Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De-MK II Crystal Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Google Images

Arc_Reactor_(Earth-199999)_miniaturized_third_version.jpg

Intent: To upgrade the Crystal Core that was originally made by Suvian Sciences, and to provide a more powerful version.
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Emeritus Industries

Model: DE-MK II Crystal Core

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: The metals on the casing could be changed out, and the crystals could be changed out for more powerful or less powerful ones as the need should arise. Other than that, modification is not possible.

Production: Mass Produced (Non Corusca-Gem Version) Minor Production (Corusca Gem version)

Material: Any kind of crystal that can hold Force Lightning, and power objects. Diatium, wiring. A small explosives charge. A surge protector.

Description:

The MK II Crystal Core is an improvement upon an already existing device that was made by Suvian Sciences. This uses a Corusca Gem that has been charged with Force Lighting, as opposed to the Energy Crystals used on the Death-Star. In addition to the improvement, this crystal is nearly invulnerable which means it is very hard to destroy, especially by conventional means. The property that makes the crystal nearly indestructable is also applied to the Crystal Core itself. The Crystal Core also contains a device that can detonate it, and destroy it should the person take it without payment, or try to attack Emeritus Industries with it. Some models of the MK II employ less durable crystals, but still have the same features, save for the near invulnerability.

This is an invention that is sold with a license from Warren Century, and permission from him.

Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/36438-suvian-sciences-de-mk-1-crystal-core/

Warren Century said:
Some versions of it use Corusca Gems, those are minor production if even that.
Using Force lightning on that scale is literally impossible. Minor production means any PC may purchase this item and use it, mass means any NPC and PC, if this is going to be powered by force lightning I am going to need a development thread of at least 10 quality posts and the production dropped to semi-unique.

Upon considering the options relating to this piece of technology, I have decided that it simply needs to be scrapped. I will however take the entire concept, and redo it from scratch, hopefully without the use of Force Lightning.

In case I wasn't clear, please archive this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom