Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DBS Gel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

Image Source: n/a

Intent: To create an alchemical alterer able to be of used in a lot of objects
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn, Inc.
Model: DB (Drop-weight Bearing) Super Gel
Affiliation: Selective Markets
Modularity: None
Production: Limited

Material: Ee Neutral Alchemized Blood // Bonding Agents

Strengths:
  • [ Alter gravity and alter the weight ] ~ By utilizing alchemy, neutral as has become the new norm for MSI, the crafters of this gel have managed to capture the ability naturally inherent to a sect of the Ee Mental Abilities: Null Gravity. However, it was not able to be manufactured to replicate properly, so it simply lowers physical weight instead. Roughly 50%
  • [ That's my secret recipe ] ~ The proper means, also known as full effect, is only obtainable via MSI manufacturing. As a gel coating, the effects are much less, roughly 20% less weight
Weaknesses:
  • [ MSI Only Man ] ~ Merr-Sonn, Inc. is the only ones whom know properly how to bond this, thus others must simply use it as a coating instead of crafting the effect insidr the item, which can be dangerous
  • [ Sticky, sticky ] ~ The gel cannot be used on Vibro-Tech, Blaster tech, and other certain technologies that require circuitry and many moving parts, as it will cause massive frictions that don't let proper movement
  • [ Short shot, that one! ] ~ When slug throwers or other kinetic weaponry utilize this, it lowers weight properly, but also makes slugs slower, thus lessening their range (Original Range - (OR÷ 0.30))
  • [ Jeez, I feel so slow! ] ~ Armor, droids, and vehicles are all lightened, however their movements are slowed a lot, by around 50%
  • [ Wear and Tear ] ~ After enough damage or passed time effects the gel, it fades and needs replacements. Even the MSI true brand does as well, though a much higher standard
Description: When Valashu was first contacted by his fiance Harley, she asked him to make a predator of incredible capabilities. She wanted an apex predator that could live in space, but also thrive on land. To do so, he had teams sent out that would scour the galaxy for potentials to bring into the fold of this species. He yearned to make the very best, one capable of being truly deadly, so he spared no credits. The first thing he heard of were a sentient race, miniscule by the highest caliber. They however possessed a talent none else did: to nullify gravity in a radius around them. He had some brought in, seeking to make them useful for this endeavor. (Was role played, but halted before ten posts so not linking as dev)

Since then he came up with the idea of transferring the essence to other things, non living. The end result would be the DBS Gel, and he quickly put to the test. Armors and droids were found to lessen quite a bit, though in trade became some what sluggish. Arms had separate reactions: blaster tech, and those that use major technologies like it, were found to become defunct quickly as for some reason it clogged movements, while slugthrowers lost firing range but otherwise lost weight.

All in all, things with it utilized within were lessened in weight, but received no other real nullification. Thus could be useful but not in all cases. As well, the gel required immense knowledge of its make to properly be utilized in crafting. But luckily for the masses, it could indeed be used as a coating gel that would lessen that which it was applied to.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Damien Daemon said:
(Original Range - (OR÷ 0.30))

Do you mean it decreases range by 30%? If so, that might be a clearer way to say what you're after.

Damien Daemon said:
[Then minus the remainder from original])
Not sure what you mean by this. In fact basically all the math needs to be simplified and clarified. I'm just not sure how well this actually works at this point.

Damien Daemon said:
Armor, droids, and vehicles are all lightened, however their movements are slowed a lot
By how much?

Damien Daemon said:
other certain technologies that require circuitry and many moving parts, as it will cause massive frictions that don't let proper movement
Wouldn't this include armor, droids, and vehicles?

My main issue here is the alchemy deal. I can think of 2-3 companies that do quite a bit of Force crafting at various levels of production, but those are companies that specialize in such things, have a bunch of staff alchemists, etc. Merr-Sonn does a TON of stuff, and none of it involves alchemy or the Force so far as I can tell.

My other real issue is that we're talking forced mass breeding of a sentient species, followed by harvesting of their blood. That's...well, it's creative, but I think it's a bit much for PG-13.

Matreya

Alchemy is really all Merr-Sonn does recently. Like 75% of subs from it are alch. I have mass produced armor with a ten rating, alchemized, I have hand cannons that shoot .50 caliber sniper rounds from pistols with the kickback of a 9mm, etc. Plus more in the works. Originally JAC also did basically the same. While it had begun as all these things, it has fallen back from them to making alchemy.

My other real issue is that we're talking forced mass breeding of a sentient species, followed by harvesting of their blood. That's...well, it's creative, but I think it's a bit much for PG-13.
Yet wanton slaughter of a planets populace, then gatherings its blood isn't? Also, this is actually something Merr-Sonn currently already does...

Which you approved, unless I'm incorrect.

In regards to the math... yeah. Forgot about percentages. As is I'm currently living... well on the dirt lmfao. So whenever I'm jousting walking around or doing whatever, I right subs, and I'm always finding dumb logic. I will rewrite the math and simply.

On the note of slowing, I wasn't sure how much to go with, as it is not something I want to do much, simply to find its op ya know? So, mein friend, how does 1.5 times slower sound? Or I could also stipulate another list of weight to corresponding decreases? Ie, armor that ways X is slowed by Y amount, armor that ways Z, so on and so forth.

For circuitry, not so much as I imagined. It could easily. I simply imagine, with the meager knowledge of blaster, vibro, etc that they have a lot of circuitry and moving parts. Droids and armor, the more high tech, the more likely they do, but not always so much. For example, my ZERSTÖREN droids are plated in armor, wouldn't touch much beneath it ya know?

Let me know what besides the math to say, and I'll do it in bulk. Currently using my friends data so not going to continue loading page after page.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Not sure what sub you're referencing: I stamp a lot of stuff. I think I'd remember stamping something with as much ick factor as mass forced breeding, though.

For simplicity, let's just say it reduces effective weight by 50% and slows by 50%, across the board. Would you be comfortable with that?

Matreya

Sounds good. Edited.

And it was the Baka bodyglove. I never technically said it, but i did say Valashu went and hired a zoo to breed them for him. Same thing basically.

Anyhow, what about now?

Matreya

Snap. Just noticed the across the board part. I did use the 50, but also added 20 for the Gel part. Because that was one of the main things was MSI knows how to build it into the gear, so its more effective.

Is this ok?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Edited out depressing piece of knowledge before i forgot. it neednt be mentioned.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Well, it's got some rough edges still, and the internal logic is still fuzzy to me, but overall it just comes down to 'makes things lighter and slower, with some odd side effects.' It's a limited production curio. With the edits you've made, I think we can just stamp it and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom