Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Debts in Foreign Air

Debts in Foreign Air
Dorin
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

saria_divider.png

To say Saria was struggling was an understatement.

The young Mirialan woman was beside herself with pain, her chest heavy as she tried to adapt to being in a new atmosphere. Even with a breathing mask, the weight on her lungs was a lot to handle. She had been determined to learn from the sages here at the new enclave and prepare herself to work in more hostile negotiation environments, but all efforts to focus seemed moot. She needed to take a breather, and quite literally at that.

Saria had found a secluded bench to sit and catch her breath, away from the classes she had been so intent on attending. It was ironic, she pondered, that she struggled so much in this new air when the Kel Dor were forced to do the same elsewhere. Perhaps this was karma for that struggle.

She just hoped she could figure it out.

d185ab3f19911a5f00263f29b3985056.jpg

Tag: Saria Rae Saria Rae
Z9U36lL.png

Ko tried to use his dual enrollment between the NJO and Baran Do to help in any way he could in reconnecting the two organizations on his homeworld. Often being used as a translator or middle man. Even though many force Adapts relied a lot (maybe even too much) on Comprehend Speech as an ability. Many words didn’t have direct translations and often required cultural knowledge to make the most of understanding it. Not to mention things like mannerisms of customs.

As he finished up with his latest task for the day he walked the halls of the newly reestablished Jedi enclave. Something he hadn’t expected to come across a familiar aura with The Force. It was Saria, a pleasant yet chatty young woman he met once before at a gathering.

To Ko it made sense that she might end up here. Saria seemed to value the more academic and diplomatic aspects of being a Jedi much like he had at one point. The young Kel Dor strolled over to where she sat. “Good afternoon Miss Saria… Or is it evening now?” Ko said, unsure of what time it actually was now. Since it was much harder to see what time it was when blind. He then realized that she might not recognize him among all the other Dorin natives here and without his mask. All he had was some wrapping around his missing eyes. “Oh, and uh, I’m Ko by the way. We met at Pol Anaxes.”

Dorin

saria_divider.png

“H-huh? Oh, yes, I recall,” Saria nodded to the newcomer.

Her composure was usually immaculate, but she was really struggling to adjust. She tried her best to recompose herself and fix her posture, adjusting her hood and smoothing out the wrinkles in her shirt. It hardly mattered that Ko was blind, she wanted to feel presentable at the very least.

“It’s evening, I believe,” she noted. “Apologies, I’m struggling to adapt to the change in atmospheric pressure and time zone. I’ve not been here for long…”

She tilted her head, observing him.

“I imagine this perplexing state must be a familiar observance to you while abroad, yes?”

Z9U36lL.png

So it was evening. Ko really ought to pick himself up some sort of analog watch for himself. Although it would be a pain setting it to the different rotational times of every world he visited. Perhaps he should cover his wrist in a number of old watches set to the various worlds he most often visited.

Ko listened to Saria’s explanation. She wasn’t accustomed to the unique atmosphere here on Dorin. “I understand. Believe it or not it took me some getting used to coming back here as well. I didn’t know that it would be such a work out for my jaw just to be able to chew food again freely.” The Kel Dor explained with a soft chuckle. Other than time zones he never needed to acclimate much between worlds. Since he always needed to have his antiox mask on no matter what.

“But yes, there’s a lot of hurdles visitors to Dorin need to overcome here. Not just environmental, but social as well.” Ignorant opportunists that came here often found themselves faced with a swift deportation or worse. “If you ever find yourself stuck outside during one of our storms. Knock on the nearest door. I guarantee you’ll be welcomed with open arms so long as someone is inside.” It was customary for anyone unfortunate enough to be without shelter during a storm to be looked after and invited into people’s homes and establishments. Just a bit of advice Ko wanted to pass down to Saria.

“I imagine you’re here to work with the Jedi on the reestablished enclave right?” Ko asked as he took a seat next to her on the bench.

Last edited:

Dorin

saria_divider.png

“I imagine you’re here to work with the Jedi on the reestablished enclave right?”

"I am, yes." Saria nodded. "I'm hoping to increase my conversational skills and learn what I can of other force traditions. I believe such will give me a far broader perspective to utilize in later negotiations."

She tilted her head, tapping on her mask as she pondered the words that Ko shared about the hospitality of the people of Dorin. The young Mirialan woman had seen such herself. It was almost miraculous that such a society could develop on such a hostile world. She couldn't help but smile a little as she thought on the matter.

"I have greatly apprectated the hospitality," she noted, agreeing with his statement. "I had some concerns about such given the planet's hostility, but I've been met with nothing put gracious conduct. It's a far cry from even some Core Worlds. Of course, being from Nar Shaddaa, I am not unfamiliar with intergalactic armpits. This is a splendid change of pace."

If only she could breathe so that she could enjoy it better. The tightness in her chest was really hard to ignore...

Z9U36lL.png

“I can understand that, in the past Baran Do have been shrewd negotiators and responsible for averting entire wars and disasters in their advice to leaders throughout here on Dorin.” Ko replied after she mentioned what she hoped to accomplish here on his homeworld.

Listening to her response Ko ‘smiled’ softly. “I suppose it is a little odd isn’t it. It’s not uncommon for hostile worlds to create hostile people. But somehow it seems as though we went another direction almost in spite of that.” As he sat next to her he was reminded of something from their prior encounter.

“You know running into you here reminds me, we never quite got to have the fun we agreed to back on Pole Anaxes. So if you’re not busy as of now, perhaps we can finally complete our prior objective together.” Ko suggested with a friendly tone. Hoping that Saria might be up to it. Although he wondered if her struggles with the climate might be a hurdle they’d need to get over first.

Last edited:

Dorin

VaKmghK.png

“You know running into you here reminds me, we never quite got to have the fun we agreed to back on Pole Anaxes. So if you’re not busy as of now, perhaps we can finally complete our prior objective together.”

“Ah, indeed,” Saria nodded. “A sharp memory on you. Yes, I believe I have some time to spare.”

Saria gave a laugh, getting to her feet and brushing herself off. She most certainly would have preferred doing this when they had intended at the event on Anaxes, but better late than never. It was unfortunate than she had to leave her good dress behind. Still, if anything she was happy to try and unwind, adjust to the air.

“Perhaps it will help my breathing,” she mused.

Z9U36lL.png

“Oh excellent, yeah I probably should’ve asked first if you were even free to do so.” Ko replied, and now that he brought it up he wasn’t actually sure what the two of them could do together. At least something that could be mutually enjoyable. If he was being honest however, he wasn’t really sure what Saria had wanted to do originally.

Still though he wasn’t sure how much of an issue her breathing will be. “I’ve often heard that limiting the breathing in your mouth can help foreigners here.” Ko really didn’t know why breathing through a nose might make things better. Since he didn’t really have a nose himself. But he’d heard it was a simple breathing exercise that can help people get more used to conditions here. “I’m not sure if that would help but it might be worth a shot.”

With that Ko then stood up with her. “So uh, what was it that you actually wanted to do back on Pole Anaxes. If there was anything specific that you had in mind.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom