Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diska Merci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Diska Merci

Region: The edge of hutt controlled territory

System: Dagraw System

Suns: Merci (white dwarf)

Orbital Position: The largest moon orbiting Gaz

Moons: Small mining and processing station for the the planet below. It also serves as a docking station ships that can’t enter atmosphere

System Features: There is an asteroid belt around the sun where the closest planet in the system used to be. This promoted the planet from Gaz II to just Gaz.

Rotational Period: 16.5 hours
Orbital Period: 5.4 earth years

Class: The planet below is a small gas giant. The moon is terrestrial.
Diameter: 3238.8 mile diameter

Atmosphere: Atmosphere type One

Climate: It rains every night the moisture in the air condensing in the cold of the dark. The water filters quickly down into the underground lakes where it is heated and pumped back into the atmosphere during the day. Day time is hot and dry as the moisture is brought into the upper atmosphere. The light is sometimes reflected of the planet below increasing the light from sunset to full day every now and then.

Gravity: Due to the intensity of the mineral deposits the gravity varies between .84 standard and 1.37 standard at its most extremes.

Primary Terrain: Mostly grassland plateaus with hot spring oasis deserts speckled across the landscape.

Native Species: Mercerian grass and insects. No sentient life. Mercerian mites feed on the salt rich blood of larger creatures. Their bites are very small and only occasionally bleed but are visible and look like small pockmarks on the skin. Incredibly irritating but nonlethal in all cases. Mercerian grass is a very effective weed and good food for most plant eating species of cattle. The plant tends to drain mineral content in exchange for the calories given so it is necessary for the cattle to drink from mercerian salt oasis regularly.

Immigrated Species: A mix of human and various farming cultures.

Primary Languages: Galactic standard basic, with various phrases from other languages popping in to say hello. A distinct accent has developed.

Government: An Oligarchy with each fief having a provisional government appointed by the land owner.

Population: .5 billion. very sparsely populated in certain areas with very few cities.

Demonym: Mercerian

Major Imports: Cattle raising equipment and mining gear.

Major Exports: Mercerian Salt, Cattle, Meats, Animal byproducts.

Affiliation: Officially a republic colony. In reality owned by the Hutts.

Major Locations: Petit Merci is the biggest city on the planet. This is where the only atmosphere leaving ships dock. Other wise there are small company towns dotting the landscape.

Culture: Old west style with evil landowners, cattle stealing brigands and out of luck prospectors. Everybody there has the manifest destiny vibe.

Technology: While the moon has decent technology its culture is that of the old west. Competition in land ownership is fierce and leads to a bending of the law in almost everyone if not the down right breaking if it.

History: Originally purchased By a young ambitious spice headed Hutt for the sole purpose of growing and mining various forms of spice. It was soon discovered that the Mercerian Salt was too volatile to transport in solid form making it outrageously expensive to ship appropriate quantities for drug use. Also to his dismay the local plant and bug population was too aggressive and destroyed any invading plant species with extreme prejudice. Embarrassed by his bad purchase he sold it to the republic as a ranching colony. Once it was discovered that Mercerian salt had medicinal properties mining companies moved in.

Mercerian Salt: Mercerian salt is a wonderfully unique substance. It collects underground lakes and hot springs. The plant life will filter and use the salt for sustenance breaking down it properties so that Diska Merci’s surface is actually salt free which leads to problems as salt is necessary for life. Only in special oasis deserts can the salt be found for available ingestion in small quantities which means the cattle drivers on the planet have to move the cattle from oasis to oasis for them to get the salt content they need. When in solid form Mercerian Salt can be used as an ingredient in explosives but only after being ground fine. If shipped in solid form in large quantities it is not unknown for the cargo to grind against itself and produce small to very large explosions. In liquid form it is a mild hallucinogenic and acts very much the way alcohol does and is served as such in local cantinas. Liquid mining techniques are necessary to mine the solid form while drilling techniques are used to mine the liquid form (I have been using liquid form. This is meant to be water soluble form. it is dissolved in a liquid solution it is not actual in its liquid state.)

Notable PCs: [member='Sor'row Fae']

Intent: This planet was created to give additional background for my character Sor’row Fae. Once i started however it was hard to stop so i kept going and created an old west roleplaying ground for people that like that sort of thing. I might make a map eventually but i doubt it.

[member="Sor'row Fae"]

Hola.

Quick question, I looked for the Dagraw System but could not find it in Wookiepedia. Are you trying to create a custom planet? It looks that way, I just want to be sure I'm not reading incorrectly and this is some moon sub for a canon planet or the like.

Oh absolutely made up. I was gonna put it in the make your planet area but the format didn't fit so i just put it here. Completely made up for my characters personality and back ground.

[member="Sor'row Fae"]

This actually should be in planets. You will also need to sub the salt as well separately in tech and have it approved before the planet is approved.

[member="Delila Castillon"]
Ok thanks for the advice. I haven't been on long and the whole idea just sprouted in about 20 minutes or so. Not much time to apply properly where I should put everything. I'll try and correct it as soon as possible.

[member="Sor'row Fae"]

No worries. Just copy and paste this into planets. Then expand it out a bit. Think of this as a Wookiepedia entry. Others will be wanting to visit your planet, so make it to where they know all about it. Major locations requires a paragraph minimum per location. History would also need at least two more paragraphs. What happened before the Gulag Virus? During it?

Just some stuff to think about. I am doing to lock and archive this. Not being denied, just having OP move this to planets and start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom