Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Cyclops-class Heavy Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
3HCm06v.png

Cyclops-class Heavy Cruiser

Image Source: http://digital-art-gallery.com/picture/8106
Affiliation: Zorr'awam dot'this
Manufacturer: Loronar Corporation
Model: Cyclops-class
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Turadium
Classification: Heavy Cruiser

Length: 675m
Width: 150m
Height: 175m
Armament:
Hangar:
  • 1 Squadron of Fighters
  • 2 Squadrons of Needle Fighters (24 Needle Fighters per squadron)

Special Features:
Maneuverability Rating: 12
Speed Rating: 10
Hyperdrive Class: 1.5

Strengths:
  • Durable: Low Maintenance costs, can take enough hits before becoming disabled
  • Heavy Broadside: Flurry of heavy turbolasers on an enemy ship
Weaknesses:
  • Broadside Only: It's forward facing turret is only good for Small-Medium sized Freighters, It's broadside cannons being capital-grade.
  • Distance Required: Fast ships and close ships are hard to target with the broadside only cannons, becoming problematic with having to turn, also.
Description:
  • Crew: 3,000 (500 minimum)
  • Cargo Capacity: 35,000 tons
  • Passengers: 2,000
  • Consumables: 2 years
  • Counter Measure Capacity: 50 flares
  • The Cyclops-class is not designated as a carrier or command, but they are deemed the scary behemoths that once leading a group of Capable-class and Droid Frigates, it's considered the Star Destroyer of Loronar Corporation, and command vessel of their major fleets. Only used when the Capable-class is incapable of preventing pirates and thieves and others from assaulting Loronars property. The hangar, though small, is located on the under belly between the main front part of the ship and the rear, where they connect. Making its midsection somewhat empty. The Needle Fighters are launched individually from individual Launch Bays on the sides of the rear of the ship.
Development Thread: If needed
Intent: Cyclops-class was created to give Loronar Corporation a leading Warship for their selling catalog and for personal use in Company usage or Faction usage.
Who Can Use This: Non-Sith/Jedi/Witch

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Gir Quee"]

Designated as antimissile missiles, that are very limited. Not designed as missile vessels, so doesn't carry more than around 50 missiles in cargo. Launching about 10 each times. Do I need to include this description

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], I'd probably list it as a countermeasure flare launcher. I would add the number carried in the description itself, speaking of which...

I think the description could use a few sentences describing the ship. It could be as simple as describing the ship's layout, its intent, some of its features etc.

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], yes, same for that submission too. I'm not expecting a novel of where the reactor core is and how it works, but something like 3 or 4 sentences that flesh out the concept of the ship itself.

[member="Huurblugg Pos"], upon further discussion with the other judges, there seems to be an understanding that fighters as small as a Needle Fighter can come in as squadrons of up to 24 fighters each. If you'd like, can edit both this sub and the frigate so that it's at those levels. It should look something like this:

Hangar:
1 Squadron of Starfighters
2 Squadrons of Needle Fighters (24 Needle Fighters per squadron)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom