Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current Threads and Plans For Future, Possibility of Going Major

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Hey fem and gentlebots, so lately our activity has been down understandably as some of us went on a summer break and took LOA from the site, on my own part I had to do similar as I begun to work 6-7 days a week now that my university classes are over to build up some funds for the next semester, that coupled with a brief bout of illness due to food poisoning meant that I can at best right now do post a day.

However we still had some new members join us like [member="X30-20G"] representing his Smugglers Alliance, [member="Chip"] who from what I can tell just wants to creep on us in stealth cloak and gather information, and [member="BX-25233"] from the remnants of latest incarnation of the Confederacy. Fortunately next week should be the last one when I have to work so much, so I'll have more time to spend on the board and write more content centered around the Metal Lords.

First of all we should focus on wrapping up the current Faction threads like Cities In The Void, the story about how Metal Lords came to be, and Out of the Second Age, [member="Ultimatum"]'s personal story line about encountering a strange ship in the deep space, there's still room and opportunity for people to join in there.

Second of all I want to do a storyline about Metal Lords arriving over Corellia and setting up bases in orbit there as well as getting in contact with the natives. As some of you know Corellia was more or less desolated by the Sith some time back and renamed to "Brokellia" the storyline would be about us helping to rebuild it and then reap profits from their resources and the trade lanes crossing at its location.

It could also be a set up for us to go Major in that hex. It was an option I've been mulling over for some time but I've been waited until the time when HK could both leave GA to focus more on the Metal Lords and we had 15 members or so. If we would go major we would be contained only within the Corellian Hex and we would try to establish a strong relationship with the Commenor and Free Worlds Coallition who would be our neighbors and one hex as well. Presence on the map would put more attention on us and possibly help us recruit more writers while giving us more resources for future threads and to cause more trouble ICly.

In Character it would only be a group of Metal Lords who would settle down and claim territory, their presence would be contained on ships and bases orbiting Corellia and at the first sign of trouble they would probably abandon it to go back to their nomadic ways, running off with the credits and ships they made in the process. Meanwhile other Metal Lords would be free to still roam the Galaxy and adventure around without sticking to the one hex.

But before I would decide it was time to make that jump I would need support from at least 7 of you who would also be willing to actively write within Corellian hex the development of the planets there, join in on diplomatic threads with our neighbors, and use our new resources against our enemies. I would also need to actually appoint staff so I would need possibly active members for that too.

Let me know what you all think!

I think it would be good to finish the Metal Lords thread, I forgot though was it my turn? If so, then >.< sorry.

With the first part of repairing Corellia, I am all game and I think it would be great to get Ultimatum thinking once more to the ideas I had early on with what he would do.

As for setting up major I think it would be interesting, Ultimatum has been good friends with Lady Kay of the Commenor so he might be able to build relations between the two, should it come to that.

[member="HK-36"]

Oh, and the Dominion thread which WD and I are working in is still incomplete so when he gets back there will be that to finish as well.

Lord Mettallum

A really buffed Metal Lord
[member="Chip"] I Lord Mettallum will probably roleplay as bender
This post just made me realise bender and Lord Mettallum have the same tastes
Love female droids and love to drink even if droids can't taste beer

Lord Mettallum said:
[member="Chip"] I Lord Mettallum will probably roleplay as bender
This post just made me realise bender and Lord Mettallum have the same tastes
Love female droids and love to drink even if droids can't taste beer
4fe.gif

HK-36

[member="Lord Mettallum"],

I only tagged BX since it's more of an OOC discussion so I didn't want to tag you as a writer twice :p

[member="Chip"],

Nice, I've been thinking we should also do more skirmishes and raids on other factions so that suit would be useful.

Also, what do you two think about us going possibly major?

Also, also, [member="Ultimatum"], it seems that Free Worlds are actually planning to Dominion Corellia, which is a bit upsetting to me because I learned about it only a day after I posted this thread. I want to see how many people we have interested first before we'll possibly dispute their claim, but if we won't be able to contest it then it's no big deal, we can always join the storyline of their dominion and then go for another planet on major commercial hyperlanes like Denon or Brenaal IV.

If we have people interested in going major, we could probably ask the Free peoples about allowing us to have the planet. They might agree, given that we would probably be allies to them. I hope that we have interest, I think it would be fun to try and get this to work.

And as you said, should Corellia not work we can always go to another world. Perhaps we could even submit a planet and use that.
[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Ultimatum"],

Well apparently they were planning it for a while, I'm actually in their discord chat but I must have missed it all the times they discussed it because of my work, just the same they must have missed it when I was starting to ask things about Corellia and Corellians in other discord groups to build up towards our story arc there.

Either way, subbing a world is a good idea too, however what I liked about Corellia, outside of its lore, possibility for rebuilding it in our image, and the shipyards, is that it's at the cross of a couple of major hyperlanes, same with the other worlds I proposed like Denon.

I think that should be a major feature we should look for in our capital since we would still have nomadic elements outside of the Hex, in fact majority of the Metal Lords, at least NPCs, would still roam Galaxy as nomads. Having access to multiple hyperlanes would mean that it would be easier for other Lords outside the hex to find their way into our territory, if we needed to abandon the planets quickly it would be easier to escape into the void, and the trade lanes would bring commercial traffic we could benefit from.

Also I was thinking that we could develop them further, establish our own hyper lanes in junction with the existing ones since ICly we would be traveling the area so much, fighting off pirates and trading with more remote planets, that there would be a case to be made about us establishing more hyper lanes as our activity and presence in the area increased.

What about Carida? It is along one major shipping lane and is pretty close to a convergence point of multiple lanes. It has something of a history in production and war academies.

I don't know if the planet is under someone else's control, but Kuat might be another good place to go, since it has the massive shipyards and I think was along some hyperlane.

Just some ideas.

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Ultimatum"],

Both of those sound good! I'll keep them in mind, if we'll have enough members interested now then we'll discuss possible starting planets further, otherwise I'm thinking about bringing this up again in late July or early August when people like WD are going to be back from break and we might have even more active members.

I can't promise that I'd get super committed. I'm busy with work and try to avoid getting tied down with major faction drama. That being said, I'd definitely toss down posts here and there to help keep the ball rolling.

And random pewpew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom