Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Mr. Beviin

[member="Darian Beviin"]

Mr. Beviin,

My name is Mara. I'm a philanthropist, and I'd like to hire you for a mercenary contract. I apologize in advance if I stumble in anything to do with Mandalorian culture. I spend most of my time a long way from Mandalorian territory, and I've never needed to hire a mercenary before. I'm told that you're a blacksmith who can work Mandalorian iron. Don't worry: unlike everyone else you presumably ever meet, I have no interest in getting my hands on some bespoke weapon or suit of armor. Your occupation interests me because I think you'll have an eye for workable quality, structural integrity, etc. in the material I need collected.

In the interests of full disclosure, I should mention that I'm a trained Force-sensitive. That said, I don't feel that my midichlorian count should make me blind to the total chaos that Jedi and Sith have caused across the galaxy, including the Mandalorian territories. I've made some discoveries that may be able to offer non-Force-sensitives an unprecedented defensive option against Force-sensitives. I use the word 'unprecedented' advisedly. If this project is something that would interest you, please let me know and I'll provide you with further information on the job.

Thank you for your time,

Mara D'Lessio Merrill

Ardasz Verd

A
The message found him as most did.

Darian sat in the earliest morning hours away from civilization, long before the sun peeked over the hills. Cinders rose from the small campfire that he kept stoking, both jade eyes transfixed somewhere in its heart. In the silence, and when no one else was around him, Darian felt much closer to his god. There were those who believed that the notion of religion was a vain and futile one, but Darian never heard them. In a galaxy where men and women ran about flailing blades of fire and moving objects with their minds, the idea of higher power was hardly an asinine one.

He held in both hands a scrap of armor, ripped free in some forgotten battle by a horrid explosion. In the midst of hellish combat, lives were often lost. Darian fully believed that something embraced them after that. He had heard Jedi talk about oneness with the Force. It was not so different, and yet, it was. A Warrior did not need magic to fight his battles. The idea that someone ought devote their life to the study of energies, inside or outside, was foolish. Of course, the son of Artus Beviin had never been a Jedi. He only knew what their kind- the Force Users- wrought. With little regard for who got caught in the crossfire, they went to battle in the name of some self-righteous end.

That sort of thing had killed Trull Ordo.

Darian held the scrap of his brother-priest's armor perfectly still, and though the flames licked at it, his grip did not falter. The small piece of Mandalorian Iron took much longer to heat up than lesser metals. Its familiar weight was not oppressive to his muscles "Ru'gar trattok'o, a'mhi motir tome darasuum."

As the stars twinkled overhead, Darian heard the familiar beep of his Datapad. He took in a breath, then sighed as he rested the plate on the dirt at his knees. When he brought the screen online, the message opened and he reviewed it twice. It was not irregular for people outside of the culture to seek his services as a Beroya, but someone to openly disclose their lifestyle as a Force sensitive fascinated him. It was well known that not many Mandos trusted Jedi, and though they got on well enough with Sith, they were not wont to afford them much trust either.

What truly commanded his attention was the prospect of an "unprecedented defensive option against Force-sensitives." At the very least, it was worth investigating. If it meant that the Mando'ade would have some form of response in the future against the oppression of Jetiise and Siit, well, he could not do his people the disservice of at least hearing this woman out. So long as her words were not false, it was conceivable that Darian might be able to profit from business with her.

" [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] ,

I am interested.

D. Beviin."

[member="Darian Beviin"]

Mr. Beviin

There's a place I know where Force-sensitives experience crippling hallucinations. These hallucinations increase proportional to one's strength in the Force. I'm not the strongest Force-sensitive around, and I know what I'm doing and how to insulate myself, so the place has a limited effect on me if I wish.

On the other side of the galaxy, there's a planet called Sedri, known for aquatic vehicles -- perhaps you've heard of SedriMotors. Sedrian culture centres on a massive coral hive-mind called the Golden Sun. The Golden Sun has various healing properties and other abilities. Traditional Sedrians use crystallized pieces of Golden Sun coral, from a certain secret cave, to channel the Golden Sun's power remotely. I've studied a piece of crystallized coral, and I believe I've teased out the secrets that link these pieces regardless of distance. With the right preparation, and the right skills, it's possible for me to link one piece to some other Force artifact or effect, and use the other piece to channel that artifact or effect -- again, regardless of distance.

I need more of the crystallized coral, a lot more, either from traditional Sedrian priest-politicians or from the cave. Obviously I'd prefer than neither the priests or the Golden Sun organism are harmed in any way, so the mission requires some delicacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom