Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Divs Have Been Banned

From having the following code in their CSS design. Please see the updated rule, in the roleplay rules.

Link for the lazy:

9. The following CSS attributes from the DIV bb code are now prohibited and may not be used.

a. background-attachment: fixed;

This was done because 1) its OVERUSED for POSTS. It's done on the website. Your background isn't meant to scroll with your post. I love being extra too, but it leads to 2) FPS drops, stuttering on browsers and low end browsers.

Divs going forward that include background-attachment CSS will be forcibly removed and the player's account warned, or if on multiple warnings, disciplinary action on their account.

Hey, so does this apply to any graphics? Like a header, or like some sort of div? Like these:

ZtcXRU8.png

sVcLMfm.gif

Nah gifs are fine and time honored tradition. Preferably not used as a background though for a div.

Specifically this is concerning the [ div ] bb code. If you don't use it, or know what it is, you are unaffected.

I speak old people. The fine young dude Darth Metus made me a purdy template (probably the only word I understand from MySpace times). I have no idea what CSS is, but I do have a background image in my template. If anyone would take a look at that for me and tell me what to dump, I would be thankful!

I speak old people. The fine young dude Darth Metus made me a purdy template (probably the only word I understand from MySpace times). I have no idea what CSS is, but I do have a background image in my template. If anyone would take a look at that for me and tell me what to dump, I would be thankful!
Yeah, at the very bottom of your div the background can be seen, and the foreground scrolls past it, while the background doesn't move. That would need to be fixed. Simple solution is just remove "background-attachment: fixed;" from the div.

Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé Actually, the most recent one you used looks fine. The one before that had that attachment. You use two different variant divs for posts?

My two different posts to the open thread with TSO? So the black text area is still ok to do, just the rose background image has to go? I actually did have it in every RP post, but the text area was just too wide to show it! I didn’t even realize it was in there until a few days ago when I tweaked the width.

Thank you!!

My two different posts to the open thread with TSO? So the black text area is still ok to do, just the rose background image has to go? I actually did have it in every RP post, but the text area was just too wide to show it! I didn’t even realize it was in there until a few days ago when I tweaked the width.

Thank you!!
It doesn't have to go, just needs to not be fixed. If you send me the code you're using, I can play with it a bit. Alter it just a bit, see if you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom