Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Darkness Beyond the Border

Niv Hani
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble

Vera had seen the expression and she understood what it meant. It didn't bother her though — how could anybody stay strong when such terrible news was shared? But she did need him to be strong with her, and after a moment of letting the news sink in, he buried the worry away and focused on her again.

"That's the problem," Vera said with a frown. "I saw Mom, lying on the floor. There was..." she gulped and hugged her knees even tighter. "There was a lot of blood. She looked so pale and her eyes..." Vera couldn't stop herself from tearing up and buried her face down between her knees to hide the shock she felt.

"I don't know what to do, Aris. Should we tell Dad? Should we tell Mom?" Sometimes, it wasn't a good idea to tell someone these things because they'd try to change the future themselves, and inadvertently cause it. Then there was Dad. If something happened to Mom, she could only imagine how he'd feel, and what he'd do.

"Maybe we just need to watch out for her?"

xiqfVVX.png

Right. She saw it. Aris was already tense about what he'd heard, but the fact was she saw it herself. What happened, or at least the end result by what she said. He understood there was some leeway in how vision worked, that the context wasn't seen and that there could be just about anything that caused what she saw. Having a closed mind, assuming, would only lead to a destined path.

"We should talk to Master Bri. Someone from the Order, that isn't them."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani

He really didn't want to tell Mom and Dad, huh?

She could understand why, but it was still somewhat surprising. Their parents had always been very open and very easy to talk to. She could confide in them about just about anything, but this? How could she ever walk up to her Mom and tell her what she saw? Then there was Dad... the things he'd do to protect Mom were intense.

He'd pull her from death's grasp itself if he needed to.

"I think you're right. Mom would maybe try to downplay it and Dad would... I don't know." She sighed and frowned. "We'll tell Master Sal-Soren and maybe someone on the Council? Knight Kai'el seems easy to talk to."

xiqfVVX.png

"I trust they would do what they would, as Jedi. But we're still Padawans, and I want us to tell someone else because they'll know better whether we should tell them or not. Master Kai'el seems like a good choice."

If not Master Sal'Soren, at leas. They should tell both, and would, he imagined. It was important that they did. More opinions, the better. Especially with what Vera had seen. Even now his expression dimmed to a frown as he himself thought on it. Their mom was strong, but he knew better than to think she was immortal. He didn't want her to die.

"We should go. Call them now and leave here."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani

"Yeah, I agree,"
Vera said and she really wasn't wasting any time. She picked up her comms unit and went for a message straight to Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el . He would understand, and Vera knew that he looked up to Mom — he would take this seriously but hopefully not freak out too much.

<Knight Kai'el? This is Padawan Vera Noble. My brother and I need to see you as soon as possible,> she said before she put away the comms unit and finally rose to her feet.

She was still a bit pale and dizzy, but she could walk.

"Let's head to Coruscant. Maybe Knight Kai'el can meet us there." She turned to leave, but as she began to walk, Vera looked over her shoulder and tilted her head.

"Are uh, are you okay?" He had made her talk and for good reason, but she wanted to make sure this wasn't weighing on him too much. It was hard, of course, but she was his sister and she was protective.

xiqfVVX.png

The call went through, and that was enough for Aris to look somewhat relieved. He'd be better once they were offworld and on their way back to the heart of the Alliance. Coruscant was the best option for sure. They couldn't head home, not with this information. Not yet. He paused beside her as she looked back his way, giving a soft smile. A weak smile.

"I am worried, but I'll be fine. We should get going, Vera. Once we're on Coruscant we can talk more."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom