Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Disruptor Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
halo_reach_-_model_8_sp_laser.png

Image Source: http://storiesbywilliams.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/halo_reach_-_model_8_sp_laser.png
Intent: To recreate a canon item and bring it up to date
Development Thread: na
Manufacturer: Titan industries
Model: Disruptor Cannon
Affiliation: The One Sith
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel and other disruptor parts
Classification: Disruptor
Size: Shoulder mounted
Length: 1.4m
Weight: 12kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 2
Effective Range: 800m
Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features: It superheats the surface it hit`s, which cause it not just to disintegrate but exploded as well. Also built in targeting computer.
Description: This Was originally a weapon used in the great sith wars, but had been brought up to date by titan industries for the one sith. It capable of blowing holes into tanks, walkers and alsorts of heavily armoured machines.

A disruptor cannon is a vicious and devastating weapon that would disintegrate part of it`s target. As it tears apart it target, and due to excess heat, that target has tendency to explode. Though the explosion is mostly harmless due to it being mostly ash and dust. due to the molecular bonds of the target being destroyed. The weapon itself is power by a standard powercell, this is major cause of weapon drain. As you can only get couple disruptor shot`s from this type of power cell. This takes time, and fully competent user would need at least thirty seconds to do so. So it should only be used where cover is available, otherwise you be out in the open. The weapon itself needs to be mounted on the shoulder, to be of any use due to its weight. It also has a built in targeting computer, to help it make snapshots at the enemy. Can be used on infantry, but it consider a little over kill, and only someone who not quite a full shilling would consider doing this.

Harley said:
It superheats the surface it hit`s, which cause it not just to disintegrate but exploded as well.
This is under review, but I need this to be clarified. What can't it burn through? Why does it explode? What kind of ammunition is this thing using?

@Me when done.

[member="Harley"]

[member="Harley"]

The canon version that you referenced never specified. I'd like many more details to be added:
  • The description of the ammunition, why it's that way, and how it effects targets.
  • Drop the range some. Rocket launchers were never really able to fly over a kilometer.
@Me when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom