Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Directional Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
9TIVgY0.gif
Image Source: Dr. Light, DC Comics

Intent: To have a third in the focusing crystals line for jedi to be able to use
Development Thread:

• [x] - Tested
Manufacturer: Sasori Research
Model: Focusing Crystal
Affiliation: Private Market
Modularity: Can be used in equipment
Production: Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs)

Material:
  • Focusing Crystal
Classification: Palmshot
Size: Handheld
Length: 63.5 millimeters
Weight: .5kg
Ammunition Type: Force Energy (requires connection to force to use)
Ammunition Capacity: Based on the stamina and force connection of the one using it
Effective Range: 2.5m

Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features:
  • Small concealable gem
  • Channels force energy
Description: Made as a small and fractionally strong version of the main focusing crystals. The palm sized gem is designed for use in equipment allowing the force to be focused.. These crystals are built to focus and channel outwards the force energies within the one holding it. The solari crystals of the others are not present allowing it to focus the lightside of the force. Instead it blasts off a beam of force energy to push back and strike at those it is aimed at allowing the jedi to create some breathing room or knock down and stun a target. Similar to a very strong force blast but more focused into a smaller area. The crystals range is not nearly as far as its stronger and larger versions created for the jedi to be able to use. THe range roughly half as far as the underbarrel crystals at around three meters. The further it goes and more it can dissipate producing a weaker shot should it strike something.
Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Orihime Ike said:
9TIVgY0.gif
Image Source: Dr. Light, DC Comics​

Intent: To have a third in the focusing crystals line for jedi to be able to use
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Sasori Research
Model: Focusing Crystal
Affiliation: Private Market
Modularity: Can be switched into the Tora'Yor
Production: Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs)
Material:
  • Focusing Crystal
Description: Made as a small and fractionally strong version of the main focusing crystals. The palm sized gem is designed for the Tora'Yor a jedi glove to hold different crystals and gems for select attributes. These crystals are built to focus and channel outwards the force energies within the one holding it. The solari crystals of the others are not present allowing it to focus the lightside of the force. Instead it blasts off a beam of force energy to push back and strike at those it is aimed at allowing the jedi to create some breathing room or knock down and stun a target. Similar to a very strong force blast but more focused into a smaller area. The crystals range is not nearly as far as its stronger and larger versions created for the jedi to be able to use. THe range roughly half as far as the underbarrel crystals at around three meters. The further it goes and more it can dissipate.
Primary Source:
The Sasori Tora'Yor submission specifically states it is used for tutaminis and does not actually redirect or project force energy a la force lightning (or some similar use of the force). I realize this is an expansion of that submission, but that submission needs to be updated or otherwise resubmitted in order for it to be specifically compatible with this submission as it states that it has no modularity in the submission for the glove.
Model: Tora'Yor
Affiliation: Invisible Market
Modularity: No
Production: Semi Unique

Orihime Ike said:
Made as a small and fractionally strong version of the main focusing crystals. The palm sized gem is designed for the Tora'Yor a jedi glove to hold different crystals and gems for select attributes. These crystals are built to focus and channel outwards the force energies within the one holding it. The solari crystals of the others are not present allowing it to focus the lightside of the force. Instead it blasts off a beam of force energy to push back and strike at those it is aimed at allowing the jedi to create some breathing room or knock down and stun a target. Similar to a very strong force blast but more focused into a smaller area.
Do you have any canon examples of a crystal being used to directly apply the force like this? A light gun and similar weaponry will not apply as they use other pieces of technology, components, and the force to create their ammunition, this is entirely different and is literally just the force channeled through a crystal.

Are you considering this a weapon, or ammunition/components to a weapon? You state this is to enable the use of projected force blasts for the Tora'Yor, but later on in the description you specifically designate range and other things that a weapon (such as the Light Gun or your Underbarrel light blaster) would contain. If this is a standalone weapon, please update the submission to follow the Ranged Weapon template. Otherwise please reformat this so that it is clear that this only allows the Tora'Yor (perhaps as an updated submission?) to be upgraded into such a weapon.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

edited the formatting as yeah this is meant as the small weapon that can be used.

as for other canon... not really. The light blaster is the closest thing which uses crystals and channels energy through it as the power source. There is in the star wars adventure game books that have a chance for Anakin finding strange things. It was a make your own adventure D&D style game for elementry school students from scholastic.... but given how you can change the stories in there not a really strong source of canon.

and submitted the submission mod, I was hoping to submit it with one or two others but that is alright.

[member="Orihime Ike"]
Alrighty, well, I am of the mind that with enough development anything within reason is possible, so I'm willing to overlook the lack of a canon basis in this specific instance if enough development is provided for the final product.

Looking at limited production I'm going to be asking for somewhere between fifteen and twenty-five posts of development, no edits necessary. Any production below that and ten or so posts is fine.

[member="Orihime Ike"]
I'm going to approve this and suggest that if any major changes need to be made in the future that a new submission is considered or looked into, as this is fairly non-standard from canon.

Pending secondary.
[member="Spencer Varanin"] [member="Cira"]

[member="Orihime Ike"]
It was brought to my attention that I forgot about the status of the glove this is being submitted for! My apologies, but I'm going to keep this in the factory until necessary changes or a new submission are made for it. (See the Technology Modifications thread reply to your request for the changes. Linked Here)

Alternatively if you want to make this a standalone submission that would be acceptable, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom