Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dastardly Duo

Taris/The Easy Livings bar
15:15 local time

wf9QFgj.png

Taris might not be off the map, but it's bad enough of a place for a person to flee to when they want to disappear for a bit. The ruined and polluted surface had given birth to some awful scum and villainy who decided to make the place their home or base of operations. Those who were brave or crazy enough started up bars to quench the thirst of these barbarians, one way or another. One such place was the unassuming Easy Livings. It was not very popular but still known enough for quite hefty traffic to come through its doors. The people that went there were either trying to hide away from the galaxy or they were looking for work. Two different goals that were being fulfilled simultaneously for two very different women.

Sam was bobbing her head to the music as she stood by the bar counter, listening to the tune while she waited for her contact to arrive. She didn't have to wait long before a stranger met with her. "Long time no see, Altua." she greeted casually, reaching over and grasping her bottle of beer before taking a sip of it. The being spoke in Huttese, but Sam followed easily enough. "Don't flatter yourself. Next time you try and flirt with me it's more than your face I'm kicking in. Now let's get down to business." she casually threatened before downing her drink and ordering another for the both of them. Altua merely chuckled before continuing. Sam looked straight at him and raised an eyebrow. "No shit? That should be one hell of a score. Any competition?" she asked him. His response wasn't appreciated. "Seriously? Since when do they take jobs like that? No matter, they're blockheads anyway. You know anyone who might wanna tag along and shoot some people for pocket money?" she asked him with a frown, but blinked in surprise when he simply pointed to a woman sitting by herself.

Sam stared at the woman then back to Altua. "You seriously think she'll be willing to do that? Besides, she's missing an arm. The kark I wanna do with a one-armed sith?" she asked him but he merely shrugged and explained casually. "Fair enough. She'd probably still waste half this bar before someone can even get a shot in." she admitted. "Thanks, Altua. Just send the info to my ship." she said and flashed a wink before turning to approach the Sith. However she stopped when she saw a drunken idiot walking right up to the Sith's table. "Hey Sith. Your kind ain't appreciated here...why don't you get lost." he spoke with an arrogant smirk voice, resting his hands on the table as he glared at her. From another booth, a group of guys were watching with knowing smirks on their faces, just as drunk as he is.

Sam stood in place, taking a sip of her drink as she watched to see what the Sith would do with the guy trying his luck.

Amur

Amur

A
Some hazy smoke wafting through the air, terrible lighting, booze that could literally blind a barabel this place was a steaming pile of shaak shit. It was perfect. Easy livings this bar ain't but for a sith that could feel the vice of pressure being clamped down on the empire this was the next best thing. A cool place where she wouldn't have to put up with screaming prefects, childish sith having tantrums and worst of all the admirals. She was discovering after metalorn that admirals were the worst, with the biggest egos all while being the most insecure about said ego being fractured. What a mess it was to deal with it and well sometimes a bit of a spell outside of the empire was needed.

Amur had been here for a few days and found that while she got the odd look and stink eye every now and then, but most people when they realized that she just wanted a drink in peace had left her alone. The barkeep saw that she didn't cause much trouble and paid upfront which in many ways already elevated her above plenty of the people that frequented this place. Amur was just here to take in the atmosphere, and drink some hooch. She was already working on her second glass of moonshine for the day, and was thankful that detoxifying through the force was possible. She maintained a strong buzz, and tried to avoid letting it hammer her too much. The drink itself on the other hand smelled like cleaner and was so smoky it felt and tasted more like charcoal than bootleg whiskey. It did however grow on her.

Carefully angling her emergency induction port to fit the slot in her helmet she took a nice slow sip when a man suddenly began making an ass out of himself. His hands on the table as he tried to intimidate the Sith or whatever the hell he thought he was doing. Amur just continued drinking completely ignoring him and refusing to acknowledge his existence. The bout of silence of course seemed to only have incensed the man. A young Zabrak that apparently was desperate to prove something, regardless of how futile it may have been. He slammed his fist down on the table creating a small racket.

"I said you ain't welcome around these parts. Now why don't you make like Wroshyr tree and get outta here?" There was a hearty chuckle from another booth as the group watched this happening. The sith remained silent and continued to enjoy her drink. The Zabrak still not having understand the nest he was about to dive into then decided to walk over to Amur's right now standing over the Sith. Amur didn't even turn to face him. The Zabrak would speak and as he did he would try to make a grab at her lone arm.

"What yous deaf as well as a cripple? You about to git-" The second he grabbed her forearm the Sith would strike quickly twisting herself to the right swinging her right leg to between his legs and wrapping itself around one of them to lock him in place. Meanwhile her right arm would fling itself upward squarely at his jaw in an uppercut. The glass still in hand would shatter from the impact causing him to release his grip on her arm. Lowering her hand and placing it underneath his armpit, using the force her lightsaber would fling itself into her hand with a quick thumb over the switch and one simple pull the blade would ignite and the sound of plasma cutting flesh could be heard. The saber quickly extinguished just as fast it ignited. A soft thump could be heard hitting the floor.

Amur would release her lock and let the man fall the floor, the Zabrak quickly backpedaled away from her only to stop when he saw his arm on the floor. Looking to see that there was now only a stump where his left arm should have been. His brief moment of shock would be replaced with heavy breathing before he started crying. Amur would merely kick his detached arm over to him before she pointed her stub at the Zabrak.

"Get used to it." She would finally mutter, putting her saber away. "And it's make like a Wroshyr tree and leave." She would correct the Zabrak who seemed to busy trying get the feth out of the cantina to notice the lesson on wordplay. A hyena like cackling laughter erupted from the nearby booth as the drunks watching this go down finally couldn't hold it in anymore. The Sith didn't pay them much mind as she got up tried to make her way over to the bar.

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam watched with a grimace as the guy was utterly decked and then lost an arm on top of that. In all honesty, she expected worse from the Sith. But still, the fact that she was still capable of pulling off a stunt like that with only one arm was impressive enough. She was hired.

She downed her drink and watched the Sith as she went towards the bar. With a smirk she simply stepped aside and let the woman pass before she wandered over to the counter beside the Sith and leaned against it. "Bartender! Get a refill for the both of us, my treat." she ordered casually before looking at the Sith. "Guess that poor fool drew the short stick." she quipped, a horrid attempt at keeping the puns rolling. "In all seriousness, I think it's fair to say the entire bar got the message." she spoke with a more serious note as she looked around then back to the Sith.

"The name's Sam. You got a name or is 'Sith' enough for now?" she introduced herself, glancing around them as some people watched them with anticipation. Clearly they hoped she would be stupid enough for a repeat of what just happened. "Say, you look bored. You interested in a job? Easy credits...and if money's not a concern, just to blow off some steam. You sith usually got a lot of that, right?" she spoke calmly before taking hold of her refill and drinking a swig of it. She fully expected the Sith to shoot her offer down...or cut her down literally. Which is why one hand was resting on the grip of a blaster under her arm while she spoke. To sweeten the deal, she decided on letting her in on some details for the job. "You heard of the Clone Wars, right? How'd you like the chance of exploring one of those old Venator star destroyers? Heard it actually had a Jedi on board before the whole mess happened." she explained casually, obviously referring to the great Purge way back when.

She really hoped the Sith would come along, that would just make her life easier if it came down to a shootout. If this Sith still wasn't interested after her plethora of incentives, then she was going to have to find another cold-blooded killer that wouldn't be a liability...

Amur

Amur

A
She took her seat on a bar stool beginning to reach down into her pocket for credits, only to be joined by some scoundrel that bought her another drink. Well this was something interesting, someone brave or stupid enough to try to approach her. She looked, smelled and breathed scumbag but that was quite a normal flavor around these parts. She silently cringed at her pun game as she began the initial wave of social beading around the bush known as small talk.

"Most people didn't need the display but as you see there's always the odd idiot. Though if someone still tries their luck I'll make sure it costs them a leg as well." She responded still maintaining a supply of puns and references going. Amur always liked to have her words cut as much as they were playful. There was an introduction from the tattooed woman. Sam, simple and as curt of the name as the rest of her personality it seemed though and she was asked for a name. She really hoped there was more purpose behind this then just the simple get-to-know-you nonsense.

"Maybe, it depends." was all she answered for now, she really wasn't in the mood to give her name out to anyone, only if it they were worth her time.

Sam then offered her to take a job, which was probably one of the more unusual and daring things she saw a crime type do, most did their damnedest to guarantee that their criminal exploits had nothing to do with a sith. Ideas already flowing through her head over why the feth someone would try to recruit her of all people for getting their hands dirty. First though their refills had came and as the bartender gave both Amur and Sam their drinks the Sith would hand him a small sum of credits.

"Pacmant um baw wah bmasiua." [Compensation for the glass] She replied to the bartender in huttese, who returned a knowing nod. Truth was she liked this watering hole and would like to keep drinking here. Some small bribery to keep the staff's good graces was always a smart courtesy to pay. At the very least it reduced the chances she might have to burn this place down due to a tip off.

She grabbed her drink and began to take a sip, as Sam then began to start laying into some of the juicier details. A dive into some old clone wars era stuff? Now the Sith's curiosity was piqued. A small bit of her old Corellian self was beginning to take over as she remembered being quite fascinated with that era of history. In Correlia if you took college level classes it was taught as the fall the of republic and rise of the First Galactic Empire, much of it though required quite a bit of detective work to get any substantial facts on exact details and realities especially on how the Jedi worked. It was an absolutely fascinating period to her, and well to be able to set foot in something from that time and nick, as well as perhaps being to experience a few moments through pyschometry? well...

Looking at her present company having taken note that she had offered one hand while arming the other (pragmatic gal this one was), she went from wanting this person to just leave her alone, to seriously considering it. Finishing her sip and putting her glass down she would reply. "You have my attention, but cut the bantha crap. If you're talking to me about this then that means there must be catch of some sort that you need an edge over. I'd might be willing to do that, but I need to know what to expect from this job."

She finished speaking and grabbed her glass again keenly eyeing the merc as she drunk.

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the Sith wasn't inclined to cut her in half as soon as she spoke so that was a win at least. Though she didn't remove her hand from her pistol just yet. This wasn't her first rodeo and she wasn't going to be caught off-guard because the Sith had a moodswing. She smirked as the Sith called out the fact that there was a twist. "Of course there is, I wouldn't be talk to you if there wasn't. See, this job isn't just for me. It's an open contract. Whoever brings in the stuff the employer wants gets the pay. The other dog in the fight is a gang I've run into before. Bunch of mercs who'd try and blow up the Sith palace if they'd be paid enough. Though they aren't known for their success rate, they're stubborn and pretty good shots." she took a long sip before continuing.

"They're just enough of a problem that I'd have trouble taking them out on my own. That's why I'm here talking to you. I'm pretty sure you're still lethal enough with one arm to stop a couple blaster bolts and dice up a few egotistical idiots in an old shipwreck. If you want credits, you can have twenty-five percent of the reward money. Other than that, you can have all the stress relief and target practice that you like while we're looking for the needed stuff." she finished, downing her beer and ordering another.

She leaned against the counter with her left arm letting go of her pistol to rest it on the counter as well. "So, miss 'Maybe it depends'? You interested?" she asked her as she gave her head a flick to get a strand of hair out of her face. "Who knows? Maybe you might just enjoy the trip as well?"

Amur

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom