Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death is Not Permanent

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Below the monolithic Temple of Kings, beneath is roaring furnaces, heaving bellows, and hungry flames, a compound far more advanced than anything on the surface sits. Technology of a bygone era, considered advance, even by today's technological standards. Although empty, and blanketed in layers of dust, the machinery and systems still run, keeping thousands of empty vessels alive in their plasteel coffins. Holographic projections present readouts to any who would find this hidden facility. But none had ever stumbled across the secret door carefully disguised within Dax's own chambers.

The man may have been gone for who knew how long now, but his people continued to function, and his chambers had been left untouched. Clothes, the attire of any other resident of the Rim, sat in drawers and wardrobes. Relics of his exploits, artifacts of the Sith, the Jedi, the Dathomiri and many more sat on shelves, contained in nullifying casing. His desk, laden with paperwork from his tenure as the Grand Marshall, left unsigned and forgotten. But one thing stood out upon that oaken desk. A picture. Not a holo, as was so often used now, but a physical photograph, framed in simple wood and protected by transparisteel, the contents obscured by a thick layer or dust.

Surely, you wonder where this hidden passage is? One might notice a large tapestry, depicting a beneficent woman, radiantly shining her light over the galaxy...and behind that...nothing but stone. Or so one might think...Were it not for one particular stone, placed almost unnoticeably further into the wall than others. What would happen if you pressed it? I'll tell you. The stones before you would sink into the wall and slide away, only to reveal a staircase descending far and deep into darkness. How far did it go?

The curious would delve deep, and find that it emptied into the secret facility. What kind of facility you ask? Why, a cloning facility, of course. Row upon rows of naked clones of the missing Marshall sat suspended in fluids, the holographic projections throwing out vitals and other pertinent information. Atop each cloning tank, a solitary red light glowed. Except for one...who's light blinked green, on and off, on and off...

What had Dax Fyre been doing down here?

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

The force had spoken to the wondering man of the outback, dreams of a temple, a king and lawman, a friend had whispered to him from the veil. It was time, he was to meet back with the old king made young. He had used his station with the judges, and friendship with the great king to be allowed to enter the sacred chambers. As he walked the shared history spoke to him as his foot falls echoed in the stillness. Visions had showed him the path, the hidden passage, and the Ancient machine below.

"Clones?"

Bryce was acquainted with the medical sciences, but it stuck him how old this facility felt. As he walked by row after row of metal chambers he was overcome by the feeling of something, one he hadn't felt since he was in the presence of...

"Oh hi Dax!..."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Even as the Forcer reached out and touched Dax's mind, all that returned was an overwhelming feeling of anguish, and an all consuming hunger. Whatever Bryce knew as Dax was buried deep beneath the sea of darkness that had been forced its way to the surface.

The blinking green cloning tube, just like the dozens of others it sat among, had one, very specific control box. A very large red button, placed right on the side. Above it, a label reading 'RELEASE'. Well, it was clear what the cloning tube would do if that was pressed. But what would Dax do?

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Bryce's next series of actions were all but a given. He had been away from his duties, wondering in the outback, collecting lore and following his heart. It was he heart again and love of his friend that caused him to ignore the shadow of hate that surrounded the new vessel of Dax. As he pressed the button he heard the the hiss of the seals release, vending the artificial environment into the natural one of Won Shasot. and the click of the lock, holding the lid closed to release.

As he back away he held his hands out to try and calm the new creation about to be released.

"Woo, Easy there saber cat, remember me, it is pinky, your old buddy Bryce, no need to get all sithy on me, ok?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The cloning tube hissed as Bryce pressed the release, first steam and pressurized air venting, followed by the door swinging wildly open, spilling its contents of kolto and body onto the floor. At first, the body didn't move. Was it dead? Then a wet, hacking cough exited the lungs, alongside a liquid that smelled far too sterile to have come from any body.

The naked man got onto his hands and knees, still coughing and spilling out the remainder of liquids from his lungs.

"Woo, Easy there saber cat, remember me, it is pinky, your old buddy Bryce, no need to get all sithy on me, ok?"

Amber eyes flashed up at the man before a hand reached out. A resounding boom echoed through the room as a kinetic blast was unleashed from the clones hand, aimed right at Bryce.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Bryce took the blast right in the chest and was sent flying back and into the wall behind him. As he slowly but purposely rose to his feet he brushed the dust off his cloths. Turning to face the host shell of Dax he gave him a look that said "Really? What the Feth dude?"

"Well now that we know where each other stands, let me illuminate the situation for you. And I'm not talking words here I mean my turn!"

Summing the power of the force to his hands the began to glow bright with a pure, blinding light. Force light that is.

"Do you see me now Dax, or do I need to turn it up!"

As Bryce spoke he continued to pour more and more force into Dax, trying to drive out the dark sides grip on his spirit, and bring his friend back from the brink.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Not-Dax's eyes burned as Bryce began to literally glow, the golden light burning an after image into the fractured mind of the Darksider, long after he had covered his eyes and began to convulse in pain. The ex-Marshall's new body fell to it's knees as it thrashed about, the Dark side clinging desperately to its vessel. A loud, long scream began to resonate from his vocal chords, part pain, part raged fueled fury, and the volume only increased. The glass coffins that surrounded the two Forcers suddenyl burst into a thousand tiny fragments, spilling their contents across the floor. Whether or not it broke the Wanderer's concentration made no difference as the Darksider reached out with the Force and gripped one of the now life-less clone bodies and flung it at Bantam.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Ooooff," was all Bryce could say as the lifeless mostly formed Dax body fell on top of him. As he tumbled to the ground once again he was really beginning to get the impression that Dax didn't like him.

"Feth, seriously dude? I mean you just threw you at me, who does that?"

Bryce pushed the lifeless shell of Dax to the ground and once again stood up with purpose. As he did his hand and now his eyes began to glow with the cleaning power of the force. As he closed in on the still prone Dax he amped on the power even more. If Dax was gonna stop him this time it would need to be point blank and hand to hand.

"The power of the force compels you, the power of the force compels you. Demon be gone!"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Bryce fell into the pile of Dax-bodies. "Feth, seriously dude? I mean you just threw you at me, who does that?" If only I were writing normal Dax here...so many funny quips about that I could've gone with...instead, as Bryce got back to his feet, not-as-fun-Dax attempted to gather the Force, but found he could not touch it. Enraged further, the man charged forward as he began to glow once more. "The power of the force compels you, the power of the force compels you. Demon be gone!"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Hhhhuuuu," Bryce said as Dax came shooting at him like a missile and straight into his ribs. Naked as the day he was released (because it was) and slick with cloning fluid Bryce struggled to wrestle the crazed clone from his mid section. As the two thrashed Bryce continues his verbal assault.

"Dude, I'm know I'm sexy as feth but you need to control those raging hormones. I mean come on captain clone, you're a good looking dude and all but lets face it, I'm way out of your league here."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Dax clone was certainly making Bryce's life difficult. You'd think a guy would be grateful to be released from containment after Force knows how long? But nope, here Dax was doing his best to wrap his slippery fingers around his friends throat and squeeze the life out of him. Sorry Bryce. Dax will buy you lunch or something later.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom