member="Jala Rekab"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom