Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damsel in Distress (Ralize Darkfeather)

The ride from Enceri to Keldabe was a long one, but the view was spectacular. Kad Tor had recently made a return trip to his buire to let them know he was doing fine. In fact when Kad told his buir Solus he had just completed a job for custom beskar'gam that earned him 45,000, the older Mando'ad clapped his ad's back, let out a deep hearty chuckle, and said, "That's my ad." Kad told them everything, though he left out the fact @[member="Briika Tor"] was courting. That was her news to break to their buire, thought he would be there to support her should Solus behave as any buir would.

Kad had gone home for a few things he needed to take back to Keldabe. The primary purpose being that part of the sum he had earned was going toward a down payment on his own shop in Keldabe. The owner of the shop he currently worked for was an older Mando'ad, and Kad was interested in buying the business from him if he would be willing to sell.

With his speeder's back seat loaded down with various tools he needed if he was going to continue to work in forging custom beskar'gam, Keldabe came into view. The city was still a good ways off in the distance, but if Kad pushed it, he could be there in an hour. Pressing the pedal as far it would go, Kad had hoped the speeder would take off. Instead there was a loud pop sound which came from the engine before it began to sputter and smoke.

"Haar'chak!

Kad was stranded an hour outside of Keldabe with a speeder loaded full of tools. He wasn't going to just leave them there to go and find help. Reaching for his personal comm device, Kad put out an urgent call for a tow and mechanic. The young Mando'ad was going to be spending his afternoon staring at the rolling plains just outside Keldabe. Maybe there was something he could shoot.

@[member="Ralize Darkfeather"]

Ralize Darkfeather

R
Her palm was pressed to the security panel when she heard the comm panel inside her shop begin to chime with an incoming call.

She muttered under her breath and ignored it, continuing the lockdown process. Ralize had vowed she was done for the day three hours ago when one of the Detta boys had shown up with a speederbike that needed a little maintenance. Well, a little was an understatement. She ended up replacing half the engine coils and completely redoing the exhaust to get it to run more efficiently, which had been decidedly satisfying to hear as it roared away when she finished.

But it had made her late, and she was due to meet a few people down at the Oyu'baat for drinks. She'd only been here a few weeks and making friends didn't come easy to the young Nar Shaddian, who tended to have a temper that dictated she had best keep to herself. But here on Mandalore, she noticed, people understood. Hell, she noted, many of them had the same issue with temper and temperament that she did! Which had made her transition to life here so much easier.

Ralize gave up as the comm panel kept chiming and reopened the door to her garage - 'her' garage, she noted with distant pride - making her way back inside and to the small office to answer the call.

A newly familiar voice came out of the speaker, Dyon, who acted as a dispatcher for local mechanics and towing agents. "Ral, honey, I have a favor to ask..."

"Oh this had best be real good, skocha kung, I was on my way to the Oyu'baat just now." she replied tartly.

"Alders is busy, and Reddick is already out on another call. I know your towing gear isn't in yet, but can you take this call for me? Guy's stranded about an hour outside of Keldabe on the main road. Engine's smoking and something sounded like it popped."

Ralize sighed and lobbed a few choice Huttese invectives at the comm before switching back to Basic - she could not in good conscience leave a vod stranded. "You owe me big. In fact, you can start by calling the Oyu'baat and telling Reese that I'm not going to make it because you called and asked me for a favor."

"She's going to be pissed."

"Not my problem, echuta. Send me the guy's comm frequency and let him know I'm on my way." she muttered and flicked the comm off out of frustration. There was no time to change her clothes, either. There was supposed to be a storm rolling in later that evening, and there was no place to take cover out in the rolling hills. Quickly pulling her speederbike back into the garage, she instead loaded tools and a number of parts she thought she might need into her heavy duty land speeder. Better to be overprepared than not be able to help once she got there, she mused.

Soon enough, she'd made space in one of the garage bays for the speeder, and was on her way. Even if she managed to get it running, so he could get himself back into the city, she'd still need to see it for general maintenance and to double check that she hadn't missed anything. Though Dyon had said it was about an hour outside of Keldabe, clearly he had forgotten how Ralize drove and how well her machines performed. She made it there in almost half that time, pulling her land speeder over in a slight cloud of dust just in front of the still-smoking speeder.

Ralize winced as she hopped out without bothering to open the door, grabbing a few ever-present rags as she walked over. The poor vehicle had had just about enough. Fanning the smoke away from her face, she stepped around the front of the speeder and came face to face with its driver. Emerald eyes went slightly wide before she managed to contain her expression and adopt the feisty look she was rapidly becoming known for.

"Hi...name's Ralize. Dyon called and said you needed a hand. Mind if I take a look?" she asked, lofting a brow as she stared up at him.

@[member="Kad Tor"]

Kad had the engine hatch open by the time help arrived. Growing up in a rural place like Enceri equipment continued to run only if you fixed it yourself. The land speeder was old, very old, and should have been retired a long time ago, but Kad hadn't been able to afford anything new. The young goran had just barely started a life independent of his family. Yes it was late compared to most Mando'ade, but the loss of his brother Valen made both buire hesitant on seeing their other two leave. They had to eventually though. If only Kad would have been content to take Solus's shop in Enceri, but no he had to move to Keldabe, and kill his engine.

It was beyond anything Kad could do, so he gave up. That was about the time he heard the roar of a very healthy, and by the sound of it, modified engine. For the moment all he could see was a cloud of dust as the driver had come to a very hasty stop. "Show off," he thought to himself. Before the mechanic emerged from the dust cloud.

To say Kad was shocked to see a petite, yet fully figured, female answer the call would be an understatement. Oddly enough the first thing he noticed hadn't been her stature or figure, but the emerald green eyes which were framed by her dark hair. She wasn't in any beskar'gam, and who would plans her. It wasn't ideal for getting into the engine of a land speeder. For a brief moment Kad could have sworn she was gawking at him, but he was too busy lifting his jaw off the ground to notice. She was beautiful for certain, but Kad knew better than to comment on that. Despite her small frame, she was Mando'ad, at least he was pretty sure she was. Mando women prefered to be complimented on their skills as a warrior than their beauty. The only Mando'ad that had ever gotten away with telling Kara Tor she was beautiful was her riduur Solus.

There was a slight delay in his answer. Wow she was gorgeous, had he thought that already? Short, she was short too. Kad was almost an entire foot taller than her, but that did not change his opinion. Now only if she could get the speeder running again.

"Go right ahead, vod," he said stepping out of the way. "The damage is beyond what I can manage.

@[member="Ralize Darkfeather"]

Ralize Darkfeather

R
Feisty melted into a soft smile for a brief moment, emerald eyes taking in his features as he spoke. He was...well, handsome...but that seemed like a bit of an understatement. Ralize blinked and realized he'd gone silent and stepped slightly to one side so she could pass. Dipping her head to hide her rapidly warming cheeks, she pretended to adjust the spanner she'd retrieved from her pocket.

When she'd managed to school her expression to something more appropriately feisty, she looked up...gods, he was marvelously tall, wasn't he...she nodded and sidled by to lean over the side of the speeder. Peering into the engine compartment, she frowned using the spanner to nudge aside an overheated tube that should have been cool. Her frown deepened as she shimmied a little higher and was effectively balanced on her toes.

"Ha! Found it..." Ralize exclaimed after several minutes, leaving her spanner and a rag wedged in to keep the coil away from the tube. Holding a bit of broken metal, she turned and held it up.

"Haven't seen an old speeder like this in a couple of years. So it took me a few minutes to find the problem. One of the heating coils in this production model runs a few inches below a tube carrying coolant. The brace keeping them at the proper distance has finally fallen apart on you. I can put in a temporary one, which will get you into Keldabe tonight, but you really should drive it to wherever you're going relatively carefully."

Engines were a marvelously safe topic and one she could wax eloquent about. As she spoke, she took his hand and dropped the broken bit in his palm. She rummaged in the passenger seat of her speeder, nearly toppling into it as she leaned over the door. Blasted part had fallen to the bottom of the box. With that and a few other bits stuffed in her pockets, Ralize grabbed a second spanner.

It didn't take her long to jury-rig the temporary part into place, and replace the part if the tube that had blistered and broken open enough to leak coolant into the coil to cause all the smoke.

"Right! That ought to do it. Seriously though, you should drive it to my shop either tonight or first thing. This is a temporary fix, it won't hold long." she said brightly as she wiped her hands on a rag.

For a brief moment, Kad could have sworn the petite mechanic was blushing. The thought made the Mando'ad smile. Briika was the only girl Kad ever made blush, and that was when he told embarrassing stories about his sister. When she finally looked up at him again, Kad was completely convinced she was the cutest thing he had ever seen. He caught how she played around with the hydrospanner until she could look at him again. When she looked up, it was his turn to look away. Those vibrant eyes of hers were so alluring. The young goran didn't want to seem like he was staring.

Kad walked around to see what she was up to. It hadn't taken her long to dive into the engine, but she was so petite she had lift to her toes to bend over far enough to get to the part she was after. This proved difficult for Kad. His eyes kept wandering. What was up with him? He was always so respectful, but now all he could think about was checking her out.

"Stop looking at her shebs you di'kut, not unless you want her beating you with her hydrospanner!"

Okay so Kad needed to move to see what was happening in the engine. He rounded the other side of the speeder and played with his tools just to distract him. That didn't work, he kept looking at the girl. She. was. absolutely. beautiful!

A chill ran down his back when she took his hand to drop the broken brace in his hand. That was new, but the goran in him started looking at the piece to see if it could be melted down and reforged. At least he could count on his mind to find some way to keep him from totally making over the mechanic, who apparently had her own shop. It seemed his evening plans had been made for him. Not because he couldn't take care of the speeder in the morning. Kad just wanted an excuse to spend more time with the mechanic.

"Lead the way and I'll follow. Oh and thanks for coming out to help um.... I don't think I caught your name?"

[member="Ralize Darkfeather"]

Ralize Darkfeather

R
He’s staring at me again…she mused quietly, feeling her cheeks warm as her fingers twisted the rag between them for lack of anything else to do. Ralize could all but feel the heat radiating from her features and it made her more than a little nervous.

Nervous in a good, kind of stomach-butterfly-tumbling kind of way…her instincts had never steered her wrong before. In fact, listening to those little internal prompts had kept her out of more trouble on Nar Shaddaa than anything else.

She realized she was toying with the rag and completely silent all over again, so she stuck the damn thing in her back pocket and bit her lower lip.

Right.

Answer him instead of staring at him, utreekov.

Ralize vowed to thank the brain cell that save her shebs in that moment and prompted her to say something that didn’t have her sounding like a stereotypical girl. “Oh, ba’gedet’ye…and my name is Ralize. Surname’s Darkfeather. I know, not a Mandalorian clan name, but it was my mother who was Mando’ad, not my father.” Ok, a little too much detail for a first conversation, she noted, but at least it didn’t sound atrocious.

Fingers rose to touch her cheeks and found them still warm. Great. Still blushing, she thought…thank all the gods Cor and Shar can’t see me now, or I’d never live this down. Blushing over a handsome face.

Turning to the side, she closed the hood of his speeder after retrieving her spanner and tucking it into her other back pocket. “Right then…follow me and I’ll get us back to the shop in short order.” she shot a glance over her shoulder and her emerald gaze flashed, barely resisting the urge to tell him to try and keep up.

Instead, Ralize hopped into her own speeder and started the engine. It purred to life at her touch to the controls, and she took her time turning it around. It gave him ample time to hop in and start his own speeder, which she listened too quite carefully. It sounded rough but workable for the time being, so she made a mental note check a few other things when she got the speeder onto the lift.

She's still blushing, and now she's twisting that rag of hers. She is too cute... Cute? Who thought that? Was that even something a Mando'ad even thought of? Kad was thinking, and trying not to make a big deal of it. The more she blushed, the more he smiled. The more he smiled, the more he thought he was looking like a di'kut. At least she shared her name, and for not having two parents who were Mando'ade, her Mando'a was very good. Kad wouldn''t have known.

Ralize Darkfeather... Kad quietly played with the name in his head for a moment. She had a pretty name, and he didn't care that her surname wasn't a clan name. All that mattered was if she was Mandokarla. That was the beauty of being a Mando'ad. You didn't have to be born into an allit. That was not what made a Mando'ad who they were.

"[member="Ralize Darkfeather"], he replied, "Kad Tor, and both my buire are Mando'ade. Hopefully that was the right thing to do. At least he was keeping pace to what she was sharing.

Kad nodded, hoping into his speeder. Ralize was moving already, her engine purring perfectly, his, well it sounded like a nexu in heat. Ralize was going to fix that though. Fixing his buy'ce back to his head, Kad prepped shifted his speeder into gear. There was no doubt in his mind that Ralize had solved the main issue, he just hoped something else didn't go wwrong before they reached her shop. That would be embarrassing. Right now Kad just wanted to get to her shop with no issues, and he was looking forward to spending however long it took for the repairs in her shop. He might not make it back home until morning because of this delay though, and Briika would want all the details. They would be simple, right? Speeder fixed, all nighter at the shoop working on beskar'gam, and back home for some caf, that was the plan. Okay maybe some flirting, but Briika didn't need to know that.

"Let's get out of here... I really need a change of scenery!

Ralize Darkfeather

R
[member="Kad Tor"]

A glance over her shoulder, emerald eyes glittering brightly in the late afternoon sun. Her blush was still warm and bright, and distantly she wondered if that was going to always be the case around him. Not...not that she minded.

This time, her gaze held a challenge within it, and she gently bit her lower lip before calling out to him. "Keep it in a lower gear and you should be fine...now just try and keep up..." Oh, it was vastly, horribly unfair of her, but she just couldn't help herself. There was a several klick stretch of straight, wide, road...and it begged to be raced. Fingers tugged her goggles into place, ensuring their careful and snug fit.

Ralize might have even let out a peal of melodic laughter as she revved her engine and took off. At least, she mused, she followed her own suggestion and kept it in a lower gear so she didn't completely lose him along the road. Entering the city proper demanded a much more sedate pace, especially along the smaller streets near the riverfront, where her garage was located. It took them an hour to make it back, and she was more than pleased to see him pull up right behind her.

It was a modest two story building, with the large garage taking up the entire first floor, and the tiny apartment she lived in taking up the second floor. Technically, she supposed, there was a third, given the small rooftop deck that offered an amazing view of the river, but that was neither here nor there just then. The press of a remote saw one of the rolling metal doors open up to admit Kad into the empty bay she'd prepped for his speeder, while another button saw the smallest of the doors open up to admit her own speeder.

The doors began to close of their own accord once they were inside, and the ventilation system kicked on automatically. Ralize turned her engine off and took a moment to gather the tools and parts she's tossed into the vehicle so hastily before she'd left, discarding her goggles and running a hand haphazardly through her hair. It didn't take long, until she had the box tucked under her arm and balanced on a hip as she strolled over to where Kad was.

"Not bad with a handicapped engine." the young mechanic grinned, completely ignoring the way her stomach tried wrapping around itself at the sight of his smile.

[member="Ralize Darkfeather"] seemed to have a need for speed. It was a good thing as far as Kad was concerned. Why should he trust a mechanic that didn't drive, and drive well. The land speeder was the only one Kad owned, and it wasn't even really his. The machine was old, and Kad was the third generation to use it. If only he would have known about the brace he could have kept the engine maintained well enough. The speeder may have been old, but she was better than any of the newer models. Hopefully Ralize would have it better than new in no time.

"Keep up, sure thing!

The sandy haired Mando'ad let out whoop as he gave the speeder some juice, keeping the gear low enough that he wouldn't overheat his engine again. There was no obstacle in sight between where the two young speedsters were and Keldabe proper. Had Kad not been wanting to ensure he made it to the garage that evening, he would have pushed the speeder as hard as it could have gone. The goran would have put some credits on the fact he could make it to the city limits within twenty minutes. Of course they went slower in the city itself because they had to.

Kad caught a quick glimpse of the river which ran by her shop. It made him smile. The trickle noise of the water as it rolled over the river rock was always a welcome and soothing sound for the youngest Tor. Many mornings and later evenings had been spent fishing one very similar to it in Enceri. It gave Kad an idea. He quickly popped his buy'ce off, and was met by the radiant green gaze of Ralize's vibrant eyes.

Gods those eyes have got to be the prettiest I've seen... he mused to himself as a wide smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.

It was almost an involuntary response. Every time she looked at him with those vibrant emeralds, he smiled.

"Not bad at all. They don't make land speeders like they used to. More amenities and not enough raw power anymore. You'll have to see what she can do on the open plains when the engine actually works.

Yes, that was an invitation, one he hoped she would accept.

"So I hope I didn't ruin any plans you had for tonight. I'll make it up to you though, he said as he hopped out of the speeder.

Wow she was petite. She made him feel like a giant.

Kad pointed out by the direction of the river, "You like fish? I can get us some and cook'em anyway you like. Shouldn't work on an empty stomach you know.

Right so he was looking for an excuse to stay.

Ralize Darkfeather

R
[member="Kad Tor"]
“Don’t get distracted by the first pretty face you find under one of those helmets, little sister.”
“You know he’ll have to pass our test, right? We’ll be keeping eyes on you...”

Cor and Shar’s deep rumbling voices had echoed across her comm only that morning, her usual weekly call with her brothers. Ralize missed them something fierce, and hoped their latest contract would end in a timely manner to allow them to come visit her. She found herself wondering what they’d make of Kad...

Gently shaking her head, her smile was as bright as her flushed cheeks. “No they really don’t. I tend to prefer restoring engines to being forced to rebuild them with modern parts. They’ve never got the right feel to them at that point. Believe me...” she said warmly, glancing to the speeder beside him. “...by the time I’m done with her, she’ll be purring like she just came off the assembly line. So I’ll be more than happy to go for a ride when she’s done.”

Setting the box down on an empty shelf beside the speeder, Ralize turned to comment and realize she was stand a lot closer to him than she had anticipated. It made the difference in height between them much more obvious...but stang it, he looked even better this close. Barely a hand-span between them, she found herself unwilling to move.

Emerald eyes gazed up at him as a slightly more flustered smile crossed her features, and her voice emerged soft and accented with a strong Nar Shaddian flavor. “Well, technically, you did...but I was just going down to the Oyu’baat with some friends. Nothing big. Glad I didn’t leave you stranded, though...” her voice trailed off as she reluctantly moved to take a half step back.

Fish? Why...oh stars. She was so damn distracted she’d not paid attention. Running her fingers through her hair absently, she nodded, her cheeks warming all over again. “I do like it, actually. And I just put a little grill up on the roof-deck so we could make dinner up there. Even have fresh uj’alayi for dessert...you’ll stay for that, I hope?”

She said she'd go for a ride with me after it was all fixed up... that's a good thing right. I need to talk to [member="Briika Tor"] about all of this when I get home............ She's gonna tease me big time!

All of a sudden, Kad found himself looking down at the petite mechanic. The height difference really was quite a bit, but Kad didn't really care. His eyes were locked in on the green eyes staring up at him. As much as he found himself looking at those eyes, he knew it would never get old. How was it he just knew that?

"Oh I'm sorry about that, but um... yeah... glad you picked me up."

Seriously!? This was the best he could do!? Here she had practically said she was glad she came to get him, and the best he could muster was a broken echo of what she had said. Kad could stand the heat of a forge, hammer beskar into magnificent armor, but he couldn't talk to a girl that was so close the could practically be kissing. He had never felt this awkward around a girl before, and if Briika were here to see this, he would totally get roasted.

Ralize eventually went off toward the speeder and mentioned something about a grill on the roof. Then another invitation. Looked like he was grilling the fish and she had uj cake for dessert. Right they needed fish for that to happen.

"You had me at fresh," he said digging through the back of the speeder for his fishing pole. "I'll stay until I have to go to the forge or you kick me out, whichever comes first. I got a side job building a suit of beskar'gam for a vod. The owner won't let me work side jobs on his time."

With pole in hand, Kad nodded and pointed toward the river indicating he'd be back once he had some fish. The time alone helped him to regroup. Boy he had behaved awkwardly at some points in that conversation back there. Being a good country boy though, Kad got the fish to bite easily. The river must not have been fished that often by all the city slickers, so the fish weren't too smart. Six seemed like a good number. Once he found the roof access, he made his way up to the grill where he cleaned and filleted the fish. He didn't know if Ralize liked her fish strong or not, so he took the scales off and just worried about the meat. Low and slow, spiced right, and full of smoke, was the way grill the fish. Briika was going to be jealous.

Hopefully Ralize would come up soon because the fish were getting done. There was time to clean up the mess before he had to deal with reducing the heat on the grill, so he might as well check on the lovely mechanic.

"The fish are ready whenever you are," Kad said popping his head in with a smile.

Ralize Darkfeather

R
She hummed softly to herself as she got everything organized within the garage bay, popping open the hood to Kad's speeder after he'd made his way outside to the river. Emerald eyes followed him until the door swung slowly shut and obscured her view of his fine-

-armor. His armor, she told herself rather severely, determined to not make a fool out of herself the way she had back home when she'd met Derek. Handsome bastard with a silver tongue nearly got her into the worse kind of trouble a girl could find on that planet. If it hadn't been for her own sense of self-preservation kicking in and a helping hand from Cor, she'd have been long lost by now.

She refused to repeat that. REFUSED. Ralize would never let anyone treat her that way again, she knew she deserved better and she was damn well going to find it. Some day. The young woman sighed and brushed a stray curl from her cheek, emerald gaze cascading over her assembled tools. Everything was in perfect order and ready to go...but. Dinner first.

She bit her lower lip as a smile threatened to completely overtake her features. Setting one last rag down in the pile, she meandered her way through the shop and upstairs to her little apartment. It was cozy, at best, meant more for a temporary stay than a permanent residence. But she loved it, because it was all her own. She didn't have to share, didn't have to deal with being pressed into a tiny corner of the Nar Shaddian apartment she'd grown up in.

"Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home..." Ralize said quietly, wondering if her mother would approve of her life these last few months. Her mind went off on a tangent of that nature for some time, as she cleaned herself up a bit and set to work in the tiny kitchen. The uj'alayi she'd made that morning was waiting nearby, while she tossed together a quick salad of fresh greens and vegetables she'd bought at the market that morning.

By the time Kad poked his head inside to tell her the fish was ready, she too had finished her preparations. His smile threw her stomach for the most wonderful kind of loop, and she felt her cheeks warming as she stood there and simply stared.

Dinner...salad...right.

"Great!" Ralize added, finally finding her voice. "I've got everything else ready...here, could you carry the uj and the ales?" she asked, handing him one tray while she took the other with the salad, plates, and utensils carefully set on top. It didn't take long to set everything up on the small table, chairs placed a bit close to one another in order to afford them the best view. Of the river, of course.

Once they were both seated, she took a bite of the fish and savored it. There was just enough spice and enough smoke to make the normally mild tasting fish marvelously flavorful. Ralize savored a second bite, emerald eyes bright and cheeks ever-warm. "This is fantastic, Kad...really. Frankly, I didn't think my spice collection could make fish taste quite so good."

[member="Kad Tor"]

Kad hadn't noticed [member="Ralize Darkfeather"]'s eyes dip downward as he left, all he picked up on was how she blushed every time he smiled at her. The more she blushed the more he smiled. It made him want to mind his manners, which was exactly why he had pulled her chair out for her and pushed it in as she sat. The salad looked wonderful, the uj cake to die for, and the fish smelled wonderful. Kad couldn't wait to dig into all of it.

The chairs were close, close enough that Kad could smell Ralize. While she had been working on speeder engines all day, there was still a natural appeal to the way she smelled. It took all of his willpower to keep himself from telling her how wonderful she smelled. They had just met. The pair was not courting, and Kad didn't want to get shot somewhere painful. He smiled and nodded as he took a bite of his fish when Ralize complimented the fish.

"You don't need a lot of seasoning for fish. Keep it simple with salt, pepper, a little lemon, and let the fish stand on its own."

Kad turned to look at Ralize. They were very close, her emerald eyes looking right at his. His smile just widened. The fact she liked his fish was a compliment on its own, and the way she looked at him. He could just kiss her.

"Um.... so.... you aren't from around here are you?

Ralize Darkfeather

R
Stars above, she'd put the chairs close, and it seemed as if they might have been nudged a little closer when he had held out hers. That in itself was a marvelous surprise...not that Ralize expected [member="Kad Tor"] to be uncouth, but most Mando'ade were rough around the edges, not possessed of impeccable manners.

She remembered how to breathe after a couple of moments, a few bites of food, and several sips of cold, crisp ale. The fish really was delicious, and she found herself quite pleased that the simply dressed salad paired so well with it.

When he turned to look at her, Ralize found herself hoping he'd lean over the tiny distance that separated them and kiss her. Setting her fork down as he spoke, she swallowed the bite of fish and gently shook her head, fingers lifting a napkin to her mouth before she formed a reply. "No, I'm not from here, I'm afraid. Nowhere near here, actually. My mother was from Onderon and my father from Nar Shaddaa. They lived briefly on Onderon when they got married before they moved back to Nar Shaddaa. That's where my brothers and I were born and where I lived until I left a couple of months ago."

The young mechanic dropped her gaze to her ale as she took a sip from the bottle, her smile soft and her cheeks still blasted warm. Another sip, and she managed, to her delight, to ask a question without sounding as nervous as she felt. "What about you?" she said quietly, glancing up into his dark eyes. "Have you lived here your whole life?"

Kad was trying so hard to be the country boy with impeccable manners. It wasn't proper to kiss a girl you had just met, but Kad didn't care anymore. The beskar'smith heard every word the Nar Shaddaa transplant had said. She had a mother, likely Mandalorian, a father, two brothers, who if they were around would be in the middle of the pair exactly at this moment. Kad would have been when [member="Briika Tor"] met [member="Kable Detta"], to keep what was about to happen from happening.

[member="Ralize Darkfeather"] had asked her question, but the way she looked a him with those green eyes, staring into his dark orbs, invited him closer, begged him to him to initiate. His mind was not on the answer to her question, but rather what he had wanted to do just moments earlier. They were close, close enough that all Kad had to do was lean in and capture her lips with his. He was no longer thinking about it, as that is exactly what he had done. Her lips were soft, still wet with droplets of ale. Sparks shot to Kad's toes, and his cheeks were red as he pulled away.

"Um... I'm from Enceri," he said still blushing with a fixed smile on his face. "That was okay just now, right?"

Leave it to the country boy who had never kissed a girl other than his mom or sister, and pretty much on the cheek, to ask a silly question like that.

Ralize Darkfeather

R
If Kad didn't kiss her in the next minute or two, she decided, she'd kiss him first. If there was a protocol or some form of manners for this, she didn't much care. Her brothers and her father would have cared, and would have had some choice words for her right then, with choicer ones and some level of violence for him. Thank all the gods she'd ever heard of they weren't there to ruin the moment, or the evening, with their presences.

She was a grown woman at all of eighteen, capable of holding her own in every way, and damnably proud of it. Ralize ignored the fact that she couldn't look at him without blushing brightly and feeling like her stomach was going to twist itself into peculiarly happy knots. No one had ever had that effect on her-

Only when his lips pressed against hers did she realize that her mind had wandered off on her. As the kiss lingered, her mind stopped working entirely, her senses overwhelmed with an almost electric rush of energy. Ralize blinked and sat stunned as he pulled back, finding his suddenly reply and warm blush so incredibly endearing.

Wait.

Reply.

Enceri.

Was..it...ok?

"More than ok." she said softly, somehow finding her voice and not even noticing how breathless it sounded, emerald eyes sparkling brightly.

"In fact, if you wanted to do it again...just to make sure..."

[member="Kad Tor"]

"Um... Okay," Kad said leaning in once again.

He didn't need to think twice about what he wanted. Kissing her again, Kad felt the same electric sensation as he had the first time. There was a passion with the kiss, something he didn't think he could feel for someone he had just met, but it was there regardless. One kiss turned into several before Kad pulled away, cheeks still red, smile wide. All of a sudden, Kad wasn't interested in his fish. He just wanted to keep kissing Ralize.

Kad was very glad Briika was not there. Were she here he would be catching flack for kissing a girl he didn't know, and a full lecture at keeping his passion, and hormones, in check. That would put a damper on things. Though maybe Briika was right, because the hormones were pumping, he was a man after all, a twenty year old man who had never been intimate with a woman before.

"So I take it this means you aren't mad at me for breaking up your plans for the evening," Kad asked with a grin, and that you'd say yes if I asked you out again?"

Right that was just cheesy. Hopefully [member="Ralize Darkfeather"] didn't hold that against him.

Ralize Darkfeather

R
She was reasonably certain her mind was never going to work again.

Her expression as they finally parted was somewhere between pleased and just a little too much desire than she ought to have properly felt for someone she barely knew. Fingertips trailing along his warm cheeks and tracing the shape of his wide smile, her senses still all manner of dazed. Holy hell, the country boy could kiss.

Get a grip, girl!

Ralize chided herself mentally and withdrew her hand from his face with obvious reluctance. Hands folded together demurely in her lap, her warm emerald gaze was matched by the warmth still coursing across the surface of her skin. She glanced up at him as he found the ability to speak, and felt her smile growing in response to his. "Not mad at all...in fact, rather grateful you came along." she replied, reaching for her ale and taking a long sip before setting it down again.

"And the answer will absolutely be yes, whenever you get around to asking." Ral said, giving a tiny grin of her own, as she tore her gaze away from his before she got too flustered again. She took the time to have another bite or two of the fish and the salad, if only to give herself a chance to collect her widely scattered and aimlessly wandering wits. Most of them seemed hell bent on avoiding reclamation, a silence falling between them that somehow wasn't awkward. It was comfortable, and oddly so that her instincts were so comfortable with someone so quickly.

Another thing to ponder.

The young Nar Shaddian gazed over at him, quietly picking up her ale and polishing it off. Emerald eyes cascaded over him with more than a bit of admiration before she realized she was staring. In spite of her bright red cheeks, this time she didn't look away. "If you're done..." she nodded towards his plate "...I could make some caf and you can tell me what you think of the uj, before we head down to the shop again."

Ralize paused, bit her lower lip and might have gazed up at him through her dark lashes. "Because I admittedly have completely forgotten about your speeder until now."

"Well then I'm asking now, what are you doing this weekend? I've got that beskar'gam to finish, but I'll be free this weekend. We can do whatever you want, something you're interested in," Kad said unable to take his eyes off the petite brunette.

Gods she was gorgeous, and her lips were so soft. If Kad was honest he could kiss them all night long, and wanted to. He got the distinct impression she could as well. The good country boy had always been able to "behave" with other women, but he found himself wanting to throw all of that good natured upbringing out the window. How was it a petite, little mechanic could do that to him. All he wanted to do was forget the food, forget the uj cake, forget the caf, and get his lips back to kissing the girl he was with. His mind got one track very fast.

Kad just nodded when Ralize asked about the caf and uj cake. She hadn't gotten up yet, and the way she bit her lip, Kad was gone. The Mando'ad leaned in once more and kissed her again. He wanted to feel her hands on his face again. This time though her hands weren't the only ones moving. Kad wrapped her him his large arms and drew her closer. Several kisses were exchanged between them before Kad managed to say anything.

"The speeder can wait until tomorrow," he said capturing her for a kiss once more.

The passion was beginning to spill over. The country boy let all manners go. If Ralize didn't want things to progress all she had to do was tell him to take a hike, and he would, but if she didn't stop him, he wasn't going to stop. His hands grabbed the hem of her tank top and lifted it off of her. Things were beginning to progress quickly, and it was time to get off the chairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom