Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curiosity Killed The Bith

Kruel Zing

Standing in the snow of Arkania, Kruel looked up to the sky the crimson orbs never leaving it. The wind blew wildly causing the Dashade’s cloak to flap in the wind. He’d been contacted a few standard days ago by a Bith by the name of Dravis. While Kruel had personally never heard of such a Bith it was always a pleasure when one mustered the courage to contact him. Not many had the courage or the outright gall to contact Kruel especially after the subjugation of Arkania. That was probably how he had come to the Bith’s attention, so of course Kruel would allow Dravis a meeting. He had supposedly also caused a slight ruckus with all of Kruel’s other upper echelon of apprentices and not been killed. He may be useful for something after all.

“My Lord you should get in before you catch a chill.” One of Ambroscus’ followers yelled from the entrance of the repurposed jedi Praxeum. His voice barely carried above the wind as it whistled in Kruel’s ears but the Dashade picked up the slight sensation of worry. His followers did truly see him as a paternal figure. They even cared for the Dashade, the one thing he had craved during his time as a jedi was now being received after his fall to the Sith. How ironic, an order devoted to unity and peace couldn’t accept him but those born of the dark, filled with ambition and dark emotions saw him akin to their savior. It warmed the black hole Kruel called a heart.

Having looked over what information the holonet could provide on the Bith, Kruel saw no mention of the force nor could see any definite connections why the Bith would’ve wished to become a Sith. Usually it was something in their path that drove them to become one with the dark, but there were on occasion those born to it. That had been destined to become Sith. Was that possibly Dravis?

[member="Dravis Rosilla"]

Dravis knew pain. He knew how it felt to be shocked within an inch of one's life. He knew how the stinging, blinding, burning hot sands of Tatooine burned against his eyes. He knew the pain of leaving one's family, possibly to never see them again.

But the numbing sensation of losing oneself in the cold? It somehow hurt more than pain.

As an added bonus, Dravis hated the color white.

The Bith trudged through the white substance, cloak wrapped around him to provide some barrier between him and the cold. He half-expected that he had gone mad, walking into the Arkanian wilds with little more than a hunch. Then again, since he had been shot into the world of the Sith, his life had been anything but sane. He had enjoyed himself to no end, exercising mental muscles he hadn't known he had. His business savvy and constant annoyance at nothing and everything seemed to translate well into his new destiny.

So he followed his hunch, but a simple sense the moment he had arrived on Arkania. He was following a tendril of Darkness, or... so he thought. It seemed his little hike had payed off, as he subtly felt the dark presence nearing. Eventually, he saw the Dark Lord. The Dashade was impressive, rising above the snow around him, the Praexum behind him a blur in the cold. Dravis grinned, and continued walking further.

The Bith removed his hood, revealing a large, wrinkly head. His circular mouth was contorted into an ever-present angry snarl. But the most startling feature of the budding Sith were his eyes; Deep, endless pools of murky black, fiery yellow sparks floating in each infinite dark.

When he got close enough, Dravis bowed deeply, keeping his bulbous brain low to the ground. "My Lord... It is my honor to speak with you." The Bith's words curled out, almost cooing. "Shall we talk business? Inside? Where we won't acquire frostbite?"

- [member="Kruel Zing"] -

Kruel Zing

Continuing to watch the sky Kruel felt a presence nearing him, less the presence and more the emotions that were being emitted. While he was no telepath the ability of consume essence essentially allowed Kruel to sense others out whether the emotions be positive or negative. Bringing his head down he looked to the crest of a hill where he saw a lone figure crossing it. The bulbous shape beneath the cloak revealed the individuals’ identity immediately. Not many could have the head shape of a Bith, but above all they were some of the most intelligent species to grace the galaxy. Kruel could sense the raw power of the force within the Bith. So much potential that had yet to be fully harnessed that the young one was lacking. One day Kruel would drag it out even if it meant throttling the Bith.

[SIZE=11pt]As he neared Kruel looked down upon the Bith. Easily towering over the individual Kruel took note of the eyes of the young one. The sparks of flames behind them that screamed for more power. This Bith had only had a single taste of what the darkside could offer. “It is an honor indeed. Not many have the courage to simply contact me. I so far have had to search out my apprentices, not one has searched me out besides you.” With a growl Kruel leaned in close then smiled at the Bith. “That makes you unique, so this one time I’ll let it slide. Come inside so we can discuss your future, what you wish from me and what you can give me in return.” Motioning with his hand for the Bith to follow Kruel trudged through the snow. There were no boots upon his large feet and beneath his cloak he only wore bottoms his chest bare to the environment. This would one day be a vital part of Dravis’ training.

Upon entering the Praxeum they would both be welcomed by a comforting warmth that surrounded their beings. Kruel had at times theorized it was more than just the heating of the building but possibly the large concentration of the darkside from the slaughter that had been committed when the Sith first took the planet. Mulling about the building would be numerous other acolytes and individuals of the darkside. These were not Kruel’s apprentices but more his followers. Very few were given the chance to learn at the feet of the Sith Lord. Up a large flight of stairs Kruel continued to lead Dravis to the council chambers where the Jedi Masters of old had once met. How he knew it well. Dravis would also notice that the remnants of the jedi had been left untouched. Busts of famous jedi remained and the extravagant decorations remained. “Bring us drink.” Kruel said to a passing acolyte as they reached the council chambers.

In the center of the chamber was a large table meant for at least twelve individuals to sit large cushioned chairs positioned around it. “Take a seat my child and begin your proposition.”
[/SIZE]

"Of course, My Lord." Dravis stood, interested by the fact that none of his other apprentices had sought the Dashade out. He had met them, of course. They seemed simple of mind, doing only what they were told to do, not much more. Hand of Ambroscus? They reminded Dravis more of a knife: cold, dangerous, but with no intelligence without a wielder.

The Bith followed his intimidating better into the Praexum, giving the priceless statuettes and decorations uninterested looks. They were not Sith artifacts, therefore, they were inferior. The sentiment behind keeping them was not lost on Dravis, however. They would be a direct taunt to any Jedi. How cute of them.

Dravis sat slowly at the table, relaxing into the chair. It seemed the Jedi really knew how to cushion their chairs. Considering they probably sat in these chairs all day, Mr. Rosilla could understand why.

Dravis decided against trying to manipulate the Sith Lord in any way. Chances are, Dravis would fail, and end up with a fist through his skull. No, that wouldn't do.

"Well, my name is Dravis Rosilla. I was a bartender at Rosilla's, on Coruscant. Quite the place, if you've ever got the time." Dravis laughed coldly before continuing. "All my life, I've wanted something more... I wanted to be recognized for the splendor I surely had within me. Then I found the Force, and consequently, the Dark Side. And I have never felt better."

The Bith looked at Kruel expectantly, almost greedily, thinking of all the power he could obtain with the man. "I've asked to meet with you because I want more. I want power. I want my name to be feared from one side of the galaxy to the next." The yellow in Drav's eyes flared hungrily. "I want to learn from you."

"I want to be a student of yours. I want to learn, and grow, until our power knows no bounds."

Kruel Zing

Sitting in the chair meant for other larger species Kruel sat back his hands steepled as he continued to stare at the Bith. The crimson orbs never left Dravis as the Bith sat and made himself comfortable, even beginning his speech. Kruel had found his apprentices in a variety of places, one upon a Galactic Alliance prison barge. Another aboard a transport shuttle, even found one in an underground arena. All of them had been in the moment of something far greater as though the force had aligned showing Kruel to them. However, with Dravis he had found one who was willing to take matters into his own hand. There was no need to entice this individual with power or make some bargain. No, Dravis wanted it all for himself and was willing to do whatever necessary to get it… Good, this was the true beginning of many fortuitous events.

“It is human nature, or in this instance sentient nature that makes us all crave more from life. To believe we should lead greater lives. That is the ambition that has driven the galaxy since the beginning of time. It is why we have the technology to traverse the wide expanses of space in hours instead of years. It is why we are able to have weapons capable of leveling entire worlds. It is why we the Sith grow stronger where the jedi become weak. They give up what makes them the most human in hopes that they can bring a peace that will never truly come. The galaxy will forever be at war my child. There is no Peace, there is only passion!” Raising a fist for emphasis Kruel summoned his own abilities in the force. The entire chamber began to shake from his sheer telekinetic might threatening to implode upon the two. A slight knock on the door signaled another entering. A pale skinned Munn carrying a tray with two goblets upon it and a pitcher in the center. Wafting from the pitcher the faint smell of copper filled the air. Without question or hesitation, the Munn filled the two goblets with the rich liquor personally crafted by the followers of Kruel.

Goblets filled to the brim they were each set before their owners. In them a thick black liquid sat staring back the smell of copper stronger than it had been before. In actuality the drink was made mostly from blood then mixed with berries followed by an aging process to give it the alcoholic taste. The drink would be incredibly bitter but upon drinking it one would feel a great heat spread through their body as the blood itself had also been imbued with the force. Waving a hand to dismiss the Munn, Kruel looked back to Dravis. “You want to be a student of mines… Darth Ambroscus, the consumer of all and you wish to be a mere student? No my child you have shown much more promise than being a mere student. I shall show you the ways of the devourer and through that turn you into one rivaling even the likes of Nihlus!”

Dravis took in the Dashade's words mutely, only nodding in agreement when he spoke. But when he made the room shake with his power, Dravis couldn't help but smile gleefully. He had chosen the right man to contact, it seemed. The moment of unlimited power was interrupted by a knock at the door.

When the drinks were introduced, Drav took his own goblet, and drank liberally, downing a few gulps in one fell swoop. The drink was bitter, but working in a bar had accustomed the Bith to bad drinks. Dravis was delightfully surprised, then, when he felt a surging warmth throughout his body. This was quite the stuff. Briefly, Drav wondered what it was, so he could order some for Rosilla's. Then he remembered he didn't own Rosilla's anymore. Oh well, that was the old Dravis. The weak Dravis. The inferior Dravis.

No, the new Dravis was superior in every way, but yet, still inferior to the dark presence before him. He would learn, according to Darth Ambroscus' words, the ways of the devourer. Something about a... what, Nightlust? Knife-list? Dravis maybe hadn't heard correctly, or simply didn't know enough about Sith culture. His knowledge about the history of the Sith was greatly limited to a few random tomes. He would have to learn.

"That would please me to no end, My Lord. If you would take me under your wing, I promise I could be of use."

Kruel Zing

The act of drinking the blood had not gone unnoticed by Kruel, it was rather impressive. Dravis hadn’t even hesitated as he drank from the goblet. Kruel had seen Sith lords squirm before such a trial. This one was made of sterner stuff. It was magnificent. One so brave, Kruel’s true apprentices had so far been nothing but cream of the crop picks. Many Sith would be envious of those that had fallen in line to ally themselves with and learn from Ambroscus. Even Kruel himself could scarcely believe it. With the numerous Sith that scoured the galaxy he had caught the eyes of those with the most potential. They would be the ones to carry on his legacy. Kruel’s time was limited on this plane but he planned on ensuring he left something behind.

“If that is what truly pleases you then come before me my child and kneel. Swear yourself to not only me but the ways of the Darkside. Know that once you take this path there will be no turning back, for to do so will spend your certain demise.” The baptism of his upper echelon of apprentices had varied in many ways. One had been branded through the dashade’s own blood. Another through lightning and now Dravis would go through his own baptism. One would have to be reborn into a Sith to truly understand what awaited them at the end of the treacherous path. To experience what power, they would one day wield.

Dravis’ baptism would be unique just like the hands of Kruel. Pulling the force into himself Kruel fed upon the entirety of Arkania. Whether it be the crying of a child forced to bed, or a wife angered by her husbands affair. It all came flooding into him along with the darkside itself. The rooms temperature dropped to near freezing. Crawling across the surface of the table and up the walls ice as Kruel continued to feed on the darkside converging it all into his being. His bloodshine orbs widened and his entire being hummed with a power rivaling a nexus. The darkside was manifested and it felt as though the light side screamed out as its sactum was sullied by the influx of darkness.

Dravis took another sip from the chalice, savoring the bitter taste, and reveling in the glow that followed. He nodded as Darth Ambroscus told him to come forward, and say his vows. He had experienced a similar situation when he was first asked to revel in the dark side, except he had been tortured beforehand. He had barely gotten a choice in the matter. This time was different. This time, it was of his own ambition, of his own volition, that he swore himself to his master, and to the Darkness.

"I swear that I will be loyal to you." Dravis felt a shift in the Force, and he felt an influx of power in the room shift. He stood from his chair, and kneeled down before his new Lord.

"I swear, not on my honor, for honor has no place in the Dark Side." Dravis felt the power grow and grow. The room's temperature seemed to shift slightly.

"I swear, not on my emotions, for those shift with every coming day." The room's chill began to worsen, and ice began to crawl over the area. Dravis' cup was frozen, and he saw his breath, murky white, in front of him as he kneeled.

"I swear, not on my life, for that is mine and mine alone." The air seemed to freeze, and the whole world stopped, waiting on the Bith's next words.

"I swear on the ever-growing Dark Side, for I will let you forge me with it, into whatever shape you seek. And with it, I swear my honor, emotions, and life to you, and the Darkness."

The magnificent being before him swelled in power, and the entire room cried out in terror. Dravis felt his own power grow, being so close to the splendor, the small dots of fire in his eyes swelling into flames of yellow. He had never felt so powerful.

Indeed, his chains had broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom