Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Directorate foundations - Lucerne/Mon Cal Contract meeting 1

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Reshmar walked out onto the platform high atop his corporate villa. The mist from the ocean below revitalized him as its warm damp moisture assailed his senses. The Lucerne shuttle had come into sight and was rapidly moving to the platform and the awaiting Admiral Reshmar. He and his two aids watched as the Shuttle circled around and moved in to land. The ship settled down with a wift of wind from its rapid decent then a calm quiet settled over the platform. Reshmar and his said walked closer to the craft as the ramp lowered and Admiral Gir Quee descended to the platforms deck.

"Welcome admiral, I am glad you could make it to Dac for this meeting. I am sorry I could not meet you at the main star port, but I had pressing business here that would not allow me. Would you join me for a meal after our meeting. My personnel chef will be preparing some local cuisine for you and your retinue to sample."

Gir walked down the Remember Hast's ramp to look around. He had never been to the legendary world of Dac, though he expected it to be a lot like his homeworld of Hast, given the environment and predominance Mon Calamari culture. Yet he could already see more pronounced differences in the structures than he would have originally thought otherwise. While the world was new to him, the face at the bottom of the ramp wasn't. Gir let a smile creep across his face as the mon calamari spoke to him. Local food does sound pretty good... He pondered the autochef meals he had eaten on the shuttle. While not terrible cuisine, there always seemed to be something lacking in the machine-produced food.

Gir nodded in acknowledgement to Admiral [member="Reshmar"]'s thoughts.

"That sounds excellent," mused the blonde man, finally stepping foot on the platform, "I'm afraid that aside from my astromech and accounting droid, it'll just be me. But in their defense, they've been surprisingly good dinner company..."

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar barked a laugh at Gir's comment and reached out to grab his friend's hand. He shook Girs hand with his webbed fingered palm, and released it motioning to a doorway at the edge of the landing platform. He then noticed the aforementioned droids descending the shuttles ramp. He looked at his aid and nodded to the droids now moving into position near Gir.

"I will see to it your droids are taken care of as well. I assure you they will be pampered." said the Mon Calamari Admiral. He turned to walk to the lift door and paused waiting for Gir to walk up beside him.

"I am honored you get to tour my home. Well it is as much a home as I have here on Dac. Like you my home is on the bridge of a ship. But now my responsibilities have me here a large portion of the time as well. I am sure you Understand how that is." said Reshmar as the two men walked across the platform to the lift.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir nodded in understanding at Admiral [member="Reshmar"]'s words. Gir himself had managed to avoid the infamous "desk" for much of his career until recently, but it had taken more skill and politicking than he would have liked to get rid of it. As much as he had disliked the post, it did have some perks, and there were times recently when that he wished that he had a groundside office just to escape to. A case of the grass is always greener perhaps? He shook the thoughts from his head as he focused on the surroundings at hand. I might as well enjoy the surroundings at hand while I can...it may be a long time before I'm back here again.

"Unfortunately it seems like most civilization is terrestrially based," mused Gir, "but it seems that you've found a good place to be if it's not on a starship..."

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar nodded and and motioned for [member="Gir Quee"] to follow him into a side room. The group walked into the formal dining room and Reshmar gestured for Gir to sit.

"Have a seat Admiral." Reshmar said as he himself walked to the head of the table and sat down. Three Mon Calamari came into the room and began laying out silver wear and glasses for a meal. Reshmar watched Admiral Quee as he walked around the table and took a seat. His attendants immediately setting his place and pouring water into a glass.

"I must admit admiral, I do have alternate intentions here but there is no need to get into that until after diner. Please enjoy" Said Reshmar as he took the glass of water and sipped from it. A second glass sat beside his water glass and Reshmar motioned for an attendant to fill it.

"I do not drink often but I do enjoy this fragrant liquor the Quarren make. For all the strife and history with them we have had they had always been better then us at making alcohol." Reshmar said with a laugh. He waited for the glass to be poured and took a sip from that glass. "Please try some if you like. It has a slightly pungent after taste from a deep water lichen they use, but it smooths out and is very nice." said Reshmar as he took a second sip.

Gir felt a twinge of awkwardness as he scooted his chair closer to the other admiral's table. For many months, he had hosted weekly dinners with the Obi-Wan Kenobi's division chiefs and the ship captains of his task force, but he was finding the experience a bit different as a guest. He eyed the quarren-made liquor. At base chemical level, he knew that all alcohol was the same, yet how that chemical was produced and what it was mixed with did make for an extraordinary variety of flavors and taste. His sapphire blue eyes rested on the alcohol's vessel as he contemplated whether to be adventurous or not.

"I'd like to try it," decided Gir, "I'm afraid that I'm usually a creature of habit, and I don't think I've tried a new drink in a couple of months; I think that the last one I tried was an Emerald from Lantillies..."

[member="Reshmar"]

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar smiled and took a drink of the odd liquor. He did not drink often, He found alcohol hard for his body to process. But such a meeting as this warranted it. He sat the glass down and waited for Gir to finish his statement.

"I have not sampled any of the Lantillies offering. I may have my staff order a case." Reshmar said taking one last sip from his glass. The food arrived and he ate a bite or two not wanting to be rude. He knew the human, like himself, were restricted in the time they could spend here. Both had many hats and both had businesses which would not afford them long dinners. He wanted to rest and enjoy the meal like he did not have twenty other things demanding his attention.

"I hope the food is satisfactory." Reshmar said moving the conversation along.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir held down some sort of variety of cephalopod down with his fork and began to thinly slice it with his knife. He had grown up eating mostly sea food, but he was still amazed at the variety of sea food available in the galaxy. He guessed that there was probably more variety in foods that came from the sea than came from the land, and he'd never likely be able to taste them all. While the squid's texture itself seemed to be what he had expected, he was surprised by the spiciness of the sauce that it swam in. Gir savored it briefly before swallowing it and turning his attention to Admiral [member="Reshmar"].

"It is excellent," said the blonde man, "I'm tempted to steal your chef. But I think that Salmakk and his engineers would prefer to see me back at Hast with something else. Mon Calamari ships seem to have always been legendary for their robust shielding technology...Lucerne Labs is looking to acquire some of Mon Calamari Shipyard produced shield generators for one of our frigate models that's currently in development. Would it be possible to set up a steady supply of this technology with which to outfit these frigates?"

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar took one last drink from his glass then sat it to the side. He had known Girs interest in the shield technology and had already set up a presentation for him.

"Ah yes, I had already worked this out. I had heard from an engineer who had been dealing with someone from Lucerne the past few weeks on shield technology." Reshmar transmitted a packet from his pad to Girs then spoke again. "This is a new line of commercially available dual redundancy shield generators our engineers are adapting from our latest shield technology. This is based on a new quad redundancy system we are working on. It uses multiple generators to overlap and reinforce each other during battle." Said Reshmar as he noticed Gir picking up his data pad.

"These will be available soon, I believe these are what you are looking for. They are robust and have far better power consumption than the older standard triple redundancy Shielding." Said Reshmar reaching for his glass again and taking a drink. He sat the glass down again and waited on Gir to look over the files.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir slowly scrolled through the files, taking in every aspect of the design's details. Gir knew that such technology was highly prized by the Mon Calamari and coveted by other starship designers, including some engineers in Lucerne Labs. His adopted brother probably would be surprised and curious about the new quad redundant shielding, but Gir guessed that this new technology would both whet his appetite for a moment and would more than suffice for the new frigate design that was currently in the works. The potential power-savings from the device compared to the older shielding would open up some design avenues that Salmakk had previously thought unworkable with the traditional triple redundacy. More available power could mean more weapons, better engines...His mind briefly drifted off to consider how that would affect the balance of a design. Getting just the right balance of properties to make an effective design could be tricky, but with one piece of the puzzle figured out, Lucerne would be closer to finalizing the Delphin class. Gir set down the datapad to look up at Admiral [member="Reshmar"]

"This looks promising," said Gir, "when will we be able to start taking deliveries?"

ADM. Reshmar

Reshmar picked up a pad and looked through some data. He scrolled over the current manufacturing schedule and found the first production run for the new double redundancy model shields.

"It will be twelve weeks. our first production run has already been sold. We offered our investors first run. Our second run will be ready and shipped in twelve weeks. " Reshmar said sitting his pad back on the table. The meeting had another porpose which was as important as the contract. One which threatened the Directorate and the entire Calamari sector.

"Now that that is out of the way, I have news from my agents who infiltrated the pirates. It is not good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom