Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Di-Tactical Armor

Image:
118462412.png

Image Source: Here

Intent: To provide a standard issue suit for Black Ops agent

Development Thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Zuguruk Napasja Incorporated, and Arakyd Industries

Model: Di-Tactical Armor

Affiliation: The One Sith

Modularity: Yes; utility belt and outer lining bodyglove

Production: Minor Production

Material: Di-chrome, armorweave-bodyglove (inner lining), Thermoguard bodyglove (outer lining), Blast Vest (torso), utility belt, plastoid

Classification: Multipurpose

Weight: 8kg

Quality:
  • Blasters/Energy projectiles (7)
  • Ballistics (7)
  • Lightsaber (5)
  • Melee (7)
  • Ion (0)
Special Features:
  • Anti-blaster
  • Anti-ballistic
  • Active camouflage
Helm Components:
  • N/A
Armor Components:
  • Blast vest
  • Utility belt
  • Di-chrome
  • Knee pads
Gauntlet Components:
  • Datapad (left side)
Description: The di-tactical armor is very unlike that most armors and suits in the galaxy. This armor isn't designed for the front lines of war as it's design and purposes was meant for elite agents that serve their purposes by infiltrating the interior of the enemy. From neck to toe it's first layer is comprised of a thin layer of plastoid to give some protection and durability while maintaining its agility. Behind the plastoid is a blast vest which is a last resort of protetcion which only covers the back and torso. After the plastoid and blast vest comes an outer lining of thermoguard bodyglove which has a hoodie that can extend to hide the user's face, so to hide the user from thermal scanners such as infrared and heat scanners. Next is the inner lining of armorweave bodyglove that serves as protection for the user. Finally comes the last piece which is di-chrome. When electrically charge the suit can blend in with its surroundings which is perfect material for optical stealth.

Downsides of the armor is that if exposed to ion weaponry, then the di-chrome and the datapad will be left useless. Also, it's light armor; it's not meant to eat up huge quantities of blasters/slugs.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Lyle Baelor said:
Active camouflage

Lyle Baelor said:
Di-chrome,

Lyle Baelor said:
Thermoguard bodyglove (outer lining)
These are stealth features, which always require development. At minor production I will need around 20-30 posts of development for this.

Lyle Baelor said:
Anti-lightsaber

Lyle Baelor said:
Lightsaber (8)
None of the materials or equipment provide any resistance to lightsabers, nor does the mass of the armor provide any delay in the cutting ability of a saber, so why is the quality for this versus a lightsaber set at 8?

Lyle Baelor said:
Blasters/Energy projectiles (8)

Lyle Baelor said:
Material: Di-chrome, armorweave-bodyglove (inner lining), Thermoguard bodyglove (outer lining), Blast Vest (torso), utility belt
The only protective gear here is the armorweave bodyglove and the blast vest.
The Blast vest, also called semi-armor or protective vest, was a type of light armor which protected a humanoid's torso. Despite the name, they provided only minimal protection from blaster bolts and other energy attacks
So disregarding the blast vest, which provides only minimal protection from energy projectiles and blasters, I'm looking at the inner-lining of the bodyglove being made of armorweave as the only other protection here. I don't think a thin lining of armorweave is going to provide heavy resistance to blasters. You'll need to incorporate more armorweave here in order to afford that kind of protection.

Lyle Baelor said:
Description: The di-tactical armor is very unlike that most armors and suits in the galaxy. To begin with, there are no plates on the suit as it's to allow full agility and speed for the user, for the cost of tough protection.
The overall quality of this armor (based on all of the fields listed) is between 7-8, which is upper-medium lower-heavy armor quality ratings. The mass of this armor and the materials utilized, as noted above, do not cover this, and this description leads me to believe that you are looking more towards 5-6 as the general quality range. In either case, this section of the description is inaccurate.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

I felt very uneasy making this sub as it was something very "new" to me as I'm used to making medium and heavy weight armors, and I'm glad that you caught the mistakes in the sub.

• Braith Achlys said:
    None of the materials or equipment provide any resistance to lightsabers, nor does the mass of the armor provide any delay in the cutting ability of a saber, so why is the quality for this versus a lightsaber set at 8?
    I made it at quality 8 because armorweave does provide defense against lightsabers, but to make the sub sound fair I'll decrease it to quality 7.

[*]
Braith Achlys said:
These are stealth features, which always require development. At minor production I will need around 20-30 posts of development for this.
  • The active camo is the di-chrome which is specified in the di-chrome link I provided. And I will be working on a dev thread for the stealth feats.

[*]
Braith Achlys said:
So disregarding the blast vest, which provides only minimal protection from energy projectiles and blasters, I'm looking at the inner-lining of the bodyglove being made of armorweave as the only other protection here. I don't think a thin lining of armorweave is going to provide heavy resistance to blasters. You'll need to incorporate more armorweave here in order to afford that kind of protection.
  • I will increase the weight of the armorweave of suit so that it meets these standards. Side note, I will be adding Desh-Terenthium wire mesh on the areas of major organs and arteries, so that the increase of the weight sounds logical (along with the added weight of the armorweave) and gives some more durabilty.

[*]
Braith Achlys said:
The overall quality of this armor (based on all of the fields listed) is between 7-8, which is upper-medium lower-heavy armor quality ratings. The mass of this armor and the materials utilized, as noted above, do not cover this, and this description leads me to believe that you are looking more towards 5-6 as the general quality range. In either case, this section of the description is inaccurate.
  • Please define/specify what you're asking here.

Lyle Baelor said:
[member="Braith Achlys"]

I felt very uneasy making this sub as it was something very "new" to me as I'm used to making medium and heavy weight armors, and I'm glad that you caught the mistakes in the sub.

• I made it at quality 8 because armorweave does provide defense against lightsabers, but to make the sub sound fair I'll decrease it to quality 7.
[*]
  • The active camo is the di-chrome which is specified in the di-chrome link I provided. And I will be working on a dev thread for the stealth feats.
[*]
  • I will increase the weight of the armorweave of suit so that it meets these standards. Side note, I will be adding Desh-Terenthium wire mesh on the areas of major organs and arteries, so that the increase of the weight sounds logical (along with the added weight of the armorweave) and gives some more durabilty.
[*]
  • Please define/specify what you're asking here.
The protection Armorweave grants against lightsabers are for glancing blows, not direct strikes. An example would be Jango Fett in episode II, where his armor did not halt Mace Windu's lightsaber and was decapitated.

Regarding your request for clarification:
You state the armor provides lesser protection in return for less mass/weight, citing increased mobility as a bonus from this. Quality 7+ armor is not less protection than normal, and is actually very good for lower-weight armors. At 4.5 kg normally Armorweave and a blast vest might net you between 4-6 for over all armor quality.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

I'd actually like that.

My main goal is to provide some durability for the suit/armor against blasters while keeping its agility. I'd also like for what quality the suit/armor should be against lightsabers and not have a general quality (reasons that I don't want a general quality is because some people will mistake it as an overall quality vs. lightsabers/slugs/blasters etc.).

Lyle Baelor said:
[member="Braith Achlys"]

I'd actually like that.

My main goal is to provide some durability for the suit/armor against blasters while keeping its agility. I'd also like for what quality the suit/armor should be against lightsabers and not have a general quality (reasons that I don't want a general quality is because some people will mistake it as an overall quality vs. lightsabers/slugs/blasters etc.).

Lyle Baelor said:
Material: Di-chrome, armorweave-bodyglove (inner lining), Thermoguard bodyglove (outer lining), Blast Vest (torso), utility belt
In order to add durability, I would add a thin layer of either Plastoid or Plasteel (Plastoid being what Stormtroopers wear) in order to avoid a significant weight hike. Both materials aren't as tough as the metallic alternative, but they are a bit lighter (being hard plastic-derived) and still provide some protection. Adding these materials would net you somewhere around 7-8 KG for your armor (which is pretty light for full-body armor) and you could drum up 6 to 7 as your quality rating for blasters & slugthrowers. Easily a 7 for melee, too. This would prevent a significant drop in lightsaber durability as well, and I'll let 5 to 6 for lightsaber go for it if you add either (or a mixture) of the two.

Adding either Plastoid or Plasteel will have you looking at:
  • 6 to 7 for blaster & slugthrower/ballistics quality.
  • 7 for melee.
  • 5 for lightsaber.
  • 7 to 8 KG (or anything in between) as the new weight.
If there is anything beyond that, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom