Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do No Harm

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

Grumbling, Judah looked at the data readout streaming across his personal comm. He had just bought that shipyard on Fondor. Brand spanking new to his realm. Yet there was an invasion, then some Sith and Protectorate decided to get a little heated in the area. Lucky for him a good amount of the damage was done in air, not on the ground. Some of his shipworks had been a little messed up during all of this. The debated raged on whether to have insurance pay for it or let the expense be repaired out of pocket. He did have a baby on the way....but also a nice windfall from the HALCYON droid system.

Putting the comm away, Judah continued to wait on the outdoor platform on the Smugglers Moon. Now controlled by the Republic it didn't appear to him they had cleaned the streets up any more than the Black Sun. No matter.

Waiting on the platform with him was a small atmospheric shuttle. He was scouting for a new location today. A business he wasn't entirely sure about.

Anemone Nivalis

M.D., Expert Trauma Surgeon
She'd made a lot of dumb decisions in her life, but this one might actually be a smart one.

She'd received a proposal, a chance to have a hand in running a state of the art medical facility. It was something the young surgeon had dreamed of since she became a doctor, and obviously wasn't one she wanted to turn down. But meeting the one who had sent her the proposal was...sketchy, especially considering they were meeting on Nar Shaddaa. Which was as sketchy as it gets in her book. Nonetheless, she had to put that aside, at least for a bit. But she still strapped a blaster to her tight, right where anyone could see it. She might have been willing to meet up with someone, but she sure wasn't going to be stupid about it.

Seeing a figure near the end of a nearby platform, Anemone could only assume it was her contact. Sauntering towards him, she only wondered if had made a mistake in coming alone... "Hey! You the one waiting on a doctor?"

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Absorbed in checking messages on his comm, Judah didn't look up until the woman yelled. Something he really didn't expect from what he had been told was one of the greatest surgeons in the east end of the Galaxy. Sliding the comm into his pocket, he outstretched his hand in greeting at the approaching woman.

"Yes, about a medical center." He paused slightly before continuing. "Judah Dashiell, a pleasure to meet you Miss."

Anemone Nivalis

Well, it seemed he was indeed the her contact. Not too much to complain about, considering what she imagined she might have to deal with..

Stepping up to him, Anemone extended her hand out grasping the male's hand. "Nice to meet a seemingly friendly face. Anemone Nivalis, cardio and trauma surgeon. So, what's this I her about a medical center. I mean, opening one anywhere on this moon is....a shaky idea, at best. This place isn't exactly safe, even under Republic control. You'd be dealing with gangs, crime lords, pirates.... I really don't see how setting up a medical center on The Smuggler's Moon, of all places, is a bright idea."

"I appreciate you agreeing to this Doctor Nivalis."

Naturally, the womans concerns were valid.Concerns he himself had until he started thinking of solutions around the problem. The smugglers moon did have challenges unique all its own. Walking around to the side of the atmospheric cruiser, he motioned for her to follow. Opening the door for the Doctor, Judah continued to speak as he waited for her to enter the vehicle.

"We're right off the Mara Corridor. This corridor is now being policed by Firemane Industries under contract by Silk Holdings. Silk doesn't want their supply line cut short, I've talked to the owner personally, mainly about supplying us with bacta. However, I'm getting off topic. With the cleaning up of the corridor, more folks will be inclined to travel along it, see the sights, stop along the way. Traffic through here is astronomical. Its a gold mine."

"Also, who said we had to build on the moon? I've acquired a company recently, one that will let us do in-house production of components to build our very own orbital medical center. Your own floating medical paradise, free of the unsavory situations that occur planetside."

Anemone Nivalis

Well, at least he was a gentleman.

Anemone slid into the vehicle, sighing lightly as she watched him bounce to the other side and enter. Once in, he wasted no time as he began explaining the details of what he was planning. One this was for sure, this guy was all business. Which means he didn't want her, or want her dead. Both ways were a plus for her.

Hearing the name Firemane didn't surprise her in the least. Every since leaving the Republic, she always ended up being associated with certain people, whether she planned it or not. "Okay, so this area isn't as crazy as the rest of the moon. Doesn't really mean we'll be safe here. And just because there's a lot of credits that run through here doesn't mean.... Wait! Did you say orbital center? As is orbiting Nar Shaddaa?" Her mouth hung open as she watched him. Was such a thing even possible for the two of them? And how the hell was she supposed to afford to fund such a project? None of it was making any sense to her.

Keeping an eye on the atmospheric traffic, Judah glanced over to his passenger. The Doctor was watching him intently as they flew through the clouds. He flashed a small smile to the woman. She seemed stunned...or....confused. It was hard for him to pin down an emotion with the woman he has basically just met. Immediately the Doctor was worried about her safety among the Smugglers Moon. Not that Judah blamed her -- Bane had had tracked him down the to planet recently. It was still quite an outlawed world.

"You're right, safety is not guaranteed. " Judah paused slightly. " Yes, an orbital station. Now if you're worried about safety a different planet would be wise. I have holdings on the south end of the Galaxy....what do we have down there? Naboo? Beautiful planet, cultured. Sluis Van? Incredibly rich and filled to the brim with shipyards. Plenty of traffic that exits and enters there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom