Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darth Ophidia's Assassin Armour

the_lady_revan_by_gard_helset-d45jbaz.jpg

Helmet:
oXVBn6M.jpg

Image Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Lady-Revan-251163899
Helmet: Google Image Search: Sith Mask

Intent: To make a personalised assassin’s armour for Saiah/Darth Ophidia.

Development Thread:
http://starwarsrp.ne...sith-assassins/ (For the Bes'kar)

Manufacturer: Kalor Tech.

Model: Assassin Armour.

Affiliation: Sith Assassins.

Modularity:
  • Cape can be easily detached.

Production: Unique.

Material:
  • Shell Spider Silk: General cloth throughout the suit.
  • Corellian Leather: Layered throughout the suit.
  • Beskar: forms a breastplate, helmet/mask and vambraces.
  • Thermoguard bodyglove.

Classification: Multipurpose.

Weight: 8 kg.

Quality: 7.

Special Features:

• Shell Spider Silk robes. (throughout)
  • Beskar breastplate. vambraces and helmet.
  • HUD system in helmet.
  • Rebreather in helmet.
  • Comlink.
  • Spectre Gloss.

Strengths:
  • Shell Spider Silk offers some protection from small arms fire and vibroswords.
  • Thermoguard bodyglove prevents thermal detectors from picking up on body heat.
  • Bes'kar offers heavy resistance, but only on the parts of the body covered.
  • Spectre Gloss helps hide the wearer from electrical and heat scanners.
  • Helmet is equipped with HUD, and a rebreather.

Weaknesses:

• Specter Gloss is easily destroyed. A tough tumble or a strafing blaster-shot will wipe it off.
  • Beskar is not of full Mandalorian quality, but still resistant to lightsabres. There are clear gaps on arms, neck and lower body.
  • Visual and audio system may deafen the wearer momentarily if overloaded.

Description:
While Saiah long used the standard suit, she found need change it to fit her personal style and new rank within the Assassins. Her new armour is made with the same materials as the original, but has fitted to her form and has Beskar plating protecting her torso, lower arms and hands. The weight of the beskar is well dispersed and the plates are shaped to provide her with good manoeuvrability. The outfit has also been treated with Spectre Gloss to keep her hidden from electronic detection.
Hidden in the folds of the folds of her clothes are small pockets that allow her to reach the inner layers of her clothes, even her skin. Nearly impossible to see except on close inspection. Her cape is easily detached so it will not get in the way during combat.
On the inner wrist of her vambrace there are three sigils stamped in a triangular formation. One for the One Sith, one for the Sith Assassins, and one for the Covenant of the Black Rose. The two latter are positioned subordinate to the former and the trio is only visible if the vambrace is thoroughly examined.
In the left vambrace, the blade and mechanism of the Sith Hidden Blade has been fitted. The beskar completely encases the mechanism from the outside, protecting it from damage. Meanwhile, the blade emerges through a slot in the beskar and can be used as normal.

The Helmet serves several functions besides the obvious head and face protection. It is equipped with a passive optical system that adjusts to the light to provide optimal vision, this includes night-vision. A sudden flash of light would confuse and disrupt this system. The helmet also has an audio advice that allows her voice to hear and speak normally. Through a datapad the audio system may be adjusted to different frequencies, letting her better eavesdrop on conversations. This would of course deafen her from closer frequencies and as with the visual system, it will be disrupted by unexpected loud noise. The helmet is also fitted with a long range comlink.

-

Primary Source:
Sith Assassin Armour http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60450-sith-assassin-armor/
Spectre Gloss MK1 http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60309-specter-gloss-mk1/#entry898981
Darth Ferus' Assassin Armour http://starwarsrp.net/topic/61075-feruss-assassin-armor/

Sith Hidden Blade http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52280-sith-hidden-blade/
Optical enhancement http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Enhanced_optics_suite
Hearing enhancer http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hearing_enhancer
Thermoguard bodyglove http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thermoguard_bodyglove

Saiah said:
Shell Spider Silk offers some protection from small arms fire and vibroswords. Terentatek Leather in the hood allows the wearer to keep his surface thoughts from leaking out for others to read, and help against light mind attacks.

Saiah said:
Personal Stealth Unit: Renders the user invisible, but proper training is needed to move about without disrupting the field.

Saiah said:
Spectre Gloss helps hide the wearer from electrical and heat scanners. Helmet is equipped with optic and audio equipment, and a rebreather.
I feel like these things should at least be named in Special Features, even in just a list format:
  • Personal Stealth Unit
  • Rebreather
  • etc.
Other than that, I see no issues.
@Saiah

[member="Nox"]

How about now?

Saiah said:
Special Features:

• Shell Spider Silk. (throughout)
  • Alchemised Terentatek leather lining in hood.
  • Beskar breastplate. vambraces and helmet.
  • Visual and audio enhancement in helmet.
  • Rebreather in helmet.
  • Comlink.
  • Personal Stealth Unit.
  • Spectre Gloss.

First of all, very nice submission. Very well done with the threads. Not alot of people would have done those. So hats off to you. As well, nice choice in images for your armor. Fem-Revan was always a fan favorite.

Anyways, these are some things that I would have liked to see fixed. NOTE, that this is just my opinion. You don't want to if you don't have to.

Saiah said:
A breastplate of Beskar weighs really close to that much on it's own. SO unless you have really thin clothing, you will need to bump this up to around 8. Considering that the Shell spidersilk "bodyglove" (bodyglove is a term used in starwars for a full body clothing set.) weighs about 1-2kgs.

The stealth unit is actually a powerpack that is connected to the clothing you wear to conceal you. That means it has about a 1-2kgs weight as well. and 6kgs for the beskar bracers, facemask/helmet, and breastplate. *I do have a Mandalorian character, and a full set of armor for Mandalorians weighs around 20-50gks.*

As well, what is the reason for the Tentrentek leather on the inside of the hood? What does it protect against, if any. As well, was Sith alchemy used on the leather to prevent force powers? ANd if so, what power levels does it prevent, and because of this, it would also prevent powers towards your head/brain. Meaning no or very limited telepathy, and no mental tricks can be played by you as well.

MInd you, these are only things that in my opinion should be fixed. You DO NOT have to change them. I am just saying this because i think it would make it look better and clarify on a few things.

Thanks!

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

Thanks for your feedback C:

First of all, the dev threads,are an SA combined effort, and as such the credit should go to everyone who participated. Secondly, Fem Revan is pretty awesome indeed. She also has the most practical breastplate I've found.

I've been curious about the weight myself. I've set it up, down and all around. After investigating the actual weight of a steel cuirass and vambraces, plus the stealth system and cloth. With that I wound up on 5-6 kg. I forgot to change it after putting in the helmet so I may have to bump it up. If I can get away with 6 kg, then I'd take it.
The wookie described a Beskar'gam as weighing around 10 kg, so perhaps there's a difference in there somewhere.

The terentatek hood is from the original standard SA armour which I have in the source-links. In the description it says:
"Finally, the Terentatek leather has been alchemized to help protect the wearers mind from outside attack, as well as keep their thoughts hidden. This won't stop someone who presses hard against the mind, and the leather offers no physical resistance."
(Couldn't get the quote to work.)

I did not consider that as a problem previously, but now I need to reconsider. Seeing as my character employs mentalism, it may be prudent to remove the leather lining and instead bolster her mental defences.

From the text I would say she could still use them though it would require more focus than without. Question is whether or not it's worth it.

[member="Saiah"]

The hood does not stop your own mental attacks. It acts like a mental shield and Teras Kasi.

As for the Beskar, my own armor was approved at 4, so I'm not sure what the weight will be. Some people say its heavy, others say its extraordinary light.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

No Orbalisks? What a scrub...

Just kidding

But I like the sub! However, one recommendation:

It would be cool to add a couple more things to the HUD. One feature I've always found useful as an assassin is an ID scanner. Help identify targets, and makes your job much easier. Also is good for identifying an enemy you hop into combat with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom