Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Delta-85 Travelsprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
DeltaSuper_zpsr9bblnmj.png
Delta-85 "Travelsprite"

Image Source: Blogger Photomanip
Affiliation: Open Market

Manufacturer: ATC Lianna [0]
Model: Delta-85
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Titanium, Glasteel, Industrial polymers, and electronics.
Classification: Long Range Interceptor, Reconnaissance, Scout
Length: 8 meters
Height: 3 meters
Width: 4 meters

Armament: 8
  • 2 retribution plasma cannons [1] (exotic ion cannon)
Defenses: 7
  • Titanium Plating
  • Standard Shield System
  • Chaff
  • Flare
Special Features:
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Standard Sensor Suite
  • Astromech Droid Interface

Maneuverability Rating:1
Speed Rating: 1
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0

Strengths:
  • Speed & Maneuverability
  • Plasma cannons ignore shields [2] (at 50% normal ion range)
Weaknesses:
  • Very low armor
  • Large noise wake & drive emissions (Not stealthy)

Description:

Going back in time. The Delta-7 Aethersprite Light Interceptor was the pride and joy of the Jedi Missions Fleet. Used in countless missions, travels, and combat flights throughout the Clone Wars and beyond. It is a rugged design, well tested, and combat proven. However early designs were noted to be extremely close range fighters. Requiring the aid of a Hyperspace Ring attachment in order to access Lightspeed. Luckily. Nearly 900 years, and one Great Plague later, technology has vastly improved.

As such. The modern Delta-85 Travelsprite has been modified to included a Hyperdrive slot just in front of the pilot's ball. With the integrated laser cannons having been stripped of their compartments and reloaded as plasma cannons against the bottom of the chassis. This remarkable change necessitated only a, slightly, jarring off-set of the Astromech droid's left-most hull slot as well.

To note. Standard laser cannons are replaced in this design with the infamous Retribution Plasma Cannons.[3] A platform made famous by the wild pilots of the Kathol Outback and similar Galactic Alliance special requisitions vessels. This addition allows the extremely lightweight Travelsprite to engage slower vessels of similar size with a slight tactical advantage. However, do to the strength and firepower of modern flak and point-defense turrets located on larger capital vessels? Any pilot of a Travelsprite risks complete annihilation while preforming solo maneuvers against larger ships. Even a Jedi Pilot would be hard pressed to overcome this mechanical weakness and perhaps somewhat harsh, reality.

Intent: A retrofit Delta 7 Aethersprite for the public market
Development Thread: None
Who Can Use: JSC characters

_

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Garett Van"]

Sure. But help me out with that. (It's my first time with ratings) :p

Okay so. I understand the numbers scale to the size and classification of the ship right? So... This is an Interceptor. Looking at the X-Wing example given on the Starship Template, I notice that the X-Wing is given ratings of 10 and 10. Attack and Defense specifically.

Thusly. What rating might you give this submission?

EDIT: Reformatted the submission to better comply with the new starship template. Oops. :p

First Order Planetary Defense Forces
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Well assuming that the armament rating is 2, or have is that the number of weapons....and this is going to be within the ability of a civilian so to speak gaining, since you said it was an interceptor, I can see maybe since you are going for speed and not armor so to speak, of about a 6 or 7 for Defense.

Armament:
  • 2 retribution plasma cannons [1] (exotic ion cannon)

to use this as it's Tech sub says you would need to make this ship limited production

for a change you can put on standard ion cannons for it, if you want to keep it mass produced. Or just move it to limited production.

As for Armament rating again for a interceptor, you may look at 8 or 9 since it is just ion cannons.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Garett Van"]

Okay. We'll go with 8 and 7 then. Easy. I'll re-dress the listings to match that.

Ah. And I've changed the production to Limited and given it only to characters I make myself. :p

How about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom