Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diamondback Ship Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
normandy_sr2_alliance_colors_by_rafas47-d54jeax.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Diamondback Armor
  • Manufacturer: Hansol Mining Corporation
  • Homeworld (optional): N/A
  • Production: Minor
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Material: Nanotube sheets with diamond chemical vapor deposition
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Compound
  • Weight: Medium
  • Quality: Very High
  • Color: Shiny Grey
Strengths:
Nye Impenetrable: It is nearly impenetrable, only continuous firepower on a certain area will break through it, or from extreme capital weaponry, such as from a hyper-velocity cannon
Weaknesses:
Part of Me: the armor requires to be mounted directly to the ship, so even if a round does not break through the armor, the ship's superstructure might be compromised, making repairs after a battle usually extensive
Expensive: The larger the ship, the more expensive the armor will be, so much so that most ships above a frigate needs major backing to cover just one, and smaller ships need to be made in small quantities
No Survivors: If the armor is penetrated, because of the strength of it, any explosion will reverberate throughout the ship, most likely obliterating the whole ship
Description:
Diamondback armor is created using carbon nanotubes laced with vaporized diamond. The mesh is then put under tremendous pressure through the use of magnetic fields that push on either side of the material, condensing it to incredible density. This process of weaving the diamond into the nanotubes compensates for diamonds brittleness.
Because of its incredible density diamondback armor is nye impossible to break through without very concentrated fire or from a large capital class weapon. The armor's density and nanoweave technology stops and disperses most attacks, and its diamond component reflects some of the blaster fire from each shot.
The main drawback with it is that it needs to be attached to the ship's superstructure itself, and its rigidness makes it so that vibrations that won't affect the armor is passed to the superstructure, and can damage it extensively. That is why it is recommended to have silaris armor as an under layer in case the top layer gets broken through. The last problem of the armor is that because of the expensiveness of diamond and carbon nanotubes, the larger the craft, the exponential expensive it is to cover it, making armoring ships larger than frigates is too lucratively expensive to do, and would need support from a major faction or tier V+ company to armor just one ship larger than a frigate.

P.S: This armor is inspired by mass effect's silaris armor, Bioware recives all credit for creating it, I simply wish to introduce it to Star Wars.

inactivechar01

I
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

inactivechar01

I
[member="Galven Hansol"]

Hey!

I've noticed that you've taken direct inspiration from the Mass Effect ship armor upgrade that bears the same name as this submission. Unfortunately, plagiarism is not allowed on this board.

3. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

Using the same properties is fine - like resistance to heat and kinetic but the submission needs a bit of an overhaul before it is taken as just an inspired submission rather than a plagiarized piece of work.

I've edited it so it is not taken directly from the mass effect description, and I made it so that I credited Bioware for its creation, so officially it's not plagiarism anymore, so is there any suggestions on what else I should change?

[member="Galven Hansol"]
We do not permit taking the names of copyrighted information and utilizing in submissions in the codex or factory. The name of this ship armor will need to be changed. You can credit the source as your Primary source if you'd like, but it cannot simply be a port of the original BioWare content onto our board.

[member="Galven Hansol"]

Galven Hansol said:
It is nearly impenetrable,

Galven Hansol said:
Affiliation: Open market

Galven Hansol said:
Production: Minor
The strength you have for this submission is too large for the production value and the affiliation of the product, and will need to be lessened regardless due to balance concerns.

Galven Hansol said:
Manufacturer: Hansol Mining Corporation
Please hyperlink to this submission or article.

Galven Hansol said:
Because of its incredible density diamondback armor is nye impossible to break through without very concentrated fire or from a large capital class weapon. The armor's density and nanoweave technology stops and disperses most attacks, and its diamond component reflects some of the blaster fire from each shot.
Without significant development (upwards 60 posts for unique) I cannot approve this.

[member="Galven Hansol"]

The weaknesses currently don't balance out the strengths.

Galven Hansol said:
Nye Impenetrable: It is nearly impenetrable, only continuous firepower on a certain area will break through it, or from extreme capital weaponry, such as from a hyper-velocity cannon

This is not balanced by any of the weaknesses. Tone down this strength and add at least one genuine weakness that a ship would suffer if this was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom