Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need to sub it?

So I want to build a custom mask with special lenses to block out light and amplify vision.. It also has air purifiers and is made out of Terentatek bone and ultrachrome.

Do I need to build it and submit it for review?

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Per the rules.
  • Be aware that some items and materials are restricted or banned and cannot be used freely. Be sure to consult the list before making a submission.
As Ultrachrome is included on this list, generally speaking that means 'yes.'

The other general rule of thumb with the factory is 'if you think people might have questions about the capabilities of your special toy and if it could be unfair/abuseable, sub it.' This should be balanced against the old 'the factory is optional' mindset.

If you changed the material from Ultrachrome to something else, I'd say don't bother. But otherwise, because you have both a) a restricted material and :cool: possible ambiguities about what 'vision amplification' can do, I'd say yes.

Also this is the Codex subforum, and a mask like the above would need to be a Tech sub in the Factory.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] vision amplification roughly translates to a really awesome pair of glasses.... His mother was a Miraluka so Jayce has terrible vision and an extreme sensitivity to light

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

So this would also be a Factory Submission- not suited for Codex. I would suggest taking a look at the Factory rules, which will tell you the limits of the Restricted Materials list. i.e. you can submit that to Factory, but there are limits to the Production level. You do not have to 'obtain' the material, you just can't make things with it above a certain production level.

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

The first thing to note is that Factory and Codex submissions are entirely voluntary. However, as [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] mentioned, if you feel there is ever going to be a question of a doubt or someone will want to know the exact abilities of the mask then yes it's often worth getting it out there so that everyone knows what they're dealing with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom