Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. [Serian Loria]

Tia`ser Verd

T
Near Pando
Uncontrolled Space

@[member="Serian Loria"]​
She hissed through gritted teeth as she rang her hands and massaged the pain from her knuckles. The last of the thugs lay on the floor unconscious .. finally the brawl was over, only a few remained standing and to each of those beings .. Tia`ser gave a nod of thanks. As she turned to look at the bar keep, she wiped away a trickle of blood oozing from a split bottom lip, with the back of her hand. The bar keep looking to her with questioning eyes, "Oh no .. they started it. You find your compensation from them".

----------------------------

The city streets shrouded in the veil of the night afforded little comfort to Tia, as the casting shadows only served to darken her mood. She is tired and hungry and with only limited credits to her name, she had a choice to make. The transport off this planet will arrive tomorrow, she had enough to afford the passage, or she could eat and sleep in paid quarters, but she did not have enough credits for both.

Her feet led her onward in no particular direction or purpose, her boots hitting the hard surface of the pavement, her body began to protest under the increasing fatigue, she had to find somewhere to sleep or at least rest. Rather then opt for another Inn, she walked on until she reached the dinning corridor of the city. The out side cafs the ideal place to rest and eat away the time until the transport arrives tomorrow. At the end of the street, a small caf with outside tables and chairs is her destination. Tia finally places her tired body into a seat, the relief of body immediate, she rested her back against the seat and closed her eyes for a moments solace, until it was interrupted by a service droid.

"Water", she said ... at least that is free.

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
They had finished their morning training and had just set down to eat, Serian had retreated to his room momentarily and had cleaned up then dressed. He was walking back into the kitchen when he stumbled catching himself on the doorway, his hand rising to touch his chest, he gave a sigh closing his eyes as he stood upright. He looked over at @[member="Abel Denko"] shaking his head, the gesture mostly to both keep him from worrying and not to stop what he’d been doing. He wasn’t in any pain, he’d just been surprised, the sensation was much the same as it had been when he was drawn to him, but now it seemed there was someone or something new Calling to him. However it wasn’t nearly as urgent How kind of you to allow me breakfast.

The thought directed at the Force for it was the source of the problem. Still he moved to sit, he was dressed in black pants, black shoes, a long sleeved white shirt and a black vest. He had been planning on running a few errands, but he would have to delegate that to one of the servants. In the week since they had finally settled in the inside of the house had been transformed. It was filled with furniture, there was art on the walls, plus other things that he had that with Abel’s suggestions had become part of the furnishings. It was a strong contrast to how it had been before, the study was now filled with books and the collection of music that appealed to them both.

It hadn’t made much sense for him to just monopolize everything, he shared the space and as such he’d felt it only prudent and fair to include his apprentice. Still, he wasn’t satisfied, there was something missing and he’d failed to put a name to the source. There were now a total of eight servants, each one had useful skills and took to their jobs fluidly which was a blessing. As with the first two he had made sure that they would not betray him and Abel both, just like in his past, this new era still held plenty of distrust for Force users. The last thing he wanted was anything he’d prefer kept secret to slip out and cause him problems. “After we eat we will need to head to your ship, I’m being Called to find something and though it is not urgent now that could change. All I know is that what I feel is not on Naboo, but to the east and no...I don’t have any specifics. I don’t suppose you’ve Seen anything?

Their training had included tapping into his Sight, but this would be the first time that it would be useful. He didn’t know details, just the direction, like the needle on a compass. Foresight wasn’t something he was adept at, he could use it, but nothing ever made much sense to him when he did. Abel on the other hand had been living with the half woken ability for years and thus he’d have a lot more luck, he hoped. He was thankful that his apprentice had his own ship, it would make the chase a whole lot smoother and blessedly faster.

He looked a lot better in the week since they met, three meals a day had improved things. He was also getting somewhat better sleep and was better rested as a result. It was strange for him to think back and realize he hadn’t been this content in a long time, if ever. It was a first for him to be living with someone and being stationary. Before he had had to go between his home and the Temple, but now he didn’t. He didn’t have the stress of others judging him, looking for weakness, their eyes envious and filled with scorn. He had no obligations to anyone other than the few that came with having an apprentice. it was a strange new freedom that honestly felt good.

Because of that lifted burden he was in better health, he could stop looking over his shoulder, though he was still very careful. Sith still stalked the galaxy, so did the Jedi and that meant he’d either be sought after or seen as an enemy. He was marked as a former Sith, the flavor of his aura tainted with death. While it wasn’t so impure that it was black, it was clearly visible that he followed a less than honest path which would set him at odds with those that were more untainted. He didn’t want to be noticed and thus have to fight to keep what was his.

@[member="Tia`ser Verd"]

Ever since coming under the tutelage of Serian Loria, the former Enforcer of the Black Sun Syndicate found his life turned upside down...but the changes that came were good for the most part. Sure, Abel had to abandon his playboy habits of staying up all night and sleeping all day, but in its place he was granted stability. For the first time since his childhood, he did not have to worry about having enough credits to get the bills paid, nor did he have to worry about risking his skin in order to get said credits. Finally, Abel's life was free of worry, and he had his Master to thank for that. Now, while there were a mountain of differences between the two of them, Abel had developed a respect for the man; enough so that he made sure that he got three squares in him at the very least.

With the estate they shared now fully furnished, with many of the more modern selections having been made by the Enforcer, Naboo was starting to feel like home. Here, a sense of normalcy was established within him. He'd rise before dawn and begin his training with Serian, which consisted of grueling workouts both physical and in the Force. Then, he'd make them breakfast, relax, and spend the afternoon working on his swordplay. From there, Serian would grace him with a few additional lessons in the Force or simply lectures on the nature of the Galaxy. The day was then generally wrapped up with an additional jog, dinner, a shower, and glorious slumber. Abel loved this routine, despite its difficulties; and especially loved the new, plush bed that was all his!

He even slept better, save for the past two days.

His mind had become the victim of the Visions born of the Force that he had known so intimately over the years. He saw a woman of dark complexion, bruised and bleeding, sitting within a diner on some world. The first night's visions did not especially give him any details beyond that, while the second evening gave him some finite direction. The edge of Hutt Space was where she was located. His mind took him over an aerial view of the city, where Abel was able to make out some of the more characteristic signs of the world: Near Pando was where she was located. However, a random woman located in a diner did not strike Abel as a pressing matter to share, as it had nothing to do with his "happy" little life at the moment. That is, until Serian had one of his "episodes" the following day.

Upon being asked if he had Seen anything in the Force, Abel knew that the woman was obviously more important than he realized; leading to a full and honest response. "Yeah, I've seen a woman. Dark skin, bruises, split lip, the whole nine. Looks like she's been through hell and back. Near Pando." With that said, Abel gave Serian a nod and rose from the dinner table, stepping over to his quarters momentarily. He stripped out of his bumming clothes and replaced them with a decent pair of denims, a button-up shirt, and his jacket. He then belted on Frostfall before returning to his Master. "I'm assuming that I'm driving?" he said with a coy smirk before striding out of the back, patio door, headed for the Black Widow. Once there, he stepped up the entrance ramp and made his way to the pilot's chair, kicking on the start-up systems.

The coordinates for Near Pando were plugged in, the engines hummed to life, and upon Serian eventually making his way inside, the Black Widow would close its doors and ascend into the heavens. Once free of Naboo's gravity well, it would then dive into the depths of Hyperspace for several hours before exiting; spontaneously manifesting in realspace within Near Pando's orbit. Abel guided the vessel down and followed the mandated vectors to the local starport which was, fortunately, within the same city as the diner. Upon disembarking, he stretched his hands above his head and made an inquiry of a passer-by regarding the location of the diner. "Alright Serian, it's down Main. This way." he said, motioning for the man to follow. In but a few minutes' time, the duo would arrive; looking far out of place for such an establishment.

@[member="Tia`ser Verd"], @[member="Serian Loria"]

Tia`ser Verd

T
@[member="Serian Loria"] @[member="Abel Denko"]

In the wee hours of the morning when the moisture in the air begins to seep into everything, Tia shivered. The dampness entering into her bones and chilling her to the point where she did not ever think she would be warm again. As tonight was not a busy night for the Caf, the staff allowed her to remain at the table, however it was time to move on if only to warm her body with the exercise of it. She pulled her worn black jacket around her body and held it firmly in place, but it did very little to keep out the cold. Her brown leather trousers clung to her legs slightly restricting her movement as she walked the streets.

It is quiet tonight, eerily so .. Tia much preferred crowds, strangely enough as it provided a sense of protection and one can get 'lost' within it. In the open one is noticed and she would hurry to find shelter to hide in from eyes and the damp. She turned a corner, off the main street and headed toward the market place. Several lines of closed stalls with battened down shutters looked uninviting but her past told her they are perfect to escape in for a few hours before the vendors return in the morning.

She randomly picked one moved toward it and with deft hands the lock click open. Her body sighed with the relief that she would soon sleep but that was only a momentary pleasure as she heard a voice in the shadows.

"Thief ... but a pretty one. Boys .. it looks like we have found some entertainment for the night", a rough voice said.

Tia slowly turned with a scowl on her face, and did not say a word. Out of the shadows three man walked toward her, two armed with blasters the other stood between them, the ring leader. He smiled a vicious smile and his eyes focused on her filled with malice and his intentions clear as his eyes lingered over her body. "Now my pretty do as we say and I will forget this", he said waving his hand toward the stall.

Tia's scowl turned into a smile, her eyes never leaving the leader of these thugs, to her hand sprang her light saber and she ignited the emerald blade. "Now you do as I say, and leave while you are able to".

Serian Loria

As they moved he felt the line drawn from his chest start to move, he broke into a run without much warning determined to make sure whatever it was didn’t get too far. When he rounded a corner the sight he was met with was less than pleasing, but when he took the woman in and the glow of her lightsaber he smirked. He looked over at Abel and thought at him Lets see what she does, if she looks like she needs help we can jump in, but if this is her sport its rude to interrupt unless she looks to need assistance.

He sprang up into the air, touching lightly upon the roof of the one story building Don’t make a sound.

Was all the warning his apprentice got before he Pulled him up with him, he then crossed his arms to wait. He needed to see what skills she learned, what powers she would use and what her saber form was. He was certain she was who they’d come for and, judging from the state of her clothes, she was in a worse or similar state that Abel had been when he’d come for him. You’ll have to be the one to convince her to come with us after this is over. Someone like me would probably be immediately distrusted for you certainly judged me that moment we were face to face. You on the other hand...you might not raise her hackles as quickly, once she accedes to come I can show myself without any harm. She’s had training, how much I cannot say yet, but I am certain she was who I was Called to find. Seems I’m to be the Master of not just one stray cat, but two.

There was amused exasperation in his mind-voice he didn’t mind the extra care he’d have to provide. We’ll have to have an early lunch and plenty of food, she looks to need it.

Which he’d sense was just an excuse he was using to convince him to cook more, he was looking forward to the prospect of a large lunch. On the end of that thought came the image of cheeseburgers, something that he hadn’t meant to let slip, but mind to mind one’s wants tended to slip through sometimes. His appetite had miraculously grown since Abel had started cooking, now it was clear that he looked forward to them, which was a change considering in the past he hardly ever noticed. Now it might be clear he not only attended because it was good food, but that he anticipated them. Serian was used to hiding his feelings, his desires, it didn’t come naturally for him to give praise outside of training, even then approval was disguised.

He’d given a compliment without realizing it.

@[member="Abel Denko"] @[member="Tia`ser Verd"]

Tia`ser Verd

T
@[member="Serian Loria"] @[member="Abel Denko"]

Tia was on the verge of physical fatigue but the love of the fight fueled her body and she could could feel the force gather in the center of her body spreading out to her arms and legs, giving strength to tired limbs. Her eyes did not leave the ring leader. The weaving threads of the force gathered around her before she pushed them out searching toward the three men, none of them are force sensitive .. but she did sense the presence of others .. others nearby strong with it. This disturbed her more then her situation, these thugs would be dealt with promptly, but a tingling sensation ran up her spine of which she could not account for but she knew it had something to do with the 'others'.

The ring leader moved toward her laughing, underestimating her which suited her just fine as she now had the advantage, the man's arrogance would be his undoing. As he neared he removed a lightsaber and ignited it, a blue blade erupted in front of him .. "I got this from the last girly I met, pretty she was before I cut her cause she refused to do as I asked", he said as he neared, giving a signal to his men not to interfere. Tia just waited for him to make the first move.

A high arcing blue blade came toward her which she blocked easy enough, the man not in tune with the force attempted to engage her, with no emotion on her face, Tia, using her speed and strength, ran her emerald blade down the length of the blue one and severed the man's hand from his arm. His hand fell to the ground still holding the ignited blade, he stepped back from her screaming and clutching his arm but Tia moved forward and in one fluid motion her emerald blade pierced his chest, she stepped forward until the hilt hit his body and her face only inches from his. Her eyes pierced his, she want her eyes to be the last thing he sees on this mortal world. His eyes widened before going dull and his body slumped to the ground, her blade retracting from it with the motion. Tia looked to the two remain men with a questioning look, the answer was swift, as they turned to run with their boss now dead they had no reason to remain.

Tia picked up the severed hand and uncurled the fingers from the hilt of the blue blade. As her skin touched the hilt Tia immediately felt the presence of the light side, this was once a Jedi blade. She extinguished both blades and clipped them to her belt, before her head slightly lifted and she looked toward the roof of a near by building. She had no more strength of a fight, certainly not against powerful opponents as the ones she sensed and she has not idea of their intentions. She turned quickly and ran, time for retreat .. with whatever little strength she had left, she would escape.

Serian Loria

OOC: I’m tired of waiting on [member="Abel Denko"] if he decides to post, great if not, it’ll just be us [member="Tia`ser Verd"] .

Serian jumped from the building and followed after her, he wasn’t going to just let her slip off especially since she was in no danger from him. He jumped to another building, getting ahead of her and then jumped into her path. “Relax, you are in no danger from us, all I want is a moment of your time.

The silence made sure his voice carried, he neither shouted or whispered. He kept his hands where she could see them and made no move to move closer than the ten feet or so from her he’d landed. All she’d see of his features in the gloom of the alley was glints of ruby from his eyes, the faint light and the fading remnants of Power causing the phenomena more than anything that was his doing. “Will you hear me out, after that...you can do as you wish.

Now that he had a closer look at her he realized she was in even worse a state than Abel when he found him. It upset him greatly, women had worse problems on the streets than men and he wondered just how much she was struggling. They had passed a diner on the way to her, even though it looked like an absolute hole, it was the nearest place he could recall that would provide food. He knew what it was like to starve, to be hungry, while she didn’t look to be starving he didn’t think she had a place for her own either. He accepted the fact that there would always be poverty, but the fact anyone had to miss a meal, that one luxury should be available to everyone.

He could, if nothing else, provide the means to aid her, even if she might not seek training from him. He’d been pulled to her for a reason, it didn’t have to be because she was Gifted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom