Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voss - Silver Jedi Campus Sparring Facility

The somber and silent figure of Charity Luckless, Jedi Knight, loomed in the center of the sparring room, its white walls and floor casting few shadows as the soft incandescent light bounced from every angle. Her murky brown cloak covered her entire form, long enough for the lower folds to trail softly along the scuff-marked floor.

She breathed out harshly, a bit nervous about her upcoming training session. She would be teaching a Padawan by the name of [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. Sure, it was a new thing to her to be taking such responsibility, but that wasn't what worried her so much. No, she was more concerned about the second student who would be joining them: none other than Master [member="Valae Kitra"]. She understood that she was merely educating the more experienced woman in the combative arts that she was not familiar with, but it still caught her uneasy that she would be instructing a superior. She was only a young Knight herself.

After a moment of calm, the violet-haired Jedi turned in place to face the doorway, awaiting the arrival of her pupils in the lightsaber arts.

Valae paused outside of the training facility, eyes focused on the entrance.

There was still time to turn back, she mused. Inside, she knew that Knight Luckless was waiting patiently. Valae had met the violet-haired young woman recently, a fellow healer. Today she had agreed to take part in a training session for Form Three – Soresu. Indeed it was her own chosen form, but she utilized it rarely. The Jedi Master could still recall her introduction to this form… it seemed so long ago. And with all of the time that had passed, she had not honed her skills. It was knowledge that had been tucked away in her mind, but hardly ever touched.

Finally, she pushed out a breath and made her way inside the sparring room. She greeted Charity with a small nod and a friendly smile as she walked in. Of course, it might have been odd to some that a Knight was educating a Master, but Valae thought very little of it. While Charity was younger, she likely had more experience with the form that Valae did. After all, she had spent most of her time with the Silver Order avoiding conflict. But she recognized that even as a healer, there would be times when combat would find her… it was unavoidable.

“Hi there, Charity.” Valae said, removing her brown cloak and folding it up. She set her things down at the edge of the room, and then approached the other woman. “Now, don’t go easy on me just because I’m a master – for the time, I’m just another student. I’ve got a grasp of this form, but I’m rusty… and I can’t remember the last time I used it to defend against a lightsaber.” She spoke honestly.

Now, it seemed they only needed to wait for her sparring partner to arrive…

[member="Charity Luckless"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic had signed up for a training class with a new Jedi Knight, Charity Luckless. Curious name to say the least. His Master, Arisa, was busy doing Grand Master work and he thought it would be a good time to get some practice in with his saber training. Being a Niman user, his talents needed to be in all the Lightsaber Forms, though he was pretty decent in Djem So and Shien, Niman was coming along but he had years ahead of himself before it would be even close to mastery. Though he was sure once he had mastered it, his skills would be one of the most dangerous around.

Arriving in the training arena, he bowed his head to both ladies. Seeing Master Valae was not much of a surprise, she was not one for combat so Yuroic was sure that she would love any time to practice. She reminded him of Jairdain who was more in tune with the Force and using that than a Lightsaber. Yuroic, himself, wanted to focus on both the mystical side of the Force and still combat the dangers out there with his Lightsaber. Why he was following his Master on the way of the Jedi Sentinel. It was a balanced option and Yuroic enjoyed such balance.

Master Valae greetings, I hope you are well. Greetings Master Luckless, I hope you are enjoying the comforts of Voss and I look forward to our lesson. Yuroic offered a smile before moving forward and waiting on what was to be their lesson for the day.

[member="Charity Luckless"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]

Charity dipped a slight bow to each of the entrants, smiling just barely noticeably at their genial salutations. It was well-appreciated when Master Kitra attempted to calm any anxiety over instructing her senior, but it didn't entirely dispel the self-consciousness the young Knight contained. It was just an unusual situation to be in. Fortunately, she wasn't the awkward tall one in the room for a rare instance, thus making the company of the taller Padawan amusingly comforting.

"Yes. Hello, Master Kitra; Yuroic." Her voice was soft but not completely serene as she breathed deeply to rectify her inner tension. She needed to be properly at peace to genuinely exhibit the proper Soresu.

"Please... take one of the training sabers." she insisted, walking with ghost-like steps to the weapons rack, cloak fluttering in her wake. Charity obtained three gunmetal gray saber hilts and carefully passed one to both of her guests. While doing so, she asked, "Are there any other combat forms either of you are familiar with?"

[member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Valae’s eyes drifted over towards the door, watching as the tall frame of Yuroic came through. As he drew closer, the Jedi healer smiled calmly. The padawan was a familiar sight, and a very welcome one at that. She had never seen Yuroic in action, but Valae had no doubt that he was skilled. He was the Grandmaster’s padawan, after all.

“Hi Yuroic, it’s good to see you again.” She said with a nod.

Valae watched for a moment as Charity took light steps towards the weapon rack, her heart skipped a beat. Oh boy, she really hoped that she didn’t embarrass herself too badly today. She could feel her face growing warm just at the thought. But her hand reached out to clasp one of the saber hilts anyway.

She let her palm grow comfortable around the saber as she considered Charity’s question. Her own training with sabers had ended with the form they were about to practice. At the moment, she wasn’t even sure if she wished to advanced further. Valae felt it was probably for her own good to master Soresu.

“As in saber forms? I’ve a handle on Shii Cho and Makashi as well.” She squinted for a moment in thought, “Otherwise, I can handle a blaster well enough, and I mostly rely on the force to defend myself.”

It was true, her list of combat experience was rather… short.

[member="Charity Luckless"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Charity nodded at the Master's divulgence of her combat skills, finding her knowledge of Makashi somewhat intriguing. She hadn't exactly considered the woman to be the more physical type when it came to crossing sabers. "This may be a bit... different for you then," she offhandedly commented, easing herself fluidly towards the center of the room and beckoning her senior to meet opposite her standing point.

"Do you know the opening stance, Master Kitra?" The honey-golden blade of her practice saber sparked to life, a droning hum arising as the bright beam cast a soft glow against her darkly colored hair. She stepped her right foot forward and brought her saber-wielding left arm back behind her shoulder, right hand almost lazily rising in front of her angled torso. "The blade position to the stance allows you to cross your blade comfortably to almost any point and defend yourself from the first strike easily."

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom