Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner and a Chiss

With: [member="Cryax Bane"]

Lorraei paced through the interior of his AT-360 Light Freighter. A wondrous craft really. The sheer customizability of the ship had captured Ray's interest the moment he had seen the vessel. The ship's hold had been reformed, providing dozens of small hidden chambers. Some were nothing more than decoys in the event someone gained access to his ship while he was away. Others, well, the hidden rooms had a wide variety of uses. As for the passenger areas, they to had been stripped down and refurbished to meet Lorraei's personal taste.

What once consisted of five bedrooms, a common room, a bathing room and a kitchenette, had been almost completely remodeled. The kitchenette remained largely unchanged. The bathing room was larger, able to accommodate multiple persons if ever the need arose. Two of the bedrooms had been turned into a master suite, complete with a king sized canopy bed and a mini bar. The rest of the interior had been converted to a grandiose apartment.

When one entered the vessel, they would find Lorraei's bedroom to the left. Along the right wall was a fully stocked bar, although "bar" might be to gracious a term. The bar was actually little more than a long counter with several shelves of liquors above it. Glasses and cups of almost every variety sat in neat racks along the counter. A small refrigerator was hidden behind a false panel in the counter's face.

Small tables and luxurious divans were scattered about the apartment with no apparent pattern. The floor was covered in carpets and small rugs, each one was of an intricate design. The walls featured finely woven tapestries and seemingly expensive paintings. In the center of the room was the main table, which was recessed into the floor.

Here and there incense burned filling the room with a the light scent of Lilac and Jasmine. Lorraei stepped into the kitchenette briefly to check on the collection of ingredients he had prepared for dinner. The water for the greeting ceremony was ready.

"Well then. It's only a matter of time now." Ray checked the Datalogger strapped to his arm. Any minute now his newest client would be arriving.

It wasn't a strange thing for Cryax Bane to be paying for companionship. The rich, Chiss slicer usually had a rotating contingent of male sapients who specialized in servicing men like him. What was unusual was the type of companionship for which he was paying. Today’s meeting wasn’t going to be just a wham, bam, thank you, man-left-your-credits-on-the-dresser-arrangement. In fact, Bane wasn't even sure if there would be any physical enjoyment to be pursued in this first meeting, although a man could hope. The Oiran Guild, a business steeped in highly-regarded traditions, offered well-educated and cultured company for only the richest in the galaxy. Choosy companions expected their clients to be on their very best behavior. None of the spice-induced, erratic outbreaks that Bane was sometimes known for would be tolerated.

Cryax had enemies from the Mara Corridor to the Tingel Arm, and as he took a shuttle to the light freighter where he would be meeting his potential companion, Lorraei, the thought did occur to him that maybe he was walking into a trap, but from what he had heard about the Oiran Guild, they vetted their companions thoroughly and trained them rigorously. If the guild hired a companion who turned out to be an underworld mole, his identity would be unveiled and he would promptly be removed from the roster of registered companions. The Guild had a sparkling reputation to uphold, after all.

The Chiss was dressed in his usual upscale finery, an expertly tailored, two-piece pinstriped suit, made of rich fabrics that befit someone with his kind of wealth. Now that he was running with the Coruscant Underground, he no longer considered himself to be a common crime boss. Ruled by a council, the CRC had no internal hierarchy, so Bane kept it simple and when registering to become an Oiran Guild client, marked his occupation down as “businessman.” With the CRC’s involvement in some of the most heinous types of crime in the galaxy, like human trafficking and organ theft, Bane hoped that his job would be a “don’t ask, don’t tell” subject.

His shuttle docked itself in the freighter’s landing bay, and the ramp opened, letting Bane out to stretch his limbs. He was flanked by two Mirari Bodyguard droids, and packing heat of his own. He knew that he might be end up being asked to disarm himself, but until he was sure the situation was safe, the ever-paranoid Chiss would keep his blaster in his holster.

[member="Lorraei"]

The Datalogger pinged once. Lorraei glanced down at his left wrist to be certain which alarm it was detecting. The proximity sensors along the hull of his AT-360 informed him of the shuttle which had just arrived. With a smile he turned off the device and made his way to the loading ramp of his vessel.

Lorraei glided down the ramp, his red and purple robes whispering in the breeze. He took note of the large droids accompanying his guest but didn't spare them a second glance. He had eyes only for the dashing Chiss before him. Lorraei swept a deep bow before the man and spoke in Cheunh, "Greetings [member="Cryax Bane"]. Please enter and be welcome in my humble home."

Straightening, Lorraei flashed a winning smile. The dimples of his cheeks showed and there was nothing false in his demeanor. The Desert Fox was genuinely excited by the arrival of his newest client. Ray gestured toward the ramp, leaving the choice to his guest. Enter at your leisure or enter arm in arm as most did. Either way, Cryax was shown inside to be seated at the center sunken table.

A man who was presumably Lorraei approached Cryax at the loading ramp. Wrapped in lavish fabrics of purple and red, he greeted the Chiss in nearly perfect Cheunh, which was impressive for a human or near-human that didn’t hail from Csilla. Bane had viewed Lorraei when he was Holo-called about the appointment, but the flickering blue representation did little justice to the man who smiled before him. Lorraei’s beauty was like a dream. Long wavy hair. Sun-kissed skin. Eyes with satiny black pupils. Perking up, the Chiss ran his fingers through his blue-black hair and returned the other man’s easy grin.

“Thank you for seeing me.” He extended a hand as he purred. "You must be Lorraei."

Bane used to be a nervous man, but that man was long dead, killed by time, suffering, and a ruthless thirst for power over the criminal underworld. Even so, the Chiss felt an edge of apprehension as questions nagged his brain. Was Lorraei aware of the horrible things Bane did on a daily basis? Would the other man be repulsed by his lack of morals, or the black hole where his heart should be? What was it about him that made a companion like Lorraei choose him as a potential client? Cryax suddenly felt something he didn't feel that often in the Coruscant Underworld. He felt like he was about to be judged.

He made his way into the companion’s living room and politely took a seat at the sunken table, his glowing red eyes scanning the room, lingering for a few moments on the bottles of liquor. Lifting a hand, he signaled for his security droids to stand down, and the metal soldiers dutifully marched into the corners of the room where they waited unobtrusively. Then the usually vain crime lord turned to Lorraei, his brow furrowed in a complicated expression, something that passed for a mixture of sheepishness and self-doubt.

“So how much do you know about me?”

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei's gaze turned down to the extended hand, and his smile deepened. Curious. Odd really. Not many cared to shake hands with a Companion. After all, so many viewed companions as little more than expensive whores. Without much more than a moment's pause, Ray traded grips with the handsome Chiss. A solid grip without crushing his hand, a moment of eye contact and Lorraei showed his guest inside. "Quite right, mister Bane. Please feel free to call me Ray."

Trivial thoughts fluttered through his mind as the pair went in. Thoughts of how intense and bottomless those glowing ruby eyes were. Near captivating actually. Thoughts of what his golden skinned fingers would look like spread across a plane of blue flesh. Ray dispelled the thoughts with a slight shake of his head.

Once Cryax was seated, Lorraei moved to the long counter. Every motion was carried out with extravagant grace and an elegant slowness. Tranquil, yet confident. He returned to the table bearing a wooden serving tray. Ray set a cup before his guest and knelt beside the man as he poured tea into said cup. Again every motion was precise and fluid. The question caught him off guard and Ray simply looked up at his guest. Puzzled momentarily.

"Ah well, let's see. I know your a cautious man. Owing to your security. Most leave their guards outside you know? Even the mechanical ones."

Lorraei rose and moved to sit opposite his guest. Pouring tea for himself.

"I know that should I follow your gaze I would be looking at the seven year whiskey. Or was it the unopened brandy?"

Lorraei flashed his fine smile once more.

"Or do you mean to say, what do I know of the man [member="Cryax Bane"]? If that is your question, well, let's say I know many things mister Bane. I know, for instance, that you are surprisingly brilliant with computers. Far more than I am, at any rate."

He paused to sip his tea, savoring the bold spicy flavors. A small hum of pleasure left him as he set he cup down.

"You have told me something else with your question. You see normally my client and I would enter and sit. I would pour tea and ask if they would like milk or sugar. Then I would act coy. Causally offering honey that goes well with my stronger teas. Often they are quite, reserved, unsure. Usually I tell them something like, I am sure you have reservations and questions. Please don't be afraid to ask anything you desire. Your comfort is of the utmost importance."

Lorraei paused, smiling. For a moment Ray wondered if Cryax cared that he had undermined the tea ceremony. Ultimately it was of little consequence. The conversation was often more important than the ceremony.

"Not you though, mister Bane. You didn't hesitate. Didn't pause. It speaks of a man accustomed to getting what he desires. Accustomed to dictating the pace of conversations. I like that, don't worry."

Lorraei's smile took on a mischievous quality.

"So please continue. I like questions. It helps us gauge one another. Learn one another."

Cryax watched Ray move through his ship with the slow and practiced gestures of the tradition he was taught. The way the hot tea dribbled into the cup, the way the other man seated himself with a dancer’s grace, everything spoke of the companions’ subtle parade, a soothing show for nervous clients. Such a delicate ceremony seemed an unlikely prelude to something more carnal, but he supposed it catered to a certain type of clientele. One that didn’t run the streets of the Coruscant Undercity, and put more stock in rites and rituals.

When Ray spoke of the Chiss’ brilliance with computers, he couldn’t help but smile into the compliment. Flattery got you everywhere with Cryax Bane, and he never got tired of drinking in others’ praise, to plump excess.

So Ray knew about his computer skills. Since the Chiss’ slicing went hand-in-hand with his criminality, that was enough to tell Bane that the other man knew who he was and what he was capable of. His companion might have not been fully briefed on the recent depths of his depravities (organs plopping into cryogenic containers, shock collars clamping around trembling necks) but it seemed he knew enough to know that he was consorting with a very bad man. The fact that they were still meeting meant that Ray was presumably unruffled by his profession, and Cryax found that admirable. Credits were credits after all, and Ray had a job to do. Still, he thought about the fact that the two men were balanced on opposite ends of the spectrum, one bringing pleasure, the other bringing pain, and he smiled at the irony of it.

The knowing grin that crossed the other man’s face, engulfed the room in an easy warmth, a feeling that Cryax didn’t quite know what to do with. His recent partnerships were mainly vulgar one night stands. Then there was [member="Nejaa Niynx"], his reluctant prize, one whose fate was still unsorted. Bane did not have easy relationships. He had all but forgotten what it was like to simply talk to someone without conditions attached. He could see himself grabbing the other man’s long black hair by the fistful, more clearly than baring his own soul. However, a question did present itself behind his red alien orbs.

“Out of all of the potential clients you could entertain, why did you choose me, Ray?”

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei laughed light heartedly. He had not been sure how Cryax would react to his seeming wealth of knowledge about the Chiss. More questions surely was a step in the appropriate direction. Like so many other things Ray pictured a game of chess between the two men. Pawn to king four. Open strong, draw them out from behind the wall. The only question that really needed to be answered was 'How long will you play the game?' Better still, was it just a game for Cryax as well or was his next move setting up the check mate?

"Mister Bane surely you realize that this is exactly what Companions do. We meet people. We have discussions. We learn. It is part of what makes us sought after. I suppose that doesn't actually answer your question though, does it?"

Lorraei paused to sip his tea. With a frown he set the cup aside. Leaning across the table he pulled Cryax's untouched cup away from the man.

"The tea is off. Don't drink it or you risk ruining my reputation as a good host."

The two cups were set on the wooden serving tray and Lorraei rose up, clearing it away as he moved. Crossing the room, he set tray at one end of the bar. Quick practiced motions brought two crystal glasses out of a rack and a bottle of whiskey from it's shelf. Returning to the table he filled each glass to half full and left them in the center of the table.

"I suppose there are a number of reasons I pick my clients. If you wish I could go through them all but I think I have a simpler version. In your case, mister Bane, your handsome. Which goes further than most are willing to admit. Your well dressed in every image of you that can be found on the holonet. But on a deeper level, I enjoy company much like yours. I can go to any bar in the galaxy and have a drink with a Chiss. How many can say, [member="Cryax Bane"] sat in my home and had a drink with me?"

His luminous red pools followed the stream of whiskey as Ray poured it into his tumbler. That’s more like it. Bane had never been much for tea. Perhaps, it was the earthy taste. Or maybe it spoke of a refinement that didn’t quite suit him. The Chiss had risen up from a credit-less slicer, drinking Correllian ales in the backs of slicer bars, to criminal mastermind, his blue hands always curled around a bottle of expensive liquor. He liked the buzz of a very strong caf in the morning, but tea? It never had a place in his world.

Red pools returned to rest upon his companion’s face. With the first sip of whiskey, Bane’s face softened and his shoulders slumped. He was finally starting to relax. Ray mentioned enjoying his company, or the company of those like him. He wondered if it was something that the man had been trained to say or if it was genuine. Did it even matter when one was paying for attention?

He waved his hands around, indicating Lorraei’s lavishly-furnished living room.

“I have to be honest, I’m not accustomed to this.”

He stopped, and tilted his head as if considering rephrasing his statement.

“What I mean to say is that I’m a man that someone wants things from. I’m not accustomed to being the very thing someone wants."

Lifting his glass to take another long, grateful sip of whiskey, he looked Ray directly in the eyes, a grin lifting one side of his lips.

“Unless someone wants me dead. Then I’m the man everyone wants.”

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei chuckled softly, grinning foolishly as Cryax commented on desires. The man did not yet grasp Lorraei's true nature. The desert Companion was a creature of desires, and pleasures. Ray thrived on sensations, stimuli. To feel, experience, enjoy. It was the driving force behind everything Lorraei did.

His smile wavered at the end. With a nervous cough, Lorraei picked up the remaining glass of whiskey. "Well mister Bane it may not count for much but, everything I want regarding you requires you to be very much alive. And in good health."

He tried to smile. It was thin at best. Lorraei had a small collection of clients, most of them very dangerous people, but none had actually brought that up during a conversation. Cryax wasn't even on the high end of Ray's most wanted clients. One client in particular was worth more than twenty times what Bane was. Even that client had never pointed out their own notoriety.

To Companions secrecy and discretion were highly important. Not only for their clients but for themselves. Everyone had a dark side even Lorraei. He had done his fair share of less than reputable things, clubs, drinking, whoring, buying and using and selling drugs. There were enough drugs on his ship at this very moment to see him locked away for a very long time. But he had managed to keep such things from tarnishing his new reputation as a Companion.

Lorraei lifted his glass, tasting the liquor, enjoying the fire that burned down to his belly. At least his guest was relaxing some. "Would you care for something to eat mister Bane?"

[member="Cryax Bane"]

With a warm smile, a rarity for the Chiss, Cryax lifted his glass in the air. “Here’s to good health then,” he said. He paused and added. "For both of us."

The liquor was settling nicely into his system, coating him with a warm numbness that took the edge off of his unease. Bane was generally either using someone or being used himself. Kindness and selflessness had left his orbit a long time ago, and friends were simply people who wanted favors. Despite his apprehension, the liquor was slowly dissolving his suspicion. Would it hurt to let his guard down, and just relax? That was the whole purpose of this exercise wasn't it?

After a few moments, the roguish smile that Ray had worn for the first part of their conversation faltered, and Bane furrowed his brow. Did he say something offensive? Was Ray having second thoughts? Could he tell that he was staring down a hollow shell of a man who hadn't felt anything real for a very long time? When Ray smiled again it felt forced. Then, his Companion suggested a meal.

The man’s offer of dinner was charming, but Bane had other hungers.

“I could eat something,” he said with a knowing smirk, savoring the innuendo.

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei raised his own glass in answer, "To good health, long life and all the pleasures that might be garnered there in."

His smile relaxed some, favoring it's usually carefree nature, "Sláinte."
(Pronounced Slahn-cha, meaning good health or cheers)

He touched his glass to Cryax's before taking a small sip. He smiled into the glass appreciating the easy manner in which Cryax had smoothed over the awkward moment. Ray touched the Force briefly, extending his senses toward his guest. Not in an invasive way, merely to touch the surface of the man's aura. His surface emotions. At least the Chiss was relaxing, a good sign.

Cryax flashed a little smirk at the end and Ray couldn't help but smile back. "Well let us see about something to dine on, shall we?"

Lorraei glided out of his seat, moving back to the long counter he called a bar. He retrieved a covered tray from a refrigerator hidden behind a false panel and carried it back to the sunken table. Once seated again he removed the tray's cover. Beneath rested a fairly simplistic meal. Several small medallions of marinated red meat. A small pile of seasoned red skin potatoes. Finally a neat stack of asparagus, trimmed and ready to be roasted. There was the slightest issue with the dinner. Everything was uncooked, of course Lorraei had planned this little detail. If nothing was cooked and separated into plates then nothing could be tampered with. Unless of course one was prepared to risk poisoning themselves. Something that was utterly out of the question for Ray. He was much to self centered to kill himself intentionally, overdose maybe but not out right eat poisoned food.

"You don't mind filet mignon do you mister Bane?"

[member="Cryax Bane"]

If Ray searched deeply enough into Cryax's aura, he would find darkness, hunger, a need for control, and a cold lack of remorse. The light in that handsome blue head had gone out a long time ago. The vacancy was almost evident in the way that the Chiss never savored a glass of whiskey. He was a drinker for whom alcohol held the sole purpose of blotting out all of his feelings, not enjoyment, and as Bane finished his drink, he lowered the glass with a loud clink, a not-so-subtle hint that it was empty.

Cryax hadn't felt like eating when he entered Ray's ship, but the mention of steak suddenly whet his appetite. When his Companion asked him how it sounded, he gave the other man a tight-lipped smile.

"Filet mignon sounds...nice."

Inner cringing ensued. Out of all the words in the Basic Dictionary, he had chosen "nice?" Had it been that long since he had a normal conversation with someone? If Cryax's life were a play, it was stuck in the third act, and full of dramatic, climactic plot twists. There was no intermission. Small talk wasn't suitable for a man who was living on borrowed time. Perhaps in the company of a Companion, the usual types of etiquette could be dispensed of? He decided on candor and straight shooting. Sure, the man was easy on the eyes and could cook and serve drinks, but what else made him tick? He turned to smile at Ray with the same devilish grin he had flashed a few moments before.

"So tell me, what makes you a good Companion for me, Ray?"

[member="Lorraei"]

As trained a companion as he was Lorraei had excellent timing. Cryax's glass touched the table empty and Ray already had the stopper off the bottle of whiskey to refill the man's drink.

One eyebrow raised as Cryax commented on the fillet mignon. Nice? Fillet mignon sounds nice? Lorraei said nothing though. His plans would continue all the same. With a quick practiced motion, Ray pulled up a board from the center of the table. Beneath rested a small grill with coals already glowing merrily. Lorraei set a pair of steaks on the grill before settling back in his seat.

"That's a fine question mister Bane. In part that is why we are here. To get to know one another and see if I am a suitable companion for you."

Ray flashed a wolfish grin of his own. "Of course that doesn't answer your question at all. I'll be blunt mister Bane, I don't care what you have done in the past. Well that's not entirely true, I just don't care to hold it against you. I enjoy my work exactly because of people like yourself. It doesn't really matter to me what you do outside my company. Most likely your work will never interfere with my own and while you are here nothing outside these walls should trouble you. Light of the Heavens forbid that something does trouble you while in my company. I would take it as an insult and be forced to dispose of said annoyance."

Lorraei paused, taking up his glass to swallow the last of it's contents.

"I tend to be very fond of my clients, thus very protective of them."

[member="Cryax Bane"]

So far Cryax found himself impressed at the way that Ray played the consummate host. The minute his glass was empty, it was filled, as if the man had a ley line to his desires. At Ray’s artful answers to his question, Cryax gave the Companion a wide, unguarded smile. Any embarrassment the Chiss felt over his own conversational faux pas melted away as he let himself become swept up in the dark-eyed man’s allure. It had been a long time since he had been doted on and it felt exquisite. Here was a man who seemed to offer complete absolution with no strings attached, and let's face it, Bane had been a pretty big sinner lately.

Difficult memories bubbled up to the surface, hot and sticky with self-disgust. Can’t have you feeling too content, now can we? The young man he wanted, but could not have. The fire-winged angel who only viewed him through a lens of revulsion. He washed away the thoughts with another swallow of whiskey and smiled at the man opposite him.

“Speaking of troubling, now that you mentioned it, there is one thing that troubles me greatly, Ray,” Bane announced, his red alien eyes gleaming like garnets. He gave the man a mock-distressed look, with a smile lingering at the corner of his lips as he held his glass to them.

“Why haven’t you kissed me yet?”

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei was leaning forward, pouring himself another glass of whiskey as Cryax caught him in his own word games. The tricky devil. Ray's smile turned sheepish for a moment. Nothing for it now, he was caught. With a chuckle he replaced the whiskey stopper and rose from his seat.

Liquid grace. Raw desire given flesh and form. Such terms fail in comparison as Lorraei flowed across the small distance between the two men. Much of the galaxy would claim that there is nothing more captivating than a Twi'lek in motion. They clearly had never been in close proximity to a Zeltron and their pheromones, even if only half blood like Lorraei.

Ray came to a halt before the handsome blue devil. He leaned down, one hand supporting his weight on the back of Cryax's seat. The other came up slowly, lifting Cryax's chin with two fingers. Their breath mingling for a moment, "Complements from me to you, on this a most exquisite play in my little game of words. I will have to be more careful in my wording in the future. A prize for you, sir."

He kissed his guest deeply on the lips. Like the building tide, the kiss was slow and infinitely mounting. Growing steadily as the moment turned into two then three long seconds. His tongue touched Cryax's lips for the briefest second, as though to seek enterance.

And like that Lorraei was gone again. Quick and sudden as a serpent, Ray returned to his seat, smiling.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

As the companion gracefully swept across the floor, Cryax's gaze lingered on the way the folds of his robe flowed over his form like sap. Bane spent the next few seconds mentally pushing the expanse of soft fabric up over the other man’s legs and hips as he shoved him down on the table, sending the tea set crashing to the floor. He wanted the Companion’s nice things to break. To dirty up the spotless ship. To leave his mark, like an animal that wanted rivals to know he had been there and had claimed the man. However, Bane knew he had to be on his best behavior. Wouldn’t want a black mark in the Oiran Guild records after all.

When Ray came in close, Cryax felt a strong shudder up and down his spine. Given the casual conversation the two men had been sharing just before, the feeling was so anomalous that the Chiss suspected some sort of phermone influence inherent in Ray's species. Not that he was complaining. His adrenaline surged when his companion lifted his chin, the crease in his blue brow the only signifier of his want. Red pools, devoid of pupils, met the man’s dark eyes. Then his eyes closed as their lips met.

Despite its slow burn, the kiss was a fairly innocent one. The closed-mouth said that Ray wasnt ready to give up all of his secrets yet. He would rather let the tension hang between them, thickening the air. When Ray left his orbit only to retake his seat opposite the Chiss, Cryax returned his infectious smile and dropped his gaze in a manner that was almost too coy for a hardened crime lord who sells Force sensitive organs on the Coruscant black market.

"Well, what do you know? My troubles seem to be gone."

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei laughed softly as Cryax looked down. Coy. Almost. The laugh held no mockery or scorn, only mild amusement. It was a rare thing to find a client with such obvious... appetites. More accurately, it was rare among Oiran Guild clients. Once upon a time every client was that transparent, but Ray had outgrown his "pay and play for an hour" phase. Now he sought clients with more... patience. More commitment than one measly hour.

Oh that life had been fun for a time, exciting, fast paced and unpredictable. That life was also very lonely. You only knew someone for a short period of time before they cast you aside. Maybe you developed a regular customer but that didn't mean anything. It didn't make you important, only convenient.

Lorraei had been born anew. He would serve those who would understand where he had been. Those who, like him, had no one that would be there. Those who couldn't trust another to commit without a hidden motivation. Those clients often came in the form of the highly dangerous criminal master mind, such as [member="Cryax Bane"]. As long as they maintained decorum and behaved in an acceptable fashion, Lorraei didn't give a womp rats arse what they did outside his company.

Lorraei took up his glass of whiskey once more to take another sip as he watched Cryax. The Chiss' hunger was written all over the poor man's face. A tension hung in the air between them, humming like a live powerline. It actually took an effort to push the other man's desires away from the forefront of Ray's mind. He leaned forward, turning the steaks on the grill, an effort to distract himself that simply didn't last long enough to help much.

"Now now mister Bane. No need to be so glum. I did give you a kiss. We have only just finished saying hello."

He turned his charmed smile back to his guest, dark eyes meeting blood red rubes.

The exquisite smell of grilling meat hung lightly in the air, and Cryax’s stomach rumbled in response. Sipping his whisky, he sat with his body turned towards Lorreai, his glowing red eyes watching the man as he flipped over the steaks. How long had it been since someone had cooked for him? Or spent so much effort and energy making sure everything was perfect? Even when he holed up with his Morrelian slicer, they rarely went through the ritual of making dinner for one other, opting for the ease of takeout or meals made in the kitchens of the Dragon Palace Casino. There was no love lost on the lack of domesticity on Cryax’s part. Even if Jalek had wanted to cook for him, Cryax wouldn’t have cared one way or another. However, he appreciated the effort that Ray was putting into their date.

That’s what the whole evening felt like so far: a date. He hoped that would change in the course of the evening. The dog and pony show of dating wasn’t something he had ever enjoyed. Cryax viewed dating as a wholly unnecessary to begin any sort of relationship. After all, when one was dating he tended to show his romantic prospects only the very best parts of himself, and when the bad came out, the other person often felt like he or she had been sold a bill of goods. Dating was a sure fire recipe for later disappointment.

He supposed that the casual conversation and teasing was the part of the ritual of the companion and client. Still he was uncomfortable with the notion that his companion might reject him. It felt a bit like an audition, but with lines he had failed to memorize.

“Oh I’m not glum.” he protested, his glowing red eyes searching the other man’s. “In fact, I’m enjoying myself immensely.” He flashed Ray a genuine smile, his chalk-white teeth gleaming against his blue skin. He gulped down another sip of whiskey and although he let out a sigh that clearly said he would rather be letting his body do the talking, he asked the other man a question.

“So, what made you decide to become a Companion, Ray?”

[member="Lorraei"]

Lorraei hovered over the grill, setting potatoes along the edge. Now and again his gaze would shift to his guest, watching the other man through hooded lids. Such contradiction. To listen and watch Cryax you would see exactly what the man wanted you to see. A calm and collected gentleman with not a care in the world, relaxing and enjoying himself. Yet to look just a little deeper would show you something completely different. A cold hunger burned in the man. Primal, simple hunger. Light of Heaven was that hunger hard to ignore.

It left a tension in the Chiss but Ray was not ready to ease that tension, or at least not ready to indulge the man's hunger.

A small laugh left him when Cryax asked a new question, "Why indeed. Boredom I suppose. Maybe a bit of loneliness."

Lorraei sat back in his seat once more. He rolled up his left sleeve and began to remove the Datalogger strapped to his arm. "I'm a wanderer. Traveler, vagabond, which ever you prefer. I was raised on Tatooine. I have seen the beauty of the moon of Endor. I have studied on Coruscant and at the floating rock garden of Ryloth. I have seen and experienced a great many things and a few things remain consistent. First, no matter how pretty the bars are, a cage is still a cage. Sitting idle doesn't agree with me. You understand I'm sure."

The Datalogger was dropped unceremoniously onto the bench seat beside him as he rolled up his other sleeve. What lay beneath was much less peaceful a device. A black armorweave harness gripped the desert Companion's forearm, secured within rested six separate knives. Each shaped and balanced to be thrown with unerring precision. With a few quick tugs the strings came loose and the knife harness was deposited beside his Datalogger.

"The second, life is far to vast and vivid to savour it's pleasures alone, Cryax." One last tug loosened the sash at Lorraei's waist, his robs remained closed however.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

"Boredom and loneliness." Bane pondered the phrase with a mournful laugh.

"Are you sure you weren't a crime lord at some point, Ray?"

As his companion resumed his place, the man began to remove some of his hidden devices and weapons, placing them gently on the bench next to him. The Chiss watched with with an edge of amusement in his glowing red gaze. It hadn't even crossed his mind that Ray would be armed, but the caution made sense. Even though the Oiran Guild's clients were thoroughly vetted, there was always a risk when letting a stranger into one's private space. The knives he removed were fine pieces of weaponsmithing, well-crafted and in sparkling condition. He imagined Ray's nimble fingers closing around the hilt of one of the knifes and cutting a smile into an enemy's throat. The thought gave Bane a dark shudder.

Cryax finished his second, or was it third, glass of whiskey and felt the warm numbness of inebriation setting in. The alcohol softened his features and unleashed a brazenness that wasn't present when he'd first entered Lorraei's ship.

"So," said the Chiss, leaning back with his hands behind his head.

"What else are you packing underneath those robes?"

[member="Lorraei"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom