Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cyran Vaas 5 Years Later (almost) a Retrospective

I created Cyran in May of 2018, hense the "almost" in the title. I generally don't subject my characters to peer-reviews on the site. But I figured I'd throw out a feedback thread for any and all who are interesting in providing a bit of myself as Cyran's writer.

When I first made Cyran I created him as a sort of tongue and cheek copy of a character like Jodo Kast who in legends impersonated a Mandalorian with unearned armor. But not just any mandalorian, Boba Fett of all people after he fell into the sarlacc pit. When I made Cyran he never took anyone's individual identity but he was still cosplaying as a Mandalorian in his early days as a bounty hunter. Cause he thought they were cool. Since then though he has mostly become a mandalorian, really depends on how gatekeepy some might wanna be with that.

Since then I've added on to Cyran as more than just a more humorous copy of a lesser known legends character, fleshing him out into his own character that I'm pretty fond of now. One of the bigger aspects of him that I take into account his him being a zeltron, and not just a horny dude painted pink. Also playing a character who doesn't kill or even use much lethal force at all is pretty fun and has given me a better application for similar characters in fiction such as batman or daredevil from Marvel and DC respectively. Sometimes I can feel like Cyran is even more disciplined than many Jedi even are. lol.

Overall for me writing Cyran has been a blast and there's still plenty more I wanna do with him. Even making the graphics and edits I use for him are fun, washing him in a colorful splash of retro 80ish aesthetics is nice I think to contrast him from some of his more serious and drab contemporaries (no offense who write such characters, they're cool too :D) Anyways, thanks for reading this far into an OOC see post Dear Reader. It was a tad longer and maybe a little more convoluted than I had originally intended, but as mentioned earlier some feedback or ideas anyone might have for my character would be greatly valued. :)

Love him!

The character is really well-written and I enjoy our stories a ton. As a writer, you're also very easy to work with, and I love that you introduce things into the stories as well. You push it forward, add in surprises and it's just really fun to go back and forth because of it. Hope to see you keep going with him! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom