Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Defiant Battleship/Starship or XS-2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZPBvZRl.jpg

KG0rKRf.jpg

Defiant class battleship.

Image 1 Source: Stargate Universe. (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/BC-304)
Image 2 Source: Stargate Universe. (http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/collections/130117887?view_mode=2)

Affiliation: Milek-Xiz'Shajdinen Sajna / Sanryder Casem-Tuq. (Sajnen Confederate / House of Sunrider)
Manufacturer: Xiz'tentek Sanryder. (Sunrider Tech Industries)
Model: XS-2005
Modularity: Possible
Production: Unique (Outside of Sajnen Confederate)
Material: Transparisteel view ports, Quadranium enforced fuel tanks and frame, Durasteel Hull
Classification: Battleship / Starship

Length: 225 metres.
Width: 95 metres.
Height: 75 metres.

Armament:
  • 24 Railguns (Effective against larger captal ships)
  • 10 Light standard turbolasers (Effective against small fighter ships)
  • 20 Standard laser cannons (Good for tracking small starfighters and tracking enemy missiles targeting the ship)
  • 8 concussion missiles
  • 8 proton torpedoes.
Hangar:
  • 12 Starfighters
  • 4 small shuttle craft
  • Kixi's personal Starfighter, the Cǎlder mit Arkhan
  • Mako's personal ship a Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft.
Special Features:
  • Engines: Maneuvering thrusters, Sublight drive, Zinglon hyperdrive.
  • Shielding: Zinglon shields / Heavy Deflector Shield Generator
  • Hull : Durasteel
  • Sensor Systems: Standard system array (Zinglon made).
  • Targeting Systems: Standard targeting systems (Sajnen made)
  • Escape pods
  • Holonet transceiver
  • Encryption network
  • Tractor beams
  • Brig
  • Can enter atmosphere and land
Manoeuvrability rating: 8
Speed: 10
Hyperdrive Class: x1

Strengths:
  • Unusually powerful shields
  • Unusually powerful weapons
  • Manoeuvrability.
Weaknesses:
  • Powerful shields compensate for weaker hull. Without shields, ship cannot withstand too many hits.
  • Zinglon weapons are draining on power core, thus cannot be fired too many times in rapid succession.
  • Ship's impressive manoeuvrability is a result of weaker hull.
Description: The XS-2005 also referred to as a Defiant Battleship is a warship and deep space carrier. It is used primarily by the noble House of Sunrider which is part of a bigger union known as the Sajnen Confederate. The technology behind the ship is a combination sourced from both Human and Zinglon species. The ship is used for various tasks such as warfare, transport, and deep space exploration. The MXS Morihei Ueshiba owned by Kixi Rajki is the sole ship of its type to venture outside the Confederate and into this Galaxy. It's role in the Galaxy is no different to what it was in the Confederate of origin.

Intent: Allow Kixi Rajki and co, passage into the Galaxy from that of her origin. Allow Kixi Rajki and co travel between the stars, planets etc in the Galaxy.

Who Can Use This: Kixi Rajki (Captain), Mako Zaneca (First Officer)

** The Züncålidiom language, the Sajnen Confederate, its associated political parties, the Cǎlder mit Arkhan and the Zinglon are the sole creation and work of Kixi Rajki / Špela Kristijana Rajki **

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Kixi Rajki"], welcome to the factory.

All of our starship submissions follow those in the starship template guide. This standardization makes it easier for everyone to quickly find things so that we can focus on RPing, rather than hunting for certain details. If you need any help filling out this submission out in the template form, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Some of these sentences also appear to be taken directly out of the BC-304 page on the Stargate wiki. There's nothing wrong with being inspired by material from another universe, but directly copying something is considered a form of plagiarism, which is against the site's factory rules.

Once those things are done, we can get to work on completing this ship.

Gir Quee said:
[member="Kixi Rajki"], welcome to the factory.

All of our starship submissions follow those in the starship template guide. This standardization makes it easier for everyone to quickly find things so that we can focus on RPing, rather than hunting for certain details. If you need any help filling out this submission out in the template form, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Some of these sentences also appear to be taken directly out of the BC-304 page on the Stargate wiki. There's nothing wrong with being inspired by material from another universe, but directly copying something is considered a form of plagiarism, which is against the site's factory rules.

Once those things are done, we can get to work on completing this ship.
The copying wasn't deliberate. My character is a cross universe character between Star Wars and Stargate Univeses, plus has minor inspirations from others. The ship is supposed to be that from the Stargate Universe. I'm happy to use one of your templates and re-do it all, (This will take some time), however my ship is supposed to be that built from the Stargate Universe. I want it for example to have and refer to things like Asgard hyperdrive and Asgard this and that because that is what it is supposed to be. Or is cross universe not allowed? If not that could be a problem because if you read the bio of Kixi Rajki, you'll find it is cross universed. Anyway let me know regarding this because it will take time to re-do all this with one of those ship templates and I don't want to do anything for nothing if it ends up being not allowed.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"], check out rule number 2 here.

What we can do though, if you're up for it, is to make a ship based loosely on the Daedalus-class Out-of-Character, but it would be made in the Star Wars universe In-character.

Gir Quee said:
[member="Kixi Rajki"], check out rule number 2 here.

What we can do though, if you're up for it, is to make a ship based loosely on the Daedalus-class Out-of-Character, but it would be made in the Star Wars universe In-character.
Okay so not allowed. So probably will have to rename the names of things so it isn't Stargate anymore and can fit in with Star Wars stuff. Can give it a go. Will take time though. But what I was thinking was say instead of using Asgard, to make up something else alien and say that Asgard tech came from that alien race. With the Earth desigh of the ship, perhaps I can say it is from one of the Terran worlds in Star Wars universe like the sesswena system. Not sure if this is how I would change it but once again I'm asking because I don't want to spend a lot of time on this only to realise I've done it all wrong. Oh and am I allowed to call it a Daedalus class ship?

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"], I think calling it the Daedalus would be skirting it a little close.

I think it's certainly possible to create a ship that looks and sort of feels like the Daedulus does in the star wars setting. It would be entirely possible to have a ship made by humans, but using technology adapted from an alien species. Bear in mind though that some technology listed so far doesn't have a Star Wars equivalent, such as the transporters.

Gir Quee said:
[member="Kixi Rajki"], I think calling it the Daedalus would be skirting it a little close.

I think it's certainly possible to create a ship that looks and sort of feels like the Daedulus does in the star wars setting. It would be entirely possible to have a ship made by humans, but using technology adapted from an alien species. Bear in mind though that some technology listed so far doesn't have a Star Wars equivalent, such as the transporters.
Yeah I figured that would be the case with transporters and the Star Wars in general. Although human, my character is alien to the Galaxy. Anyway for all intent and purposes and to stick with the rules, probably best to leave my character out of this and focus just on the ship. So basically can't use any tech with no Star Wars universe equivalent such as transporters. With any of the other stuff, can do so as long as there is a stars was equivalent or similar weapon or tech. I'm assuming I can still give these things my own names. Anyway I'll give it a bash. Will take time though. Maybe a week as have to fit it in with other stuff I got to do. I really love that Daedalus ship. :)

Kixi Rajki said:
With any of the other stuff, can do so as long as there is a stars was equivalent or similar weapon or tech. I'm assuming I can still give these things my own names.
Generally speaking, yes. I'll probably be asking for some clarifications though if it doesn't seem readily understandable in the description.

[member="Gir Quee"]
Ok this is what I've done. I hope it's better. I've clearly never done this before. I think that shows. I guess with trial and error I'll get it right.

Pls note. There are no more Cross universe to Stargate or any other. Only reference to Stargate is where I got the ship's picture which is compulsory. The non star wars stuff such as Sajnen Confederate, House of Sunrider, the language associated with Sajna (should be obvious what part that is), the Calder mit Arkhan and the Zinglon species are solely my own creations and as far as I can tell, there is no rule that says I cannot do this.

So here goes.

Daedalus class battleship.

Image Source: Stargate Universe. (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/BC-304)
Affiliation: Milek-Xiz'Shajdinen Sajna / Sanryder Casem-Tuq. (Sajnen Confederate / House of Sunrider)
Species technology sourced from: Human and Zinglon
Manufacturer: Xiz'tentek Sanryder. (Sunrider Tech Industries)
Model: XS-2005
Modularity: Possible
Production: Unique (Outside of Sajnen Confederate)
Material: Transparisteel view ports, Quadranium enforced fuel tanks and frame, Durasteel Hull
Classification: Battleship / Starship
Length: 225 metres.
Width: 95 metres.
Height: 75 metres.

Armament:
4 Zinglon plasma beam weapons
32 Railguns
16 Missile Tubes which includes nuclear missiles

Hangar: Holds 12 Starfighters, 4 small shuttle craft, Kixi's personal Starfighter the Calder mit Arkhan and Mako's personal ship a Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft.

Strengths: Powerful shields, fast hyperdrive, powerful weapons, manoeuvrability.
Weaknesses: Zinglon weapons are draining on power core, Without shields hull not very strong.

Maximum speed : 80,000 km/sec.
Hyperdrive Class: 0.03
Hyperdrive System: Intergalactic
Engines: Maneuvering thrusters, Sublight drive, Zinglon hyperdrive.
Shielding: Zinglon shields / Heavy Deflector Shield Generator
Hull : Durasteel
Sensor Systems: Zinglon system array
Targeting Systems: Sajnen targeting systems
Also features: Escape pods, Holonet transceiver, Encryption network, Tractor beams, Brig.

Description: The XS-2005 also referred to as a Daedalus Battleship is a warship and deep space carrier. It is used primarily by the noble House of Sunrider which is part of a bigger union known as the Sajnen Confederate. The ship is used for various tasks such as warfare, transport, and deep space exploration. The MXS Morihei Ueshiba owned by Kixi Rajki is the sole ship of its type to venture outside the Confederate and into this Galaxy. It's role in the Galaxy is no different to what was in the Confederate of origin.

Intent: Allow Kixi Rajki and co, passage into the Galaxy from Andromeda. Allow Kixi Rajki and co travel between the stars, planets etc in the Galaxy.
Who Can Use This: Kixi Rajki (Captain), Mako Zaneca (First Officer)

With the name Daedalus, I know it may be skirting a little close, but other Univeses such as Star Trek have a Daedalus too. I think there is or was also a real life submarine used by the U.S. that has that name. Daedalus isn't owned by the Stargate Universe. Anyway thought I would mention it. If it has to be changed then that's not really that hard. [member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"], it looks we're getting there. The current concept of the ship combined with the Daedulus name is a no-go. It's too close. Please find a different name.

4 Zinglon plasma beam weapons
Can you elaborate on this? How equivalent are these to a standard turbolaser?

16 Missile Tubes which includes nuclear missiles
Nuclear missiles are going to be problematic. I'd take a look at choosing something like a proton torpedo, a concussion missile or something here.

Maximum speed : 80,000 km/sec.
We have a speed chart here. Based on that, I would suggest a speed of around 9 or 10.

Hyperdrive Class: 0.03
The smaller the number, the faster the hyperdrive speed. The fastest known hyperdrive in the Star Wars universe so far was x0.4, and that was on an especially exceptional and small ship. Somewhere between x1 and x2 would be normal in this setting for a ship this size.

Kixi Rajki said:
Sensor Systems: Zinglon system array Targeting Systems: Sajnen targeting systems

Are these any different in performance or methodology from usual star wars sensors? If not, I'd suggest saying Zinglon-made sensors, Sajnen-made targeting systems, and so forth. If they are different from standard star wars technology, please explain how they are different in your description.

Kixi Rajki said:
Strengths: Powerful shields, fast hyperdrive, powerful weapons, manoeuvrability. Weaknesses: Zinglon weapons are draining on power core, Without shields hull not very strong.
This currently looks unbalanced. As a general rule of thumb, for every strength there should be a weakness of equal magnitude.

For example, you could say that the ship has unusually potent weaponry, but has a weak hull.

As well, please do not add fields to the template. If you have information there that you would want to include in the submission, please place it in the description paragraph.

Lastly, to keep the number of posts down, we typically "edit" the first post of a submission and make changes right in that initial post.

[member="Gir Quee"]. I've made changes according. I've deleted the original post and put it there so go back to the start to see it. Atm I'm doing this using an iPhone 5 as not home. Painful! I'll neat things up with bolding fonts, colouring fonts etc after everything is good to go from your end.

Take your time with the editting; I'm so terrible with editting on a phone that I don't even try it anymore. Anyways...

Kixi Rajki said:
passage into the Galaxy from Andromeda

As per the roleplay rule #2 that we talked about earlier, please remove this reference.

Kixi Rajki said:
32 Railguns

What scale are these railguns at? Are they good against starfighters, capital ships, incoming missiles, etc?

Kixi Rajki said:
16 Missile Tubes which includes concussion missiles, proton torpedoes and magma missiles. (Yuuzhan Vong equivalent)

You can either specifically divide this up , like 8 Concussion Missile Launchers and 8 Proton Torpedo launchers, or find a type of canon warhead that allows you to fire different types of missiles, such as a Flex Tube launcher. It's not likely that you'll find a warhead launcher capable of launching magma missiles and normal warheads, given how different Vong technology is from the galactic standard.

The latest version looks much closer to the template, but there's a couple of things that are different with it, such as it not having a maneuverability rating (which should be close to or the same as the speed rating), "maximum speed" should just be "speed", and so forth.

asdf

[member="Gir Quee"]. Removed reference to Andromeda although that was never relevant to the Stargate universe so I take it your assumption to cross universe would've been that Andromeda is real life and the cross wound've been Star Wars universe with real life.

Added manoeuvrability rating. Changed maximum speed to just speed.

Elaborated on Railguns effectiveness plus added standard turbo lasers.

Elaborated on amount of concussion and proton torpedoes and removed magma missiles.

Also can I add more pictures of the ship showing 2D drawings of front, rear, side, top and bottom? Pics are in my photobucket account.

[member="Kixi Rajki"], It's okay if you want to add more pictures; just make sure you add the appropiate references on where you found them originally.

Kixi Rajki said:
Zinglon made system array (Alien equivalent to Yuuzhan Vong)
Vong sensors aren't exactly well defined in canon Star Wars. I would suggest just noting this as "standard sensor array (Zinglon-made)".

20 Standard Turbo lasers (Effective against small fighter ships)
Turbolasers typically aren't effective against starfighters. If you wanted, you could make them "light turbolasers" which are smaller and have better tracking against enemy starfighters than normal turbolasers. I might consider using normal "laser cannons" as well, which are even better at tracking small starfighters and can track enemy missiles that might strike your ship, but they do have a shorter range.

16 Missile Tubes which consists of 8 concussion missiles and 8 proton torpedoes.
I'd note this as:

8 Concussion Missile Launchers
8 Proton Torpedo Launchers

Strengths: Unusually powerful shields, unusually powerful weapons, manoeuvrability.

Weaknesses: Powerful shields compensate for weaker hull. Without shields, ship cannot withstand too many hits. Zinglon weapons are draining on power core, thus cannot be fired too many times in rapid succession. Ship's impressive manoeuvrability is a result of weaker hull.
As per the template, please move this to fall after the "Hyperdrive Class".

Kixi Rajki said:
Hyperdrive System: Intergalactic
Remove this please. Theoretically, all hyperdrives are capable of this, but it would be a rather long journey.

Engines: Maneuvering thrusters, Sublight drive, Zinglon hyperdrive.
Shielding: Zinglon shields / Heavy Deflector Shield Generator
Hull : Durasteel
Sensor Systems: Zinglon made system array (Alien equivalent to Yuuzhan Vong)
Targeting Systems: Sajnen made targeting systems (Human equivalent to standard systems used in an Imperial Star Destroyer)
Also features: Escape pods, Holonet transceiver, Encryption network, Tractor beams, Brig.

As per the template, please move this to "Special Features", which should be just under the hangar. Again, I'd recommend that things be "Zinglon-made" (such as the hyperdrive and shields). If you're interested, there is this standardout loadout for "Special Features" that most people use, but it's not mandatory:

• Communications Array
    [*]Encryption Network
    [*]Escape Pods
    [*]Holonet Transceiver
    [*]Standard Deflector Shield Generator
    [*]Standard Detention Cells
    [*]Standard Life Support Systems
    [*]Standard Navigational Systems
    [*]Standard Sensor Array
    [*]Standard Targeting Systems
    [*]Tractor Beam Projectors
    [*]Can Enter Atmosphere and Land

Kixi Rajki said:
4 Zinglon plasma beam weapons (Equivalent to Turboblaster Blisters)
By equivalent to a Turbolaser Blister, you mean as in the cluster of Turbolasers found on the Dreandaught-class Heavy Cruiser? A quick search via google points towards this ship for the Outbound Flight. In any case, Turbolaser Blisters don't exactly have a definitive number given for how many turbolasers might be placed on them, could you give me a solid number of how many turbolasers this would equate to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom