Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Darkran Virus

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: try and create A fun, Unique Virus that can infect force users.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Scientific Name: Darkran virus
  • Abbreviation: Darkran virus
  • Common Name: Darkran virus
  • Virus Family: Darmonicus
  • Origins: Created by sith masters as a bio weapon to kill the jedi (Failed).
  • Other Locations: N/A
  • Description: Made as a bio weapon to Infect Force-users, and destroy there mind. It was believed to be extinct, killed with its last living hosts. Instead It evolved to a near immortal gaseous state as it aged through the eons
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Morphology:
    • Outside the body: It is a simi transparent gas that apears black and purple.
    • Inside the body: It turns into a small organicism over time and connected to the brain stem where it is nearly undetectable
  • Size: Large-550 NM At full size
  • Color: It's Natural Color is Black and Purple, but will almost perfectly camouflage to its environment of living tissue
  • Distinctions: While it can only be originally caught at the "origin point" it will stick to a sentient organism and fight to survive. It has evolved to be an effective machine both inside and out the body. This living virus, acts much like a mind plague
VIRUS SPECIFICS
  • Source: While the virus was created long ago and Sealed due to it's failure, It has sinces learned to grow and evolve, waiting for anyone to find it, and inhale a piece of it
  • Host Species: Humanoids Mostly, But all sentient creatures can be affected
  • Host Range: Broad
  • Viability: As long as its host is alive, It can survive
  • Lethality:
    • Non Force user- Low
    • Force User- Extreme
  • Severity:
    • Non Force User - Dormant
    • Force User - Extreme
  • Infectivity: Very Low (It is unable to transform to anyone, once it gets its host, acting more like a parasite rather then a Virus.
  • Modes of Transmission:
    • Breathing it in at the "Origin point"
    • It can copy itself into the first born child on a non force user. But will destroy itself in the first host in order to do so
  • Incubation Period: 3-5 years
  • Re-Infection: Yes, coming back into contact with the origin Point
  • Vaccine/Cure: Unknown

SYMPTOMS & EFFECTS
  • Hallucinations
  • Memory Loss
  • False Memorys
  • Hot skin
  • Cold skin
  • Light weight loss
  • Loss of energy
  • Loss of motor Function
  • Death

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

Strengths
:
  • Genetic
  • Can Natural Survive for A long time
  • Can Survive many family generation's
Weaknesses:
  • Destroys itself in order to infect
  • Destroys itself in order to copy
  • Suppressed by light side healing
  • Origin point is Immovable
  • Only effects force users

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Darkran Virus [Dak-ron] was created by sith eons ago using the most powerful of sith alchemy and the dark side of the force to create what was to be the most perfect weapon to use on the jedi. However due to mismanage within the containment field, the virus got out and infected the many sith that had helped create it, Driving them feral sucking out there force ability's and life force to slowly kill them. It was sealed away hopefully die with time as the survivors used every resource they could to make a cure. The cure would be a success.

After many years the virus was forgotten and thought to be eradicated, The cure was saved in an ancient sith Holocron by a paranoid sith that had survived being one of it's few survivors and was buried with him when he died.

Eons Passed and the forgotten virus began to learn and grow. Teaching itself how to sustain and gather the energy required. It would slowly evolve into what it is today. A gaseous Form that waited for years to be reintroduced. Eventually it was contracted by one man who was curious about the cave it was locked in. The non force user would then unknowingly carry it in his family for as long as it was alive. While never effecting anyone until a force user is born, its still amazing how long it can survive in a dormant state.

Due to it's unique creation it was unable to move very far from its location, and sticks by the point at which it was created and contained. Thus making an "Origin Point" The only place in the galaxy that contains this Sickness

This living virus can also copy itself into the first born of it's host thought it destroys itself in the process. When it senses that the time is right, it will break down into its base chemicals that will them be transported into the reproductive organs on it's host. These base chemicals will them be "Naturally" transported into the newborn when it was remake itself and start it's life anew.

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Damion Dorian Tarkin Damion Dorian Tarkin

Alright this is a pretty interesting submission with a fairly solid premise, however there are a few things that I will need to see corrected before I can stamp approval on this for you.

For starters most of the Out of Character Information sections still have their template text and will need to be changed accordingly. Looks like about all of them should be just N/A however so that's an easy fix. Another formatting issue is with the Virus Specifics sections being merged with the Physical Information ones, but again that's a fairly simple addition so that those two are separate. Also the Host Range will need a proper rating from the template as well.

As for the other issues with this submission, in general it's a bit vague in certain places. For instance in Modes of Transmission the wording is very confusing. What is the "Origen Point" and is the transmission specific to children only? Earlier it was stated that simple contact was enough to transfer it but also that it is unable to transform, which I assume is meant to be transfer, to others in Infectivity. Also the Lethality is a bit confusing given that you list it as Moderate and unlikely to kill its prey yet state multiple times that death and severe damage to the brain are key symptoms. There are more areas that are lacking as well like Re-Infection but you get my point.

In general it's solid but there are a lot of details that are just not very clear and doesn't paint a very good picture for a casual reader of this disease, so some more information and clarification would be very useful.

Ima be Honest I thought I would not have the time to work on this now, But I did so I worked on it now while I do have the time I will tell you on the updates
For starters most of the Out of Character Information sections still have their template text and will need to be changed accordingly. Looks like about all of them should be just N/A however so that's an easy fix. Another formatting issue is with the Virus Specifics sections being merged with the Physical Information ones, but again that's a fairly simple addition so that those two are separate. Also the Host Range will need a proper rating from the template as well.
All fixed

As for the other issues with this submission, in general it's a bit vague in certain places. For instance in Modes of Transmission the wording is very confusing. What is the "Origen Point" and is the transmission specific to children only?
I hope I made it better, by describing it a bit more
arlier it was stated that simple contact was enough to transfer it but also that it is unable to transform, which I assume is meant to be transfer, to others in Infectivity. Also the Lethality is a bit confusing given that you list it as Moderate and unlikely to kill its prey yet state multiple times that death and severe damage to the brain are key symptoms.
Again Hoped I fixed these with more detail

I did copy down a lot of the info from the original, but I recopied the template and changed a few things.

TAGS: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

It may just be a problem on my end but I don't see any edits. From what I can see at the little Last Edit thing on the bottom right of the post it was last edited July 5th.

Also given that this is now in the WIP forum it will need to be reposted once its ready as we don't move submissions from the WIP forum anymore, my apologies for the confusion.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

Apologies, been a bit busy with work and whatnot these past few days, my apologies if I haven't properly explained but you will need to repost this in the Species Creation forum in order for it to be judged and approved. We can put threads into the WIP thread but can't move them from there back to live judging. Thankfully it's simply a matter of copying and pasting so it shouldn't be too much of an issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom