Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Do you wanna build a saber?

Corso's master had business in Tatooine through Corso wasn't invited he managed to weasel his way into getting free transportation. Personally, he hated it here, the radical embrace of lawlessness reminded him of the streets of Corellia. Munching on a barely passible pastry from a local hawker he sat in the town center of Mos Eisely fiddling with a container with exotic glyphs, fake keyholes, and too many dials to count. The hands that were once soft were now calloused, his previous trial required him to get the makings of his lightsaber. He remembered returning to his master with bloody hands after breaking chunks of khyber crystals with limited tools. The reward for his hard work was the frustration of his master taking all of his scavenged components and locking them in this puzzle box.

Holding it one hand he took another bite of the stale pastry and chewed it thoughtfully. Finally, he set his snack down and gripped the oddity with both hands. As he began to fiddle it he could feel a benign presence through the force. Such things belonged to rodents and he didn't care, instead, he was trying another pattern to open up the box. The presence got closer and closer, the hair at the back of his neck began to rise. The box seemed to click as if it was about to open and when he tried to pull the loose compartment is tightened again. "Kark," he murmured the curse in Huttesse to himself. He could feel his face getting red with the frustration of that puzzle.

Suddenly there was a flourish as a fat Womp Rat dove for his pastry. He watched helplessly as the pest carried his pastry away, the heat continued to build upon his face. In frustration, he tossed the metal puzzle box before him with a dull clank. He hated the sand, hated the pests, hated that puzzle-box, and was beginning to hate his master. To be honest this was a better reaction than last week when Corso gave into his frustrations and tried to fire a salvo of blaster fire at the object. They instead ricochetted away, one bolt grazing him on his right rib. At night he could still feel the burn marks against his flesh.

Burying his face into his hands he began to massage his temples. The cadence of balance now beginning to hum within his mind's eye. The same cadence he chanted as a child... Peace and power are illusions, they're the same bound together by the force. Embrace both, treat them like a sword and shield, these are all-naturally powerful things. WIth power direct it to a goal, hedge peace as a way to level your power, that is the way of Bendu...

He took in a deep breath focusing on his frustration and now directing to the cause at hand, opening that KARKING box.

Last edited:
Tag: Corso Fanratta Corso Fanratta

Donne smarted. She wanted nothing more than to leave Tatooine as soon as time would allow. She felt it grew hotter the longer you stayed put, irrespective of the time of day. It was as if the humidity was linked intrinsically to the length of your visit and this visit was longer still than she had ever intended. She had stopped enroute to Naboo via Tatooine to pick up some diplomats or something. Joining the Knights Obsidian certainly had added another dimension to her already split loyalties; the crown of Illyria, her Master, Darth Malphas, and to this Confederacy she would be shackled to.

Her hand twitched by her side, fingers running on their tips in circles. A nervous habit, she felt it was her body's way of expelling excess energy without tearing somebody's head off. But she was an enforcer of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, arguably the most powerful military and political force in this corner of the galaxy.

Heck, the entire thing.

They were in the heart of Confederate territory and though it was open to outsiders still, after the Confederacy First edict had been passed, there was some distrust of anybody who made their presence unknown to the authorities, especially on a backwater like Tatooine. That was unfair, she thought herself. They've have to have water for that.

She made her way into the sun once again, the street filled with the hustle and bustle she had come to expect from these places. Everywhere was quite different to Illyria, she found. She didn't mind; there was something so stagnant about the old girl, as she fondly referred to the planet as. She gripped her saber, hidden by her side. She always checked it was still there in places such as this, incase of wandering hands that might need decapitating.

She looked at the various market stalls, all manner of goods being sold in all manner of languages by all manner of folk. She wasn't interested but it was a keen distraction from staring into the voids of space, listening to dull conversations about distant battles and wars. The New Imperials had invaded The Sith Empire.

Gossip gossip gossip

Buzz Buzz Buzz

She turned as quick as she could. Something had tapped her on the back of her neck. Like an electric pulse.

She blinked

She shook her vision and kept walking, her hand absent mindedly making its way to the hilt of her saber once again. Her black clothes were a little out-of-place in the tan palettes found on a planet where heat could spell death quickly. They served as gentle marker to anybody that pay her heed.
She could smell the Tarathian sweet meats that were being cooked and strung up on the vendor's stool, salivating at the thought. She thought better of it, knowing that dusty quality of the air around her but it did make her hungry. When had she last eaten properly?

Buzz Buzz Embrace Both, Treat Them Like A Sword Buzz Buzz

She came to a full stop this time. She paused, her head turning to her left. There, sat on the corner of an inconspicuous wall in a bland and unforgettable street was a young man. Young. Couldn't be more than 18, she thought. And he was muttering to himself.

Except he wasn't.

Oh.

She looked around and then spoke to the young man.

"Are you alright there? They say talking to oneself is a sure sign of madness. The spacers who live in the hyperlanes call it the Eerie Sickness."

Tatooine, a godforsaken world if indeed there was a god, for his good fortune he truly hoped not, he trudged through the heat of the planet's twin suns, both of them high in the sky making the heat especially unpleasant. Being ill-dressed for the weather he had long traded his battle armor for far less conspicuous attire, though on Tatooine no matter how well dressed you were in a black suit with a satin shirt it was the very definition of conspicuous. Fortunate for Talak though that he was not here to be covert, his presence fully hidden in the force he strode calmly through the main thoroughfare sticking to crowds where possible, as much for the young Knight to hone her skills as much as to keep his own sharp.

He moved silently through the crowd, the disturbances keeping more to double-takes and alien insults, none of which he paid any mind to as most creatures on this world were more than happy to steer clear of him he had the look of power of one that is more than capable of handling himself, he also projected a small aura of fear around himself just enough to keep people from lingering in their gaze upon him. Once he finally arrived near Donne Toulemonde Donne Toulemonde he released the force suppression and spoke as he walked up to her side.

“Found something of interest did you?” he spoke to her quietly from behind as he turned his eyes to the young man in front of him, the corner of his mouth lifting slightly as he gave a chuckle. In the old days he would have dragged the boy off to be trained as Sith, these days it was just amusing to see how this interaction would go.

He felt the vibrations of the force around him, they pushed out and began to caress the puzzle before him. He was so close to feeling every inch of the oddity before slowly releasing his power to begin unraveling the puzzle. That was before he felt the heavy shroud of Bogan near him, groaning he decided not to make any sudden moves, especially with the second being that had a larger aura of Bogan about him.

Corso's cheeks got Rosey as he heard the feminine voice. Without even looking at her he slowly picked up the puzzle and laid it on his lap. "I can feel both of your power," he said thoughtfully before turning his head to look at the two strangers. "I didn't mean to have a disturbing presence, " he said genuinely before pushing himself to his feet. "I was merely stuck in quite the enigma, my master after sending me out on a trial to get the components for my lightsaber decided to lock what I gathered into this hunk of garbage. It is the last step I need before I can begin my pilgrimage," he said as his eyes fell at first on the female and then her companion.

Corso wasn't used to socializing with women and tended to come off as bashful when around them. "The muttering, it's a simple mantra, I tend to lean towards Bogan like yourselves, at times it has gotten me out of trouble but my life is devoted to balancing both..." he felt kind of awkward he had never met those that channeled only Ashla and same with their counterparts who used Bogan. "I have a feeling that I need to be in a gnostic state in which I can fuze Ashla and Bogan to reach Bendu," he finished talking before awkwardly looking at the too. Their power was great and he could feel the miasma of the dark side caress his skin.

"How rude of me, my name is Corso," first extending his hand at the female. If she took it he would give a polite shake before giving the opportunity for the male to shake it. If they reached out they could feel a large link between the force that surrounded him with the Dark Side, between the fount of his power was the same sensation a skilled force user would get when feeling the flow of force from a Jedi.

"So uhh... How do you both like all of the sand and stuff," he asked awkwardly to break the silence.

Tag Talak Jenste Talak Jenste Donne Toulemonde Donne Toulemonde

Donne rolled her eyes internally. She didn't much heed the archaic monikers of the Force. She knew what the source of her power and it didn't involve stories of ancient moons; it involved a need for control, control over herself and anybody that might pose a threat to her. She listened to the kid talk. He was sweet.

"Sand has the power to destroy mountains, decimate waterways and even meld into the strongest of alloys." she paused.

She took him in.

"However, it gets very irritating when its in the bottom of your shoe."

She smirked at Talak, who she had found pretty humourless since their first encounter. She'd get him to laugh, someday.

"Perhaps, Corso, your determination to open the object is what's holding you back. Your singular focus blinds you to everything else about you. What do you think?"
she turned and tilted her head at Talak.

She quite enjoyed this new game; let's put Talak on the spot!

Talak Jenste Talak Jenste Corso Fanratta Corso Fanratta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom