Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death is NEVER certain (Hakora and Amnell)

Hakora walked the surface of the planet Ossus and looked over the scenery as it was quite a beautiful planet. He had three kantanas on his side, two of normal length and one was a short katana. He was making his way to the ruins of an old jedi temple seeking out some holocrons for the Vitae Order to learn about the Jedi of old as Hakora was like a Jedi unleashed to do whatever it takes to stop evil, but he was a force user who did not remember the ability of the force. He entered the ruins to see what it held.

[member="Amnell de Portiers"]

Amnell de Portiers

The Girl With An Expiration Date
Breathing in deeply, Amnell loved the feel of the cool morning breeze upon her skin. Something about the day felt strange, though she'd been given no indication that there was anything wrong at all. It felt normal, and for a change her body wasn't in absolute agony. She'd even woken from bed without the stiffness that she usually suffered from, having to lay in bed waiting for some of it to subside before her day could begin. Today, just wasn't like that. Everything told her it would be one of her better days, if not for the nagging feeling in the back of her mind that something was coming.

Sighing the young woman walked slowly towards the old ruins, just to explore a little, stretch her legs. Beyond that she had no plans, nothing she really needed to do, just that desire to walk a little. Nine, her droid, an R9 unit, followed along beside her, beeping his annoyance at her wandering so far from home today. "It'll be fine Nine, it's not like I'm going to get into any trouble." If only the little droid had eyes, it would have rolled them in exasperation at that slender brunette woman. "It's just a walk."

[member="Hakora Rhapsodos"]

Hakora made his way through the ruins keeping his senses alert in case something came at him. He was really impressed with the incarvings and the designs of the old temple. He made his way downward which opened into a training room that now had cracked walls and overgrown with vegetation. He was looking at a broken down training droid when he heard a crack of a stick behind him. He drew his sword and spun on a dime aiming to take the head off, but stopping short of their neck to find his Katana was to the neck of a woman with a droid. Hakora noticed she looked unarmed, but did not lower his sword until he knew it was safe. "Who are you and why are you sneaking up on me?"

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell eye's widened as she froze instantly with the Katana so close to her neck. Her desire to step back, instantly quashed as she knew too well that might only present her as a threat. Nine, squealed a series of loud beeps at the stranger demanding to know what the hell he thought he was doing.

"Easy, Nine." She took in a deep breath, her eyes locked on the blade not the man. "I ... I'm Amnell, and I wasn't sneaking... I was just taking a walk. I mean you no harm." The brunette spoke quietly, trying to keep calm in an otherwise extremely dangerous situation. "Do you mind putting the blade away? I don't exactly carry any weapons. Nor am I really capable on my own of doing you any harm at all. There's nothing to fear from me." Though there was a subtle weakness below the surface, a tamed agony barely kept contained. Every movement, every breathe hurt the young woman, but she did her best to hide all of that from the outside universe.

Hakora held his blade to her for a bit longer and then brought it away and into a spin flourish before he sheathed it. There was a certain sadness or pain in her eyes and Hakora chalked it up to his actions. "I apologize, in my line of work one can't be too careful. I am Hakora Rhapsodos, Knight of the Vitae Order. Now, why would you take a walk in an old ruin like this where dangerous creatures or unstable areas could fall and harm you. Hakora then looked around a bit, still on his search for the holocrons on the history and teachings of the Jedi here on Ossus.

Amnell de Portiers

"It is dangerous business going out the door in the morning, I could be hit by a stray speeder or shot by a blaster bolt of someone else's fight. That is fact. And even being so I am not about to allow to stop me from leaving my home." She sighed softly, looking to the ancient ruins about her, "This place, there is history in every stone. Even the wind breathes stories untold. While there might be danger, I'm not about to let that keep me from witnessing the simple beauty of the power that once resided here."

She turned for a second looking to the droid, "Plus I have Nine. It's not the first time I have walked here. He keeps track of what's stable, what is not. Mapped it out the first time I came here a few years back. So truly, I have nothing to fear here. Except maybe, you." After all he did draw a weapon on her and Amnell wasn't entirely trusting of someone after that. "Which leaves me to my own question. Why are you here?"

Hakora smiled and nodded in agreement. "Not to mention such evils as One Sith, Black Sun and Mandalorians, the Galaxy is a dangerous place. Sometimes to fight for freedom you must fight fire with fire. I am here in search of Jedi Holocrons. There was a Master on this planet who was not only a Jedi, but believed in a non passive Jedi who did seek to fight evil before it gained ground." Hakora then walked over to a wall with something engraved in it that was hard to figure out what was engraved due to years and years of wind and weather wearing it down. He reached up feeling the wall looking for something. " Also, as I stated I am a Knight of the Vitae order. They are a group of Jedi, grey Jedi, exiled Sith and non force users who fight for freedom. We all have different philosophies, but our goals of order, freedom and justice is what binds us and is why we fight. I am one of the nine force users, but I can use a lightsaber and fight like one." Due to Hakora's memory wipe he had no rememberence of being a grey jedi or the force so to him, his words were true. "Now, I have been honest with you, tell me about you. What drives you? Why do you exist?

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell raised an eyebrow. "Considering that the Mandos have a strict sense of duty, honor and loyalty, as well as fighting constantly against the Sith in all their variants I would not call them evil in any way. If you choose to fight fire, with fire ..... They are the people I'd ally with." Spoken as she winced slightly upon her next step forward. With a sigh, she slowly sat down to rest on a stone for a moment. "While I can agree that the One Sith are in fact evil, the Black Sun exists in varying in shades of grey. Not all of them are evil sleazebags. You cannot shove the galaxy into two boxes of black or white with nothing in between. Most people fit somewhere between those two extremes. Only a tiny portion of Sentients exist on the extremes of that."

She gave a shrug, "Life. Life is what drives me. I just want to live as long as I can, enjoying what I have. It's all I want, and maybe more time. After all time is the most precious resource we have."

Her eyes then drifted downward, when he asked why she existed.... The answer wasn't so simple and that wasn't an answer she'd give to a completely stranger. I exist to suffer miserably at the hands of my own body. My own existence tied to a disease that is killing me slowly, bit by bit.While I try to fight for every scrap of life and time I can get.

"Why I exist? I just like machines, fixing them, improving them. Isn't much more than that to me. Makes me happy, what more could I ask for?" She simply stated in the end. It wasn't the whole truth, but it was a half truth. The best she'd give at this juncture.

"I can understand why you would seek such a holocron here. But I doubt that it's remained behind. These ruins have been ravaged by several wars and many archaeologists." She said with a soft smile.

"That my dear is a fundamental issue that we address, 'how can you fight evil when evil to some is a perspective?' It is quite simple, we see it as an absolute and we hold three values; life, freedom, and unity in that order. Life is the most important because we may be willing to fight, but like the Jedi we value life and don't take it lightly and strive to avoid killing at all costs unless it is dangerous to leave the person alive. One Sith and Black Sun itself is evil, but individually fighting them doesn't always mean battle, could mean giving them a way out, a new life, freedom." Hakora moved to a new wall and began feeling around on it. "Speaking of life, you are hiding something. Your words and voice hint at someone who has lost hope, but fights with everything she has to gain hope back." Just then Hakota's hand sank into the wall a little and some loud popping sounds happened and then horrible grinding as the wall began to move apart to reveal a secret tunnel that appeared to havent opened it quite a long time. "I do not presume to know everything or be perfect in judgement, but that is why our order is many. One voice can make a tyrant, but many makes a Republic."

Amnell de Portiers

@Hakora Rhapsodos

"Absolutes leave no room for progress. How is your group supposed to advance, without being able to change some things. Without having the freedom an absolute does not offer." A sith's game I'm told. "Then define evil. I want to hear it from you exactly what you define as evil because we are far from on the same page there." In fact they couldn't have been more different in their beliefs. "Because one could theoretically call what you are doing now ... as evil. Looking for old artifacts, without the permission of the Jedi. Some would call that stealing. And it's exactly what the Black Sun folk do frequently. Do you really view yourself as better than them?" It made no sense to her for him to be doing this but calling out evil in every other fashion.

A shrug came with a slight wince for the effort. "It's not important. A personal struggle, but thank you for your concern." It wasn't a story she told many save for those closest to her, and the friendly HRD who managed to figure it out all on her own. Even now she was extremely hesitant to disclose her condition.

Ooc: Apologies got wrapped up in CJ/Event stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom