Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danger and Power (Danger Arceneau)

I had requested the ability to meet with the CEO of Arceneau Trade Company, Danger Arceneau. The engineers working for ArmaTech Combat Systems had been designing a new generator, and due to the size constraints I placed upon them, they had settled for a very powerful substance, one that could power a droid for a decade with mere milligrams, supposedly. Something that was considered rare and unstable, even by the standards of power generators. Isotope-5. I wasn't familiar with the substance myself, but if Benji and his engineers said it was what we needed, it was what we needed. It had taken weeks to set up a meeting, and even then, time constraints and scheduling conflicts had been apparent. I had been forced to cancel my other personal projects to see to it that I could arrive during hours she had been available on Makeb, the planet the substance was found on. Even then I had arrived early, and was prepared to sit and wait for my appointment if necessary. I hadn’t come all this way to be denied over scheduling, and was ready to make just about any deal necessary to get what I wanted. For this meeting, I wore a business suit, no reason to try and trounce into her office wearing full armor. I approached the secretary and introduced myself politely, “I’m Draco Vereen, CEO of ArmaTech Combat Systems. I have an appointment to see Miss Arceneau.”

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Well the secretary would usher him along the various security points; it was clear Miz Arceneau didn't mince words or credits when it came to that.

Darkwater security, Hegemonic Droids, force sensimg monitors, and stealth detectors. Just what didn't the Trade Queen have? Whatever sort of curious curio, Draco would soon be led into a large office suite. It had a vast variety of decorations on the walls, trinkets collected from the local sector. Beyond to the right was a large balcony with white chiffon drapes that would lightly flutter against the open arched double doors.

It was there that the slight breeze would send the nearly transparent white fabric fluttering in front of a feminine figure. Dark auburn hair and the generous curves under the modest green dress would reveal Danger Arceneau in the flesh. A glance over at Draco's direction would then lock vibrant emerald eyes upon the visitor. She was striking; beautiful was too kind if a word for the presence the Queen of Tradd would resonate in apparent confidence.

"Mistah Vereen," her throaty voice would drift and hang at the belt buckle, "a pleasure.." She'd say, that slow amble of wide hips and a cordial welcoming smile edged in near tantalizing beckoning.

Her hand would extend towards him.

"Welcome to Arceneau Trade."

As I walked through, security they would find nothing, I hadn’t bothered to bring anything off my ship, there wasn’t need to. In a place like this, it wouldn’t matter if anything happened. I would either be far too outnumbered, or overly well protected from intruders. As I was finally lead into the woman’s office I got a good look around the room, seeing possibly millions of credits worth of decorations around the spacious office. The woman approached from behind her desk and extended her hand after a warm welcome. I reached out and returned her handshake smiling as I did so.

Hello, Miss Arceneau, and thank you for having me here.” I said as I shook her hand. She was pretty, and she had a thick accent, and she was rich beyond my ability to fathom or comprehend. I decided before I had arrived stick to business, and it was best to keep to that motto. “As you may know, ArmaTech would like to secure mining rights for part of your holdings here.” I said as I retracted my hand. “We recently encountered the substance, Isotope-5, and well. We are in need of it for a project we are working on.” I told her, elaborating to the purpose of my visit. I felt honesty normally protected you later in life, lies normally got discovered and became the reason for retribution.

Danger would lift both of her brows at [member="Draco Vereen"], and the corner of her mouth would perk. Well he was certainly direct and to the point.

A gesture would motion for him to have a seat. "A project you are working on? What kind?" she'd ask, moving over to the nearby fully stocked bar. "Please make yourself comfortable." she'd add, rounding the bar to get two glasses.

"Pick your poison?" she'd toss over her shoulder, polite and ever cordial. If anything could be said of Danger Arceneau, is that the woman was by far on of the most gracious of hosts.

I nodded to her, taking a seat and glancing in her direction, looking her up and down fairly quickly when she turned around. It was a nice view, I might as well appreciate it while it lasted, I thought to myself. "Just a Corellian whiskey, if you got it ma'am." I said when she asked what it was I would like to drink. I wasn't really thirsty but it was impolite to turn down an offer from a host, especially one I was asking favors from. "My apologies miss Arceneau I forgot to ask how you were when I entered. I seem to have been taken aback by, well your presence." I said to her as she walked over the bar, facing away from me. I smirked, thinking well at least the trip wouldn't be a total loss, I did get to see her. i was trying to remain as polite as possible but I didn't have any formal schooling about such matters.

She had asked about what the project was over, and well, I wasn't prepared to answer specifics because, well, I didn't know the specifics about the project. "In regards to your question of the project, they are working on a power generator model as far as I am aware. They became aware that the substance Isotope-5 is known for being much more energy efficient than hypermatter and will allow for smaller generators." I said to her, awaiting her response.

"That it is so," Danger would agree, her hand reaching out to the decanter of rare Corellian Whiskey. What with the event and the precious little left, the Blake Family had a boom in profit with what remained of their stock. It was a good thing that the farmlands of Whyren's Distillery had spread on towards the rest of the Corellian System. The tried and true methods of genuine Corellian artisian liquormaking would still carry on.

"Isotope-5 is a high commodity now." she'd say, "With an energy efficiency not seen in a long, long while." the splash of the amber spirit would swirl in a low ball glass, soon to be accompanied by another, Danger's own. Setting the decanter down upon the bar, she'd shine a smile over at [member="Draco Vereen"] 's direction. With both glasses in hand, that slow hip swaying amble would bring her back.

"A power generator is it?" she'd quirk a brow, handing him his drink. The soft spicy scent of her perfume would tickle the senses, painting a picture of a red-blooded woman and just what other pressure points she'd dabbed the scent.

"Fascinating." she'd add, moving to round her desk towards her chair.

"So, tell me Mistah Vereen." she'd begin, draping herself onto her black leather chair. "What sort of deal are we talking here?" might as well be as direct as he. She could respect that.

"There are options, but it all depends on what your endgoal is. Do you just want enough isotope-5 for your project?" she'd perk her brow higher. "Or are you looking on a more long term deal?"

I watched her hips as she walked, trying my best not to stare. It was supposed to be rude to stare at a lady. I wasn’t used to dealing with powerful business women and she had taken me aback quite a ways, however I was here for a reason and I needed to stay focused on that. “Well miss Arceneau, while I am open to a one and done kind of deal, I was hoping to set up a permanent operation on the planet to supply me with the Isotope-Five.” I said attempting to answer her questions as I reached out to reached out to receive the glass of fine Corellian whiskey she had brought for me. “I am, however open to negotiation.” I said with a smile looking her in the eyes. I popped open a button on the jacket I wore opening it and making it more comfortable to sit in. Leaning back I drank the whiskey, savoring the taste, but draining the glass nonetheless, awaiting her response to my proposal. I wasn’t sure how expensive this deal was going to be and that had me worried but I was certain we could make a deal that would satisfy us both without too much hassle.

"So lookin' for the long haul, is it?" her wrist would slowly rotate her glass, prompting a lazy whirlpool. "Well, Mistah Vereen, you got some options in there." she'd start.

Danger Arceneau was a business woman. Her reputation is what had brought her so far, and that reputation said she would deal fair if fair is dealt to her. A mutually beneficial endevour.

"While I won't sell my mines, I am apt to lease for a percentage of what has been mined." she'd start, "Normally I'd also tack on a set credit terms on a monthly, quarterly, or annual contract. There are benefits to the short term; can get out early fair and clean -- but that comes at a higher rate. Longer contracts will save you more money in the long run."

"You could also save money by providing your own gear to mine; otherwise you are able to lease equipment from Browncoat Industrial -- the gear is already here and my mines already been working twenty four seven. That is entirely up to you."

"Or -- if you just don't want to bother with mining. You could simply buy what you need and leave the mining to me."

[member="Draco Vereen"]

They were interesting offers, and simply using her equipment wasn’t a terrible idea, but I had bought a Harvester-class mining facility for just that purpose as well as several thousand mining droids and equipment for twenty thousand workers. I was already prepared to dump an unreasonable amount of man power into the mining process so I couldn’t justify just buying the substance from her nor the mining equipment as it stood. “Well I am in it for the long haul ma’am, and while your offer to just sell the substance to me is tempting, I must decline. I have already bought and designed gear for this project, well any mining project really, and just need a lease on a mine. I believe a percentage of the mined goods is more than fair.” I said smiling that we had already conducted quite a bit of business, and so far I was happy with the outcome. Depending on her lease rates, ArmaTech might be able to shoulder that cost of one of our government contracts as it is. “I would like to know the credit terms. Mainly which one is cheapest. One would believe the longer the contract, the cheaper the terms. I would be prepared to sign for a very long time as well.” I said to the woman.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

"The longest are annual contracts Mistah Vereen. The rates are the lowest as such with at least 20% of the mined Isotope 5 as part of ATC's share." As he was quick to get to the point, so would she. Normally she'd play the barter game, but the man would be a solid business interest.

"But as you say you are interested in creating generators..." she'd pause, then continue, "I can extend that to a two year contract in exchange for some of those generators in my facilities."

Two years wasn't quite as long as I wanted, but it was a fair deal. Twenty Percent wasn't as much as I had expected and she seemed interested in making a deal. I decided it in my best interest not to try and haggle with the woman. She was definitely a more experienced negotiator and I didn’t want to earn her ire, I didn’t want anyone who looked like her to dislike me either. Still smiling, “I can agree to two year contracts and supplying you with some of the new line of Generators we will be producing. But I do hope that we could extend our agreement when the lease comes up, I would love to see more of you and I will always want as much Isotope-5 as I can field out of the planet without causing it any trouble.” I stood up respectfully, “I think we can call this a deal. I will bring in my work force just as soon as you’ll allow and all the paperwork is handled.” I told the woman extending a hand towards her to shake on the agreement. This could work out very well for our interests if everything went according to plan, and I hadn’t had to give up my soul to afford this deal.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

She would extend her hand over to him "Then we have ourselves a deal Mistah Vereen. " thr deal would allow him to mine a portion of the mines, the rest still under the jurisdiction of Browncoat Arms and Industrial. With this she had made a new business partner and the future could hold many things for that.

At the very least, both came out of this benefiting from it.

OOC (READ THIS FIRST)
Goal (50+ Quality Posts)
Objectives
  • Set up Mining Site
  • Hunt down ancient Isotope-5 Droids for research
  • Clear pirates, miscreants, and rogue droids from mining area
  • Anything else y’all want to do
All of these can be done solo or with other writers. Feel free to do your own thing, as long as it has something to do with Isotope-5 or the mining operation.

With the deal sealed and contract signed the ArmaTech crew approached the planet, intent on setting up mining equipment and get the two year operation up and running. It would be a long process to set up the mine, and even longer to get it producing the Isotope-5, but in the grand scheme of things it would be short. Two Years would fly buy and the four weeks of setting up equipment and bringing in workers would be simple and easy. Sure it was a waste of time, but the processing plant being brought to Makeb would make it all the simpler. Pull the stuff from the ground, put it in the processor, let the refining machine do its work, leave with fully usable Isotope-5. Easy Right.

Well, it was never that easy, I sat thinking to myself. People like to believe words on paper as facts but they rarely are. “Sir we are approaching the planet now, we should be hitting atmosphere soon.” The helmsman said, keeping me updated on the small fleet of cargo transports approaching the planet.

“Good. Send a call to the Techno Union. They should be interested in this project, and since they are buying from us now they should be pleased that we have already come this far along.” I said aloud, waiting for the call to go out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom