Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Division-Class Dropship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch Mahan

Si vis pacem, para bellum
barge13.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a dropship to use for the soon to come Imperial Remnant Planetary Assault Carrier
  • Image Source: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=593
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Development Thread: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Imperial Remnant
  • Model: Division Class Dropship
  • Affiliation: Imperial Remnant
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel, Computer Components, Flexisteel, Titanium, Tungsten
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Dropship
  • Length: 140 Meters
  • Width: 55 Meters (Wings Extended) 40 Meters (Wings Retracted)
  • Height: 27 Meters
  • Armament: 4
    ​4 Quad Laser Cannons
  • 2 Anti-Missile Octets
  • 2 Dual Turbolaser Cannons

[*]Defenses: 8
[*]Hangar: N/A
[*]Maneuverability Rating: 9
[*]Speed Rating: 6
[*]Hyperdrive Class: N/A
Special Features:

• Standard Deflector Shields
  • Standard Reactor
  • Standard Life Support
  • IMP-NavCos I
  • Standard Navigational System
  • Standard Weapons System
  • Standard Damage Control System
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Ablative Heat Shields
Strengths:
+Very Fast
+Efficient Troop Transport
Weaknesses:

-Unmaneuverable for its size
-Low Ammunition Stores

Description:

• The Division Class Dropship was specifically designed to become apart of the in development Planetary Assault Carrier, the Deterrent Class. Its design is unique in that its design is highly compatible with the Deterrent Class prototypes, and will be an essential addition to the Imperial Fleet, as it lacks home designed transport craft. The Division Class is the first of many military transports to be designed not only for the Deterrent Class, but for many other purposes in the Imperial Navy. Its design was the product of several Navy researchers as the Naval headquarters on Kamino.
  • Crew: 90
  • Passenger Capacity: 610 (Troops)
  • Vehicle Capacity: Four Small Walkers
  • Cargo Capacity: 110 Metric Tons
  • Consumables: 2 Days

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Butch Mahan"]

400 troops on a ship the size of a corvette strikes me as very low. For reference, the San Antonio-class Transport Ship carries around 700 marines and 350 sailors, and caps in at right around 200m long.

Just reading this it appears to me to be imagined as either a much smaller dropship style vessel, or carry a lot more troops, especially given that thing is extremely under-armed for its size, you're well within grounds to modify it either way. I could be wrong on both counts, but let me know what you're thinking.

Butch Mahan

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Interesting, I was using Star Wars Legends examples for comparison, which are a lot smaller than IRL scale for how many troops can be carried. But if you give me the go ahead, I will be more than happy to expand the complement.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

(P.S. Here are some examples for comparison: [1] and [2])

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Butch Mahan"]

Yep, have at it. I would say you could increase the troop complement to 600 or so and double the walkers, but make a note that with four walkers the troop complement decreases by a couple hundred or so.

Or something like that, whatever works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom